PDA

View Full Version : Smoking Loon Wine

edvanheineken
06-14-2005, 04:15 PM
Ed mentioned on a 2dorks interview that a cab by the name of Smoking Loon was his favorite wine. I thought the man was joking. Sure enough, I was wine shopping today and I spotted a wine by the name of Smoking Loon! The thing was $7 a bottle, so I decided to give it a spin. To see what our great guitarist is smashing face with. I'll let you guys know how it goes tonight! :D Are there any wine connoisseurs out there with some tips? I like reds. Black Swan has a great Cab for less than $10 a pop. It is an Australian wine.

Nitro Express
06-14-2005, 07:19 PM
Ed is a smoking loon. Gee, I hope that wine don't taste like him!

tydhurst
06-14-2005, 09:18 PM
Ugh, cheap wine... Good luck man!

DrMaddVibe
06-14-2005, 09:39 PM
Cheers!

Private Reserve.

superdave
06-14-2005, 09:42 PM
you mean that Ed's favorite is no longer 'TJ Swann'?

Nitro Express
06-15-2005, 02:18 AM
That wine bottle cracks me up!

fryingdutchman
06-15-2005, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Cheers!

Private Reserve.

That picture was fucking unbelievable!!!

Well done! Standing "O":lol:

Cathedral
06-15-2005, 06:09 AM
I like a nice Lambrusco while eating pussy.
Don't like the Merlot's or the Cabernet's much.
Lambrusco is the whistle wetter for any man serious about munchin poontang for any extended period of time.

It goes great with pizza too........ :)

DavidLeeNatra
06-15-2005, 08:50 AM
don't want to piss you off...but..."old news" :D

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&forumid=10&threadid=21170

edvanheineken
06-15-2005, 09:57 AM
Actually, it wasn't too bad. I wouldn't buy it again, but I enjoyed it for the novelty it was. BTW, there are a lot of great wines to be had at the lower price range! :D

edvanheineken
06-15-2005, 10:04 AM
"Don't piss me off...don't cool me down....I've been liiiiied to from town to town"(or something like that)....Oops, sorry, that just popped in my head. Sorry for the repeat DLN! I hope I haven't earned a "hot head" tag just yet. I'm a rather friendly guy to friendly people! =) BTW, Tydhurst, I'm glad we're back on track. I wish I had the money to try the $100 dollar bottles and see if they are worth it.

PS Tydhurst, I am changing your rating to 5. If you are so inclined, I'd appreciate a change from you.

diamondsgirl
06-15-2005, 10:52 AM
Smoking Loon merlot is OK, if I remember correctly. I had it a while back. EVH likes Mondavi too. That stuff ranges from $10-$110 per bottle.

I'm surprised he doesn't drink the more expensive cabs like Screaming Eagle...seeing as he can.

tydhurst
06-15-2005, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by edvanheineken
"Don't piss me off...don't cool me down....I've been liiiiied to from town to town"(or something like that)....Oops, sorry, that just popped in my head. Sorry for the repeat DLN! I hope I haven't earned a "hot head" tag just yet. I'm a rather friendly guy to friendly people! =) BTW, Tydhurst, I'm glad we're back on track. I wish I had the money to try the $100 dollar bottles and see if they are worth it.

PS Tydhurst, I am changing your rating to 5. If you are so inclined, I'd appreciate a change from you.

No problemo Buddy!

seenbad
06-15-2005, 08:44 PM
2002 loon is crap. 2001 is a pretty good cheap-o.

I've floated around the different reds myself over the last year or two. I've gone from various merlot's to cab's and finally settled in on good old vine zin's. I've been parked on that for a while.

Nitro Express
06-16-2005, 12:53 AM
I like Luis Jardot wine. Robert Mondovi makes some wonderful wines for the price.

Cathedral
06-16-2005, 02:26 AM
I couldn't find any Smoking Loon, so i spent an extra dollar and splurged on the Riunite Lambrusco, lol.

I really should have eaten dinner though...........

FORD
06-17-2005, 10:05 PM
2 Buck Chuck's at Trader Joe's. It's the only way to go.

diamondsgirl
06-17-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by FORD
2 Buck Chuck's at Trader Joe's. It's the only way to go.

I buy it by the case
:cool:

but here its 3 buck chuck :confused:

thome
06-17-2005, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
I like a nice Lambrusco while eating pussy.
Don't like the Merlot's or the Cabernet's much.
Lambrusco is the whistle wetter for any man serious about munchin poontang for any extended period of time.

It goes great with pizza too........ :)

Red Wine With Fish???

FORD
06-18-2005, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
I buy it by the case
:cool:

but here its 3 buck chuck :confused:

Yeah it really is here too, because of higher alcohol taxes. Actually, at today's gas prices, it's closer to 4 buck Chucks, considering I have to drive about 25 miles to the nearest Trader Joes.

But then, I'm more of a beer drinker anyway :gulp:

VHdamaco
06-18-2005, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by FORD

But then, I'm more of a beer drinker anyway :gulp:

question for you ford...

when did you start drinking beer and actually enjoying it?

beer tastes like pure urine to me...

also, i'm not a big wine guy either...

i prefer 151 or capt morgan/calico jack to anything else...