PDA

View Full Version : SLAYER appreciation thread.

Carmine
06-15-2005, 09:20 AM
What can be said about SLAYER? If your a fan of heavy metal music, there is NO BAND heavier than SLAYER!! They have produced 13 of the heaviest albums on the planet. From the debut of " Show No Mercy" in 1983 to "Soundtrack to the Apocalypse" in 2003, SLAYER has been a pounding force in music. My first SLAYER purchase was 1985's "Hell Awaits" and I've been a huge fan ever since. I've seen SLAYER live 3 times and let me tell ya, again, there is not a band on the earth that can "GO" as hard as these guys.

Tom Araya- Bass and Vocals: Araya has the most intense, blood curdling voice I have ever heard. His screams will make the hair on the back of your neck, not only stand up, but fall the fuck off!

Kerry King- Guitar: the man behind the heavy crunch!!

Jeff Hanneman- Guitar: the fastest lead solos around!

Dave Lombardo- Without a doubt, the BEST drummer out there! This guy plays a double bass like its free, like he has 4 legs! Just intense!!

SLAYERS most popular album and best IMO, is 1986's REIGN IN BLOOD. This is the album that put SLAYER on the map!

From "Angel of Death" to "Reign in blood" this album kicks your ass!

SLAYER, to me, has always been the type of band that will make you want to chop off your best friends head and hand it back to him wrapped in a Christmas bow!

They have enjoyed great success here in the states, but they are HUGE in Europe, so I expect some of our overseas friends to chime in here.

If you have never heard or experienced SLAYER do it!! Grab the "Soundtrack to the Apocalypse" its a 4 cd collection of their best tunes. Believe me it'll blow the cones off your speakers.

thome
06-15-2005, 09:26 AM
I think slayer headlined the rock fest here in KC
I would like to have seen them live they do sound very tight/sharp

Jérôme Frenchise
06-15-2005, 09:34 AM
Thank God who may hate us all but allowed Slayer to carry on till today! Golly!
I got my younger bro into CVH when he was 8, then later on he got me into Slayer (and more recently stuff like Infectious Grooves).

Slayer, as they never broke up and have always produced enormous records right from the beginning, really seems to be the biggest band of the last quarter of a century.
and yes, they're HUGE in Europe, even in France (that's saying a lot :))!

Carmine
06-15-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
Thank God who may hate us all but allowed Slayer to carry on till today! Golly!
I got my younger bro into CVH when he was 8, then later on he got me into Slayer (and more recently stuff like Infectious Grooves).

Slayer, as they never broke up and have always produced enormous records right from the beginning, really seems to be the biggest band of the last quarter of a century.
and yes, they're HUGE in Europe, even in France (that's saying a lot :))!

Jer: I like that "god hates us all" quote you did there. Did you know that album was released on the darkest day in Amercian history? September 11, 2001.

Jérôme Frenchise
06-15-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
Jer: I like that "god hates us all" quote you did there. Did you know that album was released on the darkest day in Amercian history? September 11, 2001.

I had forgotten about it. What a coincidence!
I think, but I'm not sure I remember well, that the release of AC/DC's "Stiff Upper Lip" album was delayed because of the track "Safe in New York City". Is my Alzheimer not taking over my memory too much? :)

Oh?! My 1,000th post! Have a drink on me! :D

Carmine
06-15-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
I had forgotten about it. What a coincidence!
I think, but I'm not sure I remember well, that the release of AC/DC's "Stiff Upper Lip" album was delayed because of the track "Safe in New York City". Is my Alzheimer not taking over my memory too much? :)

Oh?! My 1,000th post! Have a drink on me! :D

congrats on 1000! I'm not sure about that AC/DC...I do know there were alot of delays and such movie and music industry wide due to 9/11.

Jérôme Frenchise
06-15-2005, 11:09 AM
Cheers! :cool:

Slayer is the ultimate merciless crushing machine.:rockit2:

bueno bob
06-15-2005, 11:43 AM
Hell yeah! I'll raise my fist to Slayer any day of the week!

Admittedly, my collection ends after "Divine Intervention", but I've got everything up to that point..."Reign in Blood" is without a doubt THE defining thrash metal album of the 80s. Look up the term "thrash" in the dictionary and all you should see is the cover art.

