PDA

View Full Version : Roger Clemens to...THE RANGERS????

POJO_Risin
06-01-2005, 07:07 PM
I know it's going to cost a lot because of the trade clause in his contract which bumps his salary up considerably if there's a deal...the new team would have to foot a hefty 10 million dollars or so for half a year...

but would Roger consider this?

Texas is playing well...has decent pitching but it looking for an ace...

and he stays home...

and Texas has more prospects than both the Yankees and the Red Sox...

Hmmmm....

and Texas HAS the money...

twonabomber
06-01-2005, 07:32 PM
is John Hart turning the Rangers into this decade's Indians success story?

POJO_Risin
06-01-2005, 07:40 PM
Yeah...until his shitty pitching blows up in his face...

hmmmmm.......

VH LINKS SUCKS
06-01-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
I know it's going to cost a lot because of the trade clause in his contract which bumps his salary up considerably if there's a deal...the new team would have to foot a hefty 10 million dollars or so for half a year...

but would Roger consider this?

Texas is playing well...has decent pitching but it looking for an ace...

and he stays home...

and Texas has more prospects than both the Yankees and the Red Sox...

Hmmmm....

and Texas HAS the money...

The Rangers? Never happen!

The way Houston is going to continue to diminish as the season goes on, look for Roger to go to either the Yankees or the Red Sox and a longshot is Toronto from what the papers are saying here...

POJO_Risin
06-01-2005, 07:48 PM
Toronto doesn't have the money...

Texas does...

He'll end up in Texas before he ends up in Toronto?

WHY????

He didn't want to sign with Toronto in the first place because he didn't want his kids to goto Canadian schools...

no way...even for a few months...does Roger agree to goto fucking Toronto...who...let's face it...doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of doing anything...

McLane will deal Rocket to where he wants to go...and I think he'd want to stay in Texas.

Everyone's saying NY and Boston...

I just don't see either...they don't have the players to do it...make the trade...

VH LINKS SUCKS
06-01-2005, 08:04 PM
Toronto doesn't have the money...

Texas does...

He'll end up in Texas before he ends up in Toronto?

WHY????

He didn't want to sign with Toronto in the first place because he didn't want his kids to goto Canadian schools...

no way...even for a few months...does Roger agree to goto fucking Toronto...who...let's face it...doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of doing anything...

McLane will deal Rocket to where he wants to go...and I think he'd want to stay in Texas.

Everyone's saying NY and Boston...

I just don't see either...they don't have the players to do it...make the trade...

Well the Toronto paper (for obvious reasons) is saying Ted Rogers (who does have the money) may be willing to dish out the money for a team that hasn't been to the world series in over 12 years so why not now?

And Clemens not wanting his kids to go to a Canadian school? You must be thinking of Antonio Davis who bitched about that the whole time he was in Toronto and got ripped for it in the media. Roger loved the city of Toronto and always had nice things to say about the Jays management...

Bottom line is who will have the best chance to win the World Series? Toronto a longshot and that leaves most likely the teams willing to spend the cash come pennant time.

Yanks and Red Sox.

Considering how Roger was treated on his way out of Boston? Unlikely to sign there.

So a return to New York? I agree that basically with all the prospects New York has given up and how depleted Boston's bullpen is, forget them.

But if New York has a better chance giving Houston what they want, Roger may once again end his career as a Yankee, again. Here's hoping!

POJO_Risin
06-01-2005, 08:21 PM
Toronto needs a hell of a lot more than fucking Clemens...

I'm not thinking of Antonio Davis...and I'm not saying Clemens ripped the city or the management...what I am saying is that HE'S NOT GOING TO MOVE HIS FAMILY TO CANADA...at this point...

His family is staying in Texas...

It's not just about the cash with Clemens and McLane...Drayton won't deal Clemens unless he can make out in the deal in the press...so he's most likely not to deal him...

Clemens would be welcomed back by the fans of Boston in NE...and...the management is different in Boston then when he left...I doubt that would stop him from going there.

As far as NY...they obviously have the cash...but they DON'T have the players that could give McLane a win in the deal...but are always a possibility...

