PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bonds is a racist?

Bob_R
06-10-2005, 07:19 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...-home-headlines

Bonds: Kittle an idiot for remark
Ex-Sox star stands by charge slugger made racist comment

Barry Bonds called former White Sox outfielder Ron Kittle "an idiot" for claiming in his book that the San Francisco Giants slugger once refused to autograph a jersey for Kittle's charity because "I don't sign for white people."

"Who is Kittle? How long did he play? He played in our league?" Bonds told the Associated Press before Thursday's game at San Francisco's SBC Park. "Ha! Do you guys believe that? Do you guys know my life history a little bit? One, you insult my children, who are half-white. I was married to a woman who was white, so let's get real. I don't even know the guy. Tell him he's an … idiot. Somebody said he wanted a piece of me. Tell him I'm at 24 Willie Mays Plaza and he can come get me anytime he wants to—with pleasure. Don't insult my family."

Kittle, who hit 176 home runs in his 10-year career and was American League Rookie of the Year with the Sox in 1983, responded later Thursday.

"I'm not surprised he acted like he didn't know who I was because he wouldn't know who I was if I stood next to him," Kittle said. "He pays attention to himself, not anybody else. It's not a very good response from him. I am not sure he is whole-heartedly denying that he said it."

Kittle, a Gary native who now lives in Chesterton, Ind., retired after the 1991 season. Bonds and the Giants were in Chicago to face the Cubs at Wrigley Field in 1992 when Kittle said he approached him for his autograph to help raise money for cancer research through his charity golf outing.

"I am very good at remembering things," Kittle said Thursday. "I couldn't have introduced myself to him any more politely. I showed him the brochure and I did this thing as professional as could be. If it weren't pertaining to my charity, I probably would have cared less and just said he was a jerk. But when there is a chance for me to do something or for his signature to do something for charity, I won't stand for that. It's ironic that his dad (former big-league star Bobby Bonds) died of cancer too."

As detailed in the book "Ron Kittle's Tales from the White Sox Dugout," written with former Chicago sportswriter Bob Logan, the incident was witnessed by Bonds' teammates.

Kittle wrote:

"Bonds stood up, looked me in the eye and said, 'I don't sign for white people.' If lightning hits me today, I will swear those were his exact words. Matt Williams and other Giants were in the room and they heard what Bonds said. …

"I said, 'White guys aren't the only ones who get cancer,' but Bonds just turned his back on me and walked out of the clubhouse. … That day, I drove home from Wrigley Field at about 150 miles an hour and sat there, fuming. I'll never forget what that man said. So if Barry Bonds is looking for a breath of fresh air to live and I'm the one who has to give it to him, unfortunately, the man will die. I just don't like guys like that."

POJO_Risin
06-10-2005, 07:48 PM
Kittle is a fucking idiot...

Bonds is a dickhead for sure...but there's no way that fucking happened...

POJO_Risin
06-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Kittle is jut trying to sell books....

Guitar Shark
06-10-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Bonds is a dickhead for sure...but there's no way that fucking happened...

It doesn't seem beyond the realm of possibility to me.

I can see Charles Barkley saying something like that. He'd say it in a joking manner, but he'd say it.

Redballjets88
06-10-2005, 07:54 PM
bonds is racist he is always talking about how the white media wants to bring him down bc he is black

David Lee Ross
06-10-2005, 09:16 PM
Yes sirree. This where a man of my expertise and persuasion intervene and defragment this issue into a more concise manner.
Is Barry Bonds a racist? Well, my good people, that reminds me of a time I remember when I was just knee high to a grasshopper. Playing in the sandlot with my brothers and sisters as well as my cousins. We always had a curfew to be in before sunset. Sometimes, we would be in the final inning of a baseball game, but as soon as the sun was setting we'd be in faster than a damn hooziebejeezie.

It was always nice my friends to come home to a nice warm supper. Momma and Grandma Ellis use to prepare the best meals for us cherubs. The reason I recollecting on such fond memories is because, no matter how poor we was, my family always made ends meet. The question you can ask yourselves is, does one Mr. Bonds does the same. But you gotta know. Is it Bobby or Barry? Barry is closing on the home run record held by my childhood friend, Mr. Henry Aaron. While, Bobby, God bless him, stands at five-hundred something. Does the man score when in scoring position. The dimensions of the field are ineed a factor. The home games vs. away games. Games on the road could get to a player, although my good friends, some get fueled by the opposition. There is a short porch in right field of Yankee Stadium. How many games will Barry play there before he retires? These are all imprtant components in the question mentioned in the former.

