PDA

View Full Version : Karl Rove Shoots His Big-Fat, Chickenhawk Mouth Off!

Nickdfresh
06-23-2005, 06:46 PM
Democrats demand Rove apology
Bush adviser said liberals urge ‘understanding’ for 9-11 attackers
The Associated Press
Updated: 4:03 p.m. ET June 23, 2005

NEW YORK - Democrats demanded Thursday that White House adviser Karl Rove either apologize or resign for accusing liberals of wanting “therapy and understanding” for the Sept. 11 attackers, escalating the rancor that threatens to consume Washington.

Rove’s comments — and the response from the political opposition — mirrored earlier flaps over Democratic chairman Howard Dean’s criticism of Republicans, a House Republican’s statement that Democrats demonize Christians and Democratic Sen. Dick Durbin’s comparison of the Guantanamo prison to Nazi camps and Soviet gulags.

White House press secretary Scott McClellan came to Rove’s defense, saying the president’s chief political adviser was “simply pointing out the different philosophies and different approaches when it comes to winning the war on terrorism.”

“Of course not,” McClellan said when asked by reporters whether President Bush will ask Rove to apologize.

What he said
Rove, in a speech Wednesday evening to the New York state Conservative Party just a few miles north of Ground Zero, said, “Liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers.” Conservatives, he said, “saw the savagery of 9/11 and the attacks and prepared for war.”

He added that the Democratic Party made the mistake of calling for “moderation and restraint” after the terrorist attacks.

During the 2004 campaign, Bush dismissed the notion of negotiating with terrorists and said, “You can’t sit back and hope that somehow therapy will work and they will change their ways.”

Rove’s comments quickly escalated the bitter divide between the parties that could get worse as Congress prepares for what may be a drawn-out political fight, possibly this summer, over a Supreme Court nominee.

New York Sen. Charles Schumer said Rover “took something that is virtually sacred to New Yorkers” — the tragedy of the Sept. 11 attacks — “and politicized it for political, opportunistic purposes.”

“Karl Rove is not just another political operative,” added New York’s other Democratic senator, Hillary Rodham Clinton. “He sits in the White House, a few doors down from the president.”

Rumsfeld caught in crossfire
At a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing Thursday, Clinton urged Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld to repudiate the “insulting comment.”

Rumsfeld replied that it “is unfortunate when things become so polarized or so politicized.”

Schumer and Clinton joined the four Democratic senators from Connecticut and New Jersey in a letter to Rove requesting that he immediately retract his comments. “To try to score partisan, political points at the expense of the 3,000 victims and their families was unacceptable and opportunistic,” they wrote.

Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., wrote a similar letter to Rove from House Democrats.

Schumer said Rove’s comments might have been made in the heat of the moment and he was willing to accept an apology. But “if they try to stonewall,” he said, “then I think resignation would be called for.”

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., also said Rove, the political mastermind behind Bush’s election victories, should fully apologize for his remarks or resign. Dean said Bush should “condemn Karl Rove’s desperate and divisive attempt to help the Republicans regain their political footing.”

Republicans condemn Pelosi
Republicans, meanwhile, have recently condemned House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., for calling the Iraq War a “grotesque mistake,” and demanded and finally got an apology from Durbin for his linking detainee abuse and Nazis.

And they were unapologetic about Rove’s comments.

“The Republican leadership priority is to have our troops hunt down, kill or capture terrorists before they try to attack us again at home,” said Ron Bonjean, spokesman for House Speaker Dennis Hastert, R-Ill.

“The Democratic leadership priority is to actively engage in the politics of division and distraction that can undermine our national security in favor of a left-wing agenda,” he said.

Increasing public doubts about the Iraq war have emboldened Democrats to challenge the president’s policies. Republicans, in turn, contend that criticism undermines the war on terror.

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, a Republican running for re-election in an overwhelmingly Democratic city, issued a statement urging both sides to keep politics out of the war on terrorism. “We owe it to those we lost to keep partisan politics out of the discussion and keep alive the united spirit that came out of 9/11,” he said.
© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8324598/

Fat fucking liar! Rove is a chickenhawk that slandered JOH McCAIN in 00!' Fucking drop dead alreay instead of sending AMERICAN troops to die in his oil war based on lies!:mad:

academic punk
06-23-2005, 06:47 PM
Who was the South Carolinan who birthed "dirty politics" and died of a brain tumor at the age of 40?

