PDA

View Full Version : What's the best SUMMER CVH album?

Vinnie Velvet
06-03-2005, 11:07 AM
Yesterday, I was having a barbecue, chugging down a nice cold brew and playing some CVH!!

I played 1984, from beginning to end.

And I gotta say, the songs from that album really bring out some good summertime fun!

Soaking up the rays, having some good food, drinking, chicks, etc.

To me, 1984 is the perfect summer album.

So, what's your favorite CVH album to play in the summer, outdoors??

DLRisGOD
06-03-2005, 11:33 AM
All of em except Fair Warning... Although FW is one of my favorites, it has a darker edge that doesn't exactly scream "summertime fun"...

VHII is a particular summertime favorite because Beautiful Girls exemplifies what the whole California/Surf/Beach life is about...

davesbitch ih8u
06-03-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by DLRisGOD
All of em except Fair Warning... Although FW is one of my favorites, it has a darker edge that doesn't exactly scream "summertime fun"...

VHII is a particular summertime favorite because Beautiful Girls exemplifies what the whole California/Surf/Beach life is about...

yes i agree there

Big Fat Sammy
06-03-2005, 11:37 AM
1984 !!!!

and Diver Down as well

I'm putting together a CVH CD compilation of nothing but "Summertime songs".

The 1984 songs will be "Top Jimmy" "Drop Dead Legs" and "I'll Wait"

If I wanna hear Jump or Panama or HFT, I'll just turn on the radio!

m_dixon1984
06-03-2005, 11:48 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again...VHII is the only way to bring in summer. Eventually they all get played but on that first summer-like spring day when you can drive with the windows open and top down, turn the knob all the way to 11 so no one can hear you singing along, there's nothing that will put a smile on my face faster.
M

Vinnie Velvet
06-03-2005, 12:15 PM
VHII is great too.

But I still gotta go with 1984.

I think Drop Dead Legs and Girl Gone Bad are great summer tunes.

"Lazy eyes in the summer heat...fresh from outta town..."

Awesome lyrics.

Dave rules.

generalroth
06-03-2005, 12:20 PM
Fuck...All of them rock the house!!!

canadiandlrgirl
06-03-2005, 12:41 PM
for me VH(because it has icecream man on it) or WACF:)

seenbad
06-03-2005, 01:02 PM
I've compiled a summertime (just recently actually) cvh cd that contains:

1. Unchained....just cuz. Not summertime"ish" but it's just a kickass way to get any cd going.

2. Panama

3. Top Jimmy

4. Girl Gone Bad

5. Beautiful Girls

6. Little Guitars

7. Hang em' High

8. Bottoms up

9. Feel your love tonight

10. Ice Cream man

11. Could this be magic

12. In a Simple Rhyme

13. Where have all the good times gone

14. Drop dead legs

15. Me Wise Magic

16. Eruption

Steaks should be done by now and I'm 3 beers deep.

Rinse, lather, repeat. Put the cd player to random. You're not gonna miss with that recipe. ;)

MR.ALIAS
06-03-2005, 01:03 PM
VOA or Three Lock Box

4moreyears
06-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by MR.ALIAS
VOA or Three Lock Box

Pussy

academic punk
06-03-2005, 03:15 PM
For BBQ lounging purposes, VHII by a mile. Diver Down would be my next choice.

These are the most chick-friendly, and the others rock a little too hard and demand too much attention when you're trying to hook up, anyways.

Carmine
06-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Gotta go with Diver Down here...

Phukkin album just SCREAMS summertime to me!

tydhurst
06-03-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.

I fully agree!

WARF
06-03-2005, 07:29 PM
All Van Halen albums sound like summertime!

subwolley
06-03-2005, 07:30 PM
You guys have described my summer thus far to a T! BBQ's, chugging down a cold one, and rockin' out to some =VH=! :cool:

What I do is make my own mix cd of all the classic =VH= songs that remind me of good summer times, and play it at all the pool parties and backyard BBQ's I attend. In fact that is what I'll be doing again this weekend! But after I hit the bars tonight. ;)

Redballjets88
06-03-2005, 07:31 PM
now summertimes here babe need somethin to keep you cool...

rustoffa
06-03-2005, 07:44 PM
Everytime I hear Little Guitars, I'm instantly transported to a simpler time. Sandy boom-boxes, girls slathered in Hawaiian Tropic parading around, and Southern Comfort on ice.

Diver Down was a seaside stalwart and cuntinues to be a damn good summatime soundtrack.

Where Have All The Good Times Gone!?

They're still around.

Redballjets88
06-03-2005, 07:48 PM
good explaination i dont see how anyone can argue with that

Tom Vu
06-03-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
Yesterday, I was having a barbecue, chugging down a nice cold brew and playing some CVH!!

