PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Everyone!

mattiew23m
05-30-2005, 03:12 PM
Hey guys, thanks! Its been a lot of fun.. =) Always kept me busy at work.. But a few bad apples, spoiled this shit for me. I know, most are gonna say, ehh don't worry about it, but i guess i'm a pussy.. I don't even feel like talkin vh right now. Anyway, take care everyone.. Everyone who won the contest, or if someone submits a new vid email me your address. All prizes will be sent out by june 2nd..

roth on

Happy Memorial Day, and Enjoy all the dlr summer shows!

DLRisGOD
05-30-2005, 03:23 PM
DLR would NEVER just give up and throw in the towel...

He'd dust himself off, take a swig of Jack Daniels and proceed to kick ass!

mattiew23m
05-30-2005, 03:25 PM
i know, but that shit is a bit extreme..

LoungeMachine
05-30-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by mattiew23m
i know, but that shit is a bit extreme..

A good-bye thread is indicitive of only one thing

ATTENTION WHORE

:rolleyes:

Considering your thread to post count ratio, it figures.

:cool:

=BROTH=

LoungeMachine
05-30-2005, 03:32 PM
extreme..

poor choice of words, btw :rolleyes:

DlocRoth
05-30-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
poor choice of words, btw :rolleyes:

That's it!!

Jesus, it's NUNO!! What up bro?!

:) :)

Northern Girl
05-30-2005, 03:36 PM
Mattie's just a very enthusiastic guy. Nothing wrong with that. No harm done.

See ya, Mattie! Take care. :)

LoungeMachine
05-30-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by DlocRoth
That's it!!

Jesus, it's NUNO!! What up bro?!

:) :)

:D ;) :D ;)

what up, bra?

Northern Girl
05-30-2005, 03:41 PM

Most of his threads were just about spreading the good word of CVH. :cool:

Nickdfresh
05-30-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Northern Girl
Mattie's just a very enthusiastic guy. Nothing wrong with that. No harm done.

See ya, Mattie! Take care. :)

He needs to take a deep breath and realize that he is not the first person that has ever had these great ideas...:rolleyes:

LOUNGE is right, baby-girl attention whore, he's not throwin' in the towel as much as he's throwin' in the tissue.:rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
05-30-2005, 03:49 PM
Most of his threads were just about spreading the good word of CVH. :cool:

Puh-leeze:rolleyes:

Preaching to a Choir who has sung these songs over and over and over...........

But I respect you taking the high road as usual, NG:cool:

I just hate the run-and-gun thread starting newbies who think they have all the answers, while we're all just sitting here dumbfounded:rolleyes:

THEY WILL REUNITE IF AND WHEN THEY'RE READY.

Not because some schmuck "rallied the troops"

=BROTH=

Northern Girl
05-30-2005, 03:49 PM
Shit you beat me to the post. I'll have to start over. :p

DlocRoth
05-30-2005, 03:53 PM
Yeah, you cant lump him and Jestercunt in the same pile.

Good kid, see ya in the rearview......

bueno bob
05-30-2005, 03:53 PM
I'll give him some credit, he had a lot of fire...granted, 90% of everything has been tried before, but you gotta hand it to the younger generation for keeping the fire burning...

He seemed like a good poster and a pretty nice guy.

LoungeMachine
05-30-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
I'll give him some credit, he had a lot of fire...granted, 90% of everything has been tried before, but you gotta hand it to the younger generation for keeping the fire burning...

He seemed like a good poster and a pretty nice guy.

I'll take BB's word on this, as I NEVER clicked on any of his thraeds 'til this one:D

23 damn:rolleyes:

I've got CORNS that are 23:D

Northern Girl
05-30-2005, 04:03 PM
I just hate the run-and-gun thread starting newbies who think they have all the answers, while we're all just sitting here dumbfounded.

I just say we shouldn't be insulted if some newbies come in with ideas that have been played over and over. He's just an excited, enthusiastic kid. You should see the email he sent me the first day he was here. LMAO. Yes, excited!!

Attention whores are all about themselves, and I didn't see that. At least he's talking VH. That beats most of the BS I see here. :rolleyes:

Rikk
05-30-2005, 04:09 PM
Nice kid, to be sure.

