PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Page to guest on Jerry Lee Lewis CD

Hardrock69
06-21-2005, 11:19 AM
June 20, 2005

According to The RockRadio.com, LED ZEPPELIN legend Jimmy Page was in a studio in London on June 15, 2005 to lay down some guitar work for an upcoming JERRY LEE LEWIS release, to be titled "The Pilgrim", reports Jimmy Page Online.

Lewis recorded his rendition of the LED ZEPPELIN classic "Rock and Roll" on which Page played "an amazing solo," according to Rip.

The new CD, scheduled for release in September 2005, will feature some of the greatest names in music history. In addition to Page, artists reportedly taking part include B. B. King, Bruce Springsteen, Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood, Neil Young, Toby Keith, John Fogerty, Keith Richards, Robbie Robertson, Merle Haggard, Kid Rock, Rod Stewart, Willie Nelson, George Jones, Little Richard, Delaney Bramlett, Buddy Guy, Don Henley, Kris Kristofferson, Eric Clapton and Ringo Starr.

Matt White
06-21-2005, 11:23 AM
Jimmy must be lending the KILLER the 'ol "Hammer of the Gods" to see if it will generate any fan interest!

Hardrock69
06-21-2005, 12:25 PM
Yeah well, we only have Jerry Lee and Little Richard left from the pantheon of 1950s Rock Gods...

Terry
06-21-2005, 09:37 PM
Jerry Lee Lewis and Jimmy Page.

Wow.

Am eagerly awaiting THAT collaboration. One hopes it's half as good as the Page/Puff Daddy, P.Diddy, Whatever The Fuck He's Calling Himself This Week contribution to the Godzilla soundtrack.

Here's a title suggestion: 'Who's been washed up longer?', and you can have Page and Lewis on the cover, pointing at each other.

BrownSound1
06-21-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Yeah well, we only have Jerry Lee and Little Richard left from the pantheon of 1950s Rock Gods...

What about Chuck Berry? I would certainly put him in that class...perhaps at the top.

Hardrock69
06-22-2005, 11:30 AM
Oops...my bad...

I knew I was forgetting someone...

:cool:

Loons The Great
06-23-2005, 10:42 AM
Bo Diddley
Link Wray

BrownSound1
06-23-2005, 11:22 AM
Bo Diddly maybe....Link Wray was more underground.

Hardrock69
06-23-2005, 11:29 AM
Yeah....I said Rock GODS, not Rock Musicians...

mentalpancake
06-24-2005, 09:45 PM
Jerry Lee Lewis is still alive? I honestly didn't know this.

OfficerJimmy
06-25-2005, 08:09 AM
What about Chuck Berry? I would certainly put him in that class...perhaps at the top.

I don't know at the top. From what I heard nowadays his performances suck, he forgets lyrics, and he's a very bitter man (which considering the race issues in the '50s is somewhat understandable.) I don't even know if Little Richard performs anymore, but from what I've seen of him he seems like a decent guy.

Oh yeah, I hate Jimmy Page, but I've always had my own biases against him that I guess seem pretty stupid considering he's a rocker.

FORD
06-25-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by mentalpancake
Jerry Lee Lewis is still alive? I honestly didn't know this.

Unfortunately, not for long by the looks of him. That's probably why he did this album, just as Ray Charles and Frank Sinatra did similar projects when they knew their days were numbered. :(

Loons The Great
06-25-2005, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Unfortunately, not for long by the looks of him. That's probably why he did this album, just as Ray Charles and Frank Sinatra did similar projects when they knew their days were numbered. :(

That's a very well taken point, FORD.

I don't care for that Ray Charles album...it hardly sounds like ol' Pappa Ray...

...If you hear somebody knockin' on your door...

Loons The Great
06-25-2005, 08:45 PM
My favourite Jerry Lee Lewis albums are the album cut in Hamburg, the Sun records, and The Million Dollar Quartet fo' sho'...yez yeah...