PDA

View Full Version : Nba 2004

seenbad
03-03-2004, 05:07 PM
What the fuck? The final semester of the NBA season and nobody here talks about it? What the fuck is the matter with you people? Have you no prioritah's?

knuckleboner
03-03-2004, 05:20 PM
dude, i'm a bullets/wizards fan. (i've even got a 10 game plan.)

haven't i had enough punishment??? ;)

seenbad
03-03-2004, 07:46 PM
Yes, you have a valid excuse and plenty of punishment. I can easily forgive that. Can I interest you in some chicago/pheonix and orlando tickets too? :)

NE169
03-04-2004, 12:41 AM
I'll give ya some celtics tix, too :(

seenbad
03-04-2004, 01:02 AM
Oh man. LT, we took your fuckin boys to SCHOOL out here in PDX a couple weeks ago. lol. Sorry, but man, it was a pretty severe ass whoopin'. About 8 minutes to go in the first quarter it was 22 to .........ZERO man!!

Ainge has royally dismantled that team.

Lou
03-04-2004, 01:42 AM
I'm a huge NBA fan actually. Here's what I want to know...what the hell happened to Dirk Nowitzki? Is he injured? Because he's clearly not the same player he was the last couple of years. And he's still only what, 25?

seenbad
03-04-2004, 02:15 AM
He's having a bad year, ....for him. I think Don is trying to mix up the offense a little bit with Nash and Jamison and in the process fucked up Dirks rythm. He's not injured. Idunno but they took it to our ass in Dallas the other night (Portland). I hate that little Nash fucker. He looks like a pervert. Every time he slips through the defense I wish Theo Ratliff would just closeline his punk ass. :mad: Fuckin hate that guy.....but wish we had him. lol

Troy
03-04-2004, 04:27 PM
The Blazers are done. I see absolutely no sense of urgency from them. They make it real hard for me to like hoops anymore.

seenbad
03-04-2004, 05:09 PM
I'm wondering if they really are truly going for the 8th spot, or if they are laying back for better position in the lottery. Utah is acting like they want it more.

Bonzi was just unconcious in the third last night. 8-10? Sheed comes back tonight. I've been trying to win tickets to that game. Oh well.

Fuckin Abdur Rahim....He needs to snap the fuck out of it.

Troy
03-04-2004, 05:18 PM
You either need to tank for the lottery or make a push. The Blazers aren't doing either. You can't just hover there, giving the fans a false sense of hope.

Why are you trying to win tickets? They're selling 2 for $30 with a free hot dog. They can't even get 17,000 people in the garden anymore. It's sad seeing all those seats empty.

I can't get mad at Shareef. The guy does a stand-up thing by sacrificing his game for the team (well mainly to keep Zach from throwing another fit). But the guy is a starter, you can't just come off the bench and put up starter numbers, you have to get used to it.

Troy
03-04-2004, 05:19 PM
And I cringe when Zack gets the ball just because he NEVER looks for the open guy... He has tunnel vision to the hoop.

seenbad
03-04-2004, 07:35 PM
You have to love that about him though. Face it, we need that. He reminds me of Moses Malone back in the day. same style.

Those 30 dollar tickets are up against the wall a mile high man. lol.

I understand what you're saying about sharif, but c'mon. Did you see how weak his low post moves were last night? he was missing layups like bonzi used to.

Troy
03-05-2004, 01:47 PM
The whole team played like grade schoolers. I'm done with them. I'm so tired of hearing about "change" & "watershed". Don't punish the fans because management made shitty decisions. But that's what they're doing.

Paul Allen needs to pay whatever it takes to get this team winning again. I'm not saying stockpile talent like Whittsit did with no regard to chemistry, but screw the luxury tax. He should convince MJ to make yet another comeback so the tax goes away again.

Funny how a league mandated "luxury tax" can disappear when a 40 year old decides to play a couple more years...

I'd rather watch the Hawks. At least the team is upfront with what they want to do.

seenbad
03-05-2004, 08:59 PM
Well, that was real fun last night.

Dave IS VH
03-06-2004, 03:16 PM
GO TIMBERWOLVES!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D Don't choke!!!!!!!!! :p

NE169
03-06-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by seenbad
Oh man. LT, we took your fuckin boys to SCHOOL out here in PDX a couple weeks ago. lol. Sorry, but man, it was a pretty severe ass whoopin'. About 8 minutes to go in the first quarter it was 22 to .........ZERO man!!

Ainge has royally dismantled that team. 22-0 ?!?!! OUCH!!!

It HURTS seeing Boston struggle to get anywhere from #6-8 seed this year, but they still weren't gonna get any better with Antoine Walker on the team (last year's #^ seed proved it)--it's been Pierce's team the last few years, and he's become a worse ballhog than Walker, if you can believe it.

2 All-Stars, 1 ball, someone had to go, and Antoine never was the most popular Celtic.

Ainge shoulda never said that he wasn't rebuilding; I bet most Celtic fans woulda understood they weren't getting any better anyway...

