PDA

View Full Version : Caught on Tape: Chairman Dean Calls GOP 'White Christian Party'

BigBadBrian
06-07-2005, 07:44 PM
Link and Details to Follow

Dean just needs to SHUT UP! :D

(or maybe not)

Who here thinks that hypocrite FORD will close this thread?

BigBadBrian
06-07-2005, 07:45 PM
It's on DrudgeReport right now. Headlines. I imagine they'll post the link shortly. :)

FORD
06-07-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Link and Details to Follow

Dean just needs to SHUT UP! :D

(or maybe not)

Who here thinks that hypocrite FORD will close this thread?

If you don't get an actual story i will.

BigBadBrian
06-07-2005, 08:08 PM
In S.F., Dean calls GOP 'a white Christian party'
Carla Marinucci, Chronicle Political Writer

Tuesday, June 7, 2005

Democratic National Committee chairman Howard Dean, unapologetic in the face of recent criticism that he has been too tough on his political opposition, said in San Francisco this week that Republicans are "a pretty monolithic party. They all behave the same. They all look the same. It's pretty much a white Christian party."

"The Republicans are not very friendly to different kinds of people," Dean said Monday, responding to a question about diversity during a forum with minority leaders and journalists. "We're more welcoming to different folks, because that's the type of people we are. But that's not enough. We do have deliver on things: jobs and housing and business opportunities."

The comments are another example of why the former Vermont governor, who remains popular with the party's grassroots, has been a lightning rod for criticism since being elected to head the Democratic National Committee last February. His comments last week that Republicans "never made an honest living in their lives," which he later clarified to say Republican "leaders," were disavowed by leading Democrats including Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware and New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson.

Dean was outspoken -- as usual -- as he trolled California this week, stoking his party's coffers, and meeting with grass-roots activists. His San Francisco visit was at the tail end of a cross-country road trip, and Dean said that he will continue to pound the pavement -- and the GOP -- to get the Democratic message across to new voters, particularly in minority communities.

But Dean's style and rhetoric have sparked increasing criticism from inside the Democratic Party in recent weeks -- and gleeful Republicans say they couldn't be happier.

"Where do I sign up on a committee to keep Howard Dean?" crowed GOP operative Jon Fleischmann, publisher of the FlashReport, a daily roundup of California political news and commentary. "He's the best thing to happen to the GOP in ages."

"I'm thrilled he's the DNC chair," says Tom Del Becarro, chairman of the Contra Costa County Republican Party. "Howard Dean is scaring away the middle. People don't like angry people. They like hopeful people.''

But Simi Valley Councilman Glenn Becerra, a staffer with former Republican Gov. Pete Wilson and a Bush appointee to the White House Commission on Presidential Scholars, said Tuesday he was far from amused by Dean's suggestion that Republicans constitute "a white Christian party," and called the Democratic Party chairman "an embarrassment."

"I'm living proof that the (GOP) isn't what Howard Dean is trying to describe,'' Becerra said during a telephone interview. "It's a sad day when Democrats don't have any ideas to put forward, and they have to resort to race politics. President Bush didn't get 40 percent of the Hispanic vote (in 2004) because we're a monolithic, white Christian party."

Dean, speaking in a roundtable discussion Monday, downplayed the controversy over his rhetoric.

"This is one of those flaps that comes up once in awhile when I get tough," Dean said. "We have to be rough on the Republicans. Republicans don't represent ordinary Americans and they don't have any understanding of what it is to go out and try and make ends meet."

Dean said that he had been addressing the matter of Americans standing in long lines to vote.

"What I said was the Republican leadership didn't seem to care much about working people," he said. "That's essentially the gist of the quote."

Still, the words brought sharp rebukes from fellow Democrats such as Biden, who Sunday said Dean "doesn't speak for me ... and I don't think he speaks for the majority of Democrats."

Other Democrats, including Richardson, said such comments hurt Dean's effort to increase Democratic registration, contributions and votes in red states dominated by Republicans.

But Alicia Wang, a DNC member and vice-chair of the California Democratic Party, said that "if there are any criticisms, it comes out of love. It's like family."

Grassroots Democrats "love him," she said of Dean, whose roller-coaster presidential bid drew thousands of new voters and donors to the party before his defeat during the primaries. "People again and again, say, we need him to speak up ... and sound like a Democrat."

But Dean's performance -- and his problems -- have become a concern to deep pocketed donors in California, particularly Silicon Valley, which is the No. 3 ATM for political fund-raising in the country, behind New York and Los Angeles, said Wade Randlett, a key party fund-raiser in the high tech center.

"He's got himself in trouble with social commentary, and that's not what the DNC chair does," Randlett said.

"For small donors, hearing 'George Bush is bad' is enough," Randlett said. "What I'm hearing very clearly from big donors is: tell me how we'll win."

Randlett said Dean has been criticized for not quickly improving the pace of fund-raising for the party with a recent Business Week story suggesting that he has been far outpaced by Republican National Committee chairman Ken Mehlman.

According to the story, the DNC has raised less than half of the $42.6 million raised by the RNC in the first four months of the year.

Dean, whose schedule in San Francisco Monday included the roundtable, a visit to a gay and lesbian house party, and a fund-raiser, called the report "total hooey."

"It's silliness and gossip. We're raising twice as much money as we did in 2003," Dean said. "We're raising a million dollars a week. We're doing fine."

