PDA

View Full Version : Who's the better guitarist steve via or eddie van halen?

mhsWR210
05-31-2005, 01:50 PM
Whos better?

DrMaddVibe
05-31-2005, 03:12 PM
Now?

In their prime?

Define better?

Redballjets88
05-31-2005, 03:15 PM
vai better in both prima and now....this thread has been done 100000000000008654 times

DLR7884
05-31-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
vai better in both prima and now....this thread has been done 100000000000008654 times

And, its in the wrong fucking forum.

DLR7884
Good job!

Don Corleone
05-31-2005, 03:37 PM
moving it

Dave's Bitch
06-01-2005, 05:04 PM
EDDIE VAN HALEN

MK5150
06-01-2005, 05:06 PM
Eddie Van Halen

hollywood5150
06-01-2005, 05:08 PM
EVH of course...............listen to the FUCKING bootlegs....the LIVE shit

steve is damn good..........but eddie fucking rules...........granted he is an idiot........an alcoholic..........an a money hungry fuckhead.....

BUT he is the best at what he does...........the proof is in the pudding..

TASTE IT!

zeronumber
06-01-2005, 11:12 PM
Steve Vai

lethality
06-02-2005, 05:40 AM
I don't really agree with comparing great guitar legends but it's too
interesting to ignore discussion.
Stevie Vai is one of the living greats. He can make my emotions rock steady or make them float like angels when listening to his music.
He's made his name as a solo artist but he could easily fit it any classical or heavy or high tech group of his choice.
Eddie is always mentioned when talking about Van Halen and 80's rock. Along with Slash of Gunners fame, they were the most sought after guitarists from artists wanting a big hit song.
But...who is the best?
Well, I love to sing Halen songs. With those great songs comes Eddies rocking guitar sounds. Love it! So on that basis alone Eddie is better......just.:p :p

EdwardVanHalen1
06-02-2005, 10:13 AM
EVH

DR CHIP
06-02-2005, 08:50 PM
Vai...

Ed can't even play Unchained....

Seshmeister
06-02-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by DR CHIP
Vai...

Hey!

Look who the cat dragged in...

I thought you were away to become a superstar or something...:)

zeronumber
06-03-2005, 12:14 PM
I said Vai mostly because Vai showed me that anything Eddie can do, Vai could do better.

Plus, I had the privilage of seeing Vai in concert, and I was blown away by his skill.

The only difference between Ed and Vai, is that ed did better guitar work with Dave...
Vai...that's another story.

Soul Reaper
06-03-2005, 12:21 PM
never heard of steve via.

steve vai...yes, steve via...no

Matt White
06-03-2005, 09:47 PM
EVH

Vai is a Mongolian String Bender.

Nothing against Mongolians!:D

bobgnote
06-08-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by DR CHIP
Vai...

What did I tell you? You don't get to have more CVH. Not even if Jesus somehow is reborn AND turns dirt to DOUCHE.

Ed can't play! He goes around not even having 'his' major grungies together. Then, he might want to learn to play all the way, just ONE guitar, but that never worked for Ed, so here's SAMMY.

SAMMY is probably a better guitarist than Ed and Vai put together. He just never had the connection to ripoff the better riffs at Warner, UNTIL HE GOT INTO THE VH GROUP. The best unlawful but good-sounding rips from the 1970s got assigned to Van Halen, Stones, Zeppelin. Zep started duping what I know in 1971, so at least six tracks are fake in LZIV, and more, for the rest of their recording career.

No wonder when Charly Bronson wanted a soundtrack, and he signed Jimmy Page for Death Wish IV, Page did zilch and burned their budget. Page was a deadhead the whole time. Get into GIRLS!

As for SAMMY, he can play a lot of material, right through, leading the band, where Ed the faker just poops along, jerking off. Ed needs Sammy. We don't, but from neatly reading the trollers on this forum, who could tell this is a DLR site?

What part of sounding good does this guy Vai ever do? He ain't even a major Steve. How you guys get into THAT undermines CVH demand.

Get guilty and DIE. Heard of Lowell George? SS, DD, only gayer. Red-haired dreamer, huh? LUCY, I'm HOME. When the Dixie Chicks do Earl who needs an operation to be a GIRL, I like their Feat-treatment. They know the history, they play GREAT, everytime, and they don't overly respect Little Feat, Warner, or pumped-up fakes, like Ed, Slash, Vai, whoever. Banjo, fiddle, and accoustic ain't rock axe, though.

ransonjames
06-30-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by bobgnote
What did I tell you? You don't get to have more CVH. Not even if Jesus somehow is reborn AND turns dirt to DOUCHE.

Ed can't play! He goes around not even having 'his' major grungies together. Then, he might want to learn to play all the way, just ONE guitar, but that never worked for Ed, so here's SAMMY.

SAMMY is probably a better guitarist than Ed and Vai put together. He just never had the connection to ripoff the better riffs at Warner, UNTIL HE GOT INTO THE VH GROUP. The best unlawful but good-sounding rips from the 1970s got assigned to Van Halen, Stones, Zeppelin. Zep started duping what I know in 1971, so at least six tracks are fake in LZIV, and more, for the rest of their recording career.

No wonder when Charly Bronson wanted a soundtrack, and he signed Jimmy Page for Death Wish IV, Page did zilch and burned their budget. Page was a deadhead the whole time. Get into GIRLS!

As for SAMMY, he can play a lot of material, right through, leading the band, where Ed the faker just poops along, jerking off. Ed needs Sammy. We don't, but from neatly reading the trollers on this forum, who could tell this is a DLR site?

What part of sounding good does this guy Vai ever do? He ain't even a major Steve. How you guys get into THAT undermines CVH demand.

Get guilty and DIE. Heard of Lowell George? SS, DD, only gayer. Red-haired dreamer, huh? LUCY, I'm HOME. When the Dixie Chicks do Earl who needs an operation to be a GIRL, I like their Feat-treatment. They know the history, they play GREAT, everytime, and they don't overly respect Little Feat, Warner, or pumped-up fakes, like Ed, Slash, Vai, whoever. Banjo, fiddle, and accoustic ain't rock axe, though.

don't think i understood a word of that

Big Fat Sammy
06-30-2005, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by hollywood5150
EVH of course...............listen to the FUCKING bootlegs....the LIVE shit

steve is damn good..........but eddie fucking rules...........granted he is an idiot........an alcoholic..........an a money hungry fuckhead.....

BUT he is the best at what he does...........the proof is in the pudding..

TASTE IT!

The proof is in the bootlegs.

Anything that Ed could do Vai could....but Ed HAD THE TONE...and USED to play very in the moment...

Seshmeister
07-01-2005, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
never heard of steve via.

steve vai...yes, steve via...no

That's about the third time I've seen his name spelt like that here.

How difficult is it to spell, it's only three fucking letters for fuck sake...:)

Hoongood
07-01-2005, 07:19 AM
Vai is by far the better player technically in any era. In the last 20 years, Vai has been infinitely better.

But if you consider innovation and influence on music and the way the instrument is played, Edward is the greatest of all time.

Vai plays it better, but Edward took it to a higher level.

flappo
07-01-2005, 08:59 AM
satriani is a better fucking guitarist than vai , he should be , he taught him

eddie is still numero uno as he invented most of the stuff that vai just plagiarised

vai's overrated and boring , jeff beck kicks his fucking ass

Last_Child
07-01-2005, 10:30 AM
Eddie.