I played 5150, from beginning to end.

And I gotta say, the songs from that album really bring out some good summertime fun!

To me, 5150 is the perfect summer album.

I'm in agreeing with you. Summer nights and my radio...That is all we need...Don't you know...

Fifty One Fifty \m/\m/!!!

superdave
06-03-2005, 09:04 PM
crawl back into your hole, TV, I was hoping maybe you passed away or something

Tom Vu
06-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by m_dixon1984
I've said it before and I'll say it again...5150 is the only way to bring in summer. Eventually they all get played but on that first summer-like spring day when you can drive with the windows open and top down, turn the knob all the way to 11 so no one can hear you singing along, there's nothing that will put a smile on my face faster.
M :D
We celebrate when the games are here...Hot summer nights are my time of the year...

Dave's Bitch
06-03-2005, 09:10 PM
what brings you back to this neck of the woods Tom Vu?

SammySucks1984
06-03-2005, 10:11 PM
I like Van Halen for the summer and vhII is good too but i agree 1984 is amazing. Panama really gets it goin

Wonder Twins
06-03-2005, 10:51 PM
I would say Diver Down. Has a liad back fun kind of feeling to it.

Grant
06-04-2005, 01:25 AM
1984, I always crank up that album when I'm driving to the beach. :cool:

Diver Down is great to put on while having a BBQ with friends.

Van Halen II is ideal on a hot summertime party night with booze and babes.

hollywood5150
06-04-2005, 01:32 AM
1984 or vh2.......... DD is pretty good too

However i think Vh1 WACF and FW are more night time bad boy rock kick ass bar fight type of shit......

the kind you listen to at night while your cruisin in your hot rod...... looking for a phrat party to crash and throw down to....

just my opinion

vanzilla
06-04-2005, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by academic punk

These are the most chick-friendly, and the others rock a little too hard and demand too much attention when you're trying to hook up, anyways.

My choices as well. Also agree with the latter comment. I went to a pool party on Memorial Day....Replaced the Billy Joel CD with BOV1...You would've thought I took a shit in the pool when Eruption came on.

Needless to say - I didn't stay too long. Especially when they took out the VH and replaced it with Folgers Crystals.

vanzilla
06-04-2005, 01:41 AM
Let's not forget that CRAZY FROM THE HEAT is also a kick ass album. I always ring in summer with that one.

Redballjets88
06-04-2005, 01:42 AM
yeah i would never put bov1 just bc there is hagar on it

VHdamaco
06-04-2005, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Tom Vu
:D
We celebrate when the games are here...Hot summer nights are my time of the year...

hey douchebag, long time no see eh?...

i still see you're a fucking vagina nose that is trying to stir up shit...

by the way, you're singing the wrong words to that shitty song...

you should be singing "so ronrey, i'm so ronrey..." just like that motherfucking puppet from team america, becuase all your "friends" who backed you up aren't really your friends, just aliases having fun...

NATEDOG001976
06-04-2005, 07:52 AM
Fair Warning or VH1

Matt White
06-04-2005, 10:47 AM
VHII: DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY, BEAUTIFUL GIRLS, SOMEBODY GET ME A DOCTOR

DD: LITTLE GUITARS, BIG BAD BILL, THE FULL BUG

1984: PANAMA, JUMP, DROP DEAD LEGS

Kickin' Summertime tunes.

superdave
06-04-2005, 10:56 AM
Hard choice-but have to go with VHII--I remember buying the 8 track and to me it was a instant summer classic, in fact I cannot think of any better 'summer' albums....

guwapo_rocker
06-04-2005, 12:21 PM
Fair warning is my fave, BUT

I gotta say as far as summer goes it's Diver Down IMO.

POJO_Risin
06-04-2005, 01:09 PM
Hmmmmm...after a lot of thought...to much...lmfao...

1984 is the classic summer album...

You start off with the fucked up keyboard piece...but past that...you have songs for all kinds of summer shit...

Jump...to blast in the backyard while you are barbecuing and doing scissor kicks in our assless chaps...(c'mon...you know you fucking do it)

Panama--is there a better fucking song to have with the top down? Everyone you pass either knows it...or wants to know it...

Drop Dead Legs--for fucking on the blanket at night...or on the grass for those of you that likes worms up your ass..

House of Pain--for driving over your neighbor's mailbox...or your neighbor...

Top Jimmy--mowing the lawn...with the headphones on...screaming this song at the top of your lungs...so that your neighbors are wondering what in the fuck is wrong with you...