That said, I'm fucking tired of these LOOK AT ME threads, or threads where people seem to be hinting at a bigger message about the site just because they don't like what's happening.

If he doesn't have thick skin, then I guess he shouldn't post here.

54 threads?

Big Fat Sammy
05-30-2005, 04:11 PM
Attention whores are all about themselves, and I didn't see that. At least he's talking VH. That beats most of the BS I see here. :rolleyes:

I agree with you...I think he may just need a break for awhile! :)

Jérôme Frenchise
05-30-2005, 04:13 PM
I'll take BB's word on this, as I NEVER clicked on any of his thraeds 'til this one:D

Like everybody, I've noticed Matt's numerous threads. I agree with NG and BB, he was overwhelmed with enthusiasm, which is no "sin".

But we all have the same wish. So I understand LM's irritation. The new-kid-in-town thing can be a drag past a certain dose.

However, blaming over-motivated cool dudes while letting some jerks spoil the board like it was the case a few weeks ago may be a bit unfair.

Anyway, I don't know the reason why he leaves, but if he does because of criticism, shouldn't he just question himself a little?

spmusicplyr
05-30-2005, 04:13 PM
he reminds me of myself!

tired of the bullshit? buddy, you're not the only one.

i wont give up...i just wont chat much in BS threads...i made a stand a couple weeks ago, and now im done with all of the BS....

just roth on from there!

besides, i love the boots on this site and some of the threads actually serve a purpose.

without this site i wouldnt have known DLR was gonna be in san diego and i was fortunate to meet people from this site at the house of blues down there...this site is good for somethin!!

spmusicplyr
05-30-2005, 04:14 PM
funny because some of the people that dont like me have given me votes too!

diamondsgirl
05-30-2005, 04:15 PM
Too bad...he was cool

should have hung out at Natras though

getting drunk with us could have helped, couldn't hurt

Matti, no harm in changing your mind and coming back.

Roth on...

Rikk
05-30-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by spmusicplyr
funny because some of the people that dont like me have given me votes too!

Oh shut up. If you don't like the fucking site and think it's full of "BS", leave. Your girlfriend was thrown out. Why don't you follow her, pinhead? Sorry, but most of us don't take kindly to personal attacks outside of the site.

Big Fat Sammy
05-30-2005, 04:17 PM
It must have been the giant Hitch post in main that did it.

DrMaddVibe
05-30-2005, 04:25 PM
With all the lil' bitch ass Spammy lovers pervading the site he wants to run off?

FUCKIN' QUITTER!

You gonna take your ball too?

Fuck, I thought he was worth 1/2 a damn too.

Thorman
05-30-2005, 04:40 PM
Hey guys, thanks! Its been a lot of fun.. =) Always kept me busy at work.. But a few bad apples, spoiled this shit for me. I know, most are gonna say, ehh don't worry about it, but i guess i'm a pussy.. I don't even feel like talkin vh right now. Anyway, take care everyone.. Everyone who won the contest, or if someone submits a new vid email me your address. All prizes will be sent out by june 2nd..

roth on

See you back at the links dude...its been fun

BAM

Nickdfresh
05-30-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Thorman
See you back at the links dude...its been fun

BAM

So, how often do you post at the LINKS fag? less that 30 times at a "bi-HALEN" site, and you post your shit at a ROTH site about guy you can't even stand? I bet you jack-off to negative attention, eh boy? Stay at the LINKS WHOREMAN!

Rikk
05-30-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
So, how often do you post at the LINKS fag? less that 30 times at a "bi-HALEN" site, and you post your shit at a ROTH site? A guy you can't even stand. I bet you jack-off to negative attention, eh boy?

Someone jacking off to negative attention? Shit. We get none of those here.:rolleyes:

DLRisGOD
05-30-2005, 05:28 PM
Every thread I've read of matt's sounded pretty positive toward DLR/CVH, so I can't really say I have a problem with the guy or anything...Just disappointing to see a younger fan run off so easily...

