PDA

View Full Version : Judas Priest or Iron Maiden

canadiandlrgirl
06-05-2005, 03:57 PM
Judas Priest is one of my favorite heavy metal bands but i also like Iron Maiden......but if i were to pick one it would be Priest!!!
because i like halfords voice:)
what do you guys think?

The Scatologist
06-05-2005, 04:03 PM
Priest is better in the long run, because you can sorta burn out on Iron Maiden.

MK5150
06-05-2005, 04:13 PM
Iron Maiden but I like Priest as well

Last_Child
06-05-2005, 04:16 PM
hmm..That's Iron Maiden!

Hoongood
06-05-2005, 05:26 PM
Up the Irons!

Hardrock69
06-05-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by canadiandlrgirl
Judas Priest is one of my favorite heavy metal bands but i also like Iron Maiden......but if i were to pick one it would be Priest!!!
because i like halfords voice:)
what do you guys think?

I'll be damned...that is my opinion in a nutshell.

You got your head screwed on straight!!!

Though Dickinson's voice has only gotten better in recent years, while Halford's voice has become shot to hell... :(

canadiandlrgirl
06-05-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

Though Dickinson's voice has only gotten better in recent years, while Halford's voice has become shot to hell... :( i haven't heard halford in awhile....back in the day he was awesome....but i like halford and Dickinson:)

Rikk
06-05-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

Though Dickinson's voice has only gotten better in recent years, while Halford's voice has become shot to hell... :(

No way. I saw them live last summer, and Halford's voice was as amazing as ever. Absolutely incredible.

DeadOrAlive
06-05-2005, 06:59 PM
Iron Maiden... Phantom of the Opera was just a classic. So is Aces High...

Anonymous
06-05-2005, 08:29 PM
I love both these bands, but I'd have to go with Maiden purely because of Dickinson's voice. The man has one of the best voices ever, right up there with Michael Kiske and Freddie Mercury.

Cheers! :bottle:

The Alexster666
06-05-2005, 08:36 PM
wow wow wow...
I will decide next friday when I see PRIEST for the 1st time (so excited) also cause it will be a METAL weekend with MANOWAR on Sunday night!!! fuckin sweet........ so amped up!!!

I agree, with getting burned out on maiden, only in cycles though....i'll go on a maiden bindge...then not put a disk by them in for like a month, then cycle it all over again...

as for priest, never happened.

Fuckin' A.... Give me preist, Maiden and Manowar on a desserted Island... and i'm set musiclly.

canadiandlrgirl
06-05-2005, 08:48 PM
you guys are lucky....you guys get to see or have already seen priest...damn, damn, damn...i want to see them and CVH:(

scottydabodi
06-05-2005, 09:23 PM
you guys are lucky....you guys get to see or have already seen priest...damn, damn, damn...i want to see them and CVH:(

I'm seeing Priest on Wednesday in New Jersey!! If any RothArmy members are going, let me know, we'll have a drink!

scottydabodi
06-05-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
I love both these bands, but I'd have to go with Maiden purely because of Dickinson's voice. The man has one of the best voices ever, right up there with Michael Kiske and Freddie Mercury.

Pussylicker, I'm seeing MANOWAR in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAIL HAIL HAIL HAIL HAIL!!!!!!!!!!!

canadiandlrgirl
06-05-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by scottydabodi
I'm seeing Priest on Wednesday in New Jersey!! If any RothArmy members are going, let me know, we'll have a drink! i wish i could but NJ a little to far for me...i'll have to wait till he comes to Edmonton AB...:(

Hardrock69
06-06-2005, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Rikk
No way. I saw them live last summer, and Halford's voice was as amazing as ever. Absolutely incredible.

Sorry to burst your bubble...I sae Priest 4 times with Halford in the 80s and early 90s, and saw Halford with Fight, 2wo and his latest solo band Halford.

He still has an extremely loud and powerful voice, however more often than not it sounds like he is gargling with sandpaper.

