PDA

View Full Version : Can't get this stuff no more...

SoldMySoul4RnR
06-03-2005, 01:31 AM
Hey Sammy sued Dave when he heard 'Can't get the stuff no more', claiming he stole his chorus melody, right?

Dave could have easily sued the shit outta Sammy when he stole the chrous melody from 'Dance the Night Away' and used it (very badly) on 'Top of the World'. Shows what a fucking hypocrite Sammy is...

Just a little thought!

Or maybe Dave hasn't wasted his time listening to such rubbish, hence why he hasnt sued that fat fuck.

Redballjets88
06-03-2005, 01:32 AM
hagar is a whiny bitch

Alter Bridge
06-03-2005, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
hagar is a whiny bitch

NO

Alter Bridge
06-03-2005, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by SoldMySoul4RnR
'Dance the Night Away'

Cheese

Matt White
06-03-2005, 01:53 AM
"DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY" is cooler than EVERYTHING Spammy ever wrote...COMBINED.

Redballjets88
06-03-2005, 01:57 AM
multiplied by 2 to the 7th power

SoldMySoul4RnR
06-04-2005, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Alter Bridge
Cheese

Who's this guy?

DavidLeeNatra
06-04-2005, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by SoldMySoul4RnR
Who's this guy?

another boring alias...

SoldMySoul4RnR
06-04-2005, 03:52 AM
Yeah, someone needs to put a new spin on this alias thing...we need something fresh hehe.

canadiandlrgirl
06-04-2005, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
"DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY" is cooler than EVERYTHING Spammy ever wrote...COMBINED. hey that's my fav song....Dave da man!!!;)

canadiandlrgirl
06-04-2005, 04:15 AM
NO
yes

Va Beach VH Fan
06-04-2005, 08:48 AM
I've always been of the opinion that both CGTSNM and MWM are medicore CVH songs at best....

I think that in '96, we were in such a desire to hear CVH with new material that they could have put a song with Eddie blowing into Coke bottles and we would have loved it.....

Just my .02....

Terry
06-12-2005, 11:56 AM
MWM and CGTSNM were decent. Both, to me, indicate that CVH had a future in 1996 in terms of putting out new material.

Terms of what Sam did with either of those tunes before Dave got into the studio, who really cares? Basically, nobody was even the slightest bit concerned that Hagar left the band once the word was out that Roth was back in. Plus, hagar has such an occasional record with the truth in interviews that you gotta take anything he says with a grain of salt anyway.

guwapo_rocker
06-12-2005, 01:55 PM
Check Out My Can't Get This Stuff No More Video Here (http://www.angelfire.com/scary/guwapo00/)

danzig
06-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Awesome tribute. Brings back good memories. Dave's flair makes the song better as usual.

MAX
06-12-2005, 09:05 PM
I've been listening to CGTSNM and MWM a lot lately. I go through phases. lol. Anyway, I think it's highly underrated and I'd seriously like to know why the fuck Hagar would claim that Roth would rip him off the least bit? I believe the original version of CGTSNM was a throwaway from that steaming pile "Balance" and the working title was called "Backdoor Shuffle?" Probably one of Spam's many cheesy odes to Michael Anthony. :rolleyes: The only claim that I believe has any validity is that the song structure was completely written as opposed to being in pieces. Much like how "Summer Nights" was a finished song called "Eat Thy Neighbor" with Dave. Hence, making it much easier to complete in a short period of time cos the song structure was already finished.

Regardless, this song rocks and the lyrics are all Dave. You know they are good when Edward stated upon completion in a Guitar World interview that he had no idea as to what "stuff" to which Dave was referring that one couldn't "get." Tis' Dave's ode that Classic Van Halen is just that certain "Stuff" that you cannot get unless he's at the helm.

canadiandlrgirl
06-13-2005, 12:38 AM
Cheese and you are a moron:D

Terry
06-13-2005, 06:03 PM
CGTSNM, lyrically, has Dave written all over it.

MWM, far as the first and second verses go...I can see where Sammy could come up with something like that, although I suspect Ed had some lyrical input on MWM. Far as the pre-choruses and bridge on MWM, comes off like Roth lyrics.