PDA

View Full Version : Bush Pardons

4moreyears
06-09-2005, 12:12 AM
President Bush pardons seven

Wednesday, June 8, 2005 Posted: 6:57 PM EDT (2257 GMT)

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush granted pardons to seven people Wednesday, including a man court-martialed by the Air Force in 1978.

Bush has issued 46 pardons and sentence commutations during 52 months in office.

His father, former President George H.W. Bush, issued 77 pardons during his single term, from 1989 to 1993, according to statistics collected by the University of Pittsburgh law school.

Former President Clinton granted clemency to 456 people during his eight years in office, including 176 on his last day at the White House.

Some pardons, like the one President Ford gave Richard Nixon in 1974, protect recipients from going to jail or cut short their sentences. But Bush has granted clemency mainly to allow people who committed relatively minor offenses and long ago served their sentences to clear their names.

Those granted pardons Wednesday were:

# David Thomas Billmyer, North Port, Florida, making a false claim, sentenced December 1978 to two months hard labor following a court- martial.

# William Charles Davis, Blacksburg, Virginia, income tax evasion, sentenced August 1983 to two years probation and a $10,000 fine.

# Richard Ardell Krueger, Rock Hill, South Carolina, mail fraud, false information on a government housing loan application, sentenced May 1979 to three years probation and a $1,000 fine for mail fraud, sentenced October 1980 to 15 months in prison on the other charge.

# Michael Mark McLaughlin, Bedford, New Hampshire, conspiracy to commit mail fraud, sentenced August 1983 to 27 months in prison, five years probation and $20,827 in restitution.

# Billie Curtis Moore, Waterford, Michigan, income tax evasion, sentenced July 1977 to two years probation and a $10,000 fine.

# James Edward Reed, Kaufman, Texas, conspiracy to possess marijuana with intent to distribute, sentenced January 1975 to 18 months in prison and two years special parole.

# Scott LaVerne Sparks, Pana, Illinois, theft of government property, sentenced May 1989 to three years probation.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/06/08/presidential.pardons.ap/index.html

Boy was Clinton a scumbag to parden his buddies. Especially former Congressman Mel Renolds the former Scum bag congressman from Illinois.

DrMaddVibe
06-09-2005, 10:03 AM
Yeah, he was a scumbag.

Ask Susan McDougal!

Ask Vince Foster!

Ask Ron Brown!

Yeah, he was a real scum.

Guitar Shark
06-09-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by 4moreyears
Boy was Clinton a scumbag to parden his buddies. Especially former Congressman Mel Renolds the former Scum bag congressman from Illinois.

LOL... but I'm sure you're just fine with Ford pardoning Nixon, right? :rolleyes:

academic punk
06-09-2005, 02:19 PM
I actually think this is appropriate.

people who have served their sentences and repaid their "debt to society" (and any good lawyer can tell you how arbitrary that is), and have *not* had any further legal problems have earned the right to apply for a job and not have to answer for mistakes made years and years ago.

Records should be sealed from potential employers, and only re-opened if another problem arises.

DrMaddVibe
06-09-2005, 02:25 PM
You're right AP.

The totals are distrubing to me though.

academic punk
06-09-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
You're right AP.

The totals are distrubing to me though.

WE AGREE ON SOMETHING????!!!??

Nickdfresh
06-09-2005, 04:20 PM
Wait till BUSH get to the end of his term and starts to release his corporate whore friends, you know, the ones largely responsible for destroying workers faith in the economy and their retirements...

DrMaddVibe
06-09-2005, 05:17 PM
Nick, Clinton already did that!

Watch 'em line up like piggies at the trough for Hillary's run!

superdave
06-09-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Wait till BUSH get to the end of his term and starts to release his corporate whore friends, you know, the ones largely responsible for destroying workers faith in the economy and their retirements...

How true...

Stallion
06-09-2005, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Yeah, he was a scumbag.

Ask Susan McDougal!

Ask Vince Foster!

Ask Ron Brown!

Yeah, he was a real scum.

Hmmm….

Unfortunately we can’t ask Vince Foster…

The Clintons took care of that little leak huh?

Nickdfresh
06-10-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Stallion
Hmmm….

Unfortunately we can’t ask Vince Foster…

The Clintons took care of that little leak huh?

Must be part of the ominious and all powerful CLINTON CRIMINAL EMPIRE (CCE)!

