PDA

View Full Version : Is Cancun a shithole?

kentuckyklira
06-16-2005, 12:24 PM
Last minute flights to Cancun, Mexico are incredibly cheap here currently, I feel I might just have to go for it.

Matt White
06-16-2005, 12:25 PM
Cancun is KEWL!

Just don't drink the water!!!:D

guwapo_rocker
06-16-2005, 12:28 PM
Be careful.

Cacun is a great party, but even the four star hotels can be shitholes.

If it's a family trip, there are better place to go.

If you just want to party, chase tail, a puke, Cancun is perfect.:D

academic punk
06-16-2005, 12:29 PM
It's fine....twenty years ago it was really beautiful.

now it's a tourist trap and a half.

Full Bug
06-16-2005, 12:30 PM
Been there many times, its great, just make sure you learn to say no gracias to the street and beach vendors, they can be a pain....Always liked Cozumel better for some reason....

kentuckyklira
06-16-2005, 12:35 PM
Cool!

Sounds like my kind of place!

Tail chasing is great and I never drink water anyway!

Carmine
06-16-2005, 12:52 PM
Its a great place for drinking (not the water!!), chasing bikinis and just relaxing. As pointed out though, the streets and the vendors are something to avoid.

Enjoy it if you go...

Thorman
06-16-2005, 01:28 PM
Cancun rocks...

WACF
06-17-2005, 11:41 AM
For those that have been there where is the nicest place to stay in Mexico.

Can't chase tail...I will be bringing my own.

Nitro Express
06-17-2005, 03:02 PM
I'm a scuba diver. Cancun is a beach resort area the Mexican govt. built years ago. It's just the typical beach front tourist trap. Cozumel is nicer in my book, but of course, it's where the good diving is. We rented a bungalo on Cozumel and had one of the local Mexicans cook up the fish we speared. The best fish I ever had.

Mexico is Mexico. If you don't like beggars and having to watch you back 24/7, there are better places to go.

I've been all around the world and have been to beach resorts from Israel to Thailand. Hawaii is very hard to beat if you just want hassle free relaxation. The Bahamas is a close second.

Cancun can be fun. The alcohol is cheap. It's a good place to bring an extra large box of condoms if you are staying there for a week. LOL!

blonddgirl777
06-20-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by kentuckyklira
Last minute flights to Cancun, Mexico are incredibly cheap here currently, I feel I might just have to go for it.

Gosh,
I should have mentioned that to you before...
Faster Pussycat is there, at the moment (as she/he mentionned previously).

:p

WACF
06-22-2005, 11:20 AM
I heard from a coworker Cuba is better than Mexico...anyone been there?

Nitro Express
06-22-2005, 12:51 PM
Never been to Cuba but went to the USSR in 1978 with my parents and uncle. The Communists ran things. There was no begging or crime. Go to Moscow now, Red Square is full of thieving pick pockets. As a tourist, I liked the old Communist govt. better. I sure felt safer and the KGB was always following us. Very handy when we got lost.

I'm sure Castro keeps law and order in Cuba. Not that I'm saying Communism is a good system but it is nice not having to worry about being pickpocketed, mugged, or having you camera bag snatched.

WACF
06-22-2005, 07:04 PM
Cool.

That reminds me what my buddy said.
You can walk the streets late at night and not worry about it.
They saw old couples walking around Havana after midnight...something he said you would not see in Mexico.