But Republicans note Mehlman wrapped up this third trip as chairman to California last week, and trumpeted an aggressive schedule in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Jose and Sacramento that included hitting Hispanic small business events in Santa Ana, addressing African American voters and women's groups.

"(Ken's) an operative, a tactician," said Fleischman, of FlashReport. "Dean is a politician."

Randlett said he hopes and expects party leaders will soon "have a sit-down" with Dean over his message "that we're smarter than they are, and we ought to be running the country."

It's an approach that appears "shrill, angry and dismissive of all things Republican," Randlett said.

Garry South, a leading Democratic strategist, said of Dean, "the only thing we can hope is that he understands the difference from being a shadow president to being the head of the party when we're out of office."

His job is to "get the Democratic Party ready for the next election," South said. But "if he views himself as the public face of the Democratic Party, then we have a problem."

Dean says the criticism doesn't bother him.

"I'm used to it. Look, this is a tough job. But it's not as tough as running for president."

In His Own Words

Here are some Democratic National Committee chairman Howard Dean's comments while speaking this week with minority community leaders and journalists at a roundtable in San Francisco:

On Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger: "Gov. Schwarzenegger has been a big disappointment to a lot of Californians ... Americans are tired of politicians that break their promise, especially in an area like educatio ... so I think there's going to be a lot of questions about whether the governor really cares about average Californians."

On Schwarzenegger's endorsement of the Minutemen: "This is why I don't agree that there's no difference between Republicans and Democrat ... you would never have heard a Democrats talk like that ... I think the Republicans are always like this. I remember (former Republican Gov.) Pete Wilson ... got elected by victimizing immigrants. Republicans always divide people."

On illegal immigration: "(Democrats) understand we have a border problem. But we think that if you enforce the laws you already have, the people who are already here ... they haven't broken any laws, they paid their taxes, a lot of them are paying into the Social Security system and getting nothing. Those people ought to be on a reasonable track toward citizenship."

On past promises by Democratic officials to minority communities: "It does make a difference that we now have senior management that is African American (and minority) ... which means we're not going to have the white boys' club make all the decision anymore. Everybody's going to be included."

On San Francisco politics: "It's always a pleasure to come to San Francisco because I don't look so liberal when I come to San Francisco."

On the Democrats' strategy for the 2008: "We're trying to resurrect this party. We're going to be in every state. You're not going to see any 18-state strategies. We're going to be in places like Mississippi and Kansas and Idaho. We're going to be in the Republican counties of California from now on; we're not going to try to win by getting San Francisco and Oakland and Berkeley ... we're not going to sit around anymore. We are going to fight back. We haven't been fighting back."

E-mail Carla Marinucci at cmarinucci@sfchronicle.com

link (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2005/06/07/MNdean07.TMP)

Guitar Shark
06-07-2005, 08:15 PM
"I'm thrilled he's the DNC chair," says Tom Del Becarro, chairman of the Contra Costa County Republican Party. "Howard Dean is scaring away the middle. People don't like angry people. They like hopeful people.''

Bingo. This is exactly what I've been saying for a while now.

Listen up Dean!

BigBadBrian
06-07-2005, 08:16 PM
The comments are another example of why the former Vermont governor, who remains popular with the party's grassroots, has been a lightning rod for criticism since being elected to head the Democratic National Committee last February. His comments last week that Republicans "never made an honest living in their lives," which he later clarified to say Republican "leaders," were disavowed by leading Democrats including Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware and New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson.

Dean was outspoken -- as usual -- as he trolled California this week, stoking his party's coffers, and meeting with grass-roots activists. His San Francisco visit was at the tail end of a cross-country road trip, and Dean said that he will continue to pound the pavement -- and the GOP -- to get the Democratic message across to new voters, particularly in minority communities.

But Dean's style and rhetoric have sparked increasing criticism from inside the Democratic Party in recent weeks -- and gleeful Republicans say they couldn't be happier.

"Where do I sign up on a committee to keep Howard Dean?" crowed GOP operative Jon Fleischmann, publisher of the FlashReport, a daily roundup of California political news and commentary. "He's the best thing to happen to the GOP in ages."

But Simi Valley Councilman Glenn Becerra, a staffer with former Republican Gov. Pete Wilson and a Bush appointee to the White House Commission on Presidential Scholars, said Tuesday he was far from amused by Dean's suggestion that Republicans constitute "a white Christian party," and called the Democratic Party chairman "an embarrassment."

Still, the words brought sharp rebukes from fellow Democrats such as Biden, who Sunday said Dean "doesn't speak for me ... and I don't think he speaks for the majority of Democrats."

Other Democrats, including Richardson, said such comments hurt Dean's effort to increase Democratic registration, contributions and votes in red states dominated by Republicans.

Democrats to Dean: "SHUT UP, STUPID!!!!" :D

hollywood5150
06-07-2005, 08:24 PM
I agree with big bad brians comment

4moreyears
06-07-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by FORD
If you don't get an actual story i will.

You still probably will. You close all non-liberal threads...Asshole.

Redballjets88
06-07-2005, 08:31 PM
shit happens

FORD
06-07-2005, 08:49 PM
Biden & Richardson aren't Democrats.

The DLC is on another "Stop Dean" kick because he's not blowing the corporations like "Monica" McAulliffe.

And as usual, Dean was right.

When the BCE selects their issues, they don't play to "Simi Valley Councilman Glenn Becerra", they play to the old confederacy and the ridiculous dominionist hatefest that passes for "religion" down there. That's been their platform since 1980, and it hasn't changed.

hollywood5150
06-07-2005, 08:55 PM
DECAF FORD!...........DECAF!!

