PDA

View Full Version : Terry Porter canned in Milwaukee

POJO_Risin
06-22-2005, 06:28 PM
Porter was on last night talking about how much he appreciated the vote of confidence management gave him last week...

and that he would choose between Marvin Williams and that big goof from Utah sometime this weekend...Bogut...

lmfao...keep on choosing Terry...keep on choosing...

Va Beach VH Fan
06-22-2005, 07:02 PM
I saw they were looking towards Flip Saunders....

POJO_Risin
06-22-2005, 07:04 PM
Hey Va...

have I mentioned that the webmasters think you've been doing a GREAT JOB!...;)

Va Beach VH Fan
06-22-2005, 07:07 PM
What the fuck does that mean ???

POJO_Risin
06-22-2005, 07:09 PM
Nothing man...administration is just giving you a "vote" of "confidence!"

;)

Warham
06-22-2005, 07:14 PM
Terry who?

Va Beach VH Fan
06-22-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Nothing man...administration is just giving you a "vote" of "confidence!"

;)

Uh oh..... ;)

Brett
06-23-2005, 12:47 AM
Who are the Bucks?

POJO_Risin
06-23-2005, 12:54 AM
The Ohio State Buckeyes?

The crookedest team in the big 11...

who happen to be my favorite team...

and who will be damn good this year...and will upset Iowa...roll of the WolverQueens...

and lose to Northwestern to keep them out of the National Title game...

Then find out that they are all pimping the cheerleaders...and be declared ineligible...

High Life Man
06-23-2005, 12:36 PM
Fuck the NBA.

So lame.

That being said, I'd choose Bogut.

I wonder if Larry Harris will persuade his old man to come back.

High Life Man
06-23-2005, 12:37 PM
And before I forget.

FUCK OSU!

On Wisconsin!

ALinChainz
06-23-2005, 12:42 PM
They almost have to take Bogut. Big men are always at a premium.

Williams of UNC is a slight possibility, but my money would be on the 7-0 Aussie.

Oh and ... GO BLUE!

:D

POJO_Risin
06-23-2005, 12:49 PM
So the question I have is this...is it possible that Bogut is a bust?

I'll be honest..I didn't pay much attention to Bogut...but he's gotta have freakin' Luc Longley Baggage...doesn't he?

ALinChainz
06-23-2005, 01:03 PM
Dont know much about him other than 20+ ppg and 12+ rpg and one or two POY awards.

Seems to be a sensible kid from the interviews I've read.

Hard to say really with the big guys. He knows he needs to add strength.

Brett
06-23-2005, 01:26 PM
Good big men from the draft are highly overrated. Give me a good, quick guard who can defend and shoot anyday. Bogut will be a total bust, you watch.

How many good big men have come out of the last few years who truly have made an impact? Not many, but I can name about 50 guards who have.

Chris Paul will turn out to be the best player in the draft, you watch.

ALinChainz
06-23-2005, 01:40 PM
Depends on whether or not you are talking players that only play center, or what the definition of "big" is.

Brett
06-23-2005, 01:54 PM
Power forwards OR centers. There have been very few that have made an impact compared to the amount of guards that have. The NBA is just a guard-dominated league now.

POJO_Risin
06-23-2005, 02:02 PM
Chris Paul is a stud...not sure about his head though...he may have Kenny Anderson written all over him...

Marvin Williams is a player...and can play some D too...but I don't think will be an impact player for a couple of years...

POJO_Risin
06-23-2005, 02:03 PM
I agree with you Brett...the only way I take a big man early...is if he's a guaranteed stud...like Shaq...

how many early round big men have been wastes...

ALinChainz
06-23-2005, 02:08 PM
It is a non-center dominated league, but right at the top of last years draft, Howard and Okefor, neither were busts in my opinion.

And 7-0 Harrison for the Pacers made not have made an impact, but played pretty solid while O'Neal was out.

And there is a kid on the horizon, Greg Oden from Indiana who won HS POY as a junior, only LeBron before him did that.

POJO_Risin
06-23-2005, 02:12 PM
Oden's the kid that's going to Duke right...yeah...I hear good things about him...

My take on it Al is that when you draft a kid top 10...you are thinking big things...he's going to become an all-star...

so IMO...if he doesn't do that initially...or eventually...but is servicable...you make a case for a bust...

Okefor will more than likely do that...become an all-star...Howard...maybe...not a bust...but I don't know that I saw enough of him to confidently say he's going to be an impact player...to early to tell.

With Okefor...you already see it...

POJO_Risin
06-23-2005, 02:13 PM
You eventually win with good big men...which is why teams gamble on big men. Bogut won Player of the Year as you said...has great stats...and will get taken early...

I don't know that he'll be any good...because I just didn't see him much...and when I did...I didn't see NBA movement...we'll see...

ALinChainz
06-23-2005, 02:22 PM
I didn't see much of these players either, only what I've read. With all the European players, underclassmen, and high school kids, it's hard to gauge the NBA Draft anymore.

Howard didn't score as much as I thought, but his rebounding for coming out of high school was ahead of the curve definitely.

Everyone wants a Garnett, 7-0 with mad skills, and there just aren't many Shaqs out there.

POJO_Risin
06-23-2005, 02:32 PM
There aren't many Shaqs out there because they don't have time to develop...

the really good...hall of fame calibre centers that have come out...guys like Duncan (really a PF), Shaq, Ewing, Olajuwan...guys like that all had 1 thing in common in college...raw defensive athleticism...

they dominated games in the paint...

there just aren't players like that coming up because to be honest...the NBA isn't LOOKING FOR THEM...

Jordan essentially...put the kabosh on that kind of player...everyone wanted to be Jordan...

I agree to some extent with the next Garnett...although...some may now say...the next LeBron...

If you roll through the last 5 or 6 drafts...they are actually a little painful to look at...NOT a lot of impact players to say the least...

but most aren't centers...and most aren't top 10 picks...

ALinChainz
06-23-2005, 02:36 PM
I agree.

With the rookie pay scale and the younger the players get, the first 3 years for most players is developing "on the job" instead of in college where they did before.

All the players you mentioned, except for KG and LeBron, had stellar college careers.

I have read too where many potential hoop players are playing football instead, like Gonzo and Gates.

Va Beach VH Fan
06-23-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
guys like Duncan (really a PF), Shaq, Ewing, Olajuwan...guys like that all had 1 thing in common in college...raw defensive athleticism...

You forgot Shawn Bradley... ;)

POJO_Risin
06-23-2005, 02:46 PM
It's a different world...than it was when I was a kid watching hoops...

a lot more teams...a lot more kids...

all more talented...but all less skilled...

and it's not just because of the skipping of college...

I firmly believe it's the coaching at lower levels...kids aren't nearly as skilled as they could be...which really makes me wonder about these "camps" these kids goto to "learn" how to post up and shit like that...

they just don't fucking work...

The game is just a different brand...

You look at the NBA...at a team like Detroit...and San Antonio...and they are praised for their defense...

but it's funny...the greats in the 80's all were defensively sound as well...but could lights out...

how many pure jump shooters are there in the NBA? remember when a team was put together out of need? There are so many fucking hybrids...centers that can play 2...

guards that can play 3 positions...

I miss the days of strict positions...would MAGIC JOHNSON play point guard today? Fuck no...he'd be out there guarding forwards ALL the time...and bringing up the ball less.

It's a strange league...strange indeed...and I find it funny that teams are searching for good shooting guards...because not many 2's can actually shoot...

POJO_Risin
06-23-2005, 02:48 PM
You're just mentioning Bradley because he's retiring...lmfao...

Bradley has stayed in this league as long as he has because he can play D...IE...presence...a more athletic Chuck Nevitt...

and he did have offensive skills...but he got his ass kicked underneath...

ALinChainz
06-23-2005, 02:50 PM
LOL ... I remember when Nevitt played for the Pistons.

High Life Man
06-24-2005, 04:22 PM
Interesting talk of Rick Majerus taking over...

He's good friends with Sen. Herb Kohl (the dairy queen...figure it out) who owns the Bucks.

POJO_Risin
06-24-2005, 07:05 PM
God I'm sick of Rick Majerus...

justinj
06-25-2005, 07:23 PM
I dont think he'll take over. Good move though, I think Terry Porter is an awful coach. They fired him for the wrong reason though. They're trying to land Flip Saunders, and its going to backfire when he ends up in Detroit.

Brett
06-27-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
LOL ... I remember when Nevitt played for the Pistons.

He did? I totally forgot that. Come on, he's a Laker great! :)

ALinChainz
06-27-2005, 06:56 PM
He did have a fairly long career for a nobody. The 7 footers usually do.

lol ... too funny.