Just asking...

BigBadBrian
06-23-2005, 06:51 PM
“Liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers.”

You gotta admit...that's pretty much the truth.

:gulp:

thome
06-23-2005, 06:52 PM
Ro--ve vs. Laberals Now thats interesting

LoungeMachine
06-23-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

:gulp: BULL FUCKING SHIT YOU ASSHOLE

academic punk
06-23-2005, 06:54 PM

Uh...no.

But it seems SOMEONE who resides on Pennsylvania Avenue has a pretty relaxed approach to getting the guy who perpetrated the attacks...

(eager to go after and get the guy that he went into the job to get...but didn't really do much of a policy change after the fact...)

BigBadBrian
06-23-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
Uh...no.

Uh huh.

Yep.

Nickdfresh
06-23-2005, 06:57 PM
http://www.graffiks.com/dylan_articles/images/chickenhawks/chickenhawks_logo.gif
http://www.graffiks.com/dylan_articles/images/chickenhawks/rove.jpg
Name: Karl Rove
Born: 1950
Employer: The U.S. Taxpayer - Baal
Conflict Avoided: Vietnam

Notes: This little cherub was born on Christmas Day, 1950. Karl “Bush’s Brain” Rove ran George W.’s campaign, right down to the tiny detail of deciding Bush was going to run. The hardest part was convincing a horde of Republican skeptics that it could be done. He is said to have said of his boss, he’s "the kind of candidate and officeholder political hacks like me wait a lifetime to be associated with."

Now Karl’s Senior White House advisor. If he really is “Bush’s Brain,” and if the fondest wishes of former US Ambassador Joseph C. Wilson IV come true, one fine day Karl will be “frogmarched out of the White House in mandcuffs.” Will history record that event as “Bush’s Lobotomy?”

Chickenhawks (http://www.graffiks.com/dylan_articles/chickenhawks.html)

academic punk
06-23-2005, 06:59 PM
Uh huh.

Yep.

Well, as one of your so-called "liberals", I'm eager to see the son-of-a-bitch dangling with a noose around his neck around a lamppost in front of Ground Zero, which is twenty blocks from where I live, you fucking goofy idiot.

So shut up. (even though usually it's entertaining when youn display your ignorance with such enthusiasm)

can't help but notice you ignored the second half of my orioginal post.

Nickdfresh
06-23-2005, 06:59 PM

Whatever toughguy...

Why don't you defend sending AMERICAN kids to die in the desert for nothing along with your hero RUMSFELD?

BigBadBrian
06-23-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Whatever toughguy...

Why don't you defend sending AMERICAN kids to die in the desert for nothing along with your hero RUMSFELD?

If you'd recall, I've never defended Rumsfeld. Never.

Find a post or thread of me doing so. You won't be able to do it.

academic punk
06-23-2005, 07:03 PM

YOu've gone on record on no less than 80% of your posts defending the policies of this administration.

Guess who's setting those policies?

Checkmate.

Nickdfresh
06-23-2005, 07:03 PM

No, just his policies and his logic...Faulty logical bullshit like this.

thome
06-23-2005, 07:11 PM
Whatever toughguy...

WHOOH settle down our congress and the 72 % of the U.N. sent us
to IRAK

LoungeMachine
06-23-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by thome
to IRAK

:rolleyes:

Unprepared, under equipped, with no plan for an "insurgency":rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Now it's Congress' fault?\

and the UN ???

jeezus you're dumber than I thought:cool:

Guitar Shark
06-23-2005, 07:18 PM
to IRAK

I've been reading your posts for several days now and I am convinced you are either an alias, or playing a joke on us. I refuse to believe anyone aged 44 is actually this stupid.