Texas (WHICH WAS MENTIONED AS A LEADING CONTENDER IN A TORONTO NEWSPAPER TODAY) has both the money...the prospects...and the STATE to entice Clemens TO want to be dealt...

We'll see...

my bet?

He stays in Houston...

Redballjets88
06-01-2005, 08:28 PM
yeah texas needs relievers more than starters but id be glad to have roger on my team....i need to go to a ranger game soon

POJO_Risin
06-01-2005, 08:31 PM
Texas has the appearance of not needing a starter right now...but I just don't think Kenny Rogers, Cliff young, Pedro Astacio, Chan Ho Park, and Bob Dylan are the answers as far as starters...

Redballjets88
06-01-2005, 08:33 PM
yeah but the relievers are 25th in the league and have an era over 5 wihile the starters are 4th

POJO_Risin
06-01-2005, 08:39 PM
Right now they are 4th...I'm thinking long term...

stats are a wonderful thing...but I don't think there are ANY baseball people that think that staff is going to last...they are WAY over their head...

POJO_Risin
06-01-2005, 08:40 PM
I agree they need relief pitchers...but when it's all said and done...I think they'll be 3 good starters short...as well as relievers...

Redballjets88
06-01-2005, 08:41 PM
rodgers didnt fall off too much last year but yeah the rangers have never been known for pitching.....with clemens starting the rotations and then rodgers next it would be the ultimate old man 1-2 punch

Redballjets88
06-01-2005, 08:41 PM
i dont get it lasy year the relief was stellar

VH LINKS SUCKS
06-01-2005, 08:42 PM
Toronto needs a hell of a lot more than fucking Clemens...

I'm not thinking of Antonio Davis...and I'm not saying Clemens ripped the city or the management...what I am saying is that HE'S NOT GOING TO MOVE HIS FAMILY TO CANADA...at this point...

His family is staying in Texas...

It's not just about the cash with Clemens and McLane...Drayton won't deal Clemens unless he can make out in the deal in the press...so he's most likely not to deal him...

Clemens would be welcomed back by the fans of Boston in NE...and...the management is different in Boston then when he left...I doubt that would stop him from going there.

As far as NY...they obviously have the cash...but they DON'T have the players that could give McLane a win in the deal...but are always a possibility...

Texas (WHICH WAS MENTIONED AS A LEADING CONTENDER IN A TORONTO NEWSPAPER TODAY) has both the money...the prospects...and the STATE to entice Clemens TO want to be dealt...

We'll see...

my bet?

He stays in Houston...

Oh no doubt Clemens has no intention of moving his family anywhere but as a "rent a player" for the plaoff run he wouldn't need to.

Antonio Davis was a pussy and the city of Toronto was happy to see his ass out of town!

Then again thinking about it over, Clemens did have falling out with the Boston Red Sox and would never think of pitching there again according to his sources. Too much bad blood there and Roger has too much respect for George Steinbrenner to back stab him like that and play for Boston, unlike guys like David Wells who the Yankees didn't want this year anyway and is a douche. That's another story though...

I think Roger stays in Houston or ends up a Yankee.

POJO_Risin
06-01-2005, 08:46 PM
Clemens had a falling out with the old ownership group...

for every group of "HIS SOURCES" that we can find that say no to Boston...we can find an equal amount that say yes...

The only named sources...his agent...his friends...state that Rocket wants to stay in Houston with his family...

and Clemens would never consider himself a rent a player...

why don't you think he'd goto Texas...

Awesome offense...decent starters...more than likely more than enough to carry that division...and a chance to goto the playoffs in his homestate...

Va Beach VH Fan
06-01-2005, 09:10 PM
I think he's staying in Houston, regardless of the Astros' record at the deadline...

The guy specifically went to Houston to be with his family, watch his sons play ball, etc....

Redballjets88
06-01-2005, 09:11 PM
its only a 4 hour move

POJO_Risin
06-01-2005, 09:16 PM
If he went to Texas...he'd probably spend most of his time in Houston with his family...until his game day...or the day before...

superdave
06-01-2005, 09:18 PM
He probably will end up in Texas (makes the most sense), but I still want to see someone bean him, and a BAD beaning at that....

