PDA

View Full Version : Dave's acoustic set from The Skyscraper Tour

MAX
06-12-2005, 09:11 PM
I was just listening to a cd that I must have made two years ago and it's loaded with tons of live boots that I have on another computer. Anyway, I completely spaced that I had these songs or that Dave even did them.

They did an acoustic set of The Beatles "I've Just Seen A Face" and The Everly Brothers "Wake up Little Susie" and they both rocked. Dave sang them unbelievably.

Anyone else familiar with these and did he do any other oldie covers on that tour?

I know he didn't do them at every show cos when I saw him in '88 they had not added the acoustic set or they had already dropped it. I dunno?

Stellar shit and y'all should check it out. The Skyscraper tour is so underrated IMO.

DavidLeeNatra
06-13-2005, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by MAX
I was just listening to a cd that I must have made two years ago and it's loaded with tons of live boots that I have on another computer. Anyway, I completely spaced that I had these songs or that Dave even did them.

They did an acoustic set of The Beatles "I've Just Seen A Face" and The Everly Brothers "Wake up Little Susie" and they both rocked. Dave sang them unbelievably.

Anyone else familiar with these and did he do any other oldie covers on that tour?

I know he didn't do them at every show cos when I saw him in '88 they had not added the acoustic set or they had already dropped it. I dunno?

Stellar shit and y'all should check it out. The Skyscraper tour is so underrated IMO.

I got them, too and I think they are from the milano concerts. they also played that steel drum part which is also great. I've seen the skyscraper tour as a part of the monsters of rock in germany but dave was second headliner to iron maiden and didn't play the whole set.

Loons The Great
06-13-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by MAX

I don't know if you'd call it oldie, but they did a James Brown tune in Milano,"I'll Go Crazy." An' bits of Got My Mojo Workin' durin' Yankee Rose...an' bits of I'm Ready and Wild Thing...yez yez yez...

MAX
06-13-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
they also played that steel drum part which is also great

Yeah, they did the steel drums when I saw him as well. It was great.

MAX
06-13-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Loons The Great
I don't know if you'd call it oldie, but they did a James Brown tune in Milano,"I'll Go Crazy." An' bits of Got My Mojo Workin' durin' Yankee Rose...an' bits of I'm Ready and Wild Thing...yez yez yez...

That sounds friggin' sweet. I'm going to have to hunt those down.

Curt5150
06-14-2005, 08:04 AM
Is anyone willing to trade a cd of those rare songs - I have a very interesting collection. gov110@yahoo.com

spmusicplyr
06-22-2005, 02:21 AM
they're in the mp3 section ......

i like how yankee rose has the little traffic organ part at the beginning....
thats from gimme some lovin...something like that.

Loons The Great
11-13-2005, 04:35 PM
This acoustic set isn't on my Toronto '88 bootleg, either.

Classic
11-13-2005, 05:25 PM
As far as I know, they didn't perform the acoustic set at all in North America (that part of the tour lasted until August 14th 1988).

The first stint in Europe lasted from the August 20th (Donnington fest '88) to September 4th (Tilburg, Holland). That part included the MOR shows, still no acoustic set (I'm not sure, if there was few longer shows, where Dave was headlining).

Then they went to Japan and Australia, starting from Sapporo in September 20th and ending to Brisbane in October 22nd. Japan is the location where the acoustic set was brought into the setlist - at the latest - where it remained throughout the second stint in Europe, which lasted from November 14th, Birmingham until December 13th Rotterdam, Holland - the last show of the Skyscraper World Tour.

There's at least 20 shows recorded from Japan, Australia and Europe, but many of these recordings are being kept in limited circulation, which is sad. Couple of years ago I tried to reach few guys in here Europe, who had several low generation copies of the European shows, but they decided to continue hoarding those shows.

http://www.jamtothis.com/showthread.php?t=2513

DavidLeeNatra
11-14-2005, 09:01 AM
fuck...I have the skyscraper show from milanoooooooooooo...somewhere deep in my chaos...see if I can host it....

bigc
11-17-2005, 02:18 PM
I have "Wake Up Little Susie" and "I've Just Seen A Face", from the Toyko show on 3rd october 1988(a.k.a: In Search Of Paradise Lost)

I will upload it to you send it if you like?

(I'm also willing to do that with the steel drums solo too)

Loons The Great
11-19-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Classic
As far as I know, they didn't perform the acoustic set at all in North America (that part of the tour lasted until August 14th 1988).

The first stint in Europe lasted from the August 20th (Donnington fest '88) to September 4th (Tilburg, Holland). That part included the MOR shows, still no acoustic set (I'm not sure, if there was few longer shows, where Dave was headlining).

Then they went to Japan and Australia, starting from Sapporo in September 20th and ending to Brisbane in October 22nd. Japan is the location where the acoustic set was brought into the setlist - at the latest - where it remained throughout the second stint in Europe, which lasted from November 14th, Birmingham until December 13th Rotterdam, Holland - the last show of the Skyscraper World Tour.

There's at least 20 shows recorded from Japan, Australia and Europe, but many of these recordings are being kept in limited circulation, which is sad. Couple of years ago I tried to reach few guys in here Europe, who had several low generation copies of the European shows, but they decided to continue hoarding those shows.

http://www.jamtothis.com/showthread.php?t=2513

Great post. That Milano show had Roth singin' I'll Go Crazy/Wild Thing/and I'm Ready as well as the 2 acoustic cuts...I'll bet my bottom dolla there is some other great rarities somewhere out thurr...