Yeesh...I know it gets hectic online sometimes, but even if you were a little frustrated, "YOU COULDA FAKED IT,BOY! FAKED IT, BOY!!"http://www.ravensnest2.com/insiders/icons/doh.gif

Va Beach VH Fan
05-30-2005, 05:48 PM
Well, give the young man his props for being enthusiastic, he just went overboard, and he was preaching to a very SEASONED choir....

Let's face it, a lot of newcomers nowadays weren't even born when a good chunk of us first got into CVH....

If I could them any advice, it would be to NOT post for a few days after registering at the Army...

Take it all in, check out the diversity of all of the forums, get a good barometer of all of the fucked up personalities that we have here.... ;)

I think by doing that, and seeing what type of people regularly post here, they won't jump the gun and try to recreate the wheel, in terms of VH reunions anyway.... We've seen every trick in the VH book by now....

LoungeMachine said it best, they'll reunite if and when THEY'RE ready.... Emails and phone calls won't bring this foursome together, trust us on that one....

m_dixon1984
05-30-2005, 05:59 PM
He'll be back or he'll lurk. Once you get into this site you just can't let it go. I don't post much but I can't stand not keeping up-to-date. I missed out on too many DLR shows in the past and don't plan on missing any that come remotely close to Ottawa (yes, I may even tour down to Wilmington and Atlantic City for the June shows). If he's a fan he'll be back. There's nowhere else to go.

Loved your enthusiasm, Matt. I'll welcome you back anytime.

M

LoungeMachine
05-30-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by spmusicplyr

without this site i wouldnt have known DLR was gonna be in san diego

Really?

Never heard of www.pollstar.com ????

geez:cool:

LoungeMachine
05-30-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Well, give the young man his props for being enthusiastic, he just went overboard, and he was preaching to a very SEASONED choir....

Let's face it, a lot of newcomers nowadays weren't even born when a good chunk of us first got into CVH....

If I could them any advice, it would be to NOT post for a few days after registering at the Army...

Take it all in, check out the diversity of all of the forums, get a good barometer of all of the fucked up personalities that we have here.... ;)

I think by doing that, and seeing what type of people regularly post here, they won't jump the gun and try to recreate the wheel, in terms of VH reunions anyway.... We've seen every trick in the VH book by now....

LoungeMachine said it best, they'll reunite if and when THEY'RE ready.... Emails and phone calls won't bring this foursome together, trust us on that one....

Exactly:cool:

I'll even take Va"s point one step further.

Don't allow newbies to START a thread for 30 days, giving them time FIRST to get a read on the board.

And BAN all posters from being able to READ their own "Good Bye" threads:cool:

You knows he's hanging on every post:rolleyes:

[ oh please, someome beg me to stay, oh please, oh please....]

CAN'T STAND THE HEAT........GET THE FUCK OFF MY STAGE

=BROTH=

Ted Nugent
05-30-2005, 06:36 PM
This reminds me of a story from the Good Book. It`s sad to see someone make the ultimate sacrifice, only to be mocked by the mob. Farewell Mattiew! You will not be forgotten.

LoungeMachine
05-30-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Ted Nugent

It`s sad to see someone make the ultimate sacrifice, only to be mocked by the mob.

Ultimate Sacrifice?

Put down the Crack Pipe, Mr. " 2 fingers of Doom"

Leaving when the heat is on is NO SACRIFICE:rolleyes:

It's the PUSSY way out.

Ted Nugent
05-30-2005, 06:47 PM
Nah.. ok. Maybe a tad melodramatic there.

Anonymous
05-30-2005, 06:49 PM

You got a problem with 23 year olds... grandpa? :D

Cheers! :bottle:

rustoffa
05-30-2005, 07:03 PM
I'm all broken up about this. As a matter of fact, it's fucking ruined my rainy holiday.

Quitting is never the answer, just roll with the punches, or the changes as Kevin Cronin says. I've taken more than my share of beatings around this joint....it's the nature of the beast. It's never personal. Well, occasionally it is but who the fuck cares?

Just re-evaluate your mantra. Adapt.....overcome. Va and Lounge pretty much nailed it on different levels.

Stick around if you'd like.

Moving to Feedback.

Figs
05-30-2005, 09:02 PM
He's a little over enthusiastic, but a nice guy. Good to see a young'un into VH.