I saw them last summer as well at Ozzfest (Priest and Black Sabbath on the same bill with Slayer?? It was a dream come true!) and I must say that here in Gnashville Halford sounded better than he had in quite some time.

I have been pretty serious about getting bootlegs of any shows/tours he has done since the late 90s (as he was mostly playing dates nowhere near where I was living) and so I am very familiar with how his voice has deteriorated.

You want proof? Just throw in Unleashed in the East from 1979 or Priest Live from 1986. Then either go see him live, or listen to a bootleg of him recently (I posted a link to Priest's March 23rd show in Glasgow in the bootleg section a couple of months back).

I love him dearly, as he is THE METAL GOD, but I will not hide my head in the sand and proclaim that he is "amazing as ever", when I know it is not true.

Get him in the recording studio, and he can still hit some super high notes! I think their studio album Angel Of Retribution is a fantastic piece of work for the most part, but live, Halford just cannot blow my mind the way he used to.

That said, I would advise ANYONE to see these legendary Metal musicians if at all possible, as there is no telling how much longer they will record/tour before hanging their leather and studs up for good.

Hardrock69
06-06-2005, 10:36 AM

Hardrock69
06-06-2005, 10:37 AM

Hardrock69
06-06-2005, 10:37 AM

mentalpancake
06-06-2005, 07:34 PM

I LOVE his voice so I'd have to agree.

Plus I'm seeing Iron Maiden at Ozzfest this year.:D

PumpedUpMidget
06-06-2005, 07:44 PM
Judas Priest

Full Bug
06-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Arent these types of questions suppost to come with a poll in the thread?
Anyway, I pick Maiden, and someone teach CG how to make a poll for christ sakes.....:D

Anonymous
06-06-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by scottydabodi
Pussylicker, I'm seeing MANOWAR in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAIL HAIL HAIL HAIL HAIL!!!!!!!!!!!

You lucky fuck! I have yet to see 'em. What pisses me off is that they came here three - maybe four - times in one year, but back then I was unemployed and didn't have any money... now that I do, WHERE ARE THEY? COME BACK TO PORTUGAL, YOU PRICKS!!!

Anyway, drink a few beers for me and score at least two chicks. One fer you and one fer me, brother! HAIL THE KINGS OF METAL!!!

And ALAN too. :D Cheers! :bottle:

Anonymous
06-06-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by mentalpancake
I LOVE his voice so I'd have to agree.

Plus I'm seeing Iron Maiden at Ozzfest this year.:D

I saw Maiden twice, they KICK ASS. Dickinson's was in top shape last time I saw them. You're in for a real treat, girl. ;)

Anonymous
06-06-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Full Bug
Anyway, I pick Maiden, and someone teach CG how to make a poll for christ sakes.....:D

And I post polls for everything... :lol:

canadiandlrgirl
06-07-2005, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Full Bug
Anyway, I pick Maiden, and someone teach CG how to make a poll for christ sakes.....:D hey now i only gave two choices!! it's not like there was 5 choices:confused:
quit giving me a hard time:(
just kidding:D

Shaun Ponsonby
06-07-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Rikk

I saw Priest in March. Halford's voice ain't shot, considering that he is 51. Didn't scream as much as he used to, but, then, thats understandable.

I'm gonna say Priest, because, well, its Priest isn't it? Maiden are good, but they're not Priest.

I actually believe that Priest were a big inspiration on Maiden (ie-twin guitars etc).

Can I just say that this is the 3rd time we've had this question sice January.

hollywood5150
06-07-2005, 05:29 PM
Iron maiden..............I'll take them........Preist is good also.........

but i'll go with Maiden

Shaun Ponsonby
06-07-2005, 05:29 PM
If you like Priest and Maiden, go to www.dragonforce.com

canadiandlrgirl
06-07-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
I saw Priest in March. Halford's voice ain't shot, considering that he is 51. Didn't scream as much as he used to, but, then, thats understandable.