I love when you hypowits make fun of FORD and his BCE conspiratorial paranoia...:p LOL

FORD
06-10-2005, 03:12 PM
Every law enfocement official and investigator who was involved in the Vince Foster case has concluded it was a suicide

That's including Ken $tarr, the man who wasted $70 million investigating Clinton only to come up with a blow job :blow:

You don't think he would have turned over every rock in Ft Marcy Park trying to nail Clinton for a murder?

Get over it. Vince took himself out.

Stallion
06-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Must be part of the ominious and all powerful CLINTON CRIMINAL EMPIRE (CCE)!

I love when you hypowits make fun of FORD and his BCE conspiratorial paranoia...:p LOL

Don’t remember saying anything about a CCE....

And suspecting that Foster took himself out rather than face the Clinton's power is a far fucking cry from Ford’s undying obsession with Fascism. Or his accusations that Bush shot missiles into the WTC on 9-11.

Try again Dip Shit. :rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
06-10-2005, 08:30 PM
Don’t remember saying anything about a CCE....

And suspecting that Foster took himself out rather than face the Clinton's power is a far fucking cry from Ford’s undying obsession with Fascism. Or his accusations that Bush shot missiles into the WTC on 9-11.

Try again Dip Shit. :rolleyes:

No, it's just the same right-wing cuntspiracy dribble that all evil originates from the CLINTONs.

I wasn't talking the scale of myths, just the hypocritical ignorance you show by citing a conspiracy myth that suits your irrational hatreds! Try not talking out of both sides of your mouth for once fuckstump. Nice REAGAN avatar, lol.

Stallion
06-11-2005, 06:44 AM
No, it's just the same right-wing cuntspiracy dribble that all evil originates from the CLINTONs.

I wasn't talking the scale of myths, just the hypocritical ignorance you show by citing a conspiracy myth that suits your irrational hatreds! Try not talking out of both sides of your mouth for once fuckstump. Nice REAGAN avatar, lol.

I also never claimed all evil comes from the Clintons. You've seen about four posts from me and you've come this conclusion? Nice...

I simply recognize the possibility that Fosters suicide wasn’t so clear and shut....how can that possibly be seen a "conspiracy myth that suits my irrational hatred"? Who do I hate Nick? Do you even know?

Did I try like hell with hundreds of posts trying to convince everyone here that MY thoughts are the only rational ones?
I don’t think so.

So keep running your mouth cunt rag.... your ignorance is becoming more and more obvious.

LoungeMachine
06-11-2005, 09:45 AM

So keep running your mouth cunt rag.... your ignorance is becoming more and more obvious.

Heres a 1 vote for you.

Name calling a well respected member by a newbie such as yourself just shows what kind of "debate" we can expect from you.:rolleyes:

One wonders if you'd have the balls to Call Nick a cunt rag to his face.

doubt it. another cyber tough guy :cool:

Stallion
06-11-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Heres a 1 vote for you.

Name calling a well respected member by a newbie such as yourself just shows what kind of "debate" we can expect from you.:rolleyes:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Typical Cunt Rag jumping into something he knows nothing about.

Why do you feel the need to protect Nick? Do you feel he cant speak for himself? Seems to me that he's a pretty smart guy and defend his own statements just fine.

AND...I'm not a newbie either....I just havent posted in a while.

AND....if you read back far enough, you'll find that the name calling wasnt started by me.

Now....go back to sleep.

Nickdfresh
06-11-2005, 09:58 AM
I also never claimed all evil comes from the Clintons. You've seen about four posts from me and you've come this conclusion? Nice...

Yeah it is "nice", and it's pretty apparant, the way you were all over it like a fly on a steamy pile of horseshit! Let's see, according to one of your brilliant posts, I believe CLINTON was a greater threat than NIXON, because he received a blowjob on the OVAL OFFICE. Of course NIXON was actually trying to destroy civil liberties and strong arm the CIA to hinder the FBI's investigation into WATERGATE money trail. Yeah, no "irrationality there. You can say what ever you want prick, but don't tell me I can't call you on your bullshit.

I simply recognize the possibility that Fosters suicide wasn’t so clear and shut....how can that possibly be seen a "conspiracy myth that suits my irrational hatred"? Who do I hate Nick? Do you even know?

Something that was investigated to death, and no evidence was ever produced....There are a lot of possibilities in the world, funny how you focus on the ones involoving CLINTON.