If I'm wrong, please go away and pursue that GED.

thome
06-23-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Unprepared, under equipped, with no plan for an "insurgency":rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Now it's Congress' fault?\

and the UN ???

jeezus you're dumber than I thought:cool:
We are and allways have been the finest equiped Army in the world
try and turn that into a lie just prooves you dont think with your own
mind but believe made up stories in lying leftist filthy RAGS

and same to you other guy whos been bird dogging me from behind

You

Guitar Shark
06-23-2005, 07:31 PM
Try again. In English this time.

thome
06-23-2005, 07:36 PM
Eye' Mate you be a Vag. English enough fur ya.Damn furriner

LoungeMachine
06-23-2005, 07:38 PM

" sometimes you go to war with the army you have, not the army you want" - Field Marshall Von Rumsfeld

Thank God you're on the side of warham and Brie:cool:

LoungeMachine
06-23-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Try again. In English this time.

That WAS English for him, counselor:cool:

Warham
06-23-2005, 07:42 PM
Rove will apologize when Dean apologizes.

Guitar Shark
06-23-2005, 07:50 PM
This whole "apologize" stuff is hilarious to me.

I demand that he apologize!!!

So stupid.

LoungeMachine
06-23-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Warham

Bullshit.

Rove will apologize when Hell freezes over :rolleyes:

FORD
06-23-2005, 07:53 PM
"....Rove's grandfather was Karl Heinz Roverer, the Gauleiter of Oldenburg. Roverer was Reich-Statthalter---Nazi State Party Chairman---for his region. He was also a partner and senior engineer in the Roverer Sud-Deutche Ingenieurburo A. G. engineering firm, which built the Birkenau death camp, at which tens of thousands of Jews, Gypsies, dissidents and other were slaughtered en masse....."

"According to Bob Woodward's Bush at War, Bush attended a New York Yankees game soon after the September 11 World Trade Center disaster. He wore a fireman's jacket. As he threw out the first pitch, the crowd roared. Thousands of fans stuck out their arms with thumbs up. Karl Rove, sitting in the box of Yankee owner George Steinbrenner, likened the roar of the crowd to "a Nazi rally."

He would know...."

http://www.commondreams.org/views03/1006-08.htm

http://www.internetweekly.org/images/karl_rove_card.jpg

FORD
06-23-2005, 07:54 PM

Dean has nothing to apologize for. :cool:

LoungeMachine
06-23-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by FORD

NEITHER DID DURBIN

Guitar Shark
06-23-2005, 07:56 PM

After the election of 2008 he will. ;)

thome
06-23-2005, 07:57 PM

and same to you other guy whos been bird dogging me from behind

You

Thome is correct he knows thats the truth.OH KNOW im an alias of
myself.

Warham
06-23-2005, 07:58 PM
NEITHER DID DURBIN

I guess comparing our troops in Guantanamo to Nazis is OK for liberals then.

ODShowtime
06-23-2005, 08:00 PM

And yet we proved to the world that we can't get the job done. Great spectacle that it was, many were paying attention.

Guitar Shark
06-23-2005, 08:00 PM
I guess comparing our troops in Guantanamo to Nazis is OK for liberals then.

Once again War, his comments were about the Guantanamo policies, not the troops themselves.

But it was still stupid of him to say.

Saw ROTS the other day, btw... what a kickass flick.

thome
06-23-2005, 08:02 PM
Words ..Huh ..Good God YA'LL----I have not said anything about apologizing I agree the apology
stuff is made way more important than it should be

FORD
06-23-2005, 08:02 PM
NEITHER DID DURBIN

I agree. So why did he? :(

Warham
06-23-2005, 08:05 PM
Actually, our military was very successful at neutering the Iraqi army. We steamrolled right over them into Baghdad.

Now, we are fighting men who are not fighting a conventional war and are not holding the Geneva convention in any regard. We are in effect fighting with one hand tied behind our backs, because we can't use dirty tricks like bombing cars or strapping explosives to young children and have them walk out into a public square.

I think we have done quite well so far, considering the circumstances.

Nickdfresh
06-23-2005, 08:05 PM
ROVE is directly playing politics with terrorism. He's using the political equivalent of human shields!

AND DURBAN DID APOLOGIZE!

