PDA

View Full Version : John Edwards clarifies his comments about Howard Dean

FORD
06-07-2005, 02:05 PM
- We Agree: Working Americans Let Down by the Republican Party
on Monday June 06, @05:15PM

From John Edwards:

What a flap has arisen over a disagreement about the way something is said! I was in Nashville over the weekend, thanking the good people of Tennessee who supported the Democratic presidential ticket this year, when I was asked whether I thought that it was fair to say that people who were Republican hadn’t done a good day’s work. Of course, I didn’t think so, and I said that. I don’t think our DNC chair, Howard Dean, would put it that way again if asked either. I disagreed with him, and I said so. And, I want to be clear, I would have to say so again if I were asked again. I said a lot of good things about Howard’s outreach program and invigoration of the internet as a communication and fundraising tool, but no one wrote about that. Instead the headlines blared that I disagreed with Howard. And then the flap arose: A chasm! A split! A revolt!

Instead, how about: Nonsense!
We are both talking about the Republicans and their failure to address the needs of working people. We both agree with this basic truth: This Republican president and this Republican majority are not doing what they should be doing for working people in this country. That’s a core belief we need to fight for. And what’s more, we agree that we - all Democrats and all working people - should be complaining, criticizing, and generally speaking out about this critical failure of the Republican party and offering our positive vision for America. And we have.

Howard and I have been saying the same thing about this for years. Hear that? The same thing. For years. Have I ever put it some way that Howard wouldn't agree with? Probably. And he put it in a way, once, just the other day, that I can’t agree with, since I come from a place where hard-working people, who are better served by the agenda and passion of the Democrats, somehow still vote Republican. But Howard and I are committed to a 50-state strategy that will reach out to those voters, in North Carolina, and in Kansas, and in Tennessee, across this country and tell the truth about what is happening in this country to their jobs, to their health care, to their forests and streams, to their vision of what this country is and should be.

This President is not fighting for our jobs. His administration has on numerous occasions said that the out-sourcing of American jobs is good for this country. Well, it may be good for Wall Street, but it is lousy on Main Street. If he thinks that jobs moving overseas is good for us, why would he ever fight for American jobs?

Our labor laws have seen weak enforcement during the time we have had this Republican administration in place. Companies that skirt this country’s labor laws have gotten a slap on the hand, and even that has come too slowly. Efforts to allow workers to choose whether to unionize have not been protected in the way that they should, and the mutually beneficial bargain between labor and management that made this country the greatest economic power in the world has been broken, all while the Republican administration and Republican majority stand idle, with their hands dug deep in their pockets.

Those working people I grew up with that I talked about earlier live where I lived, in our rural communities, which is exactly where this Republican president wants to cut broadband extension, firefighter grants and investment and market access programs that will protect our rural jobs. The manufacturing extension program, which helps small manufacturers everywhere stay profitable - and therefore open, gets little support from this President. How are our towns going to remain vital with policies that ignore them? Where will the sons and daughters in our rural communities have to go to find jobs?

And this President has made choices that, if enacted by the Republican majority in Congress, will deny the opportunity to learn the skills for a new job to an untold number of Americans. Vocational and adult education would be cut by 89%. He wants to drastically cut adult education and retraining programs that allow American workers to better their skills either to get ahead or to get a new job when theirs leaves for overseas.

And if you happen to be a working man or woman in the United States military, this Republican president doesn’t support loan forgiveness for your student loans or top quality health care when you get out of the military.

The safety net is eroding. The ladder has been pulled up. This is not new. For more than two decades, the Republican Party has talked about an agenda that addresses concerns of working people while they have passed an agenda that serves the goals of the wealthiest among us. Howard and I know that these are the wrong choices for America. We won’t always use the same words. But we will always fight the same fight: for the dignity, the respect, and the rights of those who built this country, the working people in America.

Your friend,

John

link (http://blog.oneamericacommittee.com/article.pl?sid=05/06/06/2117240&section=&mode=nested&tid=1)

Guitar Shark
06-07-2005, 02:18 PM
Translation: Yes Dean is an idiot, but he's OUR idiot.

Guitar Shark
06-07-2005, 02:33 PM
By the way, FORD, any reason why you chose to start a new thread for this topic, rather than putting it in this (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22380) thread, which is still on the first page of this forum?

Just wondering, because I know you've closed other dupe Edwards/Dean threads. They just happened to be negative towards Dean...

BigBadBrian
06-07-2005, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark

:D :D :D :D :D

BigBadBrian
06-07-2005, 02:43 PM
By the way, FORD, any reason why you chose to start a new thread for this topic, rather than putting it in this (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22380) thread, which is still on the first page of this forum?

Just wondering, because I know you've closed other dupe Edwards/Dean threads. They just happened to be negative towards Dean...

Exactly. Astounding isn't it?

Our Hypocrite Left-Wing Mod in Action....

DrMaddVibe
06-07-2005, 02:58 PM
With the Right mod....MIA!

Warham
06-07-2005, 05:00 PM
Where's Joe Biden's recant?

FORD
06-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Warham

I doubt there will be one, because Biden is a Likud blowing, hairplug wearing, PNAC signing, MBNA enabling phony piece of shit.

Warham
06-07-2005, 05:33 PM
Uh huh.

bobgnote
06-07-2005, 10:43 PM
1. Don't be an idiot for nine months when you should have been telling folks that we need single payer, TO JUSTIFY ANY REACH INTO TAX BASES,
2. Your Dr. Dean forgot the runaway energy inflation from deregulation, even though it's ballooning health care up so much, we don't need terror to happen, just to cost us security-related health care, to cause catastrophic funding collapse, variously,
3. Quit blowing any Tel Aviv spin doctor who comes along (Sharansky had to go, this year, when he said on Meet the press that anti-Zionists are anti-Semites, never mind Arabs being of Abraham),
4. Notice the Gibson film is in ARAMAIC, which says, when Britain, France and the League stuck Orthodox Israel in post-Islamic Palestine, no Roman or Aramaic tortfeasors were around to screw off the ethnicly cleansed Israel.

Enjoy those concerts while you have these. YOU WILL NOT HAVE THEM FOREVER. Costs will KO concerts. Lanky goddam Dean gets the geek money for movement! And he is so stupid, he is a DOCTOR, who canot galvanize Democrats behind vital health care measures, his star issue. Dean sucks donkey-cock with the rest. When he gets the money, better watch how the Sharptons and Deans pander. They lost before, they will do it again and again.

Hey, seen Purple Rain? Goddam o-dee-o-dee-o jerkout guy is an Al Sharpton takeoff, Prince is a JB takeoff, Brown being the hardest in biz until Usher took it this year. Right after Sharpton punked 2004 worse than anybody, in a tight punk race between Dean, Sharpton, and Kerry, who had to have his post-primary punk counted, but he's a BIG ol punk, after all. He shot a pheasant, called it a goose, left it, pissed off Theresa, RIGHT BEFORE THE DAMN ELECTION.

They took Ted's head, used it for awhile but didn't cut cops back enough, so the economy could not restart from the Great Depression. Then FDR let the Japanese attack Pearl, hiding the British and other data from Kimel and Short at Pearl, then court-martialed them!

Kinda SUCKY, aren't Democrats? A practical man would say they should improve, or why bother joining them? They will fundraise to death, just to prove they can get the stupid money, from assholes. Too bad Republicans are the usual alternative, and the Toad Parties are all warty and want money to lose, just like the Democrats.

DrMaddVibe
06-08-2005, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Warham

Same place as his comb...in his back pocket!!!!!!!!

DrMaddVibe
06-08-2005, 01:58 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?f=/chronicle/archive/2005/06/07/MNdean07.TMP&o=1

DrMaddVibe
06-08-2005, 07:33 PM
http://www.all-encompassingly.com/crazy_dean_high.php

4moreyears
06-10-2005, 09:15 AM

Well Said!!!