PDA

View Full Version : Bob Seger Reissues

Matt White
05-30-2005, 02:18 PM
Looks like SMOKIN' OPS & BACK IN '72 are getting released on CD!!! FINALLY
BOB SEGER, before the FORD commercials & when he was a live DYNAMO!!!

THE BOB SEGER SYSTEM!!!:D

SMOKIN' OPS
Track Listings
1. Bo Diddley
2. Love the One You're With
3. If I Were a Carpenter
4. Hummin' Bird
5. Let It Rock
6. Turn on Your Love Light
7. Jesse James
8. Someday
9. Heavy Music

BACK in '72
1.Midnight Rider
2.Rosalie
3. Neon Sky
4.So I wrote You a Song
5.Turn the Page
6.I've Been Workin'
7.Stealer
8.Back in '72
9.I've Got Time

FORD
05-30-2005, 07:11 PM
Is that first album all cover tunes? Kinda looks like it. And all hippy/folk/deadhead stuff at that.

twonabomber
05-30-2005, 07:18 PM
it's Chevy commercials, not Ford. Ford hires country hicks for their ads.

rustoffa
05-30-2005, 08:18 PM
Beautiful Loser and Night Moves are pretty good records.

That Sunburst song is an underrated silver bullet anthem.

I've always heard he was a cuntplete maniac before he hit it big. Alot of those songs were a big part of the soundtrack of my adolescence.

Brilliant songwriter.

Terry
05-30-2005, 08:25 PM
Seger may not be a spring chicken anymore, but the guy is still hungry: have you seen the dude lately? He's gotta be closing in on 300lbs

Hardrock69
05-30-2005, 11:25 PM
I will not deny he is/was a great songwriter.

That said, if I NEVER hear his name again it will be too soon.

I hate his music, and wish I had never been exposed to it..

Big Fat Sammy
05-31-2005, 01:08 AM
Bob Seger annoys the piss out of me...and I usually can define my taste in music, describe just what it is I like or don't like, but with Bob I can't place it...maybe because it sounds like he's got a big chunk of coal in his throat.

Matt White
05-31-2005, 01:52 AM
EARLY BOB SEGER kicks ass. He had a smokin band that played every dive across the Mid-west.

Bo Diddley recently said that SEGER's version of "BO DIDDLEY" is the KEWLEST..next to the original!

"You can call me Lucifer"
"2+2 IS ON MY MIND"
"COME to PAPA"
"RAMBLIN' GAMBLIN' MAN"....................

Very Kewl & rockin!

Much like Mitch Rider.....just straight!:D

Big Fat Sammy
05-31-2005, 02:05 AM
I like Mitch Ryder....so I will check out the old stuff then. He used to play a club around here back in the day I heard.

Hardrock69
05-31-2005, 10:11 AM
I once knew his lead guitarist Dawayne Bailey, who went on to play in Chicago for many years....he used to come see me play once in awhile in the mid-80s.....

Nice guy, I still hate Bob Seeger music tho...

BITEYOASS
06-01-2005, 08:37 PM
WTF?!?! "Ramblin Gamblin' man" was not reissued?!?! I had that on LP until it was destroyed, the sad part is that I never got a chance to listen to it.:mad:

BITEYOASS
09-05-2005, 02:28 PM
I'm bumpin this thread back up because I just bought "Smokin O.P.'s" and it kicks ass! Bob's version of "Love the one you with" beats the shit out of the CSN version. Right now I'm looking on ebay to find out whether the "Smokin O.P.'s" version is different from the "Bob Seger & the last heard" version from 1966. I'm trying to find that 45 right now.