Anyway, has anyone who started a "goodbye thread" acrually left for good? I can't remember any....

Rikk
05-30-2005, 09:23 PM
Don't allow newbies to START a thread for 30 days, giving them time FIRST to get a read on the board.

Seriously one of the best ideas I've read at this board for ages. It would also kill a lot of alias crap.

Newbies also shouldn't be allowed to vote for 30 days.

LoungeMachine
05-30-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Figs

Anyway, has anyone who started a "goodbye thread" acrually left for good? I can't remember any....

Not by their own accord anyway........

*cough* GAR BANNED *cough*

Redballjets88
05-30-2005, 11:17 PM
actually i dont mind the "goodbye" threads bc whenever someone that is semi known around here leaves everyone is like "where the fuck did he/she go?" at least with this there is no wondering....plus i like matt he is a good guy im sad to see him go and that all the bs got to him...but shit happens...hopefully he comes back sometime

DlocRoth
05-30-2005, 11:31 PM
LOL...

He did use alot of exclamation points...

stilleddiesangel
05-31-2005, 08:47 AM
Kinda sad to see. I agree with the idea of a probation period where you have to wait before posting. The same ideas/arguments revolve over and over at most Roth/VH boards. Also a use of the search facility might help too, to see what topic has been discussed to exhaustion already.

Golden AWe
05-31-2005, 09:56 AM
A good-bye thread is indicitive of only one thing

ATTENTION WHORE

=BROTH=

exactly!

Warham
05-31-2005, 05:11 PM
Who? What? Where?

Bill Lumbergh
05-31-2005, 11:24 PM

roth on

You're still here. Another goodbye thread where the poster doesnt actually leave...........shocking!

ZahZoo
06-01-2005, 10:43 AM
From one old fart to all the other old fucks around here... Chill on the kids!! They don't have the barnicles and crusty old synicism. It's easy to just grumble and say shutup kid already done that... but hey these young fuckers have strong backs and young beligerant enthusiasm, they're full os piss and hormones... tap that shit!! Don't beat em down. Let them carry the heavy stuff and while they're working hard for us, us old guys can hit on their woman... think boys!!

DLR7884
06-01-2005, 03:05 PM
Hey guys, thanks! Its been a lot of fun.. =) Always kept me busy at work.. But a few bad apples, spoiled this shit for me. I know, most are gonna say, ehh don't worry about it, but i guess i'm a pussy.. I don't even feel like talkin vh right now. Anyway, take care everyone..

I thought he was leaving?

He sure has been lurking in MAIN for a while today.

DLR7884
Predictable....

Nickdfresh
06-02-2005, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by ZahZoo
From one old fart to all the other old fucks around here... Chill on the kids!! They don't have the barnicles and crusty old synicism. It's easy to just grumble and say shutup kid already done that... but hey these young fuckers have strong backs and young beligerant enthusiasm, they're full os piss and hormones... tap that shit!! Don't beat em down. Let them carry the heavy stuff and while they're working hard for us, us old guys can hit on their woman... think boys!!

Yes, but they can also be as annoying-as-shit attention whores that hijack, and ruin, threads. I mean any guy that has more threads started than actual posts should be banned right-off.

ZahZoo
06-02-2005, 06:15 PM
Very true Nick... although I seem to remember a young kid getting his 1st assignment in the Sheep pen posting it up like a kid in a candy store!!

Redballjets88
06-02-2005, 06:22 PM
5 stars 4 ya zahzoo

Big Troubles
06-06-2005, 08:25 PM
LMAO! Good Bye threads are for fags. :D

Big Troubles
06-06-2005, 08:26 PM
Hell I think even Pana said bye once. wittle Mattie will be here tommorow at the same time saying "hello". The Army just sucks ya back in.

tydhurst
07-04-2005, 10:33 PM
why is he leaving?

Panamark
07-05-2005, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
Hell I think even Pana said bye once.

Hitch posted one every week, I was curious what it felt like ! :D

Panamark
07-05-2005, 04:05 AM
Its overrated !

Nickdfresh
07-05-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by ZahZoo
Very true Nick... although I seem to remember a young kid getting his 1st assignment in the Sheep pen posting it up like a kid in a candy store!!
:D