When will ROVE apologize for being one of the primary architects of killing 1,700+ US servicemen and upwards of 25K to 100K Iraqis? The fucking pussy never even served in the military. How dare he question anybodies' resolve on National Security? The only thing that fat fuck has served is himself (to a super-sized Happy Meal with and XXL Kool-Aid).

Warham
06-23-2005, 08:10 PM
Once again War, his comments were about the Guantanamo policies, not the troops themselves.

But it was still stupid of him to say.

Saw ROTS the other day, btw... what a kickass flick.

"If I read this to you and did not tell you that it was an FBI agent describing what Americans had done to prisoners in their control, you would most certainly believe this must have been done by Nazis, Soviets in their gulags, or some mad regime _ Pol Pot or others _ that had no concern for human beings," Durbin said.

Sounds like he's comparing the actions of the guards at Club Gitmo to the guards at Auswitch, not the policies they were following.

thome
06-23-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
And yet we proved to the world that we can't get the job done. Great spectacle that it was, many were paying attention.

Hey you may be somewhat forgetfull about the last time you payed
attention.. WE "US" rolled thru these "Insurgents Stronger Than Ever"
whit out even 4% resitance to our objective.. Stop lying to your self
thats" MOST" important and stop lying to the people on this web sight

Guitar Shark
06-23-2005, 08:13 PM
"If I read this to you and did not tell you that it was an FBI agent describing what Americans had done to prisoners in their control, you would most certainly believe this must have been done by Nazis, Soviets in their gulags, or some mad regime _ Pol Pot or others _ that had no concern for human beings," Durbin said.

Sounds like he's comparing the actions of the guards at Club Gitmo to the guards at Auswitch, not the policies they were following.

You may be right. The rest of his comments make clear that his big beef is with the way we've been handling Guantanamo. Either way, his comments could have been expressed much better.

Nickdfresh
06-23-2005, 08:17 PM

I think perhaps he rather meant prisoners being interrogated by the GESTAPO or NKVD, not necessarily AUSWITZCH.

ODShowtime
06-23-2005, 08:22 PM
Hey you may be somewhat forgetfull about the last time you payed
attention.. WE "US" rolled thru these "Insurgents Stronger Than Ever"
whit out even 4% resitance to our objective.. Stop lying to your self
thats" MOST" important and stop lying to the people on this web sight

What was the point of the war? It sure as hell wasn't having the US Army bled out in the desert like a stuck pig.

Nobody "rolled thru" insurgents, we rolled through the POS Iraqi Army.

What the fuck do you know about anything?

Warham
06-23-2005, 08:29 PM
I think perhaps he rather meant prisoners being interrogated by the GESTAPO or NKVD, not necessarily AUSWITZCH.

Thanks for the spelling correction.

Man, I've been bad lately. I need to make sure I have dictionary.com on my favorites.

thome
06-23-2005, 08:34 PM
ROVE is directly playing politics with terrorism. He's using the political equivalent of human shields!

AND DURBAN DID APOLOGIZE!

When will ROVE apologize for being one of the primary architects of killing 1,700+ US servicemen and upwards of 25K to 100K Iraqis? The fucking pussy never even served in the military. How dare he question anybodies' resolve on National Security? The only thing that fat fuck has served is himself (to a super-sized Happy Meal with and XXL Kool-Aid).

My freind my poor delusional friend OUR Government sent the troops
over there we us you and i Bush Rummy durbin did not kill any of our troops Silly Man!!!!!!!!they were killed by the iraqis. If the iraqis wouldn't have resisted in this No one would have died dont come back at me and say they had
to resist because then i will think you a Fool
WAKE UP DAMN SHIT FUK CRAP

Nickdfresh
06-23-2005, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the spelling correction.

Man, I've been bad lately. I need to make sure I have dictionary.com on my favorites.

