PDA

View Full Version : Katherine Harris to Run for Senate in 2006

BigBadBrian
06-07-2005, 08:50 PM
Katherine Harris to Run for Senate in 2006
Tuesday, June 07, 2005

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Republican U.S. Rep. Katherine Harris (search), who was praised and vilified for her role as Florida's secretary of state in the 2000 presidential recount, said Tuesday she will run for the U.S. Senate next year against Democratic incumbent Bill Nelson (search).

Her announcement brings a high-profile name and the potential to raise a substantial amount of money to a race that Republicans already have said they would target.

"Today, after months of encouragement from friends and constituents, colleagues and advisers, many prayers and with the love and support of my family, the time has come to launch a campaign for the U.S. Senate," Harris told The Associated Press.

Harris, who is serving her second term in Congress, will formally announce her plans in July. The Sarasota woman considered running for Senate last year after Bob Graham (search) announced his retirement. After weeks of speculation, she said she would run later, just not in 2004.

Running against an incumbent may be a more difficult challenge, but Harris is considered a top fundraiser and is a popular figure among Republicans.

"Humbled by the task ahead but knowing in my heart that one of the greatest honors in life is having a chance to make a difference in the lives of others, I am confident I can accomplish more for the people of Florida, and experience reminds me I've always done best when I've started out as the underdog," Harris said.

Link (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,158825,00.html)

FORD
06-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Is she going to count her own votes :rolleyes:

hollywood5150
06-07-2005, 08:54 PM
hey ford did you read my other post

4moreyears
06-07-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Is she going to count her own votes :rolleyes:

What do you care Canadian?

FORD
06-07-2005, 09:47 PM
http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/e1/9c/231357-resized200.JPG

Nickdfresh
06-07-2005, 10:13 PM
I missed this thread, are you part CANADIAN FORD?

Warham
06-07-2005, 10:15 PM
FORD said he lived three hours south of Vancouver in a thread. That's where it all started. Apparently, somebody doesn't know their geography very well.

Nickdfresh
06-07-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Warham
FORD said he lived three hours south of Vancouver in a thread. That's where it all started. Apparently, somebody doesn't know their geography very well.

LOL At least they knew VANCOUVER was in CANADA.:D