Have you read the Downing Street Memo?
http://j.b5z.net/i/u/2062892/i/85145076_ezr.jpg

Did I try like hell with hundreds of posts trying to convince everyone here that MY thoughts are the only rational ones?
I don’t think so.

Yeah, at least my comments are based on evidence and logic assfuck....What are yours based on? Your narrow-mined little partisan view of the world...As indicated by your avatar.

BigBadBrian
06-11-2005, 10:10 AM
Heres a 1 vote for you.

Stallion is not a newbie, particularly not from DLR websites.

If you'll notice, he registered on this board before either you or Nick.

Also, he had quite a bit of posts at the old War Zone forum on the DDLR board.

Quit being a baby when someone hand's you your ass, LardMachine.

You never engage in meaningful dabate with anyone on this board. Just like the post above, you just like to start crap or whine about something. Go back to NON and start some silly thread about the good old days or something.

:p :p

:gulp:

Stallion
06-11-2005, 10:10 AM
Geezus....lay off the coffee Nick.

Go back to the Clinton or Nixon thread.....I NEVER EVEN SAID WHO WAS WORSE YOU FUCKING MORON!!
I never spoke of his fucking blow job...never said he was worse than Nixon...I laughed at Ford and made a point that the Clintons are trying to move to the center.

Yeah....some "evidence and logic" you bring to the table. LOL.

DrMaddVibe
06-11-2005, 10:11 AM
Friday, June 10, 2005 12:55 a.m. EDT

Court Unseals Clinton Sleuth's Secret Tapes

Sealed transcripts of tape-recorded conversations between Bill and Hillary Clinton's top private detective and his clients will be shared with prosecutors, a federal court ruled on Thursday.

Reuters reports that the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals rejected arguments from lawyers for notorious Hollywood sleuth Anthony Pellicano, who tried to claim that a November 2002 search of his Sunset Blvd. office office was illegal, and that evidence seized there could not be used to convict him. Pellicano - a self-proclaimed "sin eater" for some of Hollywood's biggest names - worked for Mr. and Mrs. Clinton during the 1992 presidential campaign - and again in 1998, after the Monica Lewinsky scandal exploded.

It's not clear whether the Pellicano tapes include any conversations between the controversial private eye and either of the Clintons - or their top aides and advisers.

Senior Bush White House advisor Mary Matalin, however, says that Pellicano played a critical role in Mr. Clinton's 1992 presidential campaign by suppressing inconvenient accounts from several women who had alleged affairs with Mr. Clinton.

During a 1997 stint as a talk radio host on CBS's Washington, D.C., affiliate, Matalin explained: "I got the letters from Pellicano to these women intimidating them. I had tapes of conversations from Pellicano to the women. I got handwritten letters from the women."

"I got one letter from one of the women's dad, saying, 'This is so horrible. Here's what they're going to do to us,' you know, essentially. It's not like they said, 'We're going to go out there and bust your kneecaps.' [It was more like] 'we're going to say this, that and the other.'"

The notorious Hollywood sleuth also performed an audio analysis on Gennifer Flowers' tapes, where he concluded that they had been "doctored." Pellicano's finding was soon discredited, but his conclusions were still cited by top Clinton aides George Stephanopolous and James Carville.

Pellicano surfaced again inside the Clinton operation four days after the Monica Lewinsky story broke in January 1998, when ex-Lewinsky boyfriend Andy Bleiler came forward with the claim that she had stalked him. The Washington state school teacher also contended that Lewinsky had ambitions to seduce Bill Clinton, telling him once, "I'm going to Washington to get my presidential knee pads."

"Anthony Pellicano, the L.A.-based private investigator and O.J. defense team veteran [was] responsible for digging up Andy Bleiler," the New York Post's Andrea Peyser reported at the time. Sexgate provocatuer Lucianne Goldberg told Peyser that Pellicano's services were bought and paid for by the Clinton White House.

When Peyser confronted the "investigator to the stars" with Goldberg's claim, he didn't deny it. "You're a smart girl. No comment," Pellicano told the Post reporter.

The tough-talking private eye makes no bones about his hardball tactics. He claimed to carry a baseball bat, not a gun, as his weapon of choice, explaining to the Los Angeles Times, "I only use intimidation and fear when I absolutely have to."

Pellicano is curently in prison in connection with a scheme to intimidate a Times reporter. He is scheduled to be released next February.

Stallion
06-11-2005, 10:14 AM
Been a while Triple B!

Hope you've been well....

Still keeping Ford in line I see.

