PDA

View Full Version : ever hit a friggin' animal with your car?

diamondsgirl
06-02-2005, 10:22 PM
I just destroyed a racoon.

What a fucked up noise that made...and the feeling of my tires driving over its body.

That shit messed up my night. :(

The Scatologist
06-02-2005, 10:28 PM
Haha yeah, I ran over a little school kid the other day. That little bitch screamed like a motherfucker! :D

Matt White
06-02-2005, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
I just destroyed a racoon.

What a fucked up noise that made...and the feeling of my tires driving over its body.

That shit messed up my night. :(

Sad, but it happens DG!

I always try to advoid hitting ANYTHING...but sometimes it is unadvoidable.

I've seen people get into accidents trying to advoid an animal.

I never want to injury a person, or myself, to miss an animal.

diamondsgirl
06-02-2005, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by The Scatologist
Haha yeah, I ran over a little school kid the other day. That little bitch screamed like a motherfucker! :D

LOL...and they make a good sized SPLAT! :D

diamondsgirl
06-02-2005, 10:35 PM
This racoon just waddled right in front of my car and that was it.

Lights out.

A baby deer ran into the side of my car a few years back...I hated that

Susie Q
06-02-2005, 10:36 PM
I ran over a deer after the person in front of me ran it over back in the day. I was in my 83 Dodge Charger at the time. I had fur and blood all over my hood and in the grill. Man, that was a pain in the ass to clean. No damage to the car except that because I began to slow down when I saw the other car going to the side of the road.

Matt White
06-02-2005, 10:37 PM
I've hit:

Racoons

Rabbits

Opossums

turtles

Birds........

Never a dog!!!

And NEVER a CAT!!! Thankfully!

fryingdutchman
06-02-2005, 10:37 PM
I've smacked a rabbit or two in my day...unintentionally of course.

I have one image that sticks with me after one hit...

He must have almost made it because I looked in my rear view and saw him spinning in the middle of the road.

I must've tagged him in the rear...cause he was spinning like a fucking top!

Very sad...

Chester
06-02-2005, 11:01 PM
Being as how I'm a goat, I don't drive.

But I've "hit" MAX PLENTY of times, if ya know what I'm sayin'!

classicdude
06-02-2005, 11:06 PM
I remember nailing a Muskovy (sp?) duck when I was in high school going about 80mph...looking in the rear view mirror seeing a cloud of feathers. I wasn't about to stop for no damn duck. Also hit a raccoon in high school....luckily raccoon pelts were in prime and I got like 20 bucks for it at the time. Nice little bit of cash for a high school kid. :) Haven't nailed anything for a while and don't really want to, especially with my motorcycle. I'd like to get a big ass brush guard on my truck, just for the wildlife possibilities.

Chester
06-02-2005, 11:09 PM
As a vegan, all of you make me sick.

OULUVROTH2
06-02-2005, 11:10 PM
YOU NEVER STOP HEARING THAT THUMPING SOUND AS IT PASSES UNDER YOUR CAR!!! YEAH..PRETTY F'D UP!

Cathedral
06-02-2005, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
I've hit:

Racoons

Rabbits

Opossums

turtles

Birds........

Never a dog!!!

Same here only you can add the Cat to my list.
But get this, 2 years in a row i ran over a rabbit on Easter, that's two years, in a row, and on EASTER!

Talk about bad Karma, i was sure there was a message in that somewhere.
The only time i encounter rabbit's and it is on EASTER, 2 consecutive years in a row?

My little one was with me the last time, she was horrified.

but i am not going to try and avoid an animal at the risk of hitting something much worse.
I see news reports of people dodging dogs and shit only to get killed when they slam a tree.

Sorry Fido, that's the policy.............

Chester
06-02-2005, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral

2 years in a row i ran over a rabbit on Easter.

i am not going to try and avoid an animal

And to think, there are some on this board who think you should be named Emperor...

Matt White
06-02-2005, 11:20 PM

:D EXACTLY!!!

