PDA

View Full Version : Kerry's Yale Grades Similar to Bush's

DrMaddVibe
06-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Tue Jun 7, 5:09 AM ET

Sen. John F. Kerry (news, bio, voting record)'s grade average at Yale University was virtually identical to President Bush's record there, despite repeated portrayals of Kerry as the more intellectual candidate during the 2004 presidential campaign.

Kerry had a cumulative average of 76 and got four Ds his freshman year — in geology, two history courses and political science, The Boston Globe reported Tuesday.

His grades improved with time, and he averaged an 81 his senior year and earned an 89 — his highest grade — in political science as a senior.

"I always told my dad that D stood for distinction," Kerry said in a written response to reporters' questions. He said he has previously acknowledged focusing more on learning to fly than studying.

Under Yale's grading system in effect at the time, grades between 90 and 100 equaled an A, 80-89 a B, 70-79 a C, 60 to 69 a D, and anything below that was a failing grade.

In 1999, The New Yorker magazine published a transcript showing Bush had a cumulative grade average of 77 his first three years at Yale, and a similar average under a non-numerical rating system his senior year.

Bush's highest grade at Yale was an 88 in anthropology, history and philosophy. He received one D in his four years, a 69 in astronomy, and improved his grades after his freshman year, the transcript showed.

Kerry, a Democrat, previously declined to release the transcript, which was included in his Navy records. He gave the Navy permission to release the documents last month, the Globe reported.

Kerry graduated from Yale in 1966, Bush in 1968.

FUCKING IDIOTS!!!!!

steve
06-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Dumb and dumber.
That still doesn't make Bush smart.

DrMaddVibe
06-07-2005, 04:40 PM
But it sure makes those ranting about him a whole lot dumber!

"Have you seen junior's grades?"

Redballjets88
06-07-2005, 04:47 PM
yeah they just say he is stupid because he is southern....they did kinda the same to clinton but instead of dumb he was blissfully unknowing like with the women and stuff he was portrayed like "i didnt know aww shucks"

FORD
06-07-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
yeah they just say he is stupid because he is southern....they did kinda the same to clinton but instead of dumb he was blissfully unknowing like with the women and stuff he was portrayed like "i didnt know aww shucks"

You're the last one who should be commenting on someone else's intelligence (or lack of)

Clinton was probably one of the most intelligent Presidents in history.

Warham
06-07-2005, 05:33 PM
Clinton is very intelligent. Very charismatic as well.

He's also very good at allowing friends and underlings to be the fall guys in his nefarious schemes over the years.

Too clever.

hollywood5150
06-07-2005, 05:35 PM
Obviously Clinton wasn't smart enough...........because if he was...

he would've and should've stayed in Canada

hollywood5150
06-07-2005, 05:36 PM
Deserter....was he??

FORD
06-07-2005, 05:51 PM
No, he had a legitimate student defferment, and a high draft number. And he was in England, not Canada.

Redballjets88
06-07-2005, 06:01 PM
ford once again ur pathetic i wasnt saying clinton was dumb i dont think any president is dumb most are ivy leauge grads you dont see me freaking out everytime someone calls bush dumb so why do you take such offense to everything?

hollywood5150
06-07-2005, 06:05 PM
yeah.....why...........and furthermore........why do you like clinton so much aren't you Canadian???

Redballjets88
06-07-2005, 06:07 PM
its bc canada isnt a country its a spectator of the US they just watch us and wish they were us while complaining...the only good canadians are on the west side

BigBadBrian
06-07-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
its bc canada isnt a country its a spectator of the US they just watch us and wish they were us while complaining...the only good canadians are on the west side

Damn, that's almost good enough to put in a sig. :D

:gulp:

Redballjets88
06-07-2005, 08:33 PM
lol thnx

FORD
06-07-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Damn, that's almost good enough to put in a sig. :D

:gulp:

If it were a coherent sentence maybe.

Or have you been drinking enough cough syrup to successfully translate from imbecile to English.

Of course, living in Virginia, that might be a valuable linguistic asset ;)

Nickdfresh
06-07-2005, 09:10 PM
LOL Clinton was a Rhode's Scholar (which is why he was in ENGLAND studying at OXFORD)...Shows you what pathetic class (and ass-clowns) have wanted to be President since. Fucking D-minuses? You can barely work for a Federal Agency with those shit grades. Must have been nice to have been born with silver spoons up their asses!
http://www.chariho.k12.ri.us/chs/studentwork/rachelg/Chris%20smilingjpg.jpg

Warham
06-07-2005, 09:17 PM
Yep, Kerry was a bum, no doubt about tit.

Nickdfresh
06-07-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Yep, BUSH was a bum, no doubt about tit.

Warham
06-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Bush didn't get four D's.

Nickdfresh
06-07-2005, 10:37 PM
Bush didn't get four D's.

Yes but some how his cumulative average was still a point below KERRY's (88 to 89 I believe if I am not too drunk).

Anyways, THEIR grades are a bit shameful, and I mean that in the most nonpartisan way!

Warham
06-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Yep, that's what happens when your pillows are stuffed with dollar bills.

academic punk
06-07-2005, 10:42 PM
Speaking of grades, do you remember back in the 200 elections a big deal was made that Al Gore got a couple of C's either in his freshmanor sophomore year of college?

I've actually met the Clinton administrations former joke writer - yes, every administration for years and years now has at least two - and the joke they wanted to make about it was for Gore to go to the media and say, "Yes, it's true that in my sophomore year I received a couple of "C"s. But in fairness to myself, that WAS the year I invented the bomb."

BigBadBrian
06-08-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by FORD
If it were a coherent sentence maybe.

Or have you been drinking enough cough syrup to successfully translate from imbecile to English.

Of course, living in Virginia, that might be a valuable linguistic asset ;)

I can interpret Imbecile quite well...I've been reading your rants for quite awhile now. :)

Your insult on the South was typical of the attitude of why the Democrats did so poorly "down here." ;)

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/13315.jpg

FORD
06-08-2005, 11:32 AM
Virginia not in the South?

Robert E. Lee is rolling in his grave right now.

Well, if you look at a map, you'll see that Richmond is more or less the same Latittude as San Francisco, and Northern VA is only one state removed from Canada.

South of WHAT, exactly :D

FORD
06-08-2005, 11:55 AM
Insult on the South, my supposedly Canadian ass!

These two kids from Texas are the biggest fucking imbecile retards to come from that state since the Chimp moved out.

Besides, Texas ain't really the South anyway. But then, neither is Virginia. Even 5th grade geography can tell you that much......

Warham
06-08-2005, 11:58 AM
Virginia not in the South?

Robert E. Lee is rolling in his grave right now.

DrMaddVibe
06-08-2005, 01:59 PM
Do a little google on The Mason-Dixon line and get back to us on that!