PDA

View Full Version : Dave Solo Sales Numbers

bedrockboy
06-03-2005, 07:38 PM
Hey all,

I just watched the Dave/Sammy tour video in the bootleg forum (thanks for putting that in there) and was surprised when I saw that YFLM only sold somewhere in the neighbourhood of 65,000 copies (if I remember correctly) & that DLR band sold a similar small number. I'm assuming the Diamond Dave compilation didn't sell anymore than that. Am I the only who has bought ever thing he released? My question is, which Dave CD's have you guys all bought? And if the answer isn't "all of them", which one(s) haven't you bought and why?

cheers
Bedrock

Redballjets88
06-03-2005, 07:39 PM
i have half

DLR7884
06-03-2005, 07:49 PM
riaa.com

DLR7884
Do some research on this.

academic punk
06-03-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by bedrockboy
My question is, which Dave CD's have you guys all bought? which one(s) haven't you bought and why?

At this point, the only one that I don't have is Skyscraper, which I used to on cassette (yeah, that long ago).

What happened to it? I was listening to it while I was driving, and was pissed off that an album as fucking good as EEAS was followed up with that shit. Compounding to my pissed off-ness was some asshole tailgating me. I would tap on my brakes to get the prick to back off, but he would just do it all over again.

Eventually, I tried pulling over to let him go by, but Captain Moron then has to prove what a shithead he is, by SLOWING DOWN to not let me get back in the lane.

My attitude at this point was "Bad enough Dave made this crappy album that I'm TRYING REALLY HARD TO GET INTO, BUT JUST CAN'T, but now I've got this FUCKER giving me grief too???!?"

I opened the driver side window, threw the fucking cassette case at his car. When I saw his reaction I ejected the cassette and threw that at his car too, and then grabbed whatever was handy.

He pulled over, blocking me (this is on the roads alongside the Brooklyn Queens Expressway), so I got out and pulled a bat from the back seat.

I was fucking fuming. "YOU WANNA FUCK WITH ME??? YOU WANNA FUCKING FUCK WITH ME???!!!?" He made some sort of motion, "I'm not afraid of you and your bat", and I took a warning swing.

He saw that maybe he wasn't dealing with the most compos mentis guy in the world, got back in his car, and sped away.

I waited a minute, certain that cops were going to show up any second with guns drawn. I thought about throwing the bat away, but figured if the cops were coming they'd find it anyway.

I started driving. After a while I found my copy of VHII and put that in the player, pulled a cigarette, lit out, and sang along with "D.O.A.".

Good ride.

Anyhoo, I've never bothered replacing that copy of Skyscraper, even when the CD version came out. Though I must say the album did wind up proving it did have some validity (if not artisitic).

bedrockboy
06-03-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
riaa.com

DLR7884
Do some research on this.

what do you want me to research with RIAA? They only show records that went at lease gold, the last certified Dave album was in 1991. The figures I quoted were from VH1. Let me know if you know differently.

TwoFoolsAMinute
06-03-2005, 10:19 PM
I've bought all of them.

Crazy from the Heat twice
EEAS twice
Skyscraper 4 times
ALAE
YFLM
The Best
DLR Band
Diamond Dave

Was reluctant on Diamond Dave. I don't understand really how I've loved everything this guy has ever touched until that one. Diamond Dave just doesn't have it for some reason.

WARF
06-03-2005, 10:36 PM
Quality over quantity!

bigc
06-04-2005, 01:05 PM
EEAS,Skyscraper,ALAE,YFLM.

I dont have DLR band or Diamond Dave, its hard to get hold of here

guwapo_rocker
06-04-2005, 01:28 PM
I have everything except Diamond Dave.

Terry
06-07-2005, 10:29 PM
I was kinda taken aback when I watched that special and it said YFLM only sold 60,000. I had read somewhere (can't remember where, think it may have been the Van Halen Encyclopedia, but can't be sure) that YFLM had moved about 350,000 copies. Would be interested to find out what VH1s source was on that stat.

I know YFLM didn't go gold, but 60,000 just seems really low for that album.

DavidLeeNatra
06-09-2005, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Terry
I was kinda taken aback when I watched that special and it said YFLM only sold 60,000. I had read somewhere (can't remember where, think it may have been the Van Halen Encyclopedia, but can't be sure) that YFLM had moved about 350,000 copies. Would be interested to find out what VH1s source was on that stat.

I know YFLM didn't go gold, but 60,000 just seems really low for that album.

I guess it was about twice as much ... between 120 and 150k

Carmine
06-09-2005, 04:28 PM
I have ALL of Daves solo material.

EEAS - CD and Cass
Sky- same
ALAE- same
YFLM- CD
DLRband- CD and Cass
GH- CD
DD- CD

Last_Child
06-10-2005, 07:32 AM
All of em except DLR Band & YFLM.

All of em are CD's except ALAE which is an LP.

Anonymous
06-11-2005, 08:35 PM
I have everything. And I like everything. I especially enjoy Dave's solo stuff as the music is very varied, but VH has that... well, it has something. Anyway, I really like every single music of every album.

Cheers! :bottle:

Big Troubles
06-12-2005, 08:58 AM
Have them all on cassette and Cd's. Even an LP of EEAS, CFTH and Skyscraper.

Big Troubles
06-12-2005, 09:00 AM
from riaa.com

"Your search for "david lee roth" returned 0 pages. Search time 5.484 seconds." Fast and useless, just a McDonalds employee. :D

Big Troubles
06-12-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
I have everything except Diamond Dave.

what?! Outrageous! www.amazon.ca mo-fucker! :D

Big Troubles
06-12-2005, 09:02 AM
http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/tg/detail/offer-listing/-/B00009LVY2/all/701-5303268-8833941

no excuses! :)

Tiger Roth
06-14-2005, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by bedrockboy
Hey all,

I just watched the Dave/Sammy tour video in the bootleg forum (thanks for putting that in there) and was surprised when I saw that YFLM only sold somewhere in the neighbourhood of 65,000 copies (if I remember correctly) & that DLR band sold a similar small number. I'm assuming the Diamond Dave compilation didn't sell anymore than that.
I remember Metal Sludge reported (about 6 months ago) that Diamond Dave compilation only sold 12,500 copies.

Panamark
06-15-2005, 06:51 AM
After being starved so long of new Dave Rock. Im not surprised
Diamond Dave didnt sell that many copies.

tjvhou812
06-15-2005, 09:19 PM
if you dont have em all....get em:)

Hoongood
06-16-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by TwoFoolsAMinute

Was reluctant on Diamond Dave. I don't understand really how I've loved everything this guy has ever touched until that one. Diamond Dave just doesn't have it for some reason.

That's a sad fact.

Hoongood
06-16-2005, 10:12 PM
I have them all. I dig everything except that boring disappointment, Diamond Dave.

Shaun Ponsonby
06-17-2005, 01:46 PM
I have everything except YFLM, which I am actually getting soon.

steve
06-17-2005, 02:56 PM
CFTH: 3 mil
EEAS 3 mil
Skyscraper 2 mil
ALAE almost 1 mil
YFLM: 350 K
Best of: 250 K
DLR Band 150 K
Diamond Dave ...??? 20K??

bobgnote
06-17-2005, 05:51 PM
That 'business' dude MR. ROTH doesn't even ship PLATINUM anymore. Hey, I'm way, WAY interested, for a Rumplestiltskin dad.

Damn. he must have lost every bit of good, Jewish sense on the way.

Nice work, DAVE. Lose at shipments to the guys who give you cause for your middle-age flareups, ALL NIGHT LONG!
:confused: