PDA

View Full Version : ECW: One Night Stand

Carmine
06-07-2005, 01:13 PM
I, for one, am psyched that this event is being staged this sunday. ECW always put on a good show and I miss it. I hope this gets a good pay per view buy rate and ECW makes a full return.

Thoughts?

Full Bug
06-07-2005, 01:33 PM
Yeah, sending WWE guys over to that show stands to ruin it, just once it would be great if Vince didnt try to put his handprints over everything, Vince doesnt have a fuckin clue what ECW was all about....

Carmine
06-07-2005, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Full Bug
Yeah, sending WWE guys over to that show stands to ruin it, just once it would be great if Vince didnt try to put his handprints over everything, Vince doesnt have a fuckin clue what ECW was all about....

nope not one clue. If Heyman could run it with Vinces financial backing only...Wrestling needs ECW again.

rustoffa
06-07-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
nope not one clue. If Heyman could run it with Vinces financial backing only...Wrestling needs ECW again.

Hey Carmine, I know you're In the general area, did you ever make it to the ECW arena?

We flew up for a couple shows...just a total dump. Pretty scummy area of town as well. Hell, it was a bingo hall....every gritty nuance contributed to the legend and glory years of ECW. It used to be syndicated here, and we'd stay up 'til like 3 in the morning to watch it.

Carmine
06-07-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Hey Carmine, I know you're In the general area, did you ever make it to the ECW arena?

We flew up for a couple shows...just a total dump. Pretty scummy area of town as well. Hell, it was a bingo hall....every gritty nuance contributed to the legend and glory years of ECW. It used to be syndicated here, and we'd stay up 'til like 3 in the morning to watch it.

Nope never made it down. I would have eventually though had they stayed in business. And I had to stay up till 3 am too on Saturday.

The Friday night TNN show was on at 8 pm here.

A bingo hall huh? I thought it was an ELKS Lodge...your description is exactly what ECW stood for though, so its fitting.

ECW...ECW...ECW...ECW...damn I miss that!

rustoffa
06-07-2005, 02:43 PM
Nope never made it down. I would have eventually though had they stayed in business. And I had to stay up till 3 am too on Saturday.

The Friday night TNN show was on at 8 pm here.

A bingo hall huh? I thought it was an ELKS Lodge...your description is exactly what ECW stood for though, so its fitting.

ECW...ECW...ECW...ECW...damn I miss that!

You know it bro. The Elks Lodge was the NYC venue with the balcony around it.

Lotsa good shows there as well.....that place didn't have AC!!!!

Carmine
06-07-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
You know it bro. The Elks Lodge was the NYC venue with the balcony around it.

Lotsa good shows there as well.....that place didn't have AC!!!!

Thats right! New Jack almost killed himself there, as did the Dudley Boys!

Wasn't that the Monday Night Raw original venue?

Redballjets88
06-07-2005, 02:46 PM
wcw was the best

rustoffa
06-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Thats right! New Jack almost killed himself there, as did the Dudley Boys!

Wasn't that the Monday Night Raw original venue?

I've heard that too. Dunno for sure.

Dave's Bitch
06-07-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
wcw was the best

wcw was kinda shitty i thought.ive always as far as wrestling been a wwf/wwe girl

Redballjets88
06-07-2005, 04:44 PM
i liked wcw just because it was doing things and keeping it interesting...and for awhile beating wwf in the ratings...monday night nintro was awesome and nWo was awesome

POJO_Risin
06-07-2005, 05:04 PM
NWA was were it was at...

the ECW may prove to be interesting...since there are a bunch of guys there that the WWF has no fucking chance of signing past this reunion show...

Shane Douglas said that there is a bit of a movement to make this more of an official ECW show...and that there will be people doing things that Vince says not to...

I think that's why you are going to see most of the WWE guys wrestling each other...

Styles is announcing...and just about everyone is returning...can't wait to fucking watch Dreamer and Sandman go up against the Dudleys...

I wonder if Sandman is going to be smoking...lmfao...and downing 6-packs...a move that Stone Cold later stole...

I wonder if Austin is going to show up...

and I hear there are a ton of surprises...

the interesting thing here is that if this works...my bet is that Vince reruns the ECW...at a low budget...as long as he can get TV rights...

it would be interesting...

hollywood5150
06-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Ah wrestling.............my second favorite sport..........

i gew up watching wwf, wccw, awa, and nwa..........

then was......... wwf WcW and ecw........I like the rise of WcW and when in competed directly w/WWF.........

WcW from 1994 to early nineties after they aquired Hogan.....started n.W.o...........and began the Monday night wars..........

that was wrestling.......the second coming of wrestling.........it was great

POJO_Risin
06-07-2005, 05:19 PM
Vince McMahon ruined wrestling...

the best...was when I was a kid...with Vince Sr.

I loved watching the Toronto shows on TV...what the fuck was the name of the place in Toronto that had all those shows?

ECW was back to that local flavor...and back to the originality...

it's about the matches...not the fucking storylines...

hollywood5150
06-07-2005, 05:20 PM
I agree............he and the OTHER Vince and Ed farrera.....ruined wrestling.........

POJO_Risin
06-07-2005, 05:22 PM
Without Vince McMahon...there is no Vince...christ...WTF was his last name...

Vince...aaarrrghhh...can't remember...

hollywood5150
06-07-2005, 05:27 PM
Vince Russo

Full Bug
06-08-2005, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin

I loved watching the Toronto shows on TV...what the fuck was the name of the place in Toronto that had all those shows?
Maple Leaf Gardens? I used to go to shows there all the time, as Billy Red Lyons used to say, Dontya dare miss it!:D

scottydabodi
06-08-2005, 12:12 AM
I, for one, am psyched that this event is being staged this sunday. ECW always put on a good show and I miss it. I hope this gets a good pay per view buy rate and ECW makes a full return.

Thoughts?

I'll be there, watch for the "WARF RULES" sign!! I hate giving Vince my money, but it IS ECW y'know!! I hope Tazz kills someone.

Carmine
06-08-2005, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by scottydabodi
I'll be there, watch for the "WARF RULES" sign!! I hate giving Vince my money, but it IS ECW y'know!! I hope Tazz kills someone.

Good for you, Bodi!! I'd love to go to this.

"WARF RULES" sign huh? LOL!

I'll be looking for that.

To comment on some earlier posts...for me the old NWA pre WCW shows on Saturday and Sunday night on TBS were the best. Gordon Solie, the original 4 Horseman, Buzz Sawyer...

And its great to hear that Joey Styles is calling this ECW show! What about Joel Gertner? That fucker used to make me laugh so hard.

JOEL..."I was banging this girl named Lucy, her ass was nice and juicy, I made her moan as I gave her the bone....GERTNER!!

Vinnie Velvet
06-08-2005, 11:21 AM
Ah yes, ECW.

When wrestling was actually entertaining!

Isn't it just a slap in the face to Vince's current WWE product that the whole ECW Reunion show and their run-in on RAW this past Monday is pretty much stealing the attention away from crap like Triple H vs Batista??

I think so.

Which may not be good since Vince will no doubt ruin the ECW show with run-ins by Edge and others.

POJO_Risin
06-08-2005, 11:30 AM
I hope not...

I'm just hoping that their are some real shoots to this pay per view...

Gertner is working the show as well...

Triple H and Batista...wrestling today is ruined...

I'd Love Vince to say...Heyman...do your thing...

but his fat fucking ego won't let it happen...so fuck it...

I'll take the one show...and live with it...

Vinnie Velvet
06-08-2005, 11:58 AM
Yeah, I hope it doesn't have WWE-wrestler run-ins.

Hey POJ', remember the old AWA days??

Like when Hogan would take on like 3 guys at once.

And wrestlers like Jerry Blackwell, Mad Dog Vaschon, Baron Von Rashki(spelling??), Nick Bockwinkle, etc.

POJO_Risin
06-08-2005, 12:06 PM
Yeah...I remember the pretty good feud between Bockwinkle and Curt Hennig at the time...

I remember the AWA and the NWA had a working relationship...I remember the Road Warriors being the AWA champs...and sitting in the locker room of an AWA show...and an NWA camera "sneaking" up on them...in time to overhear them talking about beating the piss out of...who the fuck was the Indian wrestler in NWA...was outstanding...not the strongbows...that was WWF...christ...Wahoo McDaniel? I think I just made that name up...anyways...they went to the NWA and won the belt there...

I remember the Midnight Rockers dominating the AWA tag titles during the end of the AWA...

Scott Hall was there...I think he was some kind of Lumberjack or some shit like that...

Good Ole' Hogan...aka Thunderlips...and was a heel for the most part...had a great feud with Bockwinkel...

I seem to remember somewhere in PWI it saying there was a tourney at one point...with Bob Backlund, Ric Flair and Nick Bockwinkle...

think about those 3 at the time...all 3 technical wrestlers...no thrills...no spills...before Hogan ruined the game in a sense of technicality...

POJO_Risin
06-08-2005, 12:08 PM
lmfao...Wahoo McDaniel it was...sounds kind of funny now...

POJO_Risin
06-08-2005, 12:10 PM
I just can't get into the new wrestling...I like Cena and Orton a bit...

but the rest can goto hell...

Shawn Michaels is still good in the ring...sells it...

but some of these new guys...the ones with SO MUCH size...are just ridiculous...no skill at all...

Soul Reaper
06-08-2005, 01:58 PM
i've never watched ECW. I'm sure is great and very entertaining.

is ECW fake? i don't know.

--------------------------------------

trust WWE to spoil everything with their 'destroy ECW forever' storyline. I hate Bitchoff!!

Vinnie Velvet
06-08-2005, 01:59 PM
Yeah, Micheals still shows that he can be the showstoppa on occasion.

I agree with the ones with so much size but no skill at all.

You could say the same about Hogan in his heyday.

However, what guys like Batista, Cena, and this new guy called "The Masterpiece" don't have is CHARISMA or good mic skills.

Hogan was so good because of his look, his attitude, the way he could get a crwod going, etc. And that had little to do with actual wrestling skills.

These new guys, even with the mass, can't do anything.

Carmine
06-08-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
i've never watched ECW. I'm sure is great and very entertaining.

is ECW fake? i don't know.

I like the term "Pre-determined" as opposed to "Fake"

But, if there was ever a more real brand of wrestling it was ECW!!!

Check this out, SR...you'll love it!!

Dave's Bitch
06-08-2005, 06:40 PM
HBK is my fav

i love the heart break kid

Dave's Bitch
06-08-2005, 06:42 PM
HHH:who is the show stoppa
HBK:me
HHH:who is the main event

DX was the coolest thing ever,way better than NWO

Vinnie Velvet
06-09-2005, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
HHH:who is the show stoppa
HHH:who is the main event

DX was the coolest thing ever,way better than NWO

Hey Dave's Bitch,

HBK is my fave as well!

And the original DX kicked ass.

Vinnie Velvet
06-09-2005, 09:34 AM
The showstoppa!! Wrestlemania 14 - 1998.

http://www.shawnmichaels2.freewebsitehosting.com/shawn049.jpg

Dave's Bitch
06-09-2005, 02:12 PM
HBK with HIS belt

Dave's Bitch
06-09-2005, 02:14 PM
shawn looks really cute here

Soul Reaper
06-09-2005, 02:20 PM
I like the term "Pre-determined" as opposed to "Fake"

But, if there was ever a more real brand of wrestling it was ECW!!!

Check this out, SR...you'll love it!!

I'm sure I will love it. Looks so much better and exciting than curent WWE will ever be.

staples in the head?! who cares, I'm watching!

Carmine
06-09-2005, 02:33 PM
I'm sure I will love it. Looks so much better and exciting than curent WWE will ever be.

staples in the head?! who cares, I'm watching!

HAHA...way better than WWE...you'll love it!

monkeythe
06-11-2005, 01:35 AM
I just saw the results of the Hardcore Homecoming event, the true ECW reunion show. I don't want to spoil it for anyone but if you liked ECW then you should get the DVD. The announced main event of TAz vs Sabu vs Shane was changed into a BARBED WIRE match and featured an incredible guest appearance by an unexpected ECW great.

Fairwrning
06-12-2005, 05:29 PM
so..what are the odds os somebody getting seriously hurt here....

POJO_Risin
06-12-2005, 05:38 PM
I can't imagine Vince allowing this to do anything...

I guess the Hardcore Reunion at the old ECW Arena did really good the night before...

To bad they couldn't put their efforts together...and make it a whole fucking weekend of ECW...

I guaranfuckingtee you here...that ECW isn't a one night stand...

Vince will ruin it though...in 3 months...you watch...

Heyman and McMahon will be going toe to toe...

Heyman will get fired...and probably start another fed...

Full Bug
06-12-2005, 11:57 PM
Anyone watch the ECW show? I missed it but read the ending and the shoot interviews from Heyman and RVD were great....

rustoffa
06-13-2005, 12:33 AM
Best PPV in YEARS.

Heyman called Edge out for fucking Matt Hardy's wife...the funny thing was Heyman goes "I got two words for you Edge...Matt Fucking Hardy!"

So Edge is like, that's three words.

RVD was unceremoniously accosted by Ryno towards the end of his speel and SABU showed up for some impromtu viloence and the win.

The three-way dance between Little Guido, Super Crazy, and Tajiri was highlighted by an insane balconysault by Super Crazy and the eventual win. Good to see Tracy Smothers one mo time. Where the fuck was Tommy Rich? Oh yeah, he's smokin' some rocks somewhere.

Jericho/Storm culminated with Justin Credible and Jason cheating to win and gettin' some Impact Players props. Jericho busted out the old Lionheart gear. Storm blew a few spots.

Psicosis/Ray-Ray was far from a Lucha deal, but the vicious leg-plancha from Psicosis to Ray-Ray on the rail from the turnbuckle looked like it hurt.

Tanaka/Awesome was everything you'd expect. Broken tables and broken psyches. Absolutely brutal. After 3 or 4 near-death experiences, Awesome got the win and had to be helped off.

Dudleys/Dreamer and Sandman eclipsed the new lows. Sandman got the biggest pop of the night. Ladders, garbage cans, and cheese graters. Bubba went old school grating Dreamers head, then proceeded to warpaint his own face with Dreamers' blood. Dreamer gets the Steve Corino blade job award as he was a total crimson mask mess. This degenerated into a run-in fest cuntplete with Francine and Beula (sp). Dreamer ends up decimated on the mat with Sandy yelling "Somebody get me a beer!!"

Cue the breaking glass.

That's right, with a nod to gimmicks borrowed out comes STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN! SCSA cuts a promo on every WWE superstar in the balcony, and demands they carry their sorry asses to the ring. They (WWE Superstars) proceeded to do just that and get their asses whipped. Bischoff went to the broadcast booth prior to this, and SCSA asked Cactus Jack (Foley) to bring that sumbitch to the ring. Bischoff took finishers from the Dudley's, Ray-Ray, and eventually SCSA himself. Total humiliation.

Stone Cold and Sandman on the entrance ramp side-by-side as the video feed faded.

I probably left out alot of stuff.

Full Bug
06-13-2005, 12:48 AM
A line from Paul Heyman' "I'm not crying, my eyes are red because I was in the back smoking a joint with Van Dam!"
Damm, thats a good one....
"JBL, the only reason you're title reign lasted a whole year is because Triple H doesn't work Tuesdays"
Thats gotta be the line of the year hands down....Who said that one, Paul or RVD?

rustoffa
06-13-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Full Bug
A line from Paul Heyman' "I'm not crying, my eyes are red because I was in the back smoking a joint with Van Dam!"
Damm, thats a good one....
"JBL, the only reason you're title reign lasted a whole year is because Triple H doesn't work Tuesdays"
Thats gotta be the line of the year hands down....Who said that one, Paul or RVD?

Heyman.

The Hawaiian shirt dude wasn't there either. They did a "in memoriam" deal as well. I had no idea Rocco Rock from Public Enemy was gone. RIP.

POJO_Risin
06-13-2005, 01:15 AM
So the pay per view ended with Stone Cold and Sandman on the ramp?

Were they pounding beers?

Maybe Austin is going to lead an ECW resurgence...would love to see it...

it would get him on both shows...and he's always said if it weren't for the ECW...he'd be sitting in a tree stand somewhere trying to figure out why he was "living in a tree..."

POJO_Risin
06-13-2005, 01:18 AM
Yeah...was Sunny there?...for the Candido pop?

Glad that Credible showed up...wouldn't have been the same if the Impact Players weren't all together...

Shane Douglass didn't show his egotistical face?...or Raven?...

and any word from Bam Bam Bigelow?

heard he's been missing since Candido went down...

POJO_Risin
06-13-2005, 01:21 AM
Did Taz do anything?

POJO_Risin
06-13-2005, 01:23 AM
And what about Al Snow?...with Head?

what does everybody want?....

that was an ECW deal before WWF ruined it...

rustoffa
06-13-2005, 01:29 AM
Did Taz do anything?

He came out right before the melee...the Taz/Angle square off kinda kicked it off. Last thing I saw was him choking Angle out on the entrance walkway.

POJO_Risin
06-13-2005, 01:31 AM
I miss the ole' (FTW championship)...lmfao...

Fuck the World Championship...you gotta love that shit...

That fucking belt pissed the Franchise off like nothing else...

rustoffa
06-13-2005, 01:31 AM
And what about Al Snow?...with Head?

what does everybody want?....

that was an ECW deal before WWF ruined it...

He was pouring some beer on head at the end.

J.O.B. Squad!

rustoffa
06-13-2005, 01:35 AM
I miss the ole' (FTW championship)...lmfao...

Fuck the World Championship...you gotta love that shit...

That fucking belt pissed the Franchise off like nothing else...

Speaking of that, they ran the footage of Douglas throwing the NWA belt down. That pissed Flair off like all get-out. Those fuckers just lambasted each other for like a year, and nothing.

THAT is the fucking dream match.

POJO_Risin
06-13-2005, 01:39 AM
What about the bWo...

I heard the blue meanie was going to be there...and hopefully Stevie Richards...who was the fucking man on the mic for ECW...

Big Stevie Cool...

Hollywood Nova...

Da' Blue Meanie...

lmfao...

POJO_Risin
06-13-2005, 01:50 AM
The Flaming Table...with Dreamer rolling through it...

POJO_Risin
06-13-2005, 02:02 AM
And the fucking Dudleys...who can fucking forget the inbred inhabitants of Dudleyville, Bubba Ray, Spike, Snot, Big Dick, Dudley Dudley and Sign Guy. D-Von didn't come until later...and I think he ran out Snot and Dudley...

Of course Gertner gets in the fucking mix...

didn't DVon and Bubby Ray feud before they started tagging?

Carmine
06-13-2005, 09:36 AM
Fucking magnificent show!! It was everything that ECW was, and can be again!! I hope Heyman takes this and runs with it! Mcmahon would be a fool not to capitilze on this. The wrestling world WANTS and needs ECW!!

Even with the WWE "cheese" in attendence, the fans laughing at them, and the RVD and Heyman "shoots", Joey Styles "OH MY GOD!!"...

I loved it!!

Full Bug
06-13-2005, 11:39 AM
BRADSHAW EMBARASSES HIMSELF AND WWE; ATTACKS MEANIE AT END OF PPV

I reportedly shortly before the event last night that I had been told by some former ECW workers that they expected cheap shots from some of the WWE workers when they came into contact with them.

That's exactly what happened at the end of the show.

John Bradshaw Layfield lived up to his reputation of being a thug and a bully when he attacked Blue Meanie with legitimate punches to the face and back of the head in the closing minutes of the ppv. Layfields actions marred what had been a tremendous night for everyone involved and reopened wounds that had been stapled shut after Friday night's Hardcore Homecoming event. Meanie could be seen with his face covered in blood at the end of the program.

Layfield has a long history of being a bully, something that is apparently condoned by those in charge in WWE. He and Meanie also have a history dating back to the short stint Meanie had in WWE a few years ago. Just last week Layfield cut a promo in the ring about Meanie at the Smackdown tapings.

There's no place for something like that in professional wrestling...not even on a "hardcore" pay-per-view. That it's condoned and allowed to continue to happen without any consequence is a sad commentary on the way things are run in WWE.
===========================
Anyone notice that happen?

Carmine
06-13-2005, 11:44 AM
I didnt see that Bug...could it BE seen? I taped it...

Dave's Bitch
06-13-2005, 12:40 PM
EC FN' W

the ppv RULED,WOW ECW was well and truley back.I Loved It

ALinChainz
06-13-2005, 01:35 PM
I thought the crowd response at the end with the big brawl lacked. That place should have been going insane.

It seemed to die way down after Stone Cold came out. Looks like I'm in the minority here, but I thought it could have been a lot better.

Carmine
06-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
I thought the crowd response at the end with the big brawl lacked. That place should have been going insane.

It seemed to die way down after Stone Cold came out. Looks like I'm in the minority here, but I thought it could have been a lot better.

I here ya AL. I think that the "brawl" at the end, and Austin's "run-in" was looked at as more WWE'ish than true ECW.

That was the only part I didn't care for either. If they had just left the WWE involvment to the balcony and not gone "goofy" with the brawl at the end and the Bischoff angle...that stuff is more WWE style not ECW.

Axl S
06-13-2005, 01:58 PM
The place went insane for paul e.that was good to see.i loved the RVD bit,everything he said was so true.the wwe have used him really badly for the past 4 years.RVD was a more extreme HBK in ECW yet vince has turned him into a joke who says shit like "everythings cool when your RVD" and "who doesnt want to see RVD,he's so cool".He sounds like such an ass when he starts with all that crap

Full Bug
06-13-2005, 04:06 PM
I didnt see that Bug...could it BE seen? I taped it...
Not sure, havent seen it yet, but sounds like it happened though....

Blue Meanie Comments On JBL's Shoot Incident Last Night

The Blue Meanie posted the following comments this afternoon on his website's blog (the blog also featured a photo of his face):

What turned out to be a beautiful weekend came to end on a sour note. I guess by now you all know what happened last night between Bradshaw and myself. It's no secret that Bradshaw never liked me from my first day in the WWE to my last. What I did to the guy to piss him off I don't know but then maybe I never needed to know. Bradshaw has always had the rep of being a bully and a liberty taker in the ring and he also has a rep of getting away with it.

Once the ECW/WWE brawl started I paired of with Coach and I felt a punch come from out of nowhere. My first instinct was to hit back BUT I also had the issue of trying to protect the 14 staples I have in my head. I got some rib shots in the best I could but he got the upper hand with going to my face, opening a fresh wound on my forehead and swelling my eye.

All I saw was red as the blood fill me eyes and I believe it was Maven I pulled on top of me to get him to "choke" me. After he got cleared out guys came up to check on me and we went on the other deal with Austin and Bischoff and the big post brawl party in the ring. As F***ed up as what Bradshaw did, the crowd reaction had me so buzzed that I didn’t feel anything.

I got to the back and Bradshaw was in a part of the gorilla position. He came over like he was going to do something else but people got in between. He was yelling about me talking about him on the Internet. The rest of what he said I didn’t hear cause I was too busy saying, “Yo, it’s a work!” and “Dude, the business is a F***in work!!” So I did the best thing anyone could ever do in the situation and just walked away.

I got stitched up and said my good byes. A lot of the guys were pissed and asked what happened. When I told them they were pissed even more. We got home and all I have been doing is popping Aleve and icing my face and reflecting. All this happened over was me calling him a bully. Well John……… you just proved me right.

In closing I want to say thank you to everyone who ran Hardcore Homecoming Friday night. I wanna say thank you to the WWE for giving EC Dub an opportunity to shine last night. I wanna say to the rest of the WWE workers and staff a big thank you for the hospitality. It was great catching up with all of you. To my EC Dub brothers and sisters I wanna say I love you. I was in heaven seeing all of you this weekend and doing it one more time. To the fans I wanna say I love you because with out the fans we wouldn’t have been anywhere without you this past weekend. I will be going back to icing my face and ponder if I will be wrestling on this weekends 3PW show. I will probably pull off of it so I can properly heal these stitches and staples. Plus we all know chicks dig scars.

I love you all!!

Carmine
06-13-2005, 04:19 PM
Fuck Bradshaw!!

What Paul E said to him last night....Bhwahhahahahahhahahahahahah!!

Axl S
06-13-2005, 07:11 PM
Paul E was great on the mic.And what he said to JBL was spot on and possibly the true'st thing ive ever heard.The whole show was amazing,infact the only ppv better this year will be mania

POJO_Risin
06-14-2005, 07:12 AM
I wonder how Heyman and RVD are going to be perceived in the locker room now...I sure the fuck hope that Vince does the smart thing here...and starts running with an ECW angle...

late night Saturday show (instead of that fucking gay ass show that's on now...a WWF recap show...just what we all need...)

and a couple of PPV's a year...

not overdue it...but ride the fucking wave...

POJO_Risin
06-14-2005, 07:15 AM
C'mon...y'all know that the only way Vince would agree to this shit would be to put his signature on it...

we're just lucky Vince didn't walk out after Austin...so it could turn into the Austin vs. Vince bullshit...

Vinnie Velvet
06-14-2005, 09:42 AM
I wonder how Heyman and RVD are going to be perceived in the locker room now...I sure the fuck hope that Vince does the smart thing here...and starts running with an ECW angle...

late night Saturday show (instead of that fucking gay ass show that's on now...a WWF recap show...just what we all need...)

Saturday Nights Main Event was so great back in the 80s.

I used to watch that all the time.

Full Bug
06-14-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
Saturday Nights Main Event was so great back in the 80s.
I used to watch that all the time.
Believe it or not that show is coming back in a the fall, 2 or 3 shows a year a think....Cant see it as being the same though, what made it special at the time was it was the only time you saw good matches for free on TV, but with Raw these days thats the norm anyway....And instead of having a good announcer like Mean Gene they will have a tool like Coach or Michael Cole doing it....

Axl S
06-14-2005, 11:43 AM
the ppv did finnish with advertising Triple H and Batista though didnt it.so in a way vince kinda shit all over the great ppv and started shoveing Triple H down our throats again

Carmine
06-14-2005, 01:06 PM
C'mon...y'all know that the only way Vince would agree to this shit would be to put his signature on it...

we're just lucky Vince didn't walk out after Austin...so it could turn into the Austin vs. Vince bullshit...

I agree in some sense Poj. Vince may, may, let Heyman run with this. In the end all he cares about is the dollars. He has a ton of wasted talent in the WWE locker room who never see any tv time, who are forced to wrestle dark matches on the road and so on. There is a demand for ECW and if there is one thing about Vince, he does listen to the fans. I'm hopeful that ECW will thrive again...hopeful.

Carmine
06-14-2005, 01:13 PM
...I sure the fuck hope that Vince does the smart thing here...and starts running with an ECW angle...

Bingo...

POJO_Risin
06-14-2005, 01:29 PM
HHH and fucking Batista...again...jesus christ...do they even need to wrestle?...just give the fucking belt to HHH...and be done with it...

Dave's Bitch
06-14-2005, 01:34 PM
Batista is a shit champ anyway

POJO_Risin
06-14-2005, 01:39 PM
HHH...an interesting story of success to be honest...

He's not a great wrestler...and not great on the mic...and as my wife says...not great to look at...but...he's a good villian...

but comparatively speaking...look at his contemporary...the guy he'll be compared to the most...

1. Shawn Michaels...better heel in his heydey, and better face for that matter...better wrestler...better looking...better on the mic....

HHH wrode the Michaels wagon to the height of wrestling...got in with the McMahons through Shawn...let Shawn take all the beatings from the family if shit didn't go right...and came out smelling like a rose...

Now HHH...one of the most uncreative wrestlers EVER...is a title reign after title reign...and Michaels...who has been mostly a team player for the better part of 15 years...can't even sniff the belt at this point (as a matter of fact...the rumblings of a Rockers reunion makes me want to puke)...even at this point in Michaels career...he can sell a match 10 x better than LeVesque...but he's not boning the company whore...

Hell...look at Austin...a better wrestler...THE KING OF THE MIC...and he essentially left the company because of HHH...if you read any of his shoot interviews...

You look at a guy like RVD...who has all the tools...

whoever said that RVD was the ECW version of HBK...lmfao...I concur with that completely...

and he's being wasted...

POJO_Risin
06-14-2005, 01:43 PM
At least Batista has talent...and decent power moves...I mean...if the guy could get out of fucking HHH's bullshit shadow...he could be another Goldberg or another what's his face...that fucker that left a year or so ago...

Carmine
06-14-2005, 01:45 PM
At least Batista has talent...and decent power moves...I mean...if the guy could get out of fucking HHH's bullshit shadow...he could be another Goldberg or another what's his face...that fucker that left a year or so ago...

Brock Lesnar?

POJO_Risin
06-14-2005, 01:47 PM
Yeah...Lesnar...

POJO_Risin
06-14-2005, 01:51 PM
The great thing about guys like Angle...and the Big Show...and especially guys like Jericho...

is that they can RULE fucking mic...

You can pretty much see that if there's a "star" wrestler...being placed in a group of wrestlers...or with a manager...then they aren't good on the mic...and shouldn't be anywhere near the top of their profession...

When was the last time HHH WORKED his own angles...without someone else in a group?

NEVER...

Lesnar...had the benefits of Heyman...

Look at Cena and Orton...I personally aren't big fans of theirs...but...I do like the fact that they have some skills...and can work the mic...

Soul Reaper
06-14-2005, 02:10 PM
I JUST WATCHED IT, I taped it!

Fuckin' hell. Out of all the hundreds of WWE shows I've seen on TV, I see one ECW show and I think WWE Sucks!

Great matches and 'oh my god' those moves were brutal.

WWE ruined that PPV. They looked like the Village People. Some of the worst acting ever by JBL (when Heyman says that thing about HHH not working Tuesday). Basically I was so happy with the conclusion. Very good. Best PPV I've ever seen.

WWE is complete pussy boy shit compared to this.

Soul Reaper
06-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Axl S
The place went insane for paul e.that was good to see.i loved the RVD bit,everything he said was so true.the wwe have used him really badly for the past 4 years.RVD was a more extreme HBK in ECW yet vince has turned him into a joke who says shit like "everythings cool when your RVD" and "who doesnt want to see RVD,he's so cool".He sounds like such an ass when he starts with all that crap

any unconverted wrestling marks may be confused by what RVD was saying if they watched it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That moonsault off the balcony Super Crazy did was nuts!!!!

Carmine
06-14-2005, 02:18 PM
any unconverted wrestling marks may be confused by what RVD was saying if they watched it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That moonsault off the balcony Super Crazy did was nuts!!!!

Super Crazy rules!! BUT, the best one I ever saw off a balcony was done by NEW JACK.

That fucker dropped like 40 feet!!

Glad you liked it, REAPER...I told ya!

Axl S
06-14-2005, 02:20 PM
Didnt New Jack stab someone in a match once?

Carmine
06-14-2005, 02:22 PM

Something...recently too I think? I remember a post here in the WWE thread about it.

Soul Reaper
06-14-2005, 02:22 PM

if it's in ECW...probably.

Axl S
06-14-2005, 02:24 PM
i think new jack is a talentless loser anyhow

Carmine
06-14-2005, 02:27 PM
i think new jack is a talentless loser anyhow

Maybe...but his matches or should I say...public bludgeonings were cool!

Axl S
06-14-2005, 02:30 PM
yea because they werent matches,he is one of those guys who call's himself a wrestler because he can hit you with a chair,and jump off high things.

Carmine
06-14-2005, 02:32 PM
yea because they werent matches,he is one of those guys who call's himself a wrestler because he can hit you with a chair,and jump off high things.

and stab you with a shovel, smash you with a shopping cart, whack you with a stop sign, pummel you with a cinder block, light you on fire...

POJO_Risin
06-14-2005, 02:33 PM
I remember that New Jack drop...

The fucking Gangstas...(New Jack and Mustafa Saed)...

and their wars with the Eliminators...(Perry Saturn and John Kronus)...

Mustafa was hurt...and Perry Saturn left for the WCW...

then fucking Kronus and New Jack teamed...lmfao...forming the Gangstanators...

New Jack was famous for dropping off the balcony at the ECW Arena...

easily a 20+ foot drop and putting someone through the table...he got really fucked up once...when he missed...

I thought he signed a WWE contract this year?

I know he couldn't do the NY show because of...lmfao...outstanding warrants...but I think he has a WWE deal...

POJO_Risin
06-14-2005, 02:35 PM
I don't know if he really stabbed someone...or they were planning on using it as an angle...

that's why I think he has a WWE contract...I read somewhere that their plans were to have New Jack "stab" Cena in a bar...and that was going to be his intro into the WWE...

Carmine
06-14-2005, 02:36 PM
I remember that New Jack drop...

The fucking Gangstas...(New Jack and Mustafa Saed)...

and their wars with the Eliminators...(Perry Saturn and John Kronus)...

Mustafa was hurt...and Perry Saturn left for the WCW...

then fucking Kronus and New Jack teamed...lmfao...forming the Gangstanators...

New Jack was famous for dropping off the balcony at the ECW Arena...

easily a 20+ foot drop and putting someone through the table...he got really fucked up once...when he missed...

I thought he signed a WWE contract this year?

I know he couldn't do the NY show because of...lmfao...outstanding warrants...but I think he has a WWE deal...

Really Poj? A WWE deal for New Jack, I hadnt heard that. WHAT could Vince ever do with a guy like him?

Axl S
06-14-2005, 02:36 PM
and stab you with a shovel, smash you with a shopping cart, whack you with a stop sign, pummel you with a cinder block, light you on fire...

exactly,that is the formula for every new jack "match"

Axl S
06-14-2005, 02:37 PM
Really Poj? A WWE deal for New Jack, I hadnt heard that. WHAT could Vince ever do with a guy like him?

send him to OVW so he can learn how to wrestle

POJO_Risin
06-14-2005, 02:38 PM
Carmine...to answer your question...

What Vince loves to do...bring in a "name" and use him to up the amps on one of his guys...

he'd bring him in in a feud with Cena...and get Cena over as a street thug...

He doesn't need to do that anymore...so I'm guessing it's over...

Soul Reaper
06-14-2005, 02:38 PM
I heard the crowd chant 'FUCK JOHN CENA' at some point.

Axl S
06-14-2005, 02:44 PM
I heard the crowd chant 'FUCK JOHN CENA' at some point.

because cena has a grand total of three moves in his arsenal.The FU,The 5 knuckle shuffle and a shoulder block,the rest of a match he just slowley plods his way through with his weak brawling

Soul Reaper
06-14-2005, 02:49 PM
because cena has a grand total of three moves in his arsenal.The FU,The 5 knuckle shuffle and a shoulder block,the rest of a match he just slowley plods his way through with his weak brawling

and his weak rapping

Carmine
06-14-2005, 02:55 PM
Carmine...to answer your question...

What Vince loves to do...bring in a "name" and use him to up the amps on one of his guys...

he'd bring him in in a feud with Cena...and get Cena over as a street thug...

He doesn't need to do that anymore...so I'm guessing it's over...

Oh I agree on Vince using people to get others "over". But, along the lines of these previous posts: New Jack couldn't be New Jack in WWE. None of the ECW guys can.

This is intriguing though...

Axl S
06-14-2005, 03:02 PM
and his weak rapping

of course how could i forget his weak rapping

Soul Reaper
06-14-2005, 03:08 PM
you could say a lot of BAD things about Cena

any good points?

Axl S
06-14-2005, 03:11 PM
you could say a lot of BAD things about Cena

any good points?

no,or non spring to mind anyhow.ill have to think about that

Axl S
06-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Got one.
he isn't "the kid of ruthless aggression" anymore

Vinnie Velvet
06-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Cena sucks.

The idea of him being WWE champion signals all that is wrong with the WWE today.

Axl S
06-14-2005, 03:21 PM
yet the fans love him,isnt it sad.The chain gang for god sake

Axl S
06-14-2005, 03:25 PM
i seriously hope vince opens his eyes soon and realises cena is shit

rustoffa
06-14-2005, 09:14 PM
exactly,that is the formula for every new jack "match"

Pretty much, he is a trained wrestler, but jumping off of balconys and crows-nests will take it's toll on ya after awhile. That fucker has cast his own well being aside more times than I can count.

I can appreciate mat technicians as much as the next mark, and will tell you straight up that Jack Brisco is the best to ever lace 'em up.

Alot of wrestling purists don't go for the "extreme" product. Some of it is crap, without a doubt.

New Jack, went up and down the road with ECW for the better part of 5 years, dishing it out AND taking it. I had the chance to see one particular spot at the Cobb County Civic center where he barely got his arms on Jack Victory (and the table) after about a twenty foot plummet. I was standing RIGHT THERE. The thing is, he took an additional twenty minute BEATING after the fact...I was following the beating through the crowd, and couldn't help but notice he was LIMPING.

The thing is, whether some guy is going forty-five minutes in a highspot superbowl, or jumping off some ledge with extremely poor prep work at the bottom, it's a tough fucking road to hoe.

Bill Goldberg will tell you how fucking tough it is, and he never had to deal with the ECW arena.

BTW, Jack lives right up the road from here, and localizes the Clairmont Lounge. Feel free to drop by and voice your grievances.

:D

scottydabodi
06-14-2005, 09:17 PM
I would just like to give my 2 cent's worth about the ECW PPV...

It fucking Rocked.

Thank you.

scottydabodi
06-14-2005, 09:42 PM
I gotta add somethin' to my above statement...

I can't believe Vince did it RIGHT. I mean, yeah, we all had to sit there and listen to the WWE dimwits run their yaps, but the matches were just great. I will go on record as stating that Mike Awesome lives up to his name. He's a douche, yeah, but that guy can put on, not ONLY a match, but a spectacle. All the matches were at worst(Rey vs Psichosis) good, but at best were excellent. My personal high point for the night was Super Crazy's moonsault off the fuckin BALCONY. He fuckin' rules.

Carmine
06-15-2005, 09:23 AM
I gotta add somethin' to my above statement...

I can't believe Vince did it RIGHT. I mean, yeah, we all had to sit there and listen to the WWE dimwits run their yaps, but the matches were just great. I will go on record as stating that Mike Awesome lives up to his name. He's a douche, yeah, but that guy can put on, not ONLY a match, but a spectacle. All the matches were at worst(Rey vs Psichosis) good, but at best were excellent. My personal high point for the night was Super Crazy's moonsault off the fuckin BALCONY. He fuckin' rules.

You're a lucky guy, Scotty, I would have LOVED to been there.

EC' FUCKIN' W!!

Soul Reaper
06-15-2005, 01:00 PM
I would have also loved to be there, but I live in UK, so tough shit on me

Dave's Bitch
06-15-2005, 05:20 PM
im going to smack down on sunday!!!!!!!!!!

Full Bug
06-15-2005, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Sammy's Bitch
I couldnt be bothered going to a Smackdown house show....If it was the TV taping maybe....

scottydabodi
06-16-2005, 12:08 AM
You're a lucky guy, Scotty, I would have LOVED to been there.

EC' FUCKIN' W!!

Dude, I just watched the PPV on TV... JOEY STYLES IS AWESOME. I can't believe Joey hasn't been paid millions for his talent...

OH MY GOD!! or "Dios Mio!!!"(when Super Crazy moonsaulted off the balcony)

Carmine
06-16-2005, 10:21 AM
Dude, I just watched the PPV on TV... JOEY STYLES IS AWESOME. I can't believe Joey hasn't been paid millions for his talent...

OH MY GOD!! or "Dios Mio!!!"(when Super Crazy moonsaulted off the balcony)

No shit, Joey Styles is awesome. His commentary was as big a part as the action that lured me to ECW.

MrW3
06-16-2005, 04:38 PM
You guys are right on about Vince & Hogan ruining wrestling.

The new guys definitely do not have the mike skills. Gimme' Dusty Rhodes, Superstar Billy Graham, Muraco, Flair (as cocky champion), Tommy Rich, Dibiases (MSW), etc. anyday.

Ray Mysterio is the only masked wrestler and we know who he is!!

Carmine
06-16-2005, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by MrW3
You guys are right on about Vince & Hogan ruining wrestling.

Nah, dude they didnt ruin wrestling. They did quite the opposite, they fucking made wrestling!!

The mistake was taking the 80's to far into the 90's...

Axl S
06-16-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Sammy's Bitch

im going to smackdown on sunday too!!!!!!!!
should be cool

Dave's Bitch
06-21-2005, 08:27 PM

LOL its funny because its true.Cena really isnt ready for the title he has yet.maybe in a couple of years but not now

Mr Badguy
06-30-2005, 07:38 PM
Finally saw it.

(Courtesy of Rustoffa)

Awesome`s match was the highlight of the card for me.

How him and especially Tanaka didn`t get carried out on stretchers beggars belief.

Great show.

Sleaze-Metal
07-08-2005, 09:07 AM
After i saw the "One night Stand" last week by a friend i was surprised that this PPV was so good. I was sure that the WWE would fuck this up, like they all f..up in the last 3 years. But is was nice to watch.
some surprises Mike Awesome, Tanga, The Pitbull Gary Wolf, Balls Mahoney and Axel i never thought that they would apear.
and the biggest surpirse was Sabu,
to see Austin again was fine, but he never somebody that i would call Mr. ECW.
Yeh, the PPV was nice, and brings back good memories of ECW.
WWE is not my game since the last 3 Years anymore. they just suck.
J.