PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Expected to Fire McAuliffe

John Ashcroft
03-04-2004, 12:29 PM
Likely Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry won't wait for party chairmen Terry McAuliffe to resign, as promised, after the November election, but will move to fire him sooner rather than later.

"The Kerry people can't stand McAuliffe. They want their own man in charge of the party, someone they can trust," a top Democrat tells the New York Post's Page Six.

"Kerry deserves someone who is 100 percent loyal to him, not someone who has been subservient to the Clintons for years," he added.

The rap against McAuliffe, who was handpicked for his job by Bill and Hillary Clinton, is that he was less than helpful to Kerry's cause - and secretly seemed to be helping Gen. Wesley Clark.

Only a week after Clark-backer and conspiracy theorist Michael Moore called President Bush a deserter, McAuliffe echoed the charge on national TV, claiming that Bush had gone AWOL during his National Guard days.

The allegation turned out to help Kerry even more, since he had made service in Vietnam his chief national security credential. Meanwhile Clark crashed and burned within weeks of Moore's claim.

Still, presidential historian Douglas Brinkley, whose book "Tour of Duty" chonicles Kerry's Vietnam days, says there's no love lost between McAuliffe and the Massachusetts Democrat.

"Look, Kerry surprised almost everybody in January. I think Terry McAuliffe and the DNC had written him off," Brinkley told "Radio Factor" host Bill O'Reilly last month.

"Clearly Wes Clark was one of their candidates," he added. "Clearly they have Hillary Clinton's [presidential] candidacy in mind. There's no love lost between Terry McAuliffe and John Kerry. There's no closeness there. There's no friendship there."

Link: here (http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/3/4/100739.shtml)

Wayne L.
03-04-2004, 01:34 PM
Terry McAuliffe is the BIGGEST dunce on the planet politically as chairman of the DNC.

Viking
03-04-2004, 02:28 PM
Well, if there's one issue that Kerry and I can agree upon, it's that McAwful is a scumbag and a weasel.

Dr. Love
03-04-2004, 02:32 PM
I wonder why the Presidential nominee gets to fire him. Can no one else?

John Ashcroft
03-04-2004, 02:38 PM
The better question is why didn't Algore fire him last time around?

Jesus Christ
03-04-2004, 02:41 PM
Verily, I have been tempted to fire him Myself. But Dad says We must remain non-partisan.

FORD
03-04-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
Terry McAuliffe is the BIGGEST dunce on the planet politically as chairman of the DNC.

Somebody call Satan and tell him to buy a winter coat. I'm actually agreeing with Wayne :eek:

Junyore Grades
03-04-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ
Verily, I have been tempted to fire him Myself. But Dad says We must remain non-partisan.

I thought Satan was in charge of firing???