PDA

View Full Version : Just Wondering...

bueno bob
05-31-2005, 01:51 PM
If there'd be any interest from anyone here in reading a story I wrote a few years back? I'd have to spread it out over several threads, it's in 5 different parts (more or less, they're short stories but they all form a cohesive whole).

I need another week or so to get everything transcribed onto word, but I wondered if anybody's interested in reading it...more or less, it's a love story, a sex story, a horror story and a comedy all rolled up in a Dungeons and Dragons like setting...starring the one and only Bueno Bob and a couple of his old friends.

Basically I just wondered if anyone would be interested in reading it (and also give the Ally and/or Flappo an opportunity to shoot me down if they don't want me junking up the forum with a lot of my writing).

Anyway...

canadiandlrgirl
05-31-2005, 09:58 PM
sounds interesting bob i'd love to here your story :)

SweetSecrets
05-31-2005, 10:11 PM
Me too!

I'm a Zeppeliny kind of girl who likes to write too!

I'll read it if I have time between all my grad class readings.

diamondsgirl
05-31-2005, 10:15 PM
I love stories! :)

Rikk
05-31-2005, 10:25 PM
Post it, brother. Sounds fun. You are a good writer (as your description of your day being stalked in the wilderness proved).:)

fryingdutchman
05-31-2005, 10:31 PM
Bring it on, Bob.

smaz
06-01-2005, 06:38 AM
Post it, even if we're not interested.

Last_Child
06-01-2005, 07:47 AM
Post It!

EbDawson
06-01-2005, 09:06 AM
Any Hooters?

DaLeeRo
06-01-2005, 09:22 AM
I can tell you a story... hear it comes....

It was my thirteenth year on cold winter's day, as I walked through the enchanted forest, I heard the sound of horses and men at arms. I felt compelled to walk on and find the place of these sounds. And when the forest did clear I was standing on a hill. Before me the armies of the world, standing, waiting. I thought to myself, for whom or for they are waiting?
Suddenly a gust of wind came up from the north. There appeared a lone rider, holding a sword of steel. Then from the south came another, bearing a battle ax. From the east came a third, holding a spiked club. And finally, from the west, a rider who wielded a great hammer of war. With them came their soldiers of death, followed by an army of immortals. They were few in number, but the look in their eyes told all who beheld them that they would leave this day only in victory or death, and there was a great silence.....

My heart began to pound, storm clouds filled the sky with darkness. Rain came, and the four winds blew with such anger that I held fast to a tree. I watched the four riders raise their weapons into the air. Without warning, screaming their war cry they led the attack. Down to the battle they rode. They met the armies of the world with a mighty clash! I could feel the ground shake, the earth drank much blood that day! Each of the four, was unto himself, a whirlwind of doom!!!!!!!!

When the smoke did clear, many thousands were dead. There was much blood and gore. Their bodies lay broken and scattered across the battlefield, like brown leaves blown by the wind. And I saw the four ride together to the top of the hill. While below them the soldiers of death assembled. All those who would now swear allegiance to them.

And the four spoke the words of the Warriors Prayer:

GODS OF WAR I CALL YO. MY SWORD IS BY MY SIDE
I SEEK A LIFE OF HONOR, FREE FROM ALL FALSE PRIDE
I WILL CRACK THE WHIP WITH A BOLD MIGHTY HAIL.
COVER ME WITH DEATH IF I SHOULD EVER FAIL.
GLORY, MAJESTY, UNITY
HAIL, HAIL, HAIL

And as I stood and looked on, I heard the armies of the world hail them withouth end, and their voices of victory carried long and far throughout the land!

Warham
06-01-2005, 09:41 AM
I'd love to read your stellar writings, Bob.

bueno bob
06-01-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by EbDawson
Any Hooters?

Obviously... ;)

bueno bob
06-01-2005, 10:53 AM
OK, then! Give me about a week or so to get it all transcribed onto word and I'll put it up here. I think you guys'll like it - it's mostly just funny, but there's some cool sex and violence too...and it pulls a bit at the heartstrings in places...

Jérôme Frenchise
06-01-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
OK, then! Give me about a week or so to get it all transcribed onto word and I'll put it up here. I think you guys'll like it - it's mostly just funny, but there's some cool sex and violence too...and it pulls a bit at the heartstrings in places...

Cheers bro! Can't wait! Thanks to Rikk, I remember your epic :D in the middle of nowhere... You wrote so well that I could picture everything. You should release your works! It's really worth it. Listen to us! :)

bueno bob
06-01-2005, 04:53 PM
Well...I have actually had some minor publishing success in years back...I would love to write a full length novel, but I just don't have ideas... :(

Shaun Ponsonby
06-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Well, whilst we are on the subject of story writing, I am quite proud of my English Creative Writing piece. I had to cut it down from around 50, maybe 60 pages to 3 or 4, which broke my heart, but I couldn't submit the 50-60 page one, but it was a masterpiece.

Basically, its the story of a 1970s Rock band from Birmingham (UK)-the worst band in the world. They met at a popular British Holiday Park chain called 'Haven', and had great hair.

Sadly, the short 'story' no longer has the effect it originally had. I didn't keep a copy of the original either, so all that exists is the edited version.

Still, if you are interested...