PDA

View Full Version : has tyson actually retired now?

Dave's Bitch
06-02-2005, 02:58 PM
has iron mike finally hung up the gloves for good?.if not its about time he did.he was an amazing fighter,some super fast hands and he hit as hard as foreman(or nearly).but what he doesnt realise is that the tyson we see now isnt the tyson of old,the old tyson was a true champion,the modern day tyson is a shadow of his former self.

did you guys catch his fight with danny williams.the first round was great,we saw the tyson we all used to know but after that he was back to the slow lumbering tyson of today.he cant do it anymore yet he still try's

so anyway back to my origional point.Have we seen the last of Iron Mike Tyson or can we be expecting another comeback fight?

Redballjets88
06-02-2005, 02:59 PM
he fights this month

Redballjets88
06-02-2005, 03:00 PM
or next i know its soon

Dave's Bitch
06-02-2005, 03:01 PM
OMG its just sad really isnt it.when is he gonna learn

Redballjets88
06-02-2005, 03:03 PM
i love mike he is just fun to watch and listen to...they will give him non challenge and it will be ko in first round and hype will build until he loses again...if they could get foreman a title in the 90's they can do it for mike

DrMaddVibe
06-02-2005, 03:03 PM
Maybe he's coming out of hibernation and is really hungry!

Dave's Bitch
06-02-2005, 03:04 PM
i think mike is destroying his legacy with all these joke comeback fights where he gets his ass handed to him

Redballjets88
06-02-2005, 03:06 PM
thats what boxers do look at foreman and holmes they dont care and at least tyson is still huge...holmes is a fat cow now

POJO_Risin
06-02-2005, 03:09 PM
Mike destroyed his legacy when he went into the Buster Douglas fight not prepared...then raped the girl...then came back and depended on his power punch...and not his movement...

Tyson was the rare slugger who could nail you from all angles...never stopped moving his upper body...and never stopped moving forward...

he would soften you up quickly by destroying body punches...

I forget which fight it was...but he knocked a guy out with a fucking body punch...unbelievable...

he stopped moving...bobbing...and once that happened...and he bacame stationary...it gave folks a target...and he really couldn't take a punch...

Dave's Bitch
06-02-2005, 03:09 PM
it just saddens me to see one of my all time favorite boxers trying to cling on to the glory he once had when its clear he cant do it anymore

Dave's Bitch
06-02-2005, 03:10 PM
he has only lost 5 fights hasnt he?

POJO_Risin
06-02-2005, 03:11 PM
If Tyson could manage one last run...it would be great for boxing...what is he...40?

There isnt anyone out there any good...

and if Tyson regained that fury for...2 or 3 fights...I would love it...

and he COULD do it...

Redballjets88
06-02-2005, 03:12 PM
lewis is gone...and that european guy isnt doing much i think tyson has a good chance they will give him a title shot if he goes through like 3 or 4 guys

Dave's Bitch
06-02-2005, 03:14 PM
i really want to see tyson back on top,but he is really going to have to re descover the aggression he used to have.he needs to train on his movement alot

Carmine
06-02-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
If Tyson could manage one last run...it would be great for boxing...what is he...40?

There isnt anyone out there any good...

and if Tyson regained that fury for...2 or 3 fights...I would love it...

and he COULD do it...

I think he's 37 Poj...and I'm with you.

He COULD do it, and it would be fantastic for the sport. Love em or hate em, he's still a draw.

On the side, did any of you see Evander Holyfield last night on that new dance show?

Oh my...

VHdamaco
06-02-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
it just saddens me to see one of my all time favorite boxers trying to cling on to the glory he once had when its clear he cant do it anymore

it also saddens me to see someone try so hard to fit in when they were once an outcast...

going a little over the top on the spam bashing, its a good attempt, but you're still a cunt...

but don't worry, im not here to divert the thread, just needed to let her know i was still going to be on her ass...

i do agree with your analysis poj...

once the movement went into the background, he was screwed...

he usually gets me on the one hit body punch ko in the mike tysons punch out on the regular nintendo game, lol...

Dave's Bitch
06-02-2005, 03:16 PM
Tyson in that respect was like Ali and Chris eubank,people would pay to see them get knocked out or beat but itd never happen

Redballjets88
06-02-2005, 03:17 PM
i think tyson is al buisness you havent heard from him much since the last fight he is probably in great shape and ready to rape some people

Redballjets88
06-02-2005, 03:18 PM
np pun intended

POJO_Risin
06-02-2005, 03:22 PM
Tyson?

The great thing about Tyson was that he connected himself to Ali by beating Berbick for the title...Berbick beat Ali in his last fight...

He held it for 2 years...before losing to Douglass...

but came back and destroyed Razor Ruddick, Tillman and some other guy...and was set to fight Holyfield when he got convicted...