Nickdfresh
06-11-2005, 10:18 AM
Geezus....lay off the coffee Nick.

I eat it out of the fucking can raw!

Go back to the Clinton or Nixon thread.....I NEVER EVEN SAID WHO WAS WORSE YOU FUCKING MORON!!
I never spoke of his fucking blow job...never said he was worse than Nixon...I laughed at Ford and made a point that the Clintons are trying to move to the center.

You still partook in the "FORD's crazy BCE notions" while partaking in the same conspiratorial view of the CLINTONs, implying that they have a secret network of assassins and ninjas to coverup there dirty work. And KEN STARR did what with our $70 million?

And CLINTON being mentioned as anywhere near the level of NIXON's potential destructiveness is really silly, though I did not review your exact comments.

BigBadBrian
06-11-2005, 10:25 AM
Been a while Triple B!

Hope you've been well....

Still keeping Ford in line I see.

Yeah, he's still spouting that Tin Foil Beanie BCE crap.

FORD
06-11-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Yeah, he's still spouting that Tin Foil Beanie BCE crap.

And when you see the trains dragging people off to the "re-education" camps again, you'll still be in denial.

Check your C-SPAN reruns this weekend and find that Sensenbrenner hearing. Then tell me these people aren't flaming fucking fascists.

LoungeMachine
06-11-2005, 11:01 AM

Quit being a baby when someone hand's you your ass, LardMachine.

This is classic coming from you :D

You should own stock in Kleenex with all the whining you do in here.

Sorry you lost your receipt:cool:

LoungeMachine
06-11-2005, 11:04 AM

AND....if you read back far enough, you'll find that the name calling wasnt started by me.

But mommy, johnnie started it....waaaa:rolleyes:

I dont need to protect Nick, he can handle you just fine. I just pointed out your fine debate skills.

:cool:

LoungeMachine
06-11-2005, 11:12 AM

I see why you and Brie are so tight.:rolleyes:

Stallion
06-11-2005, 11:13 AM
I eat it out of the fucking can raw!

You still partook in the "FORD's crazy BCE notions" while partaking in the same conspiratorial view of the CLINTONs, implying that they have a secret network of assassins and ninjas to coverup there dirty work. And KEN STARR did what with our $70 million?

And CLINTON being mentioned as anywhere near the level of NIXON's potential destructiveness is really silly, though I did not review your exact comments.

Raw out of the can would explain it. :D

Ok.... Foster getting whacked is a stretch...my point was more in a sense that he took himself out to avoid the Clintons power. That doesn’t even come close to Ford's delusional blather.

As far as Clinton or Nixon...I didnt start the thread to begin with. If you dont like the comparison, that's cool....but I didnt compare them. All I'm saying is that you should maybe get your facts together before you accuse folks of shit that didnt say.

LoungeMachine
06-11-2005, 11:16 AM

Ok.... Foster getting whacked is a stretch...

I would actually believe that before I'd ever believe that this administration didn't have knowledge that 9/11 was coming.

Stallion
06-11-2005, 11:18 AM
But mommy, johnnie started it....waaaa:rolleyes:

I dont need to protect Nick, he can handle you just fine. I just pointed out your fine debate skills.

Wasn’t your point that my debate skills are flawed because I called the guy a name? What the fuck? You criticized me for something your buddy did first. Are you always this stupid?

Besides, you criticizing any on debate skills is laughable.

LoungeMachine
06-11-2005, 11:20 AM
Are you always this stupid?

Must be a rhetorical question:D

Of course I'm always this stupid. I vote Democrat:cool:

LoungeMachine
06-11-2005, 11:42 AM

Go back to NON and start some silly thread about the good old days or something.

That really gets you, huh?

I love you frustrated wannabes, who never made it out of the bar band curcuit

:D :D :D

And just like you, I'll post whatever, wherever, and whenever I please.

LoungeMachine
06-11-2005, 07:16 PM
Wasn’t your point that my debate skills are flawed because I called the guy a name? What the fuck? You criticized me for something your buddy did first. Are you always this stupid?

Besides, you criticizing any on debate skills is laughable.

Thank you for submitting your application.

However, at this time we are not accepting anymore myopic, neo-con shitbags. We currently have more on staff than space allows.

We will keep your application on file should something open up.

Feel free to cuntinue watching FAUX News. Also keep track of all bullet points sent to you by Rush, Sean, Michael, and all of your other handlers.

Best Regards:cool: