PDA

View Full Version : Dean Smacks Cheney

LoungeMachine
06-22-2005, 06:13 PM
Updated: 06:09 PM EDT
Dean Answers Cheney's Barb About His Mother

AP
"I don't care if Dick Cheney likes my mother or not. We are going to fight back," Howard Dean says.

BOSTON (June 21) - Democratic Party Chairman Howard Dean, responding to criticism from the vice president, said he doesn't ''care if Dick Cheney likes my mother or not.''

The vice president said in a recent interview that Dean was not the type of person to lead a political party and mentioned the chairman's mother.

''I've never been able to understand his appeal. Maybe his mother loved him, but I've never met anybody who does. He's never won anything, as best I can tell,'' Cheney said in an interview on Fox News Channel's ''Hannity & Colmes.''

Dean was elected governor of Vermont five times between 1992 and 2000. He ran for the 2004 Democratic presidential nomination but closed down his campaign after stumbling in the early primaries.

Dean has recently described the GOP as ''pretty much a white, Christian party'' and said many Republicans have ''never made an honest living.'' Republican leaders have called on him to apologize, and even some Democrats have distanced themselves from his remarks.

Dean, in Boston on Monday for a fundraiser, told fellow Democrats that Republicans want a smaller government, but ''their government is just big enough to fit inside Terri Schiavo's bed in the nursing home. We can do better than that.''

Earlier this year, Dean, a physician, accused congressional Republicans of grandstanding in trying to keep the brain-damaged woman alive and said Democrats will use that against them in coming elections.

The party chairman also said on Monday that Democrats can win in traditionally Republican states.

''But we gotta be there and fight in order to do it. And believe me, we are going to fight back. I don't care if Dick Cheney likes my mother or not. We are going to fight back,'' Dean said to cheers and applause. ''I think it's great that Dick Cheney went after me, to be honest. At least they notice there's a Democratic Party that's not going to put up with this stuff any more. So there's a lot we're gonna do.''

academic punk
06-22-2005, 06:22 PM
Somewhere...FORD is smiling ear to ear.

Warham
06-22-2005, 06:24 PM
I know I've been smiling since Dean became DNC chair.

academic punk
06-22-2005, 06:24 PM
But this really does belong in the "Is howard dean's raised voice raising money?" thread...

LoungeMachine
06-22-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
But this really does belong in the "Is howard dean's raised voice raising money?" thread...

FORD is free to move it there, and then delete this.

Don't you have a tortoise to molest, or something?:D

LoungeMachine
06-22-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Warham
I know I've been smiling since Dean became DNC chair.

Probably the same grin I get everytime I hear the name Santorum:D

or Delay:D

or Jeff Guckert:D

academic punk
06-22-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
FORD is free to move it there, and then delete this.

Don't you have a tortoise to molest, or something?:D

Tuttles is slumbering in my bathtub for a little while....

...recovering...
;)

academic punk
06-22-2005, 06:30 PM
Probably the same grin I get everytime I hear the name Santorum:D

or Delay:D

or Jeff Guckert:D

You've been having fantasies about being santorum'd by Jeff Guckert???

(Because unless I miss my guess, that "smae smile" is b/c Warham has those fantasies about Dean)

LoungeMachine
06-22-2005, 06:33 PM
You've been having fantasies about being santorum'd by Jeff Guckert???

That's it.

I'm reporting you to the ASPCA For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge of hardshelled reptiles

without a permit:D

academic punk
06-22-2005, 06:35 PM
That's it.

I'm reporting you to the ASPCA For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge of hardshelled reptiles

It would be, to say the least, difficult to convince you - or myself - that this was in any way consenual.

academic punk
06-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Then again, it worked for Jacko...

LoungeMachine
06-22-2005, 06:38 PM
It would be, to say the least, difficult to convince you - or myself - that this was in any way consenual.

Faaack:D

I now know what Full Sail Amber taste like through the nasal passages:p

Swear to God. Hardest I've laughed in months.:cool:

LoungeMachine
06-22-2005, 06:40 PM

Reminds me of a Jake Johanson comic bit he used to do about HUNTING TURTLES............WITH A DRILL [cuz they're so slow ]

Problem is, said Jake, is you need to put your foot on their shell as you drill 'em......or they just spin around and around and around:D

thome
06-22-2005, 06:40 PM
YEAHHH I.LIKE DICK

academic punk
06-22-2005, 06:41 PM
shut up TombMe

thome
06-22-2005, 06:41 PM
Please use that against me in a future post

LoungeMachine
06-22-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by thome
Please use that against me in a future post

Assuming you will have future posts.......:rolleyes:

FORD
06-22-2005, 07:07 PM
Somewhere...FORD is smiling ear to ear.

Oh HELL yeah!! :D

FORD
06-22-2005, 07:09 PM

After all the recent Durbin threads, I really don't want to hear the bitching about it.....

Warham
06-22-2005, 07:11 PM
I like all the Dean threads. FORD was closing them left and right a few weeks ago, much to my dismay.

FORD
06-22-2005, 07:18 PM
I like all the Dean threads. FORD was closing them left and right a few weeks ago, much to my dismay.

Blame it on Brian. He started whining about any two threads with "Dean" in the subject being a "dupe". So when he started posting even more such threads, I had no choice but to hold him to his own standard..

DrMaddVibe
06-22-2005, 07:21 PM
http://homepage.mac.com/lileks/.Public/Yeagh.mp3

DrMaddVibe
06-22-2005, 07:23 PM
http://jimtreacher.com/uncanny2.wav

thome
06-22-2005, 07:28 PM
Where would you be with out DICK YEAAAAH!! Smack that up!!
DICK SMACKS YEAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYH!!!!!!!!

You can use that against me in a future post

Warham
06-22-2005, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
http://homepage.mac.com/lileks/.Public/Yeagh.mp3

I can't help but laugh when I hear that, no matter how many times it's been replayed.

DrMaddVibe
06-22-2005, 08:14 PM
I can't help but laugh when I hear that, no matter how many times it's been replayed.

I know the feeling!

Seinfeld, Carlin, Williams, Allen, Foxx, Pryor, Murphy combined ain't got the comedic gold to rival Dean!

What a fucking jagoff of a human!

There's even morons dumb enough to swallow him up too!