PDA

View Full Version : National Treasure - The Movie

Hardrock69
05-30-2005, 02:16 AM
Actually I just wanted to say this is a pretty good movie.

The search for an Ancient Treasure passed down through the ages from King Solomon's time by the Knights Templar and later on the Freemasons, and hidden by the founding fathers of the United States, many of whom were Freemasons as well.

Nicolas Cage, Sean Bean, an appearance by Christopher Plummer, John Voight, Diane Kruger (a hottie in a great role), and Harvey Keitel.

I really dig the score for this film. Great mixture of classical and modern music.

Just thought I would put in a plug for it....I have seen it 4 times now, and I say it is one of the best films of 2004.

Trailer Link:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/national_treasure/trailer/

Official Movie Website:

http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/liveaction/nationaltreasure/index.html

Here are a couple of great promo images...

Hardrock69
05-30-2005, 02:22 AM

Hardrock69
05-30-2005, 02:29 AM

Cathedral
05-30-2005, 02:39 AM
I fell asleep during it, that is a sure fire sign that it SUCKED GOAT BALLS IN IRAN!
Ever had to be woken up in a theater for snoring? It's a hoot.

The beginning was interesting, then it just died and i blame Nick Cage and his "same character in every movie" approach to acting for it.
The ship explosion was so unbelievable, i think that is the exact scene the movie lost me.
Both of those dudes on the ship with all that really old gunpowder would have been dead in reality.

But that is just my experience with it.
I take movies for what they are, entertainment. But when it fails to keep me entertained i find it to be a waste of two hours and a few dollars.

However, i am glad that someone found it to be a good film and could enjoy it.

I fear Batman Begins will be a concrete boot as well.
I'm a huge batman fan, but strangely am not planning to see it on the big screen.

I'll tell you one flick that is going to be a surprise hit, and that is The Dukes of Hazzard.
I had the honor of reading the screenplay for that and it is going to be everything you ever wanted to see in the TV series but decency wouldn't permit.
The plot in the movie is so damn close to how life really was in my hometown, it is a genuine good old boy experience with the typical touch of Hollywood installed for prosperity.

Hardrock69
05-30-2005, 02:46 AM
Here is a page with lots of miscellaneous links that are mostly relevant to this film...concerning biographies of some of the historical figures mentioned, as well as stuff about Freemasonry, Knights Templar, etc.

http://www.light-of-truth.com/Freemasonry/NationalTreasure.htm

As well as a COOL web page at the National Archives website answering questions peeps may have concerning the historical aspects of this film....including what is REALLY written on the back of the Declaration Of Independence....

:)

http://www.archives.gov/national_archives_experience/charters/treasure/treasure_hunt.html

Hardrock69
05-30-2005, 03:15 AM
Here is the page from the National Arvchives website with the lowdown on the history of the actual Declaration Of Independence as a document:

http://www.archives.gov/national_archives_experience/charters/treasure/declaration_facts.html

I think it important to read such stuff every now and then, and this is quite fascinating stuff....

The one thing this movie brought to my mind was a statement from the movie "The Gladiator"...."There once was a dream that was Rome...."

That really kind of applies right now....sure what our Founding Fathers wrote in these documents was a fantastic piece of history...but then, if the British had won the Revolutionary War, it would not have nearly the importance it does haha...and we seem to have moved somewhat away in recent decades from the Dream of 1776...

Man....I made an mp3 of the music that plays over the closing credits...it is 8 minutes 57 long.

"57 what?"

You figure it out....

The grande picture is that despite all of our wolrd diffrences in the past, oh 5,000 years or so....we have survived long enough to have a David Lee Roth Army messageboard such as this.

Humans in general are good, with the usual minority of idiots and assholes, but despite the state of the world today I feel fortunate to be alive....

Typing this crap is what happens at 2 in the morning on a night you can actually do so....i.e. before a holiday....

Enough of this crap. You....

Yeah YOU!

Go get high and listen to some old VH. At least we have what we have, it coulda been worse...

I tried to change my avatar, but it is *gasp* 44 kb in size.

Oh well. Lurch I remain for now.

Hardrock69
05-30-2005, 03:41 AM
And lastly but not leastly, hi-res images of the Declaration, Constitution, etc.:

http://www.archives.gov/national_archives_experience/charters/charters_downloads.html

Hardrock69
05-30-2005, 03:57 AM
Absolutely. Not everyone is going to dig it.

I for one was bored by Star Wars III. Call it blasphemy or some shit, but as good as it was, is still did not have the impact of the first 3 films....

And yeah, Nicolas Cage is....Nicolas Cage. But then, every great action star was the same person in all their films....it is a John Wayne film...ok that says it all. OR, it is the latest film from AH-nold...
But I also find Mr. Cage to be somewhat boring...just my opinion....

:D

Cathedral
05-30-2005, 04:12 AM
Let's go ahead and call it the John Wayne syndrome then, lol.

However, Cage was great in Valley Girl and Raising Arizona, two great films where he did great at becoming the character.

I guess actors just get lazy after they make their first million.

Hardrock69
05-30-2005, 04:20 AM
Yeah...it happens...I think he is a decent actor who will always be seen as himself...not "the character".

If it is somebody kickass like say CLINT....I don't mind so much. I would have gone to see this film regardless of who the male lead was, simply because the story is something I find pretty interesting in the "What-if" fiction category.....and it helps that a) there is a hot babe with a strong presence, b) a treasure worth 50 bazillion dollars, and c) all the usual car chases, big FIERY EXPLOSIONS, guns, squealing of tires.....uhhh did I leave anything out?....Oh YEAH....screaming, there is a lot of yelling and screaming....and sometimes even some cursing :eek:
(well, not really I just made that last bit up to sound cool...) :D

I might add that on this movie, whether the story appeals to anyone or not, the production is first rate. The visuals are pretty cool and the sound quality is outstanding....it is late....I could start rambling about something totally irrelevant...me tired....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzz
zzzz