In 1995...Tyson came back and reclaimed the WBC and WBA belts...Bruno and Sheldon I think...then got another chance to fight Holyfield...who had the IBF crown...

which really became the end...

Holyfield beat him...then was disqualified against Holyfield for his 3rd loss...

lost to Lewis...and someone else in there...so yeah...only five losses

POJO_Risin
06-02-2005, 03:23 PM
Mike is broke...maybe he will find the hunger again...

Dave's Bitch
06-02-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
i think tyson is al buisness you havent heard from him much since the last fight he is probably in great shape and ready to rape some people

Hopefully you right there,i meen if he's having yet another comeback fight then i really hope he is in great shape and has his game face on

Carmine
06-02-2005, 03:24 PM
Mike is broke...maybe he will find the hunger again...

Took the words outta my mouth man...

POJO_Risin
06-02-2005, 03:24 PM
Tyson knows his history...he's always been a HUGE boxing officianado...

he knows he can regain a bit of his luster if he can regain the crown...and add some luster to it...

I don't know if he can do it...but if he blasts this guy on the 11th...he's going to get another title shot...

POJO_Risin
06-02-2005, 03:25 PM
Funny Carmine...if you make Rocky a felon...

you have Tyson...

Carmine
06-02-2005, 03:26 PM

you have Tyson...

True!

Carmine
06-02-2005, 03:28 PM
Tyson?

The great thing about Tyson was that he connected himself to Ali by beating Berbick for the title...Berbick beat Ali in his last fight...

but came back and destroyed Razor Ruddick, Tillman and some other guy...and was set to fight Holyfield when he got convicted...

In 1995...Tyson came back and reclaimed the WBC and WBA belts...Bruno and Sheldon I think...then got another chance to fight Holyfield...who had the IBF crown...

Holyfield beat him...then was disqualified against Holyfield for his 3rd loss...

Frank Bruno fuckin cried in the corner after Tyson hit him...

or did he hit him? Bruno cried nonetheless.

Redballjets88
06-02-2005, 03:28 PM
how fast was that one KO like 5 seconds or something

Dave's Bitch
06-02-2005, 03:29 PM
Tyson?

the other loss was to danny williams.i hate williams i dont think he's a good boxer at all and if tyson coulda kept the levle of intensity he had going in the first round he woulda kickd williams ass

Carmine
06-02-2005, 03:29 PM

you have Tyson...

Mike needs to hit "The Atomic Hoagey Shop"...

Redballjets88
06-02-2005, 03:30 PM
if he wouldnt have torn his miniscus during the fight

Carmine
06-02-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
how fast was that one KO like 5 seconds or something

Not Bruno...Pete Mcneely was real quick...as was the Spinks fight. I think Spinks was the quickest, I could be mistaken though.

Dave's Bitch
think tyson could beat joe louis?

Redballjets88
yes considering i have never heard of joe loius

Dave's Bitch
06-02-2005, 03:32 PM
shit i spelt it wrong

Dave's Bitch
06-02-2005, 03:33 PM
no i didnt i dont think

Carmine
06-02-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
think tyson could beat joe louis?

"You must be outta your goddamn mind! Joe Louis the greatest boxer ever lived."

he bad as Sugar Ray...bad as Cassius Clay...and the new boy there, what's his name...Mike Tyson...look like a bulldog"

Coming to America

Sorry...had to do that!

Redballjets88
06-02-2005, 03:36 PM
"sugar ray robinson fight so good he make ur dick hard" - Richard Pryor on how his dad and friends talked about boxing

POJO_Risin
06-02-2005, 03:47 PM
Joe Louis...I have no opinion on really...

he was great...no doubt...but never saw him fight...and can't stand that old footage...

Dave's Bitch
06-02-2005, 03:51 PM
i watched a few of his fights,i saw one where he was fighting this german who was the pride of germany,kinda like drago in rocky IV(although he was russian).Joe Louis comes out and cracks him to the body and the german guy cries in pain

POJO_Risin
06-02-2005, 04:23 PM
Max Schmelling...

yeah...Louis said every time he'd hit him...he'd cry in pain...

Louis and Schmelling were good friends...

Dave's Bitch
06-02-2005, 04:30 PM
Schmelling died fairly recently didnt he?

POJO_Risin
06-02-2005, 04:32 PM
Yeah...this year if I'm not mistaken...there was a great article in SI about him...

about how he hated the Nazi's and hated Hitler...and Hated being the poster boy for the Nazi's....

Dave's Bitch
06-02-2005, 04:39 PM
He was a good fighter

POJO_Risin
06-02-2005, 05:04 PM
Read the Cinderalla Man thread...it talks a little bit about Schmeling and Louis...and their rivalry...

Schmeling was 9 years older than Louis...