PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Stones at Philly Live 8??

fryingdutchman
06-09-2005, 09:42 AM
Word on the street is that the Rolling Stones will play the Philadelphia Live 8 show on July 2nd.

Just a buzz right now, but an announcement is possible soon.

You heard it here first....

twonabomber
06-09-2005, 10:06 AM
found this elsewhere:

Yesterday the Philly Inquirer printed this in their Newsmakers section: "It's beat but true, but Live Aid alums the Rolling Stones and David Bowie will not grace any of the Live 8 shows."

fryingdutchman
06-09-2005, 11:14 AM
Didn't hear anything about Bowie...

But got a reliable source who said the Stones are a definite possibility.

Word is that the concert is supposed to have a "firm" ending of 6pm.

But if the Stones show, it will go until 8pm.

We'll see.

twonabomber
06-09-2005, 11:19 AM
i doubt it will happen. any time spent working in the States before the tour is time taken away from the tour. that's why they rehearse in Canada and record elsewhere, that time doesn't count against their work visas.

Vinnie Velvet
06-09-2005, 12:25 PM
I think Dave and Ed should kidnap Mike -- throw him in the back of Dave's car and drive up to Ed's house with Alex sitting on his drum kit waiting....

PLUG IN AND BRING THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN BACK!!!

fryingdutchman
06-09-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
I think Dave and Ed should kidnap Mike -- throw him in the back of Dave's car and drive up to Ed's house with Alex sitting on his drum kit waiting....

PLUG IN AND BRING THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN BACK!!!

Fuck yeah!

I still have this extreme pipe dream of seeing the four of them on the steps of the Philly Art Museum!

I'd probably lose consciousness and miss the show....

fryingdutchman
06-09-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber
i doubt it will happen. any time spent working in the States before the tour is time taken away from the tour. that's why they rehearse in Canada and record elsewhere, that time doesn't count against their work visas.

Normally, I'm not prone to engaging in rumors, much less starting threads about them.

But my job actually has me connected to some folks involved in the logistical planning for the show. The first planning meeting was yesterday...and the Stones were brought up as a very real possibility.

Let's see what happens.