PDA

View Full Version : Mojo honour for punk star Sioux

rustoffa
06-17-2005, 09:54 PM
Mojo honour for punk star Sioux

Punk star Siouxsie Sioux has beaten David Bowie and The Ramones to music magazine Mojo's top award.

The Siouxsie and the Banshees singer took its Icon award in a readers' vote.

Paul Weller took the songwriter award, The Magic Numbers were named best new act and rock band Gang of Four took the inspiration prize in a London ceremony.

Madness took the Hall of Fame award. Mojo editor-in-chief Phil Alexander said: "This was an amazing night which brought together real musical heroes."

'Spectacular career'

The awards aim to honour past and recent stars "whose careers have been responsible for enhancing our rich musical culture".

Led Zeppelin star Jimmy Page, Pink Floyd's David Gilmour, U2 guitarist The Edge and Sinead O'Connor were among the musicians to present prizes in the Porchester Hall ceremony on Thursday.

Sioux won the Icon award for her "spectacular career on a global scale", also beating the late Mark Bolan and ex-Sex Pistols star John Lydon in the process.

Accepting her award, she struck a customary defiant note when she complained about the lack of women among the winners.

"I'm the token female winner," the 48-year-old said. "I think we need a few more women up here."

Sioux - real name Susan Dallion - was part of the high-profile Bromley Contingent of Sex Pistols fans in the 1970s.

She went on to form Siouxsie and the Banshees and The Creatures, blending goth rock with world and dance music to score a total of 21 hit singles in the UK.

here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4100348.stm)

This girl I used to bounce around along time ago drug me to a Banshees show one night. It was a pleasant surprise...."charasmatic" is an understatement regarding Siouxsie.

The early stuff is killer, I could give a fuck less about alot of it. Not that long ago, I experienced an impromptu "meet and greet" with Ms. Sioux at a high-end mall that another chick had drug me too. I was so fucking starstruck I couldn't put words together. She was VERY down-to-earth and VERY HOT.

Flame away motherfuckers.
:D

Soul Reaper
06-18-2005, 05:23 AM
?

Sioux who?

Jérôme Frenchise
06-18-2005, 11:09 AM
Siouxsie and the Banshees, young man...

Soul Reaper
06-18-2005, 05:25 PM
never heard of them, old man