PDA

View Full Version : when did you buy your CVH/Roth albums?

bigc
05-31-2005, 06:29 PM
i thought it would be interesting to see just how long, or not(in my case) some of you lot have been fans.

here's my "resume"

1984-February 2004
Eat 'Em And Smile-April 2004
Van Halen- August 2004
Van Halen 2 "
Diver Down "
Fair Warning "
Women and Children First "
Skyscraper
A Little Aint Enough- October 2004
Your Filthy Little Mouth- "

Logic behind this order. I got BOV1 in September 2003,which satisified the then casual fan within me(well,half the tracks). Then I wasnt sure what album to get next, so I went for 1984. I wanted 1 DLR solo CD to see what he sounded like minus Van Halen. I got the majority in August 2004 because I was working therefore wanting to spend my money on something with class,and it was summer, and summer=Van Halen!

I got the last 2 in October cos I had to get them off ebay cos they are scarce in this country.

mentalpancake
05-31-2005, 07:12 PM
I didn't buy my VH CDs because my dad has had them basically since before I was born so I was lucky enough to have them already, though I only started listening to them last July. It's nice to have a dad whose favorite band is Van Halen.:D

bigc
05-31-2005, 07:47 PM
ahhh yeah.

My dad was more of a rolling stones, the doors,bob dylan side of the tracks type guy.

my mum more pink floyd,queen, the jam,genesis(with peter gabriel)

so the Van Halen aspect was a complelety original thing of mine. None/if any of my friends had heard of them when i first started talking about them just around 2 years ago. For awhile I was known for liking Van Halen.

I'm trying to convince the masses of its merits. I'm getting there, the awareness seems to be skyrocketing:)

ALMOSTsaved
05-31-2005, 07:56 PM
In June of 1981 I was given a copy of "Van Halen" and "Van Halen II" on vinyl. I listened to "VH II" over and over without really giving the debut album a chance for several weeks. Once I did, I was fanatically hooked. I was 11 years old.

Soon after that I bought "Fair Warning" on cassette. Followed by "VH" and "VH II." (Remember Walkmans were the craze!) On September 5th of that year I saw Van Halen LIVE in Biloxi, MS. It was mindblowing. About a week later I purchased "Women And Children First" and at the time my collection was complete.

The following year "Diver Down" was released and I bought it immediately and saw them again in Biloxi, MS on July 24, 1982.

I bought 1984 the day it came out. Saw the band perform again in Biloxi on January 28, 1984.

I bought all the Dave solo albums the day they came out. Although I do not own "DLR Band" or "Diamond Dave."

Redballjets88
05-31-2005, 08:05 PM
vh1 xmas 2 years ago
vh 2 wacf dd fw 1984 all within past 5 months
skyscraper november 2004
diamond dave january
eeas 4 weeks ago
cfth 2 weeks ago

NATEDOG001976
05-31-2005, 08:07 PM
I bought pretty much all my classic VH & Roth Cd's when I was 14, in 1990. Then a bought the re-masters when they came out.

DavidLeeNatra
06-01-2005, 05:00 AM
great to have all the youngsters on board! CVH next generation...

I started in 1981 with FW and got all my albums by the days they were released from then on (same with dave's solo albums)...except from 5150 which I didn't buy but listened to once (my friend got it) and that was the last time I was interested in anything the sisters did with hagar...

bedrockboy
06-02-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by bigc
i thought it would be interesting to see just how long, or not(in my case) some of you lot have been fans.

here's my "resume"

1984-February 2004
Eat 'Em And Smile-April 2004
Van Halen- August 2004
Van Halen 2 "
Diver Down "
Fair Warning "
Women and Children First "
Skyscraper
A Little Aint Enough- October 2004
Your Filthy Little Mouth- "

Logic behind this order. I got BOV1 in September 2003,which satisified the then casual fan within me(well,half the tracks). Then I wasnt sure what album to get next, so I went for 1984. I wanted 1 DLR solo CD to see what he sounded like minus Van Halen. I got the majority in August 2004 because I was working therefore wanting to spend my money on something with class,and it was summer, and summer=Van Halen!

I got the last 2 in October cos I had to get them off ebay cos they are scarce in this country.

I got 1984 for my 10th birthday in march of 84. I picked up the rest of the catalogue over the next year or so.

Bought all the Dave solo albums/tape/cds the week they came out except for Diamond Dave which I picked up in Vegas last year.

zeronumber
06-18-2005, 11:31 PM
My dad bought most of the CVH cd's I have, so, I can't say when he bought it(I don't think he remembers exactly)...so

VH - IDK
VH2- IDK
Fair warning - IDK
1984 - IDK

Though, as a completits, I bought WACF and Diver down last year...My dad told me not to waste my money, because he said those albulms were shit...He was half right anyway...They didn't suck, but they weren't the best from CVH either.

DeadOrAlive
06-19-2005, 07:00 PM
I've listened to them all my life, but actually really got into them around 2 years ago... and yeah I bought the six pack at seperate times (like two weeks from each other) in 02 and 03... And I got CFTH and Sky Scraper on Christmas this year... I had Diamond Dave and DLR's greatest hits since Christmas last year...

Terry
06-19-2005, 08:14 PM
6 pack albums were all bought on vinyl around the time when they were first released.

Around 1985, got rid of my stereo and just had a boombox and Walkman, so rebought all the VH on cassettes. Pretty much was just doing cassettes until the mid 1990s, at which point I finally switched over to CDs. When DLR abdn came out, I picked that up on CD, then started repurchasing all the CVH and Roth solo stuff on CD over the next several years.

superdave
06-19-2005, 08:15 PM
the first day that they were available

rustoffa
06-19-2005, 08:29 PM
I bought VHII at the SEARS in Jacksonville, Fla. like a week after it came out. I still have that one. Album-wise, that's all I got. The other 5 just showed up and disappeared over the years. Out of the other 5, I spent too much money replacing Fair Warning @ a record show. I paid pretty much fair market on the other three.

To the meatball sandwich-eating, dungeons & dragons dipshit that got an extra 10 bucks in the closing minutes of the great Atlanta record show:

Fuck you, I gave you the money 'cause I didn't want to look at your dog, or companion, or whateverthefuck that was anymore.