I'm gonna say Priest, because, well, its Priest isn't it? Maiden are good, but they're not Priest.

I actually believe that Priest were a big inspiration on Maiden (ie-twin guitars etc).

Can I just say that this is the 3rd time we've had this question sice January. oh really!!! i'm sorry:(

Shaun Ponsonby
06-08-2005, 11:11 AM
Its OK-you are not to blame-you weren't here.

Snow Ho
06-09-2005, 12:41 PM
this would be easier for me to decide comparing thier albums. but in general i throw priest in the player more often.

canadiandlrgirl
06-09-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Snow Ho
this would be easier for me to decide comparing thier albums. but in general i throw priest in the player more often. hey i love your avatar:)

Snow Ho
06-09-2005, 02:55 PM
hey i love your avatar:)

yes, someone needs to adjust the lighting in that picture :D

Shaun Ponsonby
06-09-2005, 04:16 PM
but in general i throw priest in the player more often.

Me too!

Love the lyrics too-

"Feels as though nobody cares if I live or die" (Breaking The Law)

"Up here in space, I'm looking down on you" (Electric Eye)

"You will taste the fire on your tounge" (Exciter)

"You're possessing me" (Touch of Evil)

"Here comes the metal meltdown" (Metal Meltdown)

"Thousands of cars and a million guitars screaming with power in the air" (Ram It Down)

"They didn't last and they died as they tried" (Hell Bent For Leather)

"White bolts of lightning came out of nowhere" (Judas Riding)

"Gotta deal with the devil with a heart made of steel" (Deal With The Devil)

"Better be the slaves to their wicked ways" (Metal Gods)

And many more, too numerous to mention...

Soul Reaper
06-09-2005, 04:31 PM
how many times do we have to compare these bands?!

It's getting tedious.

Shaun Ponsonby
06-09-2005, 04:39 PM
Yea, but this time its OK because Canadiandlrgirl started it.

canadiandlrgirl
06-09-2005, 05:43 PM
yes, someone needs to adjust the lighting in that picture :D
:D

canadiandlrgirl
06-09-2005, 05:45 PM
awe thank you you're sweet!!;)

The Eggman
06-09-2005, 06:16 PM
I saw Maiden support Priest 26 yrs ago . The Irons were that good we all wondered wether Priest could follow. They did --- GOOD STYLE! But since then i think Maiden would blow em off. Has anyone else seen em on tour together? Download fest tomorrow for me.

blonddgirl777
06-09-2005, 11:11 PM
I saw Maiden twice, they KICK ASS. Dickinson's was in top shape last time I saw them. You're in for a real treat, girl. ;)

I saw them twice too (in the 80's and 2 summers ago)... he's right!

I vote Maiden 100%... they can really shake my cage!!!

:killer: :killer: :killer: :killer: :killer: :killer: :killer: :killer: :killer:

Shaun Ponsonby
06-10-2005, 12:00 PM
awe thank you you're sweet!!;)

Oh, shucks!

Soul Reaper
06-10-2005, 02:18 PM

Yes, that makes a lot of difference. Sorry :D

RuzDNailz
06-11-2005, 05:19 AM
JP is, and always will be one of the best along with Maiden.
However, I choose Iron Maiden hands down. I saw them many times over the years even with Blayze Bailey! He was OK, but Bruce is
truly *THE* lead singer of that band. Plus, Maiden's bass player is
absolutely amazing (his hands are almost a blur!) Three lead guitar players and one funny drummer who I've met after one show. I met
Bruce Dickinson twice and he is a really cool guy.

RuzDNailz
06-11-2005, 05:32 AM
Here is someone who is a true dedicated bassist.

FasterPussycat
06-11-2005, 09:56 AM
A though call...Judas Priest by a slight margin!!!

Shaun Ponsonby
06-11-2005, 01:06 PM
JUDAS IS RISING