I wasn't correcting your spelling, I always CAPITALIZE important things/proper nouns. It's a nervous SHEEP PEN tick, you'll be doing it soon too.;)

Warham
06-23-2005, 08:40 PM
LOL, even if you didn't mean to, I'm still glad I noticed it. ;)

Nickdfresh
06-23-2005, 08:42 PM
My freind my poor delusional friend OUR Government sent the troops
over there we us you and i Bush Rummy durbin did not kill any of our troops Silly Man!!!!!!!!they were killed by the iraqis. If the iraqis wouldn't have resisted in this No one would have died dont come back at me and say they had
to resist because then i will think you a Fool
WAKE UP DAMN SHIT FUK CRAP

Shit stain says what?
http://www.nerdgrrl.org/albums/winnipeg/please_speak_english.jpg
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=449749

ODShowtime
06-23-2005, 08:43 PM
that's funny

Warham
06-23-2005, 08:44 PM
ha ha

thome
06-23-2005, 09:02 PM
Hey nick That is funny Respond to my BUSH killed our soldiers Or
does the cat have your tounge

Nickdfresh
06-23-2005, 09:41 PM
Hey nick That is funny Respond to my BUSH killed our soldiers Or
does the cat have your tounge

Um, that's not what I said twat! At least get the quote correct!

FORD
06-24-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by academic punk
Who was the South Carolinan who birthed "dirty politics" and died of a brain tumor at the age of 40?

Just asking...

Lee "Satan" Atwater?

BigBadBrian
06-24-2005, 12:22 PM

You see, that's just it.

This administration WAS underprepared for the post-war aftermath.
There's no doubt about that.

Nobody could predict what would happen. That's my point entirely. Rummy the Dummy should've had more boots on the ground over there to handle the contingencies that came up. Noooooo......

However, I never agreed with the actual execution of the actual battle plan. We should have had more divisions and more firepower on the ground to absolutely cut off and annihilate any remaining Iraqi forces willing to fight after the initiial contact was made. We had the material, manpower, and willpower to make it happen but Rumsfeld caved to the oppositon who were screaming about money. He balked and decided to fight this fucking war on the cheap. Cheap...yeah, it's been more expensive in the long run, both in lives and money. :mad:

academic punk
06-24-2005, 12:24 PM
Lee "Satan" Atwater?

'Tis.

Funny what karma will do, eh?

LoungeMachine
06-24-2005, 12:31 PM
You see, that's just it.

Nobody could predict what would happen. That's my point entirely. Rummy the Dummy should've had more boots on the ground over there to handle the contingencies that came up. Noooooo......

However, I never agreed with the actual execution of the actual battle plan. We should have had more divisions and more firepower on the ground to absolutely cut off and annihilate any remaining Iraqi forces willing to fight after the initiial contact was made. We had the material, manpower, and willpower to make it happen but Rumsfeld caved to the oppositon who were screaming about money. He balked and decided to fight this fucking war on the cheap. Cheap...yeah, it's been more expensive in the long run, both in lives and money. :mad:

No one told ME Hell froze over........

Brie and I agree?:cool:

BigBadBrian
06-24-2005, 12:37 PM
No one told ME Hell froze over........

Brie and I agree?:cool:

Beers.

I'm buying. :D

LoungeMachine
06-24-2005, 12:38 PM
Beers.

I'm buying. :D

:D

FORD
06-24-2005, 12:39 PM
OK, first the bizarro Supreme Court vote, now this.....

Did I wake up in an alternative universe this morning??

http://www.shipbrook.com/karen/blog/images/spock.jpg

Steve Savicki
06-24-2005, 02:13 PM
"Just hours after learning about an outrageous speech delivered by Karl Rove, President Bush's most senior advisor, I went to the Senate floor -- and I spoke from my heart. I want to share those words with you -- not as a Democrat or Republican, not as a liberal or conservative -- but as an American.

I've attached part of my speech to the end of this email. But, before you read what I said, look again at what Karl Rove said:

(P)erhaps the most important difference between conservatives and liberals can be found in the area of national security. Conservatives saw the savagery of 9/11 and the attacks and prepared for war; liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers.

I hope you will join me right now in signing an open letter to the President urging him to thoroughly reject Karl Rove's purposeful attack on the patriotism of those who dare ask the tough questions that best protect American troops. Sign our open letter to President Bush now:

http://www.johnkerry.com/petition/rove.php

This isn't the first time that Karl Rove and other White House officials have sought to divide America in ways that make it harder to keep our country safe and our democracy strong. But, it should be the last. That's why I ended my speech with a call on President Bush to fire Karl Rove. It is the only way the President can make it clear that he rejects Rove's effort to distort one of the most unified and patriotic moments in American history into a cheap, divisive, political applause line.

That, of course, is what is most outrageous about Karl Rove's claim that President Bush's political opponents offered "therapy and understanding for our attackers." It isn't true. In the days after 9/11, there were no Democrats, no Republicans. We were all Americans, standing together. President Bush acknowledged that unity in a clear and compelling way at the time.

Now, Karl Rove is purposely twisting those days of unity in order to divide us for political gain. I hope you will act right now to join a growing chorus of Americans calling on the President to fire Karl Rove.

Please act right now. Sign our open letter to the President and pass it on to others. All Americans have to speak with one powerful voice in response to this outrage. I will continue speaking out and I know I can count on you to stand with me.

Sincerely,

John Kerry
Make America Safe, Not Divided
Excerpts of remarks by Senator John Kerry on the Senate floor on Thursday, June 23.

"None of us here will ever forget the hours after September 11... and the remarkable response of the American people as we came together as one to answer the attack on our homeland.... [I]t brought out the best of all of us in America.

That spirit of our country should never be reduced to a cheap, divisive political applause line from anyone who speaks for the President of the United States.

I am proud, as my colleagues on this side are, that after September 11, all of the people of this country rallied to President Bush's call for unity to meet the danger. There were no Democrats, there were no Republicans, there were only Americans. That is why it is really hard to believe that last night in New York... the most senior adviser to the President of the United States [was] purposely twisting those days of unity in order to divide us for political gain.

Rather than focusing attention on Osama bin Laden and finding him or rather than focusing attention on just smashing al-Qaida and uniting our effort, as we have been, he is, instead, challenging the patriotism of every American who is every bit as committed to fighting terror as is he.

Just days after 9/11, the Senate voted 98 to nothing, and the House voted 420 to 1, to authorize President Bush to use all necessary and appropriate force against terror. And after the bipartisan vote, President Bush said: "I'm gratified that the Congress has united so powerfully by taking this action. It sends a clear message. Our people are together and we will prevail."

That is not the message that was sent by Karl Rove in New York City last night. Last night, he said: "No more needs to be said about" their "motives."

I think a lot more needs to be said about Karl Rove's motives because they are not the people's motives... They are not the motives of a nation that found unity in that critical moment--Democrat and Republican alike, all of us as Americans.

If the President really believes his own words, if those words have meaning, he should at the very least expect a public apology from Karl Rove. And frankly, he ought to fire him. If the President of the United States knows the meaning of those words, then he ought to listen to the plea of Kristen Breitweiser, who lost her husband when the Twin Towers came crashing down. She said: "If you are going to use 9/11, use it to make this nation safer than it was on 9/11."

Karl Rove doesn't owe me an apology and he doesn't owe Democrats an apology. He owes the country an apology. He owes Kristen Breitweiser and a lot of people like her, those families, an apology. He owes an apology to every one of those families who paid the ultimate price on 9/11 and expect their government to be doing all possible to keep the unity of their country and to fight an effective war on terror.

The fact is, millions of Americans...are asking Washington for honesty, for results, and for leadership--not for political division. Before Karl Rove delivers another political assault, he ought to stop and think about those families and the unity of 9/11. "

Nickdfresh
06-24-2005, 02:22 PM
You see, that's just it.

The British were questioning why the US was failing to consider possible outcomes. (They have more experience fighting "colonial wars.")

FORD
06-24-2005, 02:38 PM
Only problem with Kerry's "letter" there is..... who do you think reads Junior's mail to him in the first place ;)

Nickdfresh
06-24-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
(by John Kerry)
This isn't the first time that Karl Rove and other White House officials have sought to divide America in ways that make it harder to keep our country safe and our democracy strong. But, it should be the last. That's why I ended my speech with a call on President Bush to fire Karl Rove. It is the only way the President can make it clear that he rejects Rove's effort to distort one of the most unified and patriotic moments in American history into a cheap, divisive, political applause line.

No, it isn't:

"However in 2000, no Democrat was smeared. In fact, the Republicans smeared one of their own. During the 2000 Republican primaries, George W. Bush and John McCain were locked in a close battle. After losing decisively in New Hampshire, the Bush team was very worried. They were facing a war veteran in John McCain that was better prepared and more experienced than their guy. With the South Carolina primary looming, the Bush Campaign had to think of something. Understanding that South Carolina could be a turning point in the campaign, they decided to run a 'push poll' in the state. A push poll is a form of pushing your point across to your voters by putting it in the form of a poll. That was exactly what the Bush Campaign did.

"According to Al Franken's book, The Lies and the Lying Liars who Tell them, this was how Bush's push-poll went.

'Caller: Hi. I am calling from an independent polling company and I was wondering if I could have a minute of your time to conduct a survey.

'Unsuspecting Voter: Uh...sure

'Caller: Great! If you knew that Senator John McCain was a cheat and a liar and a fraud, and that he has fathered an illegitimate black child, would you be more like to vote for him or less likely to vote for him?

'Unsuspecting Voter: Hmm. Probably less."

Bush engaged in this type of push polling and negative advertising right before the South Carolina Primary. Unfortunately for McCain, he had to explain to everyone he had not fathered an illegitimate black child. The truth was that McCain had the heart to adopt a girl named Bridget from Bangladesh. Thanks to Bush's Campaign tactics, perfected by advisor Karl Rove a close friend by the name of Lee Atwater, Bridget was McCain's downfall in South Carolina.

But that was not the only stunt Bush polled in South Carolina. Other rumors arose, saying that McCain was gay; that he was pro-abortion; that his wife had arrest warrants for giving alcohol to minors; that while Senator of Arizona he had voted for the largest tax increase ever; and a whole long list of others. All of those were obviously false. The tactic worked to perfection as Bush won the South Carolina primary, which had a crippling impact on McCain's chances for the Republican nomination. If it had not been for the fraudulent attacks in South Carolina, there might as well be a different president in the White House today.

With the smear tactic perfected, the Bush Administration was ready to try it out during the 2002 midterm elections. Obviously there was a lot at stake that November as both political parties were trying to grab a majority in Congress. Bush's senior advisor Karl Rove saw the Georgia Senate race as an opportunity. The incumbent Democrat Max Cleland was running against a very competitive Republican challenger by the name of Saxby Chambliss. Every political insider predicted that it would be a close election. And until the very last week, Cleland was ahead in the polls, almost comfortably. Karl Rove and the Republican National Committee helped fund advertisements that showed Cleland's face next to Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden because they claimed he voted against a defense bill. It suggested that Cleland was unpatriotic because he wasn't supporting our troops.

Many people forget who Max Cleland really is. Out of all the legislative leaders throughout our country, it is easy to say that John McCain and Max Cleland were most impacted by their service in the Vietnam War. McCain was a prisoner of war for years. Cleland lost both legs in combat. Both of these honorable men deserve our gratitude. It is ironic that both suffered a similar fate when facing a conservative Republican opponent. Except Cleland was attacked for being unpatriotic. But what should Cleland have given to his country, besides both of his legs, to finally convince Republicans that he was patriotic? It is amazing to me how fearless they are in going after distinguished war veterans. Cleland ended up losing that election, falling victim to the more-perfected right-wing attack machine.

We now sit here in the same predicament. Just recently, John F. Kerry was attacked for doing what he is most proud of - serving his country. Some Republicans claim there is doubt to whether or not he deserved his metals in Vietnam, proving once again that they are desperately deflecting attention away from the issues. On April 21st, John F. Kerry released his military records on his web site. I invite both his doubters and supporters to pay his site a visit at Johnkerry.com."

Link (http://www.thebluestate.com/article04-22-04republican.htm)

Karl ROVE is a big steamy pile of shit in my estimation.

DLR'sCock
06-24-2005, 02:46 PM
Rove is one of the lowest forms of life, scumbag, manipulating, murderous, self surving piece of shit. His day will come as it does for everyone, becuase no matter how far and how fast you run, you can't hide from the truth.