NE169
03-06-2004, 09:25 PM
And Ainge better NOT try to get Eddy Curry or Tyson Chandler from the Bulls :mad:

seenbad
03-13-2004, 01:44 AM
We drop games to the clippers but beat the number one and two teams in back to backs.....go figure.

Opinion changed any Troy?

Lou
03-13-2004, 02:22 AM
I'll take Zach Randolph or Shareef Abdur Rahim anyday over Allen Iverson. I am PRAYING that the Sixers find a way to get rid of him even if they get slop in return. It's not a coincidence that without Iverson and Robinson playing they've gone on a winning streak. They're not very talented by any means, but they play better as a team without those two cancers out there.

I think Zach Randolph can be a star in this league. He's really young so he's got plenty of time to grow.

POJO_Risin
03-14-2004, 12:34 AM
Iverson...it just goes to show you how much Larry Brown got him to produce...and to show up...Philly should have done everything to keep him...but I'm sure he was tired of babysitting him...

Randolph...Rahim...

look...Rahim is a player...we see that when he's the focus of the offense...as he was in Vancouver...Denver...Atlanta...

Not sure where in the hell he'll fit in as the story unfolds in Portland...

as for the NBA...I'm a Cavs fan...and actually have a bit of interest this year...mainly in watching the development of LeBron...and the emergence of that nimrod from Duke...Boozer...

They've done some good things there this year...getting rid of malignants like freakin' Davis...and bringin' in Role Players to fill the gaps and help bring along LeBron...

I'm highly interested in LeBron and Carmello...both are looking legit...and could bring that type of rivalry that has been missing in the NBA between two players...the NBA will just have to figure out a way to get them to play each other more than twice a year (lmfao...probably force them to trade one to the Lakers and one to the Celtics...)

What's missing in this NBA are the types of teams that interest people outside of their home city...IE the Lakers and Celtics from years past...

ahhh...who gives a shit...

Lou
03-14-2004, 12:37 AM
I love basketball and I absolutely care about other teams besides my home team, but you're right that a lot of people only care about their team. It's getting to be like hockey that way, where no one knows any players not on their team.

POJO_Risin
03-14-2004, 12:51 AM
It's unfortunate Lou...the NBA was popular because they had players and teams that transcended basketball...like Bird, Jordan, Magic, Isiah...

the Celts...and Lakers of the 80's...then the Pistons and the Bulls...

there was a story...

Now...the overwhelming story always seems to be negative...they have to get out of that...

wraytw
03-14-2004, 08:58 AM
seen, your boys going to make the playoffs or what?

seenbad
03-16-2004, 08:06 PM
We're fightin the good fight now dude!!

Beat min twice, and the kings. wow. Good start to a chase, but fuckin Denver won't lose!! (and don't forget Utah).

I think overall Poj, you're "generally" right about seclusionary fanship but the "general" fans out there at least have Kobe and shaq :rolleyes: . McGrady and Duncan, Garnett. etc. There are enough players out there with generic appeal to keep the game going in my opinion, just not superstars like days of old.

Carmello and Lebron are going to spice the league up though. You watch. Both will be huge.

Raheem......I'm not impressed so far.

Randolph, dude, he is ALREADY a superstar man. Have you seen that kids stats??

Fuckin Theo Ratliff baby. The hero portland has been waiting for (at least this year).

Wray, I don't know man. Denver has to drop some games and even if they do Utah's schedule is soft compared to ours. We just need to keep playing the way we're playing.

Speaking of, the portland/milwaukie games on...

POJO_Risin
03-16-2004, 09:21 PM
Oh...don't get me wrong seen...I agree with you...there are a ton of players out there that have that crossover appeal to other hoop markets...

but what they don't have...until perhaps LeBron...and Kobe before the Colorado incident...is that guy that transcends the sport...

Magic and Bird certainly did that...Jordan more than certainly did that...

and through that created these national rivalries...Either cities...Philly, Boston, LA...

or players...Jordan, Isiah, Magic, Pistons and Bird...

right now...there isn't that...

perhaps Sacramento and LA...but that's really a joke. There just isn't an Eastern team right now with any of that...

but Carmello throwing down over 26 a game since the break...

and LeBron rolling the Cavs to playoff glory in his first season...and with them having a similar friendship that a lot of the aforementioned greats had...may lead to something the NBA hasn't had since Jordan's first roll with the Pistons and the Knicks...

and happened yearly in the 80's with the Lakers and the Celts (which was truly magical...and maybe a once in a lifetime deal)...

two players that respect each other...are monster all-stars...and keep trying to one-up each other...

and Denver and Cleveland certainly have history...if not in basketball...but football...so who knows...

Randolph is a monster...and Rahim seems to be a wash now...go figure...

