PDA

View Full Version : SUPER BOWL CHAMPION New England Patriots 2005 Chatter

Dave's PA Rental
06-16-2005, 08:02 PM
bling!

Dave's PA Rental
06-16-2005, 08:08 PM
Va Beach isnt going to even look at this thread...

Va Beach VH Fan
06-16-2005, 08:57 PM
I should close the fucking thing...

;)

Dave's PA Rental
07-20-2005, 03:38 PM
Report: Bruschi to play in '05
Veteran's return set at 90 percent
By Jerome Solomon, Globe Staff | July 20, 2005

According to a report on New England Cable News last night, Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi, who suffered a stroke in February, plans to play this season.

The cable network cited a source who said it would be surprising if Bruschi didn't play this season, placing the likelihood of his return at 90 percent.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick wasn't available for comment, but team spokesman Stacey James said Bruschi hasn't told the team whether he plans to play or sit out this season.

''Tedy Bruschi will make his intention known when he is ready," James said. ''As far as I know, he hasn't discussed it with the staff as yet."

Doctors cleared Bruschi for limited workout activities some time ago. He participated in team meetings at a June mini-camp, but did not take it to the practice field.

Bruschi's agent, Brad Blank, said yesterday he had spoken with Bruschi in the last couple of days but the linebacker hadn't indicated he had made any decision about playing in 2005.

The Patriots open training camp July 29 and will have to decide whether to put Bruschi on the active roster at that time.

In mid-June at the team's ring ceremony, Bruschi said he was in no rush to make a decision.

''I'm just taking my time making sure things are right," Bruschi said at the Patriots' Super Bowl ring ceremony in June. ''Just living one day at a time right now.

''The organization has been so supportive of me, I'm not pressured with any timetable. My family and I are worried about my health, and we're just making sure I'm getting better and that's the only thing we're focusing on right now."

First shall be first
The Patriots will be the first NFL team to begin the 2005 season, with approximately 17 rookies expected to report today at Gillette Stadium.

Over the next few days, the first-year players will participate in weightlifting and conditioning workouts, before being joined Sunday by returning quarterbacks and veterans who were on injured reserve at the end of last season. The group's first on-the-field workout, which is closed to the public, is Monday.

The rest of the team is due July 28, with a full-squad practice scheduled the following day.

The Patriots' top four rookies -- offensive lineman Logan Mankins, cornerback Ellis Hobbs, lineman Nick Kaczur, and safety James Sanders -- are unlikely to report today. Only players under contract are allowed to participate in training camp activities.

James said unsigned rookies aren't considered holdouts until practice sessions begin. The Patriots have just under $3 million (base pay) available per the league's rookie pool to sign its seven draft picks.

Fifth-round selection Ryan Claridge, a linebacker from Nevada-Las Vegas, quarterback Matt Cassel, a seventh-rounder from Southern California, and tight end Andy Stokes of William Penn (the last player selected in the draft) have signed and will be in Foxborough today.

Mankins, penciled in atop the depth chart at left guard, is the only rookie likely to start, but Hobbs impressed enough at mini-camp to challenge for playing time as a nickel back, and Kaczur should be entrenched as a second-teamer by the end of camp.

''It's important for rookies to get into camp to earn their place with the team," said Hobbs's agent, Kevin Omell. ''Ellis is looking forward to getting onto the field as soon as possible."

By July 31, all 32 teams will be in camp, though Philadelphia's veterans face the latest mandatory reporting date (Aug. 1).

Three teams -- Atlanta, St. Louis and San Diego -- joined the trend of holding training camp at the team's regular-season practice facility, as opposed to the traditional travel camp most often held on a small-town college campus.

Ten years ago, only six squads trained at home, but this year 15 teams will do so.

Green Bay is entering its 49th year at St. Norbert College in DePere, Wis. Three other teams have been at their training sites more than 35 years, including Pittsburgh, which has been at St. Vincent College (Latrobe, Pa.) for 39 years.

Redballjets88
07-20-2005, 03:40 PM
patriots are gay...they only won 2 superbowls the first one was rigged

Dave's PA Rental
07-20-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88

Is that what your daddy told you? You were 13 and it was past your bedtime...

Dave's PA Rental
07-20-2005, 04:46 PM
I guess not...

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=12160&pcid=41

Tedy Bruschi has decided to sit out the 2005 season while he continues to recover from a mild stroke suffered in mid-February. The Patriots issued a statement through media relations director Stacey James Wednesday afternoon.

Tedy Bruschi has decided to sit out the 2005 season while he continues to recover from a mild stroke suffered in mid-February.
The Patriots issued a statement through executive director of media relations Stacey James Wednesday afternoon.

“Since suffering a mild stroke on Feb. 16, 2005, Tedy Bruschi has focused on the short-term goal of getting better every day. His health has improved steadily during the past five months and Tedy continues to make daily improvements with his on-going rehabilitation. It has been an offseason of many emotional highs and lows for Tedy and his family. With the Patriots’ training camp reporting date now just over a week away, Tedy has reached a decision on his playing status for the upcoming season and has declared his intentions to forgo the 2005 campaign.

“The Bruschi family wanted to express their heartfelt appreciation for the tremendous outpouring of support they have received from fans throughout New England and others around the country. They also expressed their gratitude for the support and assistance provided by the entire Patriots organization. Tedy pledges to focus on his health and his family while continuing to offer on-going support to his teammates throughout the upcoming season.”

The Patriots maintained throughout the process that they would wait for Bruschi to make a decision and all information regarding the situation would come from him. While Bruschi has now said he will not play in 2005, there was no word as to his plans beyond this season. The announcement also included a statement from Head Coach Bill Belichick.