Hot For Teacher--Nothing says family badminton more than this song...and during the badminton...you reminisce to your wife..."Yeah honey...I remember fucking my 12th grade Spanish teacher Ms. Hotanza to this song..." Then right after saying that, spike a shuttlecock off your wife's head so she's more pissed at that than your story of fucking your former spanish teacher...

Girl Gone Bad...again...driving down the road...looking for the primo whore for your nights festivities...

I'll wait...it's about 2 in the morning...your hammered off your ass...sitting on your back porch...or your front porch for those that don't give a fuck...and you pass out remembering "Lisa," the college slut that you didn't have to talk to...but would come to your dorm room to fuck you...then leave when she was finished because it was the college thing to do...

POJO_Risin
06-04-2005, 01:10 PM
I Love Diver Down as well....

mentalpancake
06-07-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by DLRisGOD
I would say that one too.

mentalpancake
06-07-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by academic punk

:eek: Chick-friendly? Any chick that's good for something would appreciate any VH songs, well at least REAL VH.

MmboSlmrCasalad
06-07-2005, 07:44 PM
For me, "Diver Down" epitomizes Summer!

Bandit02
06-08-2005, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.

Gotta agree Carmine! I wore out 3 cassettes that summer. I love'em all but Diver Down is the one that stands out to me

Panamark
06-08-2005, 03:40 AM
I like the compilation approach, theres some great summertime
tunes on all the albums.. But if we have to pick one, then 1984 !

Vinnie Velvet
06-08-2005, 09:06 AM
I'm in agreeing with you. Summer nights and my radio...That is all we need...Don't you know...

So, you finally learned how to edit other's posts by using the quote function?

FUCK YOU, TOM VU.

Go spank yourself with a Van Hagar CD and jerk off to the tune of Dreams to your heart's content.

Fuckin pussy.

Vinnie Velvet
06-08-2005, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin

You start off with the fucked up keyboard piece...but past that...you have songs for all kinds of summer shit...

Jump...to blast in the backyard while you are barbecuing and doing scissor kicks in our assless chaps...(c'mon...you know you fucking do it)

Panama--is there a better fucking song to have with the top down? Everyone you pass either knows it...or wants to know it...

Drop Dead Legs--for fucking on the blanket at night...or on the grass for those of you that likes worms up your ass..

Top Jimmy--mowing the lawn...with the headphones on...screaming this song at the top of your lungs...so that your neighbors are wondering what in the fuck is wrong with you...

Hot For Teacher--Nothing says family badminton more than this song...and during the badminton...you reminisce to your wife..."Yeah honey...I remember fucking my 12th grade Spanish teacher Ms. Hotanza to this song..." Then right after saying that, spike a shuttlecock off your wife's head so she's more pissed at that than your story of fucking your former spanish teacher...

Girl Gone Bad...again...driving down the road...looking for the primo whore for your nights festivities...

I'll wait...it's about 2 in the morning...your hammered off your ass...sitting on your back porch...or your front porch for those that don't give a fuck...and you pass out remembering "Lisa," the college slut that you didn't have to talk to...but would come to your dorm room to fuck you...then leave when she was finished because it was the college thing to do...

Couldn't have said it better myself.

1984 is a great summer album.

And I agree, DD and VH2 are great too.

Shaun Ponsonby
06-08-2005, 10:29 AM

Yea, I'd say 1984 as well.

Carmine
06-08-2005, 10:33 AM
You know, ANYTHING that has Dave attached to it can be defined as "Summer Music". Seriously, any of the 6 pack, EEAS, Skyscraper, ALAE...

picture a hot july night, several beverages and even more women and ANY DLR/VH album just a blastin away...sounds like a perfect evening to me!

HENDRIK-I
06-08-2005, 10:37 AM
I say 194 and EEAS. I know EEAS isnt CVH, but hey CVH is Dave. I had two great summers whit those two albums. 1984: Panama, Girl Gone Bad, Ill Wait, Drop Dead Legs and HFT. EEAS; Ladies Night in Buffalo. Brings back a lot of memories and chicks...

Shaun Ponsonby
06-08-2005, 10:39 AM
Hola senor Hendrik

Donde Vives en Espana?

freqer
06-08-2005, 10:40 AM

HENDRIK-I
06-08-2005, 01:56 PM
Hola Shaun, yo vivo en Catalunya, cerca Barcelona. Pero yo soy de holanda. Solo por dos años vivo en España. I lived in Colombia, Curacao and a bit in Italy. You´ve got some interest in Spain?
And eeh, nice to meet you. Me encantado

Mr. Vengeance
06-08-2005, 04:00 PM
It has to be VHII. The whole album has a summer-in-the-sun feel to it, culminating with Beautiful Girls. Everytime I play it, I think about my best friend and I planning a cross-country trip during the summer.