I'm higher on the food chain, the animal is gonna get smoked.

rustoffa
06-02-2005, 11:30 PM
The worst is when it's insult to injury in the middle of nowhere.

This really big DOE jumped out in front of my truck last fall, in the middle of nowhere. There it is, and your radiator is crushed. I was just immediately ultra-pissed, and went back down the road a few feet to convey my sentiments. Right after like the second or third kick to the carcass, I notice a few slow-approaching cars. It's like these roadkill vulture fuckers that probably bait the ditches. "Hey maan, you don't want that do ya?"

They were bleeding it out seconds later while I fumed.

OULUVROTH2
06-02-2005, 11:32 PM
VEGAN'S SOUNDS LIKE A HAGAR THING!!

diamondsgirl
06-02-2005, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by OULUVROTH2
YOU NEVER STOP HEARING THAT THUMPING SOUND AS IT PASSES UNDER YOUR CAR!!! YEAH..PRETTY F'D UP!

it is f'd up.

make it stop....

:drive:

Hardrock69
06-03-2005, 12:18 AM
I almost hit a dog the other day....thank god I didn't...and there have been a few times I have rescued kitties from traffic....

I drive about 10 miles on 2-lane blacktop when I go into town, and all along the way are all manner of wildlife.

I have come close to hitting a deer on several occasions. nailed a squirrel last week.

Usually it is someone else's job to mow down dogs and cats, as I see them occasionally by the side of the road....never fails to bum me out....any aminul, but expeshully doggees and kats....kus dey wuz somebody's best friend mos' likely...

MEAT!!! GIMME MEAT!!!
MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I did NOT claw my fucking way up to the top of the food chain in order to eat wheat germ and green beans...

UGS
06-03-2005, 12:34 AM

but i am not going to try and avoid an animal at the risk of hitting something much worse.
I see news reports of people dodging dogs and shit only to get killed when they slam a tree.

For sure. Chimpmunk. . . or me and my passengers. Tough choice eh?

That said, I ruined a chipmunk last year, and a big ugly 6 foot snake.

diamondsgirl
06-03-2005, 12:58 AM
When we go on road trips we play a road kill game called "Guess that Mess". :D

some shit is unidentifiable :confused:

MAX
06-03-2005, 01:14 AM
This racoon just waddled right in front of my car and that was it.

Lights out.

A baby deer ran into the side of my car a few years back...I hated that

I hope I NEVER piss you off while you're behind the wheel. :eek:

Matt White
06-03-2005, 01:42 AM
A couple of summers back My younger Bro and I were traveling down a cuntry road....

A fawn ran out in front of us....

and proceeded to run straight down the middle of the road......

It then turned and ran across the road & jumped the ditch....

Only to get stuck in a fence...

My Bro freed the fawn....

He's killed so many deer, I told him he owed that fawn!

MAX
06-03-2005, 01:46 AM
I know road pizzas are inevidable but any time I've ever witnessed a dog get hit, I fucking lose it and cry.

Matt White
06-03-2005, 01:47 AM
Yeah, a dog getting hit SUCKS!!!:(

A cat too!

Somebody losin' a pet is sad.:(

diamondsgirl
06-03-2005, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by MAX
I know road pizzas are inevidable but any time I've ever witnessed a dog get hit, I fucking lose it and cry.

you're the sweetest :)

...you must shit sugar... :D

MAX
06-03-2005, 02:32 AM
you're the sweetest :)

...you must shit sugar... :D

I get a sense of Deja Vu....I could swear I've seen that somewhere before? :confused:

Must have been two other people? :)

Redballjets88
06-03-2005, 02:36 AM
my uncle ran through a ditch and ran over a mexican...he was alright and for pennants they gave him some beer

MAX
06-03-2005, 02:40 AM
I don't get it and this time I truly mean it? WTF? :confused:

MAX
06-03-2005, 04:35 AM
I've hit:

Hit a cat once but I was only going 3 mph in the middle of a friggin' blizzard and there was four feet of snow already on the ground. Kitty was either dumber than dirt or suicidal. Nonetheless, there was a thud. Kitty did cartwheels and shit. I got out to check but the kitty ran off. So, either it went to a better place or learned a lesson, dunno? Still sucked though but didn't hurt my car. :)

FORD
06-03-2005, 10:29 AM
Never have hit an animal to my knowledge. It's bad enough just to watch a deer go down when someone else hits it

Or a cat, for that matter. One time I saw a cat right after it had been hit. I stopped and helped this poor thing off the road before someone could hit it again. I don't think the cat was going to make it anyway, because it appeared his back was broken. What sucks is that the poor little bastard freaked and dragged himself off into the bushes to die, using only his front legs. It was one time I actually wished I had a gun so I could have ended the poor critter's suffering.

And the real shit of it was that I'd just left the vet hospital where my friends had to put down a sick kitty with cancer.

That was a fucked day for animal karma :(

Golden AWe
06-03-2005, 10:46 AM
We have a problem with the mooses in Funland. Every year, tens of people die because a moose hit their car...it's so dangerous because at the last moment before hitting the car, the moose usually jumps as a reaction, coming in through the windshield...I've had several almost-accidents myself.

Big Fat Sammy
06-03-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
We have a problem with the mooses in Funland. Every year, tens of people die because a moose hit their car...it's so dangerous because at the last moment before hitting the car, the moose usually jumps as a reaction, coming in through the windshield...I've had several almost-accidents myself.

DAMN :(

Mooses are huge too.

I've lost my licence in 3 states, but only hit one animal!

It was a rabbit...actually I didn't hit it...it shot out from the side and hit the front tire head on, right in the hubcap area...causing instant death...or he could have been knocked out cold I suppose.

Guitar Shark
06-03-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
The worst is when it's insult to injury in the middle of nowhere.

This really big DOE jumped out in front of my truck last fall, in the middle of nowhere. There it is, and your radiator is crushed. I was just immediately ultra-pissed, and went back down the road a few feet to convey my sentiments. Right after like the second or third kick to the carcass, I notice a few slow-approaching cars. It's like these roadkill vulture fuckers that probably bait the ditches. "Hey maan, you don't want that do ya?"

They were bleeding it out seconds later while I fumed.

I have a very similar story. A few months ago a work colleague and I were driving in Eastern Washington. This guy owns an H2 Hummer. We're cruising along at about 80 mph when a deer darts out in front of us. We plowed into the poor thing and pulled over. Not a single dent on the H2. There was a wet spot on the front bumper but that was it, lol.

So we find the deer and it's obviously moved on to the next life. We go back to the H2 so my friend can get a pair of gloves to drag the deer off the road. We're walking back to the deer when we notice a car has stopped on the side of the road, behind us. A woman, probably 50 years old, and alone, gets out of the car. Here's the conversation as best I can remember it:

Woman: "You guys ok?"

Us: "Yeah."

Woman: "Any damage to the Hummer?"

Us: "Nope."

[Short pause]

Woman: "What are you gonna do with the deer?"

Us: "Uh, we were gonna drag it off to the side of the road."

Woman (excited): "Can I have it?!"

Us: "Uh, sure..."

Woman: "Do you think it will fit in my trunk?"

Us: "Maybe..."

Woman: "Would you help me lift it into the trunk?"

So my friend helps her put this bleeding, disgusting deer carcass into the trunk of this woman's early 90's model Honda Accord. Then she thanks us profusely and drives off.

Like I said, this woman was at least 50 years old, fairly attractive, and normal looking. I would have never expected anything like this from someone like her. Can you imagine what happened when she got home? "Honey... you won't believe my luck! Look what I found! We'll eat for a WEEK!"

:confused:

True story.

FORD
06-03-2005, 11:23 AM
Must have been somewhere around Moses Lake, right?

Guitar Shark
06-03-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Must have been somewhere around Moses Lake, right?