Warham
06-07-2005, 09:02 PM
For shame, Dr. Dean!

He attacks the Christian Right, now. That's a good way to get those red states. :D

FORD
06-07-2005, 09:10 PM
The "christian right" is neither.

Warham
06-07-2005, 09:11 PM

DLR'sCock
06-07-2005, 09:22 PM
Unfortunately, he's only telling a partial truth, yes it is a party of white Christians, but let's face it, these Evangelicals get their God from some loon on TV...preachers, give me a break....

People that support this party, have no idea what it means to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, and to follow what God wants from humanity....

Their concerns, hatred, and wanting to control others, while so effortlessly willing to kill people for their own selfish desires of supremacy have left so many lost....

God does not hear you...God does not want this....

Open your eyes, your hearts, and your souls.....

But the lost can always be found...

Warham
06-07-2005, 09:24 PM
But the lost will not find their salvation with Dr. Dean.

DLR'sCock
06-07-2005, 09:28 PM
What I am talking about has nothing to do with Dean....he's a good man, but frustrated....he's done alot of good things, but he's a man nonethelsss....

Dean, says the wrong thing at times, but the Democratic party needs BALLS......I have felt this way for a long time, and Dean has Balls, so I repsect that in him....The Democratic party needs more people with strength, courage and conviction and BALLS!

Whether it will be good or not, I dunno...

Warham
06-07-2005, 09:33 PM
Democrats need a leader that doesn't stick his foot in his mouth every five minutes. That'd be a good start.

FORD
06-07-2005, 09:35 PM
It's ironic that Jesus Christ was harrassed, and eventually killed because He had "balls" and wasn't afraid to speak out against the corrupt power structure of His day.

Does that make Howard Dean the Son of God? No, but other than that, the parallels are astounding. Especially since the Pharisees already crucified Dean once, and he managed a "resurrection" from that.

4moreyears
06-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
conviction and BALLS!

Whether it will be good or not, I dunno...

Good for the GOP for sure.

Nitro Express
06-07-2005, 09:41 PM
The country is always divided over something. At one time it was the slavery issue. Then it was the civil rights issue. Now it's gay rights.

If the Democratic Party continues to support gay marriage they have an uphill battle. There are a lot of Jimmy Carter type Democrats who are white and religiouse. The Republicans don't have all of them, but they will leave and go to another party if the Democrats continue to support something that many mainstream Christians view as a sin.

Sure there's the immoral majority to tap. But hey P. Diddy Colms did his best the last election and nobody in that crowd came out and voted.

In short, young people don't vote, old people do. Old people tend to vote conservative. If the Democrats can get the young voters out, they would win everytime.

Warham
06-07-2005, 09:42 PM
It's ironic that Jesus Christ was harrassed, and eventually killed because He had "balls" and wasn't afraid to speak out against the corrupt power structure of His day.

Does that make Howard Dean the Son of God? No, but other than that, the parallels are astounding. Especially since the Pharisees already crucified Dean once, and he managed a "resurrection" from that.

I've heard everything now.

Jesus wasn't born to wealthy parents in Manhatten, and didn't attend yuppie Northeastern schools. He also didn't marry a Jewish doctor. Je also didn't earn seven plus figures a year in income.

Jesus spoke against corrupt religious leaders, not Caesar, who was the Emperor at the time.

"Give to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s."

4moreyears
06-07-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Democrats need a leader that doesn't stick his foot in his mouth every five minutes. That'd be a good start.

Does one exist???

Nickdfresh
06-07-2005, 09:51 PM

Jesus wasn't born to wealthy parents in Manhatten, and didn't attend yuppie Northeastern schools. He also didn't marry a Jewish doctor. Je also didn't earn seven plus figures a year in income.

Jesus spoke against corrupt religious leaders, not Caesar, who was the Emperor at the time.

Sounds like DEAN's been pretty successful and knows how to manage finances!

Nickdfresh
06-07-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by 4moreyears
Does one exist???

You guys have don't pretty well with one...

Besides, DEAN's just the man behind the curtains now. This post election pomp means nothing....

Warham
06-07-2005, 09:58 PM
Yes, Hillary runs the show.

FORD
06-07-2005, 10:00 PM
Yes, Hillary runs the show.

When Hell freezes over

Warham
06-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Don't deny it FORD.

'Clinton's current numbers are 55% favorable and 39% unfavorable, remaining stable over the past year, but slightly improved from January 2001 through 2003 -- after her husband left office. Clinton's lowest favorable rating of 43% came in January 1996, when Congress had been shut down and at which time her husband also had low public opinion ratings. Sen. Clinton was most favorably evaluated during the Monica Lewinsky/impeachment crisis, reaching an all-time high of 67% favorable in December 1998, presumably as a result of sympathy from the public for her "aggrieved spouse" role at that time.'
http://www.gallup.com/poll/content/?ci=16651

Warham
06-07-2005, 10:06 PM
'Democratic National Committee chairman (and 2004 presidential candidate) Howard Dean has a 35% favorable, 33% unfavorable rating.'

DLR'sCock
06-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Question, how is calling the GOP a "pretty much a white Christian party" an insult? According to recent polling 82% of Republicans consider themselves white christians...

If it's true it's true...

Jesus Christ
06-08-2005, 11:16 PM
Unfortunately, he's only telling a partial truth, yes it is a party of white Christians, but let's face it, these Evangelicals get their God from some loon on TV...preachers, give me a break....