“All offseason, we have seen and felt Tedy’s strong and upbeat presence. As usual, we will keep the focus on the short term and address the future in due course. We are pleased Tedy continues to be part of the team and he has our complete support.”

Bruschi has been regularly attending workouts for much of the offseason and there was speculation that he was planning to return. He was present at last month’s mini-camp and was an active participant in the meeting rooms, but did not take part in any on-field work.

The Patriots were obviously planning for this possibility during the offseason when Belichick and Scott Pioli made several moves at the linebacker position to prepare for life without Bruschi. The team signed unrestricted free agents Chad Brown and Monty Beisel, and drafted Ryan Claridge in the fifth round in April. Even without the captain, the Patriots still have 16 linebackers currently on the roster.

vhzedrocks
07-20-2005, 06:36 PM
You know he'll be in the game behind the scenes he's gonna do good and so will the patriots!!

Va Beach VH Fan
07-20-2005, 08:04 PM
I think that's best, I don't even think he should ever play again (no, that's not a selfish opinion)....

Bill Lumbergh
07-20-2005, 08:35 PM

No doubt the Rams got screwed.

Nickdfresh
07-20-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
I should close the fucking thing...

;)

I agree, you should.

DLR7884
07-20-2005, 09:23 PM

Shut up you little fucking homo.

DLR7884
You were busy having one of your first "nocturnal emissions" when Vinatieri kicked the game winner against the Rams....so shut it.

Dave's PA Rental
07-21-2005, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
I think that's best, I don't even think he should ever play again (no, that's not a selfish opinion)....

When he had his stroke, I told my 8th grade kids that he would never play football again...

My heart is broken...

ALinChainz
07-21-2005, 11:10 PM
Bruschi can be just as pivotal off the field as on. The Pats are unmatched at reloading here the last few seasons and they will have no problem making up for his performance on the field, I think he will be equally as valuable as a "coach" on the sidelines and locker room.

I think the Pats will be harder pressed to replace Weis and Crennel in my opinion. Not that they won't, but I believe that will be the bigger adjustment.

ben halen
07-22-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
I think the Pats will be harder pressed to replace Weis and Crennel in my opinion. Not that they won't, but I believe that will be the bigger adjustment.

"In Bill We Trust"

Not to worry.

vheddyrmv8
07-22-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by ben halen
"In Bill We Trust"

Not to worry.

Exactally.

Dave's PA Rental
07-28-2005, 11:01 PM
Ted Johnson retires. Whaaaaaaa?

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=12227&pcid=47

VHdamaco
07-29-2005, 11:29 AM
i was a bit cuntfused as well...

head injuries? this is the first i've ever heard about him and dome problems...

Dave's PA Rental
09-08-2005, 07:20 PM
Tonights keys to the game:

#1. How Ben Watson fits into this offense. Look for a big game from the tight end. Brady has never had a weapon like this at TE before, so look out Raiders D! Of course, he seems to get injured, so lets see if he can stay healthy.

#2. The Oakland Raiders are going to surprise alot of people this year. Look for the big D ends to try and contain the Pats running game. Randy Moss is still the best reciever in the NFL, so the Pat's D will be tested early and often tonight.

#3. It seems like the Pat's lately have started off the season a bit soft (see the Buffalo game two years ago), but they seem to do well on the National stage and are almost unbeatable at home.

The pick: Patriots 23, Raiders 17

Dave's PA Rental
09-08-2005, 07:29 PM
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL???!!!!!

Va Beach VH Fan
09-08-2005, 08:17 PM
I almost said Let's Go Raiders, but I caught myself...

I'm just glad football is back....

Fairwrning
09-08-2005, 08:52 PM
Dude..whats up with Ozzy lip-synching the opening...other than that ..i actually got a chill when they unveiled the Super Bowl Champion banner...and i hate the freakin Patriots...

Va Beach VH Fan
09-08-2005, 09:00 PM
Glad I missed it then....

Although I was listening to Ozzy, in his Tribute CD that is.....

Va Beach VH Fan
09-08-2005, 09:02 PM
And can they get someone other than Hank Williams Jr. ??

Just tired of that guy for some reason....

TheManWithNoName
09-08-2005, 09:18 PM
WOW!

The Patriots look Golden!

Down 7-0 early. That's absolutely GR8!

vheddyrmv8
09-08-2005, 10:34 PM
14-17 now, Pats ahead.

rustoffa
09-08-2005, 10:49 PM
Goddamn....gimme a pass rush.

vheddyrmv8
09-08-2005, 11:18 PM
Pats cash in on an interception, 14-23 Patriots leading, the Pats are starting to get into the groove. Close game though.

MAX
09-09-2005, 12:18 AM
Once again, Brady's lookin' awful good. Dude is a fuckin' solid QB.

Plus and as a bonus, I'm watching them beat The Quivverin' Crack, Granma Al's Rest home Raiders. This couldn't be more fitting for me, having that cunt Moss end up on that squad. Fuckin' criminal on a cunt team where their idea of tailgating is BBQ'ing a stray dog in the parking lot.

Yes, I love The Raiders, cun't y'all tell?

rustoffa
09-09-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Once again, Brady's lookin' awful good. Dude is a fuckin' solid QB.

Plus and as a bonus, I'm watching them beat The Quivverin' Crack, Granma Al's Rest home Raiders. This couldn't be more fitting for me, having that cunt Moss end up on that squad. Fuckin' criminal on a cunt team where their idea of tailgating is BBQ'ing a stray dog in the parking lot.

Yes, I love The Raiders, cun't y'all tell?

Ouch!
:D

MAX
09-09-2005, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Ouch!
:D

What's shakin' Stoffa?

Let's see, tis' footy season now which means...

Ski season tis' right around the corner. :D

Soooo...

Are you and me gonna hit the slopes and the Red Iguana or what?