PDA

View Full Version : How about Some NFL! Which teams may surprise this year?

POJO_Risin
06-22-2005, 11:58 AM
Alright...I love these articles...especially before camp...

there's always a surprise team...and the newest deal is to try and find them before the season starts...

So here we go...

1. Arizona...they were on this list last year...so I'm not buying it...although they have talent...but fucking Kurt Warner is a bum...a contention I've made for 5 years...and been right each fucking year...

he won't improve this year...

2. Carolina...they were 7-9 last year...but should have made the playoffs...they'll be better than Atlanta...win the division...and be a favorite for the Supe...

3. Kansas City...do they have a defense yet? A good coach yes...a bad defense...yes...a playoff appearance?...no fucking way...

4. Detroit...I like Harrington...but think he'll fold under the pressure...then we'll get to see Garcia show the world why he isn't a good qb anymore...the rest of the team is stacked...so I see Detroit reaching out and getting a good starter next year...

5. Dallas...I think Bledsoe sucks ass...but he's better than anything they've had there since Parcells showed up...but they have a slew of holes...and a new defensive system coming in...so I don't know...I like Julius Jones now...so the offense should be improved...from the Carter/Hambrick/Eddie George farce...what a waste on Drew Henson...the guys has completed an unholy tandem...underperforming for the Yankees and the Cowboys...arguably MLB and the NFL's most notable teams...congrats...

6. The Giants...I can't believe I'm saying this...but I think Manning is going to have a great year...a better line...a better target...NY will surprise some teams...

out of these teams...the Panthers should be the best...maybe THE best...we shall see though...we shall see...

MAX
06-22-2005, 12:30 PM
LOL @ Warner and Bledsoe cos I couldn't agree more. I never, ever understood the hype with those two? Warner just lucked out cos of Green's injury that Superbowl year. That Ram team that year would have been just as flawless with Trent as QB. IMO.

Bledsoe, fuck, I'll admit he has/had an arm and can gun a ball but other than that, wtf?

Achbar
06-22-2005, 12:49 PM
San Diego Chargers! Not followed by non- San Diegans. Bet 'em all year, and laugh all the way to the bank!

Achbar
06-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Here's a picture of your sister's snatch!

POJO_Risin
06-22-2005, 01:01 PM
Yeah...San Diego would be a surprise to make it to the playoffs...a year after winning their division and making it to the playoffs...

ALinChainz
06-22-2005, 03:03 PM
I'm not so sure about the Lions this season ... a lot of young skill position players. It's possible they gel by mid season to make a run, but like you said poj, if Harrington doesn't show big signs of coming around, a new QB is in order.

The team is becoming stacked with speed and young playmakers though, could be, and should be, an exciting year.

POJO_Risin
06-22-2005, 03:34 PM
Exciting no doubt...and I do like Mariuchi as well...great coach...IMO...vastly underrated...

VHdamaco
06-22-2005, 03:49 PM
what. no mention of the perennial "we're going to do well this year" team the skins?

the d should keep them in games. i just hope ramsey finally gels with gibbs' system and portis keeps chuggin like he has. i don't want to see philly win NFC east title number five in a row...

if not the skins then the giants. if that can't happen, than philly can take it. never will i root for dallas...

VHdamaco
06-22-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Exciting no doubt...and I do like Mariuchi as well...great coach...IMO...vastly underrated...

i concur with you there poj...

im trying to remember, was he booted out of san fairy-cisco, or did he leave on his own accord?

if harrington can't average damn near 300 yards a game with those recievers at his sides, then there is something wrong with him...

ALinChainz
06-22-2005, 03:52 PM
Gonna be tough for the Skins.

Smallish receivers, Arrington is out, need to generate some pass rush. Sean Taylor really being an asshole.

Got to hope Portis returns to form with the revamped running plays they want to implement to make best use of his cut back style and that Ramsey improves in his role.

Philly still wins the division though I think.

Warham
06-22-2005, 03:54 PM
I think Kevin Jones will have a stellar season in Detroit. I see no less than 1,400 rushing yards this year.

ALinChainz
06-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Yep, and 10-12 TDs along with it.

Warham
06-22-2005, 03:58 PM
I can only hope. I was always tired over the years of seeing Detroit try to pass the ball on 2nd and 1, or 3rd and 1 near the goalline. Barry never got enough TDs because of Fontes coaching in those situations.

And I LIKED Wayne Fontes.

VHdamaco
06-22-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
Gonna be tough for the Skins.

Smallish receivers, Arrington is out, need to generate some pass rush. Sean Taylor really being an asshole.

got a speedy mofo in moss, i can't remember if gardner got traded yet (or was he in the package for moss?). they may be small, but so were the smurfs way back in the day. cooley will hopefully continue to produce out of the hback role. maybe trash can step it up a bit...

at this point, i've given up on taylor. if he comes back great, if not, fuck him. he only did it to himself...

we had the number 2 or 3 defense in the league last year without the aid of arrington. i'd imagine that williams and his staff will have that end covered by the start of the season...

POJO_Risin
06-22-2005, 04:05 PM
Mooch was fired after a 10-6 season...

on Kevin Jones...he still has to prove he can stay healthy a whole season...if he does...I have no doubt that those numbers will be close to right...we'll see though...we'll see...

Nickdfresh
06-25-2005, 07:42 PM
I'm hopin' BUFFALO does something this year, like make the playoffs for the first time in about five seasons. But I'm not overly optimistic with rookie quarterback LOSEMAN.

thome
06-25-2005, 07:46 PM
I allways look forward to August like freek GO CHIEFS

Unchainme
06-29-2005, 10:14 PM
I think Cleveland might be able to at least have a decent seaon this year at least 7-9.