People that support this party, have no idea what it means to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, and to follow what God wants from humanity....

Their concerns, hatred, and wanting to control others, while so effortlessly willing to kill people for their own selfish desires of supremacy have left so many lost....

God does not hear you...God does not want this....

Open your eyes, your hearts, and your souls.....

But the lost can always be found...

It is sad, but true, My son :(

Warham
06-08-2005, 11:19 PM
You better tell Howard Dean about Christ's teachings. All he wants to do is attack hard-working average Republicans who are Christians. I thought we were supposed to be nice to one another. :D

4moreyears
06-08-2005, 11:20 PM
Suprised Ford has not closed this thread.

Jesus Christ
06-08-2005, 11:26 PM

Jesus wasn't born to wealthy parents in Manhatten

No, but I was born the descendant of King David :)

and didn't attend yuppie Northeastern schools.

Ask the rabbis who were in the Temple when I was 12 if I needed school.

He also didn't marry a Jewish doctor.

The Son of Man did not marry because I knew that My purpose was to die at the age of 33, and then to ascend to Heaven. Leaving a wife and children in such a situation would not have been fair unto them. And yes I hath heard of "The DaVinci Code" :rolleyes:

If I had married, she might hath well been a Jewish doctor . What do ye have against Judith Dean anyway?

Je also didn't earn seven plus figures a year in income.

Not even Nero made that much money back then.

Does the son of Bush not claim to be a "religious leader"? Did he not claim Me as his "favorite philosopher" and say that My Dad told him to strike Afghanistan and the Chaldeans??

It seems that thy party will not vote for a candidate who does NOT also claim to be a religious leader. Even when such leaders do not follow My teachings :(

Jesus Christ
06-08-2005, 11:28 PM
You better tell Howard Dean about Christ's teachings. All he wants to do is attack hard-working average Republicans who are Christians. I thought we were supposed to be nice to one another. :D

I will talk to Howard if ye talk to the Son of Bush. George doesn't listen to Me anyway.

Warham
06-08-2005, 11:29 PM
Bush says he seeks you for guidance every night.

Are his prayers going unanswered, seeing as how you are saying that you never talk to him?

I thought all who seek Christ will find him...

Jesus Christ
06-08-2005, 11:36 PM
Bush says he seeks you for guidance every night.

Are his prayers going unanswered, seeing as how you are saying that you never talk to him?

I thought all who seek Christ will find him...

Those who truly seeketh Me do so in spirit and in truth. The son of Bush can not seek me while he is stealing and killing from an entire nation, and lying about it. If George truly seeketh me, he will repent before the nations for his crimes.

Warham
06-08-2005, 11:37 PM
I wonder if Saddam Hussein has repented for his killing and stealing from his own people yet...

Jesus Christ
06-08-2005, 11:38 PM
I wonder if Saddam Hussein has repented for his killing and stealing from his own people yet...

I don't know, but I'll ask Dad.

4moreyears
06-08-2005, 11:39 PM

Jesus wont care, he is not a christian.

Warham
06-08-2005, 11:41 PM
Why would Jesus ask the Father? Jesus is the judge on the Last Day.

Jesus Christ
06-08-2005, 11:41 PM
Jesus wont care, he is not a christian.

I care about everyone. He's just in another jurisdiction. I can tell you that Mohammed really wasn't impressed by Saddam, and Dad will definitely take his viewpoint into His consideration.

Jesus Christ
06-08-2005, 11:44 PM
Why would Jesus ask the Father? Jesus is the judge on the Last Day.

But we aren't at the sentencing phase yet, are we?

There is still time for plea bargaining, to use thy legal terms.

Warham
06-08-2005, 11:46 PM
I would submit that if left unchecked, Saddam would have committed more evil and heinous crimes in his own country rather than having the U.S. invade and committing 'war crimes'. Prove me wrong.

Jesus Christ
06-08-2005, 11:49 PM
Do the words "Vengeance is MINE sayeth the Lord" ringeth a bell, My son?

4moreyears
06-08-2005, 11:49 PM
I would submit that if left unchecked, Saddam would have committed more evil and heinous crimes in his own country rather than having the U.S. invade and committing 'war crimes'. Prove me wrong.

Impossible when you are right.

Jesus Christ
06-08-2005, 11:54 PM
Impossible when you are right.

I am always right. I'm the Son of God :cool:

Warham
06-08-2005, 11:57 PM
You can't have vengeance on Saddam. You said he was out of your jurisdiction just a few posts ago.

Jesus Christ
06-09-2005, 12:01 AM
You can't have vengeance on Saddam. You said he was out of your jurisdiction just a few posts ago.

But My Dad also goes by the name "The Lord", does He not?

And everyone is under His jurisdiction.

Warham
06-09-2005, 12:03 AM
Yes, but your Father laid the power to judge everyone at your feet because of your sacrifice. If you don't have jurisdiction, then he doesn't because of the binding contract.

Jesus Christ
06-09-2005, 12:07 AM
Yes, but your Father laid the power to judge everyone at your feet because of your sacrifice. If you don't have jurisdiction, then he doesn't because of the binding contract.

Tell that to the Jews and the Muslims, My son. Ye know that, and I know that, but they hath not yet been convinced.

BTW, Dad tells Me that He hath heard more from Saddam in the last few months than He had for about 40 years previously. I would guess he is concerned about his trial.