I do dream sometimes. Not only of the past, but of the future. Where children of all races don't recognize the color of their skin. Skin color is best judged by the time spent in the sun and by how much suntan oil one must put on. These things. Does the exculavitvity consolate in the best prime objective. Be of an open mind. Don't nitpick and engage in miniscule battles. It's not worth the time of the population of this great great planet Earth. Only in America, this can happen. So, in closing my dear people. You may ask yourself. Can't we all just get along?

From my neighborhood to yours,

David Lee Ross
President of the DLRossArmy

/IK

Bob_R
06-10-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
It doesn't seem beyond the realm of possibility to me.

Same here.

superdave
06-10-2005, 09:19 PM
Bonds is nothing but a fucking racist prick, a while back he said he just wanted to pass Babe Ruth, and not Aaron, I will never recognize his stats as being legit

Warham
06-10-2005, 09:42 PM
Why would Ron Kittle lie about that?

Nobody's going to buy the book because of that story anyway.

superdave
06-10-2005, 09:43 PM
I had totally forgotten about Kittle until this story broke, he is legit, he has no reason to fabricate the story

DLR7884
06-10-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
Kittle, a Gary native who now lives in Chesterton, Ind., retired after the 1991 season. Bonds and the Giants were in Chicago to face the Cubs at Wrigley Field in 1992 when Kittle said he approached him for his autograph to help raise money for cancer research through his charity golf outing.

"I am very good at remembering things," Kittle said Thursday.

Why didn't Kittle remember that Bonds played for Pittsburgh in 1992 and that there is no way that this happened?

"Bonds stood up, looked me in the eye and said, 'I don't sign for white people.' If lightning hits me today, I will swear those were his exact words. Matt Williams and other Giants were in the room and they heard what Bonds said. …

Again, Bonds wasn't with the Giants until 1993....Matt Williams never played for the Pirates.

Nice work Ron.

DLR7884
Why am I the only one that noticed this??

superdave
06-10-2005, 10:06 PM
Good points, though, DLR--I am just not a member of the Bonds fan club

Bob_R
06-10-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
DLR7884
Why am I the only one that noticed this??

Because you are a man of wisdom beyond your years. :D

monkeythe
06-11-2005, 01:26 AM
I don't believe he is telling this story to sell his book. He is just like Corey Clark and only wants to get the truth out. (Scarcasm mode is now off)

DLR7884
06-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Because you are a man of wisdom beyond your years. :D

Thank you.

DLR7884
Should we alert the media about my findings? LOL.

POJO_Risin
06-11-2005, 04:15 PM
Yeah...Kittle has no reason to lie...what a fucking joke...

nobody fucking remembers the guy for one...

two...how do you think Bonds found out about this? Leak of what was said in the book...in which Kittle's publicist more than likely leaked in the same way that idiot Canseco got his info out...

And you're right...Bonds first year with the Giants was 1993...

so Williams...and the rest of the Giants must have been visiting Pittsburgh to watch the Pirates play...

what a fucking moron...

is it outside the realm of possibility?

No...it's not...

but is THIS true?

Fuck No...

Kittle is a bitch...and must not like living in his trailer anymore...

POJO_Risin
06-11-2005, 04:23 PM
We all know that Bonds is a bitch...more than likely racist...but he does enough on his own to get those labels...

he doesn't need these fucking bullshit accusations by some fucking ex-White Sox/Indian/Yankee/Oriole bitch making shit up...

get a life you fucking piece of wasted shit..

on a side-note...I bought 200 Ron Kittle rookie cards the year he won rookie of the year...based on his minor league stats.

He was a minor league stud...and can't remember exactly how many dingers he hit his last year in the minors...but it was something like 50...and hit 40 or so the year before that...before the White Sox brought him up...

so I buy these cards at a nickel a piece...and sell them after his ROY at $1 a piece...not a bad little profit...

he's still a bitch...

Va Beach VH Fan
06-11-2005, 08:36 PM
I think the thing to do is get one of those supposed "witnesses" to come forward....

POJO_Risin
06-11-2005, 09:09 PM
They won't...ever...

Bob_R
06-11-2005, 09:48 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1582615438.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

POJO_Risin
06-12-2005, 12:40 PM
Anyone planning on wasting their money on this book?

Chapter 1:

I'm a great minor league player!

Chapter 2:

I won the rookie of the year with 30 dingers and a .247 batting average...

Chapter 3:

I hit 30 homers again pssst...I only batted .220...don't tell anyone

Chapter 4:

Nobody loves me

Chapter 5:

I retired and noone showed up

Chapter 6:

Barry Bonds called me a honky cracker with faggoty drivers classes that gave me eye cancer

Chapter 7:

I went fishing with ted williams (that's what I named my shitzu...who's the only one that will go fishing with me because I monkey spank while on the boat)...

Chapter 8:

My campaign for the hall...and return to the majors as the WhiteSox batboy...

The END