POJO_Risin
06-01-2005, 09:30 PM
Ah fuck that...maybe a Piazza tackle...

but christ...if Piazza tackled him...he'd probably be trying to fuck him...

POJO_Risin
06-01-2005, 09:32 PM
Not saying Piazza is gay or anything...

but Piazza is gay...

Va Beach VH Fan
06-01-2005, 09:32 PM
but christ...if Piazza tackled him...he'd probably be trying to fuck him...

Oh Christ, here we go again...

Piazza and Jeff Garcia, flaming homos... ;)

POJO_Risin
06-01-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Oh Christ, here we go again...

Piazza and Jeff Garcia, flaming homos... ;)

Huh?

I haven't heard any of that before?

are they dating?

Redballjets88
06-01-2005, 09:35 PM
piazza vs clemens would be nolan ryan vs robin ventura all over again

POJO_Risin
06-01-2005, 09:38 PM
'cept both Piazza and Clemens are hall of famers...

ventura is just an crossedout HRinto single footnote...

but damn if he didn't bust up Nolan...

POJO_Risin
06-01-2005, 09:40 PM
The fight...

http://www.dallasnews.com/img/photo/08-02/Loper_sports.jpg

POJO_Risin
06-01-2005, 09:42 PM
the results...

http://images.sportsnetwork.com/misc/prizes/steiner/ryan_nolan_blood_photo.jpg

Redballjets88
06-01-2005, 09:44 PM
no the 2nd pic is from when he got hit by a batter by the ball

nolan raped ventura

POJO_Risin
06-01-2005, 09:46 PM
The initial beaning...

http://www.gothamist.com/sports/images/2004_07_sclempiaz.jpg

POJO_Risin
06-01-2005, 09:48 PM
knocked his ass out...

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/mlb/2000/0708/photo/a_piazza1.jpg

POJO_Risin
06-01-2005, 09:50 PM
then the bat throwing...blah..blah...blah...sick of looking for pictures...

Redballjets88
06-01-2005, 09:52 PM
who wouldnt be knocked out from that man it would suck to be him

POJO_Risin
06-01-2005, 09:55 PM
High heat from the rocket...he's lucky to be alive...

Redballjets88
06-01-2005, 09:56 PM
yeah he was nursed back to health by mr. slave

VH LINKS SUCKS
06-01-2005, 10:10 PM
Clemens had a falling out with the old ownership group...

for every group of "HIS SOURCES" that we can find that say no to Boston...we can find an equal amount that say yes...

The only named sources...his agent...his friends...state that Rocket wants to stay in Houston with his family...

and Clemens would never consider himself a rent a player...

why don't you think he'd goto Texas...

Awesome offense...decent starters...more than likely more than enough to carry that division...and a chance to goto the playoffs in his homestate...

He will still end up in New York when it's all said and done...

And the Pizza man's wife is HOT!

POJO_Risin
06-01-2005, 10:48 PM
Playboy model is she...

As Va knows though...all fags use hot playboy models as cover...

VH LINKS SUCKS
06-02-2005, 02:16 AM
Playboy model is she...

As Va knows though...all fags use hot playboy models as cover...

LOL...

Do you actually think Mikey would marry some chick if he played on both teams? Lol

POJO_Risin
06-02-2005, 01:44 PM
Don't they all?

VH LINKS SUCKS
06-02-2005, 01:48 PM
Don't they all?

Actually, Jim Rome was speaking directly about Piazza and his hook up with his playboy model wife and how rumours swirled about his sexuality. I remember this a while ago and he spoke about it with caution for obvious reasons and the fact remained that he was much a heterosexual kinda guy according to all the baseball sources....

POJO_Risin
06-02-2005, 02:00 PM
Rocket to Rangers?
People close to Clemens say he might agree to deal to Texas, though Yankees are still in mix

BY JON HEYMAN AND KEN DAVIDOFF
STAFF WRITERS

June 2, 2005

The Yankees could have some competition for Roger Clemens' services, after all, and this would be a battle in which George Steinbrenner lacked the home-field advantage. The seven-time Cy Young Award winner has expressed interest in joining the Texas Rangers, according to two people familiar with Clemens' thinking.