Cavs...7 in a row...blowing the hell out of the Bulls right now...

and fucking Carlos Boozer sitting with 22 and 13 boards right now...start of the fourth...

if that guy isn't the fucking monster surprise of the year...

twonabomber
03-16-2004, 09:50 PM
Cavs looking damn good for the first time in a long time. so good, that three of the four local TV stations aren't sending reporters to Winter Haven to cover the Tribe's spring training.

seenbad
03-23-2004, 03:01 PM
half the fucking posts this thread had went away with that hiccup last week. Just let it be known that I had a take and didn't suck. I just don't want to retype it all.

Who's getting number 8 in the west?

Portland, Utah, or Denver?

wraytw
03-23-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by seenbad
Who's getting number 8 in the west?

Portland, Utah, or Denver?

Shit, that's a close race. I'll go with Portland or Denver. I don't see Utah making it.

Lou
03-23-2004, 06:41 PM
Wouldn't it have been a hell of a lot better for the NBA (and not to mention the Pistons, Joe Dumars you MORON) had the Pistons drafted Carmelo, and you would have set up a division rivalry between the Cavs/Pistons and LeBron/Carmelo for years to come?

That's what the NBA needs so badly, division rivals and individual player rivals. There are hardly any team rivalries and no individual player rivalries out there.

POJO_Risin
03-23-2004, 10:27 PM
Yeah...they took that European oaf...

He'll pan out...whata bunch of fucking idiots...

Lou
03-23-2004, 10:44 PM
BTW Milicic was quoted as saying he wanted to be like Toni Kukoc.

Gee, what a high bar he sets for himself, he wants to be a role player!

POJO_Risin
03-23-2004, 10:55 PM
LMFAO...

I dream to be as good as Chuck Nevitt...

hell hath frozen over in Europe....

Troy
03-24-2004, 01:13 PM
I'm still done.

seenbad
03-24-2004, 02:33 PM
Awwwww Troy, c'mon man. We need ya. They could still get number 8. Chin up.

ALinChainz
03-24-2004, 04:06 PM
I way beg to differ on Darko.

Big difference being drafted by a team that went to the Eastern Conference Finals than a doormat that's been in the lottery every season.

Many NBA Scouts rated Darko that high, and he is only 18. Carmelo is a good player, absolutely. He is already suffering from some ego problems in the league. The last game Detroit played against Denver, he was hoisting everything he got his hands on, and was getting shut down big time. Andre Miller during a time-out was livid at the all offense-no defense play of Anthony, along with other team mates.

He actually REFUSED to go back in the game against the Pistons. That sealed it for me right there. REFUSED? Kind of WEAK if you ask me. Darko can run and shoot for a man his size, and we have the luxary of sitting him and having him learn the NBA game, where Carmelo being from these states, has had the chance to be around the NBA more.

We already have Tayshaun Prince. Granted, no where near the player Anthony potentially is, but came on big in the playoffs last season, and we had a rare opportunity to take a 7-0 who has the mobility and shooting/ball handling skills to be a star. Denver would have taken him if we didn't.

The Pistons are a tough team right now, and from where we were when Dumars took over til now, I think he has done an excellent job. The aquisition of Rasheed makes all the Anthony/Darko debate moot in my view. I guess living in Michigan and seeing lots of Pistin games makes me bias, but after what I saw, I'm more than glad we don't have Anthony. Looking like his team mates are wondering too.

seenbad
04-17-2004, 02:25 PM
Anybody watching playoffs this year?!?!

POJO_Risin
04-17-2004, 10:50 PM
I actually am planning on it...the few I watched last year were...well...entertaining...and that does surprise me...

I wish the East had just one fucking team that was worth a damn though...then I wouldn't JUST watch the West Coast games...

seenbad
04-19-2004, 01:00 AM
Detroit sounds like they should be right up your alley. They're fuckin bad assed now in my opinion. Wallace/Wallace is an insanely good combo. I think they have the best shot, records be damned.

Sac/Dallas. Fun series to watch just for the offense and/or lack of defense, take your pick. Probably the most likely candidate for an upset. It just depends on who's shooting.

POJO_Risin
04-19-2004, 01:03 AM
Yeah...Detroit has an interesting mix for sure...I'll be curious to see if they can hang...

I was thoroughly amused with the Dallas/Sac game...

and of course...I'm a wee bit curious to see if Minny can finally win one...

Cassell throws down 40 tonight to beat up on Denver...

ALinChainz
04-19-2004, 11:53 AM
The West still dominates.

I'd like to see the Pistons get to the finals, playing the stout defense they were playing at the end of the season (30+ straight opponents held under 100, including 5 under 70).

Would take some serious luck for an East team to win.

seenbad
04-19-2004, 01:41 PM
I think Detroit's the one to do it this year, if any. That's a mean defense and frankly, the NBA as a whole is pretty lackluster on D, so a good defensive team can really jangle up the flow of a team built on offense, like so many of the wests are.

Minnesota will finally get out of the first round.