Obviously, I know first hand what that's like. Except I wasn't guilty.

Warham
06-09-2005, 12:13 AM
Saddam's a secularist.

Redballjets88
06-09-2005, 12:15 AM
actually jesus was guilty of the accusations of claiming to be the messiah....but he wasnt lying

Jesus Christ
06-09-2005, 12:18 AM
Saddam's a secularist.

Yes, he was. Surely ye hath heard of those who are in prison finding their spritual side, My son. Would I hath told My disciples to visit those in prison if this were not the case.

Saddam is not the arrogant man he once was. Verily, he cannot afford to be.

Jesus Christ
06-09-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
actually jesus was guilty of the accusations of claiming to be the messiah....but he wasnt lying

Being the Messiah was not a crime, My son.

DrMaddVibe
06-09-2005, 09:56 AM
Senator Obama Says Dean Using 'Religion to Divide'

Written by Marc Morano, CNSNews.com Senior Staff Writer

Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) criticized Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean Wednesday night for using "religion to divide."

Obama told reporters gathered at the Rock the Vote awards dinner at the National Building Museum in Washington, D.C., that Dean needs to tone down his rhetoric. Dean said on Monday that the Republican Party was "pretty much a white, Christian party."

"As somebody who is a Christian myself, I don't like it when people use religion to divide, whether that is Republican or Democrat," Obama said. "I think in terms of his role as party spokesman, [Dean] probably needs to be a little more careful and I suspect that is a message he is going to be getting from a number of us," Obama explained.

"We are at a time in our country's history that inclusive language is better than exclusive language," he added.

Former Democratic National Committee Chairman Terry McAuliffe, also attending the Rock the Vote event, empathized with Dean.

"I was [DNC] chairman for four years -- it's a tough job -- he's doing a great job," McAuliffe told Cybercast News Service.

"I gave one piece of advice [to Dean]. I said 'Howard, you are about to become a human fire hydrant,'" McAuliffe said, referring to a conversation he had with Dean before he became DNC chairman.

Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona seemed pleased that Dean had made the latest in a series of controversial statements.

"Howard Dean is the gift that keeps on giving," McCain told Cybercast News Service outside the Rock the Vote event.

© 2005 CNSNews.com. All Rights Reserved

Warham
06-09-2005, 01:32 PM
I love McCain's comment.

Guitar Shark
06-09-2005, 02:08 PM
DEAN CALLS REPUBLICANS FAT, UGLY

Apologizes for Omitting Insults from Recent Tirade
Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean apologized today for calling Republicans “pretty much a white, Christian party,” saying that he failed to mention that they were “fat and ugly” as well.

Dr. Dean offered the clarification at a press conference at the DNC headquarters in Washington, D.C., telling reporters, “Any characterization of Republicans as white and Christian is unfair, since it totally omits the fact that they are pretty much the party of the fat and the ugly, too.”

The notoriously outspoken DNC chief immediately drew the ire of leading Republicans who objected to his characterization of Republicans as predominantly white, Christian, fat and ugly.

Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-Tenn) lashed out at Dr. Dean from the floor of the Senate, saying, “Anyone who says that Republicans are white, Christian, fat and ugly is only telling part of the story, and Dr. Dean owes an apology to all nonwhite, non-Christian Republicans who are skinny and attractive.”

But hours later, Dr. Dean continued to stoke the controversy with his response to Sen. Frist’s remarks: “I knew I was forgetting something – Republicans are really stupid, too, and Bill Frist, in my opinion, is not even a real doctor.”

In the aftermath of Dr. Dean’s latest remarks, leading Democrats were mulling what to do about their volatile party chief, exploring a range of options including driving him out to the country and ditching him along a secluded road.

Elsewhere, jurors in the Michael Jackson trial passed a note to the judge today, asking for the name of a really good literary agent.

http://www.borowitzreport.com/Default.asp

DLR'sCock
06-09-2005, 04:10 PM
OMG ROFL!!!!! Fat and ugly??? Oh you know he's right about that!!!!

lmfao!!!!!

If only he really said that!

DrMaddVibe
06-09-2005, 04:13 PM
If only he really said that!

He will just give him time!

DLR'sCock
06-09-2005, 06:44 PM
Well, hey the truth is, the truth...so fucking what?

FORD
06-09-2005, 07:00 PM
http://img103.echo.cx/img103/3628/449xm.jpg

FORD
06-09-2005, 07:58 PM
6/9/2005
Howard Dean Will Fuck Your Shit Up (Redux):
The Rude Pundit's said it before and he'll say it again: Howard Dean will fuck your shit up. Stand that motherfucker up at the gates of hell. Let that son of a bitch loose in the dainty Democratic china shop and let's break some fuckin' dishes. Howard Dean knows the score, man; he knows that the faithful, those who actually believe that the fight is not the path to surrender, want a spokesperson who's willing to pick up the unpinned grenade that just landed near him and shove it up the ass of the enemy who tossed it. Goddamn, it would have been magnificent to have seen him debate the President. On stage, Bush would have been begging for the privilege to lick the sweat off Dean's balls.

Listen to the crowd at the Take Back America conference last week, who are almost orgasmically gasping in joy at the viciousness with which Dean attacked the Republicans, calling them the party of people "who never made an honest living in their lives," with a "dark, difficult, dishonest vision" of America. Then, in an effort to clarify his remarks this past Monday in a talk with minority journalists, Dean said the Republicans are "not very friendly to different kinds of people. They're a pretty monolithic party. They pretty much--they all behave the same and they all look the same, and they all--you know, it's pretty much a white, Christian party. And the Democrats here adopt everybody you an think of in our party."

Challenged on the Today show yesterday by Matt "Behold My Stubbly Mane That Indicates I Am a Grown-Up" Lauer, Dean picked up Lauer, slammed him on the faux coffee table and whispered, calmly, in Lauer's ear that Democrats are tired of being the bottoms of the political fuck machine. He said, "They have the agenda of the conservative Christians...the Republicans don't include people. Look, they are outside the mainstream." And Dean wasn't afraid to invoke truly inclusive Democratic ideas: "They have used words like quota to try to separate black from white Americans. They did scapegoat gay Americans by putting an anti-gay amendment on it--in 11 states where gay marriage is already against the law. And they are attacking immigrants. Two--two Republican congressmen, Jim Sensenbrenner and Tom Tancredo, have incredible anti-immigrant legislation. This is not the way America needs to be." Calling out motherfuckers for fucking their mothers is as brutally truthful as politics gets.

While the right wing media has tried to portray the Democrats as turning against Dean. Andrea Mitchell, who hasn't seen Alan Greenspan's personal interest rate rise in years ("C'mon, Al, gimme more than a quarter percent"), reported Monday that Dean was "making Democrats nervous." And there's quotes out there where people like Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi say Dean doesn't speak for all Democrats. But surely there's some confusion in the ranks, when such a prominent, public face of the party takes off the gloves. More than anything, it's like a bunch of Missouri high schoolers around the lockers in 1963, when the first guy walked in after summer break with long hair. Sure, sure, everyone teased him for being gay or girly. But then everyone saw the Beatles on Sullivan, and barbers went broke. Watch for John Edwards' response on his blog to become a standard reply. Or at least it ought to, because if everyone says the same thing, then the story of "nervous Democrats" becomes boring.

This manufactured uproar over Dean all started in earnest (this time) with his appearance on Meet the Press on May 22, where, in so many words, Dean said, "Republicans are vile cocksuckers who deserve nothing less than to be shit on by legions of diarrhea-ridden cows. They have fucked up the Congress, the Presidency, the judiciary, and the world. Now why should I play nice with those goddamn evil powermad assholes like Tom DeLay?" And then the fun started, with Bill O'Reilly, who really ought to be sodomized with a microphone, vomiting out that Howard Dean was "a bitter and increasingly incoherent man." Last night, O'Reilly attacked Dean again, saying he was "nonsensical." But, of course, O'Reilly also was begging Dean to come on his show. Because, you see, Bill O'Reilly is a five-buck-a-blow whore.

Look, Dean's the party chair. His job is to raise money, rally the troops, and bring people into the party. His success or failure is measured in bank accounts and mailing lists. And he's a failed presidential candidate. The party establishment could have tossed him out to the exile pile with Al Gore, who keeps making amazing, passionate, intelligent speeches with all the impact of a fly fart at a System of a Down concert. But instead, the Democratic power elite decided to use Dean and his grassroots army of e-mail savvy warriors to regain relevance. They knew what they were getting. And if Dean becomes the lightning rod, so much the better for whoever is running in 2008.

Besides, ain't it fun to watch Hannity and Coulter and Gingrich and Hume and all the other hate-filled sociopaths flail about and try to take Dean down? You've seen Dean's arms? Big, thick sons of bitches. He can bear it. And he can throw it back at them. As long as those behind him don't put him in handcuffs.
// posted by Rude One @ 9:39 AM

http://rudepundit.blogspot.com/

BigBadBrian
06-09-2005, 09:57 PM
Joe Biden ought to feel pretty good about now. Being distanced from that moron.

:gulp:

DLR'sCock
06-09-2005, 10:14 PM
6/9/2005
Howard Dean Will Fuck Your Shit Up (Redux):
The Rude Pundit's said it before and he'll say it again: Howard Dean will fuck your shit up. Stand that motherfucker up at the gates of hell. Let that son of a bitch loose in the dainty Democratic china shop and let's break some fuckin' dishes. Howard Dean knows the score, man; he knows that the faithful, those who actually believe that the fight is not the path to surrender, want a spokesperson who's willing to pick up the unpinned grenade that just landed near him and shove it up the ass of the enemy who tossed it. Goddamn, it would have been magnificent to have seen him debate the President. On stage, Bush would have been begging for the privilege to lick the sweat off Dean's balls.

Listen to the crowd at the Take Back America conference last week, who are almost orgasmically gasping in joy at the viciousness with which Dean attacked the Republicans, calling them the party of people "who never made an honest living in their lives," with a "dark, difficult, dishonest vision" of America. Then, in an effort to clarify his remarks this past Monday in a talk with minority journalists, Dean said the Republicans are "not very friendly to different kinds of people. They're a pretty monolithic party. They pretty much--they all behave the same and they all look the same, and they all--you know, it's pretty much a white, Christian party. And the Democrats here adopt everybody you an think of in our party."

Challenged on the Today show yesterday by Matt "Behold My Stubbly Mane That Indicates I Am a Grown-Up" Lauer, Dean picked up Lauer, slammed him on the faux coffee table and whispered, calmly, in Lauer's ear that Democrats are tired of being the bottoms of the political fuck machine. He said, "They have the agenda of the conservative Christians...the Republicans don't include people. Look, they are outside the mainstream." And Dean wasn't afraid to invoke truly inclusive Democratic ideas: "They have used words like quota to try to separate black from white Americans. They did scapegoat gay Americans by putting an anti-gay amendment on it--in 11 states where gay marriage is already against the law. And they are attacking immigrants. Two--two Republican congressmen, Jim Sensenbrenner and Tom Tancredo, have incredible anti-immigrant legislation. This is not the way America needs to be." Calling out motherfuckers for fucking their mothers is as brutally truthful as politics gets.