On Feb. 6, Newsday reported that Clemens, who will turn 43 Aug. 4, made a handshake agreement with Astros owner Drayton McLane upon signing a one-year, $18-million contract for 2005. McLane agreed to trade Clemens to the Yankees if the Astros fell out of the pennant race.

In an interview with ESPN last month, Clemens, who refused to commit to playing the entire 2005 season with the Astros, said he would permit a trade only to the Yankees. Since then, however, the Rangers have surged, putting together a nine-game winning streak before losing last night in Detroit. Texas' hot streak apparently has piqued Clemens' interest in the Rangers.

Although the Rangers are a rare team that has used the same five starters since Opening Day, one executive with an American League team said he had little doubt Texas would have at least "some level of interest" if Clemens becomes available.

Any trade of Clemens would likely not occur until closer to the July 31 non-waivers trading deadline. McLane proved last season, when his club pulled off a remarkable late-season run, that he is reluctant to signal to his fans he is surrendering. But McLane, with Clemens' help, could sell a trade by touting the prospects received, money saved and the possibility of Clemens' return for 2006.

Clemens owns a no-trade clause, and his $18-million contract for this season includes a $3-million kicker if he is dealt.

The righthander, 3-3 with a sterling 1.30 ERA for the last-place Astros, has privately expressed admiration for the Rangers' powerful lineup, speculating that his record would be far better with the support of Texas' offense.

Then there is the issue of proximity. The drive from Clemens' Houston-area home to the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex takes about four hours. Rangers owner Tom Hicks seems more likely than the Yankees to grant Clemens the liberal schedule he has with the Astros. He is not required to attend games he's not pitching. If Hicks agreed to that structure, Clemens could virtually commute to Arlington from Houston.

Hicks, who signed Alex Rodriguez to a 10-year, $252-million contract in December 2000, has been more financially conservative the last few years. Yet acquiring Clemens would present a short-term, if high-volume, investment that would be done by year's end. He would essentially pay for himself in increased attendance and souvenir sales, as he has with the Astros.

Trading the team's top draw (and ace) to the Yankees or neighboring Rangers would generate negative reaction from Astros fans. The more McLane got for Clemens, the easier it would be to convince fans that the deal was worthwhile.

The Rangers, by most accounts, have more to offer the Astros than the Yankees do. Although the Yankees have second baseman Robinson Cano and pitcher Chien-Ming Wang as trade chips, the Rangers boast a highly regarded minor-league crop, including pitchers John Danks, Thomas Diamond and Ricardo Rodriguez, shortstop Ian Kinsler and first baseman Adrian Gonzalez.

Yet the Yankees still have great appeal to Clemens. He greatly enjoyed his five seasons in the Bronx, so when his January 2004 "unretirement" drew the ire of many Yankees fans, Clemens felt bad. Part of him, friends contend, wants to mend that fence. Clemens enjoyed pitching for manager Joe Torre and pitching coach Mel Stottlemyre, and he even had a mostly positive relationship with Steinbrenner.

But Torre has said publicly that he wouldn't approve of Clemens' "part-time" schedule; given the Yankees' preponderance of superstars, it would be more difficult for such an arrangement to fly. Steinbrenner, not Torre, of course, would ultimately decide this issue.

Yankees people privately have expressed concerns about Boston's possible involvement but still seem fairly confident they won't lose Clemens to their archrival. There's little evidence to suggest he is as interested in returning to Boston as he is in returning to the Bronx or going to Texas.

So...we have a confirmation of the possibility...

POJO_Risin
06-02-2005, 02:03 PM
I don't really think Piazza is a fag...if that's what you are asking...

VH LINKS SUCKS
06-02-2005, 02:55 PM
I don't really think Piazza is a fag...if that's what you are asking...

Neither do I.

I heard some media chick started the rumour after he turned her down.

POJO_Risin
06-02-2005, 03:27 PM
It is funny that a lot of the prominant athletes that are considered possible "fags" always end up dating playboy playmates...

VH LINKS SUCKS
06-02-2005, 04:24 PM
It is funny that a lot of the prominant athletes that are considered possible "fags" always end up dating playboy playmates...

LOL...that is so true!

It only takes one media be-atch to spread a rumour and that is the beginning of an unwarranted stereotype.