PDA

View Full Version : Maiden FINALLY release a compilation :rolleyes:

Shaun Ponsonby
06-11-2005, 04:44 AM
Legendary metal band IRON MAIDEN will release the career-spanning, two-CD compilation "The Essential Iron Maiden" through Sanctuary Records on July 12, 2005.

"The Essential Iron Maiden" features some of the greatest heavy metal music ever recorded. IRON MAIDEN have had huge worldwide impact these past 25 years thanks to all-time classic albums like "Iron Maiden", "Killers", "The Number Of The Beast", "Piece Of Mind", "Powerslave", "Live After Death", "Somewhere In Time", "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son", "No Prayer For The Dying", "Fear Of The Dark", "The X Factor", "Virtual XI", "Brave New World", "Dance Of Death" and other live albums. Every studio album and lineup of IRON MAIDEN is represented here. The package also includes sleeve notes from noted journalist Lonn Friend. A sneak preview of the upcoming double live DVD and CD "Death On The Road" is provided thanks to the inclusion of "Iron Maiden" from this CD/DVD.

The current, longtime lineup of vocalist Bruce Dickinson, guitarist Dave Murray, guitarist Adrian Smith, guitarist Janick Gers, bass guitarist Steve Harris and drummer Nicko McBrain recorded and filmed "Death On The Road" in Germany in 2003 on the "Dance Of Death" tour.

The songs on "The Essential Iron Maiden" are:

Disc One:

01. Paschendale
02. Rainmaker
03. The Wicker Man
04. Brave New World
05. Futureal
06. The Clansman
07. Sign Of The Cross
08. Man On The Edge
09. Be Quick Or Be Dead
10. Fear Of The Dark (Live)
11. Holy Smoke
12. Bring Your Daughter...To The Slaughter
13. The Clairvoyant

Disc Two:

01. The Evil That Men Do
02. Wasted Years
03. Heaven Can Wait
04. 2 Minutes To Midnight
05. Aces High
06. Flight Of Icarus
07. The Trooper
08. The Number Of The Beast
09. Run To The Hills
10. Wrathchild
11. Killers
12. Phantom Of The Opera
13. Running Free (Live)
14. Iron Maiden (Live)

IRON MAIDEN will be touring North America again this summer as co-headliners with BLACK SABBATH on Ozzfest 2005, the 10th anniversary of the enormously popular festival.

RuzDNailz
06-11-2005, 05:03 AM
And I got my tickets buddy! I saw them last 2 years ago with Motorhead and Dio. The opener for this years tour is Mastodon.

Shaun Ponsonby
06-11-2005, 05:12 AM
IRON MAIDEN+MOTORHEAD+DIO=ONE OF THE GREATEST BILLS EVER (We don't really get bills like that in the UK)

RuzDNailz
06-11-2005, 05:25 AM
How many Maiden concerts have you been to? If so, how close to the stage were you? I sat near the stage back in 2003 and many times Bruce Dickinson came and pointed over at us while performing. These guys never seemed to disappoint us fans. I also collect Bruce Dickinson's solo stuff too.

Shaun Ponsonby
06-11-2005, 05:41 AM
I actually haven't had the chance to see Maiden yet. I could have with Blaze, but, erm, you know. During the DOD and BNW tours, they just came at the wrong time of year and this year they're only playing Readding/Leeds festivals, and they are the only band on the bill that I actually like.

Next time, though, definately.

RuzDNailz
06-11-2005, 05:46 AM
Trust me, you'll have a blast. I saw DIO open for them twice and put on a helluva show. For me, I'll be seeing Iron Maiden and Def Leppard at the same venue. Pure British metal to keep me satisfied. I met Bruce twice and he was very polite to us.

Shaun Ponsonby
06-11-2005, 06:02 AM
Bruce does seem like a nice guy.

Funny as well.

I remember he was on a TV show called 'Never Mind The Buzzcocks', which is like a music quiz/comedy kinda thing. The host, Mark Lamarr, constantly makes fun of rockstars when they are on, and now that comedian Bill Bailey is a team captain, they often get defended. But, at this time Bailey wasn't on the show, and Lamarr kept laying into Bruce, but Bruce was quick to come back each time.

Actually, he said:

"How old are you, Bruce"
"43"
"Really?"
"Yea"
"I tell you what, I hope I look that good when I'm 43"

Hahahaha. love it when people attempt to make jokes about rockstars and it just fails miserabley!!

Mr Badguy
06-11-2005, 08:38 PM
"Paschendale" is a wierd way to open an album.

And I wouldn`t call any 90`s Maiden essential (except "Fear of the dark" and "Sign of the cross").

RuzDNailz
06-12-2005, 05:35 AM
BTW, if you look carefully at the cover of 'Somewhere In Time' you
can notice that there are bits and pieces of other album covers on there too.

RuzDNailz
06-12-2005, 05:37 AM
When I met Nicko McBrain and got his autograph, he was cracking
some dirty jokes! He was also enjoying being with the fans before leaving.

Shaun Ponsonby
06-12-2005, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
(except "Fear of the dark" and "Sign of the cross").

I wouldn't even put 'Sign of the Cross' in there. Goes on for a bit long (for what it is).

bueno bob
06-12-2005, 12:49 PM
I wouldn't call any Maiden from the 90s essential, either...Maiden just lost track after 7th Son for me...and didn't start to come alive again until BNW...

Full Bug
06-12-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by RuzDNailz
BTW, if you look carefully at the cover of 'Somewhere In Time' you
can notice that there are bits and pieces of other album covers on there too.
I went to that concert, was of the best concerts I ever went to over the years, that one always stands out for me....
Me and my buddies at that time spent many stoned hours studying the front and back of that LP for hidden things that were hard to see....

RuzDNailz
06-13-2005, 01:44 AM
I became a fan shortly after that. Summer of 1993 would ALWAYS stand out in my mind for the Raising Hell concert on PPV. I saw them live for the first time with Blayze Bailey and it was my first REAL rock concert. DIO was absolutely amazing because he did the song 'Don't Talk To Strangers' and the whole audience was electrified! The following year I saw them with Bruce Dickinson back in the fold and
it was 10 times better with him.

Diver Down NJ
06-13-2005, 03:05 PM
Man, that first disc is WEAK. Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter needs to be permanently erased from existence.