I was a big fan of "Divine Intervention", still am...the album's a bit on the short side, but it kicks ass, no Dave Lombardo or no...I haven't heard anything past that point, though, I heard the next album was punk covers or something, decided I was gonna pass over it, and I just never got back into them.

canadiandlrgirl
06-15-2005, 12:03 PM
i was never into slayer they are a little too heavy for me...but then again i never really gave them a listen

Matt White
06-15-2005, 12:08 PM
Laughed my ass off when I realized REIGN IN BLOOD is in GRAND THEFT AUTO: VICE CITY!!!!:D

KEWL

canadiandlrgirl
06-15-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
Laughed my ass off when I realized REIGN IN BLOOD is in GRAND THEFT AUTO: VICE CITY!!!!:D

KEWL hey Matt, What's up?:)

Matt White
06-15-2005, 12:16 PM
Not much CG!:D

How you doin???:)

bueno bob
06-15-2005, 12:28 PM
On the Slayer note: I have to admit, they really did the cover of "Dissident Aggressor" a LOT of justice on "South of Heaven". I always KNEW that Priest song had some good remake potential, was really glad to hear it.

Matt White
06-15-2005, 12:34 PM
Ever hear Tori Amos do a cover of REIGN IN BLOOD???

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

ALMOST as bad as her Zep cover.

WHHHOOOOOO!!!!

Carmine
06-15-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Hell yeah! I'll raise my fist to Slayer any day of the week!

Admittedly, my collection ends after "Divine Intervention", but I've got everything up to that point..."Reign in Blood" is without a doubt THE defining thrash metal album of the 80s. Look up the term "thrash" in the dictionary and all you should see is the cover art.

I was a big fan of "Divine Intervention", still am...the album's a bit on the short side, but it kicks ass, no Dave Lombardo or no...I haven't heard anything past that point, though, I heard the next album was punk covers or something, decided I was gonna pass over it, and I just never got back into them.

Bob...pick up God Hates Us All...its a must have!!

Matt White
06-15-2005, 12:57 PM
Kerry writes a article for GUIITARWORLD magazine, and appears in the cd-rom in most issues.

Aug has Scott & Danny from ANTHRAX demonstrating classic ANTHRAX riffs.

DANNY SPITZ says one of the MAJOR reasons he left ANTHRAX was the firing of JOEY!!!
He and Joe are best buds! I never knew that! Ever meet DANNY SPITZ Ragu???

bueno bob
06-15-2005, 01:30 PM
Bob...pick up God Hates Us All...its a must have!!

Give me one or two highlight tracks - I'll download them first, see what I think...$15 a CD, I cannot afford to spend unless I'm certain I'm gonna enjoy it... :)

Carmine
06-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Kerry writes a article for GUIITARWORLD magazine, and appears in the cd-rom in most issues.

Aug has Scott & Danny from ANTHRAX demonstrating classic ANTHRAX riffs.

DANNY SPITZ says one of the MAJOR reasons he left ANTHRAX was the firing of JOEY!!!
He and Joe are best buds! I never knew that! Ever meet DANNY SPITZ Ragu???

Nope never Dan Spitz...Scott Ian and Frank Bello...YES>

Carmine
06-15-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Give me one or two highlight tracks - I'll download them first, see what I think...$15 a CD, I cannot afford to spend unless I'm certain I'm gonna enjoy it... :)

Oh man: Darkness of Christ, Disciple, Exile, Bloodline...any of those.

Matt White
06-15-2005, 03:43 PM
Nope never Dan Spitz...Scott Ian and Frank Bello...YES>

:cool: You rule!

Killer fucking band!

The GW cd-rom had me falling out of my chair watching Scott & Danny running thru the old riffs!

There is talk of the CLASSIC ANTHRAX lineup cutting a new cd!!!

ANOTHER KILLER CLASSIC BAND THAT IS GETTING IT RIGHT!!!:D

Carmine
06-15-2005, 03:47 PM
:cool: You rule!

Killer fucking band!

The GW cd-rom had me falling out of my chair watching Scott & Danny running thru the old riffs!

There is talk of the CLASSIC ANTHRAX lineup cutting a new cd!!!

ANOTHER KILLER CLASSIC BAND THAT IS GETTING IT RIGHT!!!:D

I heard similar man...I'll find out more when Joey comes home in the fall.

ps: Bueno Bob, I emailed you a page link with GOD HATES US ALL real audio listings. The whole album is there...in fact listen to "THRESHOLD" first! Can you tell I love this album...

canadiandlrgirl
06-15-2005, 04:02 PM
Not much CG!:D

How you doin???:) i'm doin okay i guess...:)

ace diamond
06-15-2005, 05:11 PM
DUDE,IT'S FUCKING SLAYER!!!!!!!!
SLAYER FUCKING RULES!!!!!!!!
NUFF SAID!!!

Redballjets88
06-15-2005, 05:12 PM
SLAYER!