PDA

View Full Version : Todd Marinovich

POJO_Risin
06-04-2005, 02:44 PM
I could get into this a lot...but we all know the story...

his Dad breeds the kid to be an NFL quarterback...

I remember reading the article in which he said he'd never had anything from McDonalds...never stepped foot in there because of the program his Dad started for him when he was 4 years old...he'd never had a job...because Dad and he would work for hours after school on quickness drills, release points...and arm strength...

Gee...don't see a problem with that...

POJO_Risin
06-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Oh...he got busted for drugs...

and is going into rehab...

35 year old fucking loser...

Marinovich Ordered Into Drug Rehab Fri Jun 3, 8:16 PM ET

SANTA ANA, Calif. - Troubled former Southern California and NFL quarterback Todd Marinovich was ordered into a six-month drug rehabilitation program Friday, to be followed by six months of outpatient treatment for violating terms of his probation.

The 35-year-old Marinovich, who is in custody, appeared in Orange County Superior Court's drug court program. He was sentenced by Judge Wendy Lindley.

"It's not a drug court program," deputy district attorney Michelle Clesceri said. "It's more like a one-year, 'Let's see if you can get all this done and recover' situation. He did express to the court his willingness to be free of drugs and live a drug-free life."

Marinovich will remain in county jail before returning to court next Thursday. During that time, he will be interviewed by a staff member of the live-in program to determine if he will be accepted, Clesceri said.

Marinovich, who gave his residence as Newport Beach, was first arrested on drug charges in January 1991 while attending USC. He was a first-round draft choice of the then-Los Angeles Raiders later that year, and played with them for two seasons before being released.

Marinovich later played football in Canada and for the Los Angeles Avengers of the Arena Football League, leaving that team in 2001 after being arrested on suspicion of heroin possession.

He was also arrested on drug charges in 1997 and last August, when he was caught skateboarding in a prohibited area carrying methamphetamine and three syringes, police said.

Marinovich pleaded guilty to those charges and was sentenced to 90 days in jail and three years' probation.

The prosecutor said Marinovich's mother was in court with him Friday.

WARF
06-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Robo QB!!!

POJO_Risin
06-04-2005, 02:47 PM
He was arrested LAST FUCKING AUGUST for skateboarding in a prohibited area...carrying drugs and drug paraphenalia...

last August...

fucker's 35 years old...

Good Job Dad...

POJO_Risin
06-04-2005, 02:48 PM
And notice...Dad wasn't in court...Mom was...

let me guess...now he's disappointed in the son he fucking created...

again...

Good Job Dad...

POJO_Risin
06-04-2005, 02:48 PM
Has anyone seen the movie POWDER?

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/topstory/marinovich_todd0328.jpg

WARF
06-04-2005, 02:53 PM
What a piece of shit.

He makes Ryan Leaf look like a hall of famer.

WARF
06-04-2005, 02:54 PM
Remember when Ryan Leaf had a wrist injury, and he was caught golfing the same week?

POJO_Risin
06-04-2005, 02:56 PM
I wonder what the fuck Leaf is doing these days?

probably riding a razor scooter...

what a couple of fucking morons...

yeah...I remember that...

at least golf is an adult sport...

fucking skateboarding...what a dipshit...

DlocRoth
06-04-2005, 03:01 PM
Shit...maybe me and DLoc Jr. need to go out back and smoke a doob.

Tell the old lady the story of Todd Marinovich to make her understand...LOL

POJO_Risin
06-04-2005, 03:07 PM
Can you believe...the father sets up the son his whole life for failure...

then when he fails...the fucker can't even show up for the hearing...what a fuck...

Good support system...as long as Dad can live vicariously through the son...

Guess when Dad was a kid...he didn't want to be a 35 year old skateboarding heroin addict...

so fuck the son...

Some people should be shot...

Nickdfresh
06-05-2005, 05:26 PM
Did that asshole MARINOVICH walk away from the game after half-a-season with a ton of dough? I can't remember...

Well, he made enough to put a TONY HAWK poster over his bed I suppose.

POJO_Risin
06-05-2005, 05:28 PM
He played 2 years for th eRaiders...than was cut...

then spent some time in the CFL and in the Arena League...before getting dumped from both for drugs...

what a piece of shit...