While the right wing media has tried to portray the Democrats as turning against Dean. Andrea Mitchell, who hasn't seen Alan Greenspan's personal interest rate rise in years ("C'mon, Al, gimme more than a quarter percent"), reported Monday that Dean was "making Democrats nervous." And there's quotes out there where people like Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi say Dean doesn't speak for all Democrats. But surely there's some confusion in the ranks, when such a prominent, public face of the party takes off the gloves. More than anything, it's like a bunch of Missouri high schoolers around the lockers in 1963, when the first guy walked in after summer break with long hair. Sure, sure, everyone teased him for being gay or girly. But then everyone saw the Beatles on Sullivan, and barbers went broke. Watch for John Edwards' response on his blog to become a standard reply. Or at least it ought to, because if everyone says the same thing, then the story of "nervous Democrats" becomes boring.

This manufactured uproar over Dean all started in earnest (this time) with his appearance on Meet the Press on May 22, where, in so many words, Dean said, "Republicans are vile cocksuckers who deserve nothing less than to be shit on by legions of diarrhea-ridden cows. They have fucked up the Congress, the Presidency, the judiciary, and the world. Now why should I play nice with those goddamn evil powermad assholes like Tom DeLay?" And then the fun started, with Bill O'Reilly, who really ought to be sodomized with a microphone, vomiting out that Howard Dean was "a bitter and increasingly incoherent man." Last night, O'Reilly attacked Dean again, saying he was "nonsensical." But, of course, O'Reilly also was begging Dean to come on his show. Because, you see, Bill O'Reilly is a five-buck-a-blow whore.

Look, Dean's the party chair. His job is to raise money, rally the troops, and bring people into the party. His success or failure is measured in bank accounts and mailing lists. And he's a failed presidential candidate. The party establishment could have tossed him out to the exile pile with Al Gore, who keeps making amazing, passionate, intelligent speeches with all the impact of a fly fart at a System of a Down concert. But instead, the Democratic power elite decided to use Dean and his grassroots army of e-mail savvy warriors to regain relevance. They knew what they were getting. And if Dean becomes the lightning rod, so much the better for whoever is running in 2008.

Besides, ain't it fun to watch Hannity and Coulter and Gingrich and Hume and all the other hate-filled sociopaths flail about and try to take Dean down? You've seen Dean's arms? Big, thick sons of bitches. He can bear it. And he can throw it back at them. As long as those behind him don't put him in handcuffs.
// posted by Rude One @ 9:39 AM

http://rudepundit.blogspot.com/

Ah, gimme a hell yeah!

Warham
06-09-2005, 10:26 PM
Dean's supposed to keep his mouth shut and make money. At least that's what I think that hag Pelosi said.

FORD
06-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Dean's supposed to keep his mouth shut and make money. At least that's what I think that hag Pelosi said.

And the hag Pelosi is another PNAC whore.

Warham
06-09-2005, 11:11 PM
By the time we get through the list, FORD, Dean will be the only non-sellout left in your party.

I think it's time to vote for Nader next go around.

Your party has left you behind.

FORD
06-09-2005, 11:21 PM
By the time we get through the list, FORD, Dean will be the only non-sellout left in your party.

I think it's time to vote for Nader next go around.

Your party has left you behind.

Not so at all.

Barbara Boxer's been kicking ass in the Senate.

John Conyers is starting the ball rolling which should have happenned on 9-12-2001 if not sooner.

The Congressional Black Caucus over all have been exemplary public servants through the nightmare of this regime.

Edwards doesn't have an official position right now, but he'll do fine as long as he remembers his "two Americas" speech and ignore the DLC memos.

Shit, even Judas isKerryot has been a better Senator after the election than he was before. Still don't trust the guy myself, but I'm hoping he keeps moving in the correct direction.

As the BCE house of cards crumbles, true leadership will prevail eventually.

BigBadBrian
06-10-2005, 07:38 AM

As the BCE house of cards crumbles, true leadership will prevail eventually.

Yeah, right. :D

http://www.iowapresidentialwatch.com/images/cartoons/TimeOutMd.JPG

kentuckyklira
06-10-2005, 07:59 AM
So now you´re bashing a guy for telling the truth!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

4moreyears
06-10-2005, 09:00 AM
I, Like Ford, support Howard Dean as head of the DNC. Thanks for aall you do Howard.

4moreyears
06-10-2005, 09:00 AM
I, Like Ford, support Howard Dean as head of the DNC. Thanks for all you do Howard.

academic punk
06-10-2005, 09:06 AM
No need to post it twice. It wasn't funny the first time.

Nickdfresh
06-10-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by academic punk
No need to post it twice. It wasn't funny the first time.

It never is...;)

DrMaddVibe
06-10-2005, 01:44 PM
It's not funny until someone loses it on stage with a microphone and Unka Tom Harkin gazing with his loving approval!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargggggh!

Then...its just fucking hilarious!

Warham
06-10-2005, 02:42 PM
If these liberals here were honest with us...and let's face it, they won't be...they would tell you that Dean is not even as close to being as moderate as Hillary Clinton, and that's saying something.

Hillary makes her husband look like a conservative Republican, by contrast.

FORD
06-10-2005, 02:57 PM
If these liberals here were honest with us...and let's face it, they won't be...they would tell you that Dean is not even as close to being as moderate as Hillary Clinton, and that's saying something.

Hillary makes her husband look like a conservative Republican, by contrast.

Obviously you haven't been paying attention. Hillary has pandered so far to the right lately that she makes Bill look like Dennis Kucinich by comparison.

Howard Dean, on the other hand, still advocates the same common sense true moderate positions that he did as governor of Vermont, and in his Presidential campaign last year.

The neocon fascists have driven this country so far to the extreme right that Barry Goldwater would look like a liberal now, and Teddy Roosevelt would be branded a communist!

Nickdfresh
06-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Hillary's not pandering to anybody. I've read articles in the past that state that she's actually always been more to the center than BILL on most substantive issues.

Warham
06-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Please, Bill's become the Elder Bush's surrogate son. More liberal than Hillary my ass.

:D

Warham
06-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Obviously you haven't been paying attention. Hillary has pandered so far to the right lately that she makes Bill look like Dennis Kucinich by comparison.

Howard Dean, on the other hand, still advocates the same common sense true moderate positions that he did as governor of Vermont, and in his Presidential campaign last year.

The neocon fascists have driven this country so far to the extreme right that Barry Goldwater would look like a liberal now, and Teddy Roosevelt would be branded a communist!

Liberals have made John Kennedy look like a conservative. He actually believed in tax cuts.

Nickdfresh
06-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Liberals have made John Kennedy look like a conservative. He actually believed in tax cuts.

Yeah, and GEORGE BUSH has made conservatives look like FDR with all their pork-barrel DEFICIT spending!
http://www.federalbudget.com/chart.gif

Seven$Billion and counting....

FORD
06-10-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Yeah, and GEORGE BUSH has made conservatives look like FDR with all their pork-barrel DEFICIT spending!http://www.federalbudget.com/chart.gif

Except FDR actually did worthwhile things with the money. Like pull this country out of the Depression, which was caused by Prescott Bush and his Hitler funding criminal Wall Street partners.

Just as the next Depression will be :(

FORD
06-10-2005, 03:18 PM
Hillary's not pandering to anybody. I've read articles in the past that state that she's actually always been more to the center than BILL on most substantive issues.

Her first involvement in politics was with the Goldwater campaign in 1964. Maybe she never really went "left".

kentuckyklira
06-11-2005, 05:11 AM
Yeah, and GEORGE BUSH has made conservatives look like FDR with all their pork-barrel DEFICIT spending!
http://www.federalbudget.com/chart.gif

Seven$Billion and counting.... Cool, at the end of Bush´s presidency you´ll be paying more for interest than for anything else!

Way to go, USA!

BigBadBrian
06-11-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by kentuckyklira
Cool, at the end of Bush´s presidency you´ll be paying more for interest than for anything else!

Way to go, USA!

We could get our Defense bill down if the Europeans paid their fair share.

:gulp:

kentuckyklira
06-11-2005, 11:23 AM
We could get our Defense bill down if the Europeans paid their fair share.

:gulp: Why should we pay for you alienating as many countries as you can in as short a time as possible??

Ally_Kat
06-12-2005, 03:23 PM
Her first involvement in politics was with the Goldwater campaign in 1964. Maybe she never really went "left".

Ford, you're smarter then to make a comment like that.

And I can't beleive you're promoting what is basically partisan hate-speech. You do realzie that this kind of shit talking is pushing Republicans like me who don't vote down the line AWAY from the Democratic party, right? If he's the voice and that's the image that he want to portray, then count me out of wanting anything to do with that party.

It's one thing to get tough, "grow balls", and call a party out on their practices and it's another thing to just sling insults.

I know you guys want the party to come back strong, but ther are other ways to do it.

BigBadBrian
06-12-2005, 03:38 PM
Why should we pay for you alienating as many countries as you can in as short a time as possible??

Duck!!!!

That concept went right the hell over your head.

I'm talking about the defense of Europe, dipshit, not Iraq. :rolleyes:

kentuckyklira
06-12-2005, 04:33 PM
Duck!!!!

That concept went right the hell over your head.

I'm talking about the defense of Europe, dipshit, not Iraq. :rolleyes: Well, I´d feel a whole lot safer if the USA pulled their bunch of goons out of my country. Better today than tomorrow!

Warham
06-12-2005, 04:39 PM
Goons? Is that what you call the guys in our military?

:rolleyes:

kentuckyklira
06-12-2005, 04:54 PM
Goons? Is that what you call the guys in our military?

:rolleyes: Nat always, but my self-restraint sets in occasionally!

:p

Ally_Kat
06-12-2005, 10:39 PM
Well, I´d feel a whole lot safer if the USA pulled their bunch of goons out of my country. Better today than tomorrow!

Well, the only reason they got there is because you guys went on a rampage and decided to burn a couple of Jews and a few other groups while trying to cleanse the world race.

I'll tell my "goon" relatives you said hi ;)

kentuckyklira
06-13-2005, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Well, the only reason they got there is because you guys went on a rampage and decided to burn a couple of Jews and a few other groups while trying to cleanse the world race.

I'll tell my "goon" relatives you said hi ;) True, and what do you know,

somehow we figured out that invading harmless countries for dubious reasons ain´t the best idea ever!