Chris
06-08-2005, 09:11 PM
I've always been partial to Diver Down. :)

mentalpancake
06-08-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by HENDRIK-I
Hola Shaun, yo vivo en Catalunya, cerca Barcelona. Pero yo soy de holanda. Solo por dos años vivo en España. I lived in Colombia, Curacao and a bit in Italy. You´ve got some interest in Spain?
And eeh, nice to meet you. Me encantado
Holy shit, I understood that. I guess 5 years of Spanish really does pay off.:D

Big Troubles
06-08-2005, 09:50 PM
summer?

Beautiful Girls
Feel Your Love
Dancin in the Streets
You're No Good
Hot for Teacher

DLR'sCock
06-09-2005, 01:29 AM
I have always thought of Diver Down as the perfect summer album!

David Lee Ross
06-09-2005, 02:19 AM
Nothing like classic Van Halens on a hot summer night. Heidi, heidi ho! What is the best Summertime Van Halen album? Hmmm? Well, to make it easy and to narrow this down, I have to remember what my Grandpa McClaren told me. He said, "Boy, you better be on time and put in an honest days work." That's what choosing the best Summertime Van Halens album is like in a indirect facsimile of the situation that has arisen. Magdiliocious and frevilostic to the 3rd power. If you git what I'm saying. To say this is the best Summertime Van Halens album would be doing an injustice to this nation of Van Halens. Jewishprudence would in dicticatorian of it's mandate of common of collusice indescributier choices! Only in America! Do we git choices such as the ones laid out in front of us. I wish all the Van Halens albums a great, great Summertime. Put your salt in the pepper shaker and you see the Van Halen indeed has a best Summertime album. Just take it back. Way back. So it goes a little something like this.

You folks are too kind. No need to thank me. Thank all of your lovely selves and you Army Fans. Only in America. And because I am in such a generous mood, I would like to donate a check to a charity of our choice on behalf of the Army. Only in America!

http://www.sammyhagar.net/forum/images/avatars/214047183842a3e87a6be2f.jpg
Above is a copy of the deferred DLRArmy donation made out instead to a worthwhile charity.

Tom Vu
06-09-2005, 02:53 AM
So, you finally learned how to edit other's posts by using the quote function?

FUCK YOU, TOM VU.

Go spank yourself with a Van Hagar CD and jerk off to the tune of Dreams to your heart's content.

Fuckin pussy.
:o “Thanks for all your cussing, it got my day off to a great start. Great energy.” :rolleyes:

Vinnie Velvet
06-09-2005, 09:24 AM
:o “Thanks for all your cussing, it got my day off to a great start. Great energy.” :rolleyes:

I'm sure it did, after you unloaded on all your pictures of Hagar.

:D

bueno bob
06-09-2005, 11:10 AM
For me, my vote goes to either Diver Down or 1984...

DaLeeRo
06-09-2005, 12:14 PM
absolutely 1984....!

Snow Ho
06-09-2005, 12:32 PM
well i'm not gonna be a dissenter here. i gotta go with diver down and 1984.

Tom Vu
06-09-2005, 02:32 PM
...Fuckin pussy.
http://infomercial.tvheaven.com/asses.jpg
I am what I eat. :p

Vinnie Velvet
06-09-2005, 03:20 PM
http://infomercial.tvheaven.com/asses.jpg
I am what I eat. :p

Um...yeah.

Keep dreaming, Vu.

Maybe those trannies can sprout a clit or something.

But we all know you love DICK!

zeets
06-10-2005, 11:10 AM
VH II

Definately VH II, but if I'm to drunk to get up and change the cd, hopefully someone has enough sense to put on Diver Down.

Big Troubles
06-10-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin

you put a lot of thought into this. LOL Quick whats your wife's name? :D

Kilkmaru
07-12-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by seenbad
I've compiled a summertime (just recently actually) cvh cd that contains:

1. Unchained....just cuz. Not summertime"ish" but it's just a kickass way to get any cd going.

2. Panama

3. Top Jimmy

4. Girl Gone Bad

5. Beautiful Girls

6. Little Guitars

7. Hang em' High

8. Bottoms up

9. Feel your love tonight

10. Ice Cream man

11. Could this be magic

12. In a Simple Rhyme

13. Where have all the good times gone

14. Drop dead legs

15. Me Wise Magic

16. Eruption

Steaks should be done by now and I'm 3 beers deep.

Rinse, lather, repeat. Put the cd player to random. You're not gonna miss with that recipe. ;)

Iv had this playlist for almost a year now Thanks man :)