PDA

View Full Version : Miami eyes Moss

ALinChainz
03-03-2004, 05:06 PM
BY BILL WILLIAMSON AND SEAN JENSEN, Pioneer Press

The Vikings and Dolphins have discussed a trade that would send Randy Moss to Miami for a package that could include some combination of defensive end Adewale Ogunleye, cornerback Sam Madison, receiver Chris Chambers and draft picks.

According to sources close to the talks, the deal was discussed within the past few days, but there is no indication when or if either team will continue pursuing the deal.

Sources told the Pioneer Press and the Miami Herald that the Vikings initiated the talks. Vikings director of football operations Rob Brzezinski would not comment on whether the Vikings made the first call but did say the Vikings have received inquiries about Moss.

When asked Monday whether the Vikings were shopping their star receiver, Brzezinski said, "Randy Moss is not for sale."

Moss caught 111 passes for 1,632 yards and 17 touchdowns last season. He signed an eight-year, $75 million contract that included a then-record $18 million signing bonus in July 2001. The contract does not include a no-trade clause.

Moss was unavailable for comment.

It likely would require one of the biggest trades in league history to pry Moss from the Vikings, who consider him the best player in the NFL, but the Dolphins are no strangers to blockbuster deals. They sent two No. 1 draft picks to New Orleans to acquire running back Ricky Williams prior to the 2002 season.

Ogunleye, a restricted free agent, led the Dolphins with 15 sacks last season. Chambers led the team with 64 catches and 11 touchdown receptions. Madison had 50 tackles and three interceptions, one he returned for a touchdown. The Dolphins have the 20th pick in the April 24 draft; the Vikings pick 19th.

Coach Mike Tice said he knew nothing about trade talks for Moss.

"It's ridiculous," Tice said. "There has been so much talk about Randy. Randy's under contract. He can't go anywhere unless we want him to go somewhere."

While major NFL trades are complicated and fairly rare, the Vikings' salary-cap flexibility would help lessen the complication. They are $33.33 million under the cap — the most room in the NFL.

Vikings owner Red McCombs did not return a phone call Tuesday.

High Life Man
03-03-2004, 05:35 PM
Chambers is sweet.

I'd pull the trigger on this deal in a second.

However, I hate the Vikings.

ALinChainz
03-03-2004, 07:06 PM
I agree. And Moss in Miami with either Feidler of Feeley passing to him. Sounds like Moss' numbers going WAY down.

Good for Vikes, bad for Miami.

Gmoney
03-03-2004, 08:44 PM
Moss is a punk.....that's all I have to say....

Lou
03-04-2004, 02:06 AM
I disagree with the consensus. Moss is an asshole but he puts up the numbers. That would be a serious blow to the Vikings offense. Chambers is a very good receiver but nowhere near Moss's level.

When has a team traded a star player for a package of lesser players, and made their team better? Rarely happens. You never get equal value in return.

Dave IS VH
03-05-2004, 01:14 AM
it's just a rumor!!!!!!

The Vikings are not even thinking about trading Moss. That is what the local media is now saying here in MN.

I would trade him in a sec., if we could completely build up our defense. The Vikings haven't had a good defense for 10 years

Defense wins championships!!!!!

Sarge
03-05-2004, 09:08 AM
they would be stupid to trade Moss

rustoffa
03-07-2004, 08:38 PM
Moss is going nowhere.

High Life Man
03-08-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Dave IS VH
Defense wins championships!!!!!

Lord knows the Vikings don't.

Junyore Grades
03-08-2004, 02:46 PM
I knew Randy Moss. He lived in Rand, WV, just abought 5 miles down the road from where I set. Personality wise, he is an ass, but you'd have to catch him to tell him that.
As soon as he left this state, he started badmouthing us, and said WV isn't a good place to raise your kids and there was no oportunity for anyone here, then he joined the Vikings. LOL. His brother Chris is a much nicer person. I think he still plays pro basketball, but I'm not really sure. LOL
It wouldn't work if he went to Florida, because he'd get busted with some Cuban smack and there would go his career.

BuzinBad
03-10-2004, 09:41 PM
I think Moss might be one of the biggest arrogant asses in the NFL. And that says a lot once you look at all the fucksticks there are in the NFL. But I have to say that I would kill for the Cowboys to get him. You might not like him as a person but I don't think there is anyone better than him in the NFL. Although that might change this year once Roy Williams comes into the NFL from the Texas Longhorns!

Dave IS VH
03-11-2004, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by BuzinBad
I think Moss might be one of the biggest arrogant asses in the NFL. And that says a lot once you look at all the fucksticks there are in the NFL. But I have to say that I would kill for the Cowboys to get him. You might not like him as a person but I don't think there is anyone better than him in the NFL. Although that might change this year once Roy Williams comes into the NFL from the Texas Longhorns!

The Cowboys could of drafted him, but they chose not to.

If Moss shuts his mouth and take it on the field, he can be really good WR.

He did lose a allot of key games from dropped passes he purposely dropped thew.

The Vikings need to build their Defense or their not going to win Shit!!!!!!