PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had laser eye surgery.

guwapo_rocker
06-01-2005, 11:38 AM
I'm thinking of having it done because I am sick of wearing

contacts.

Anyone else have it done?

bueno bob
06-01-2005, 11:43 AM
I haven't, but my Grandmother had it done a few years back and she RAVED about the results - her words: "If you ever know of anybody who needs eye surgery for anything, tell them to GET IT! They know what they're doing and they're great and I can see perfectly now" and so forth...and it wasn't like my Grandmother to just rave on about anything at all, so I'd guess she was very happy with her results.

DLR7884
06-01-2005, 11:47 AM
I'd love to get it done, but I've heard that it only lasts about 10 years and you have to keep getting it done.

I'll probably wait on getting it until the price of the surgery drops even more than it already has.

DLR7884
Is it true about the 10 year thing?

bueno bob
06-01-2005, 11:50 AM
I don't know...my Grandmother got it done around '88 or so, but she passed away in '98, and at that point, her eyesight was pretty much the least of her problems, so...if it needed to be redone, she never told me about it...

guwapo_rocker
06-01-2005, 11:57 AM
Hmmm, I don't know about the 10 year thing, something

I will have to inquire about.

Jano
06-01-2005, 12:53 PM
Good question Guwapo,i'll love to get mine done also!
Few of my friend got it done and they 're very happy with it but it's expensive to do it in France!

academic punk
06-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
I'd love to get it done, but I've heard that it only lasts about 10 years and you have to keep getting it done.

I'll probably wait on getting it until the price of the surgery drops even more than it already has.

DLR7884
Is it true about the 10 year thing?

It lasts ten years because as we age (and approach our forties, so for you, it would be ten years) our eye-sight turns from myopic to far-sighted (hence, older people have bi-focals, because each eye re-focuses at a differednt rate, if at all). I'm 85% sure that they have a surgery to recorrect that as well at this point.

Haven't had it done, but everyone I know who has is very happy with it.

Mezro
06-01-2005, 04:17 PM
My brother had it done about a year ago and was happy with it.

Mezro...the only problem he had was some night vision distortion that went away after a few weeks...

guwapo_rocker
06-01-2005, 05:28 PM
Thanks everyone.

hollywood5150
06-01-2005, 05:31 PM
a couple of my friends have............they seem alright.........not a problem yet..........and this was five years ago.......

so if your asking if you should get your done..........why not....... do some research in your area.........ask who has been around the longest and mee with that fucker.........

if you feel comfortable then do it

The Scatologist
06-01-2005, 07:38 PM
Hell yeah dude, Laser eye surgery kicks ass.

I love to shoot lasers from my eye at people man. People don't fuck wit me now cause if dey fuck wit me, they get a hole burned through their head!

Shaun Ponsonby
06-01-2005, 07:52 PM
Just do what I do and wear perscription sunglasses.

ThrillsNSpills
06-02-2005, 10:46 AM
I will perform eye surgery .

I got an exacto knife and a pair of plyers.

Dr. Larry and Dr. Curly are in charge of anesthetic.

Disgruntled patients have had their vocal chords removed free of charge.

So far no complaints. (I had to show one of the patients where the door was afterwards)

I will reshape your cornea using my patented trial and error mallet technique.

I dropped an eyeball once and it bounced like a superball out the window. I replaced it with a marble and noone knew the difference. :cool:

Redballjets88
06-02-2005, 10:51 AM
dr. howard dr. fone dr. howard....i love that one

Redballjets88
06-02-2005, 10:51 AM
fine*****

WACF
06-03-2005, 11:42 AM
I had it done in '98...I am still better than 20/20.

No regrets.

The only reason for your eyesight to degrade over time like already stated is the fact you are ageing...nothing else.

I would recomend you shop around and make sure you go to someone that is very reputable.
I remember being told that some places that were cheaper did not use equipment that was as advanced as the more established places.

I used Gimbal(spelling?).
Well know across western Canada...maybe the east too?
The doctor that did mine actually split his time between Saskatoon and Calgary.

MONEY WELL SPENT!