Good guess, but actually we were driving back from WSU in Pullman. We'd gone about an hour west before it happened.

m_dixon1984
06-03-2005, 11:38 AM
I had the unfortunate luck to hit a dog the first year I was driving. It was a friend's dog and I hit it about a mile from his house. I checked to make sure it was dead before heading down the road to tell the guy's Mom (I was on my way to school and knew my friend wouldn't be there). I felt terrible but once I explained to the mother what happened, she was soooo upset, I felt even worse. I helped her get the dog and made sure she was Ok before leaving. My friend actually took his dog's death quite well but I'll never forget the anguish and sadness I saw from the mother. Certainly has left an impression on me to this day.
<sniff>
M

PS - Dog was a German Shepherd. Very sad (not the type of dog, that I killed it)

PPS - I've hit so many other animals they're not worth mentioning. Back roads in Canada...some days the carcasses pile up so close together you could cross the road without touching the ground.

Figs
06-03-2005, 12:20 PM
ever hit a friggin' animal with your car?

yes

Matt White
06-03-2005, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe

:( Similar problem here in MICHIGAN. From the state DNR, The" state of Michigan is currently home to roughly 2 million deer".

So many deer that people hit them with cars all year long!!! They've started letting people hunt state parks, Use guns from tree stands, and give out a large of licenses i the fall.

superdave
06-03-2005, 09:33 PM
2 squirrels, thats it

FORD
06-03-2005, 09:39 PM
:( Similar problem here in MICHIGAN. From the state DNR, The" state of Michigan is currently home to roughly 2 million deer".

So many deer that people hit them with cars all year long!!! They've started letting people hunt state parks, Use guns from tree stands, and give out a large of licenses i the fall.

How can any state with Ted Nugent living in it have 2 million deer? :confused:

Matt White
06-03-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by FORD
How can any state with Ted Nugent living in it have 2 million deer? :confused:

:DThe rest of us do our part!!!:D

Dave's Bitch
06-03-2005, 10:00 PM
this is a pretty umm......sick thread

Matt White
06-03-2005, 10:02 PM
:D

rustoffa
06-03-2005, 10:49 PM
Put litter in it's place.

SweetSecrets
06-04-2005, 12:37 AM
Hide this thread from Pmark!

SoldMySoul4RnR
06-04-2005, 01:48 AM
Im the biggest softy when it comes to animals, I love em...I got into a fight with a stranger once because he threw a rock at a cat...and I usually never fight, damn it felt good!

I've never hit any animal with my car, I hope to God that I don't ever, but I doubt I'll be that lucky.

What really pisses me off is when you see sickos swerve to try and run over an an animal on the road thats already dead and squashed. Fuckin' heartless pricks.

DeadOrAlive
06-04-2005, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by SoldMySoul4RnR
Im the biggest softy when it comes to animals, I love em...I got into a fight with a stranger once because he threw a rock at a cat...and I usually never fight, damn it felt good!

I've never hit any animal with my car, I hope to God that I don't ever, but I doubt I'll be that lucky.

What really pisses me off is when you see sickos swerve to try and run over an an animal on the road thats already dead and squashed. Fuckin' heartless pricks.

I know how you feel dude... I'm softballs too when it comes to animals... Friggin' love them...

SoldMySoul4RnR
06-04-2005, 03:40 AM
Thats good to hear, mate.

Yeah I'm not violent person, but I'm pretty sure I'd be willing to take on a whole army barehanded if they hurt a pet of mine in any way.

I honestly can't understand how anyone can look an innocent animal in the eyes and want to cause them physical pain, But there's so many fuckers that do.

To me thats one of the most evil crimes imaginable, yet so many people don't care because they're "only animals".

DeadOrAlive
06-04-2005, 03:47 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean dude. Haha that's like the second time i said that too.

The Scatologist
06-05-2005, 04:39 AM
I swerve to try and hit those damn little kids. Fuck them animals.