Steve Savicki
06-24-2005, 02:47 PM
Does this mean the conservatives who now regret their vote will be apologizing to Dean?

thome
06-24-2005, 02:52 PM
Cant we all just get along

Warham
06-24-2005, 04:41 PM
That letter is a snoozefest, much like the man who wrote it.

Keeyth
06-24-2005, 04:53 PM

That is just as insulting coming from you, you Rove wannabe. You oughta be made to apologize too, because that is just plain bullshit.
"Bush'sBigBadBrainBrian" lol!

FORD
06-24-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
Does this mean the conservatives who now regret their vote will be apologizing to Dean?

Yes, but then they also need to apologize to about half the country as well. I'm willing to forgive them, as long as they help us throw the BCE out and make sure it's permanent this time.

If this country is to survive at all, those fuckers must be cut out of the GOP machine once and for all.

thome
06-24-2005, 05:05 PM
Dont know nuttin about Rove: that aside why would you even think Mr
Kerry is worth your fingers on a keyboard after all the resounding
humiliation he was responsible for to his party his family and his
country .

Keeyth
06-24-2005, 05:09 PM
Dont know nuttin about Rove: that aside why would you even think Mr
Kerry is worth your fingers on a keyboard after all the resounding
humiliation he was responsible for to his party his family and his
country .

Humiliation? Listen Busheep, he won the second largest number of votes ever recorded for a candidate... ...and HE didn't cheat. Bush's party just found a way to cheat this time that they wouldn't get caught at. (ie; Electronic voting machines with no physical record.)

bobgnote
06-24-2005, 05:13 PM
Bullshit.

Rove will apologize when Hell freezes over :rolleyes:

Liberals are really only the Mr. Hat to the Conservative Mr. Garrison. Neither will have much left, upcoming.

Warham
06-24-2005, 05:15 PM
Rove shouldn't apologize.

Keeyth
06-24-2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by bobgnote
Liberals are really only the Mr. Hat to the Conservative Mr. Garrison. Neither will have much left, upcoming.

That would make you Mr. Hanky you piece of s**t!

Keeyth
06-24-2005, 05:17 PM
Rove shouldn't apologize.

You're right. He should resign. It would be the best thing to happen to this country in a long time. A step in the right direction finally.

thome
06-24-2005, 05:19 PM
That just means there are more idiots(maybe to harsh of a word i don't want to hurt your feelings) of voting age than the last
election .remember reality its within your grasp.
THINK LISTEN LEARN

Keeyth
06-24-2005, 05:24 PM
That just means there are more idiots(maybe to harsh of a word i don't want to hurt your feelings) of voting age than the last
election .remember reality its within your grasp.
THINK LISTEN LEARN

Oh my, you ARE an exceptionally stupid sheep, aren't you? How does it feel to be the human equivalent to an ostrich?? Or is your head up your ass instead of buried in the sand?

thome
06-24-2005, 05:28 PM
Its ok i take it all back, im sorry , now now now its ok

Warham
06-24-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Keeyth
You're right. He should resign. It would be the best thing to happen to this country in a long time. A step in the right direction finally.

Shouldn't resign either.

Keeyth
06-24-2005, 05:31 PM
Shouldn't resign either.

We've been through this kind of discussion before, and I know better than to try and convince you. So, how have you been War? Long time no argue! :D

Warham
06-24-2005, 05:36 PM
Oh, I'm just fine today!

Got the weekend off, and am lovin' it.

Nickdfresh
06-24-2005, 05:37 PM
Shouldn't resign either.

Hare kare would be just as good, no better.:)

Keeyth
06-24-2005, 05:44 PM
Oh, I'm just fine today!

Got the weekend off, and am lovin' it.

Right on! :D

BigBadBrian
06-24-2005, 05:51 PM
Shouldn't resign either.

Yes he should....the day Durbin resigns from the Senate.

Keeyth
06-24-2005, 05:55 PM

What was that? Did you say you're sorry yet?? :D

FORD
06-24-2005, 06:34 PM

Durbin is in the Senate because the people of Illinois elected him.

Nobody elected Rove. Or his pet chimp either.

thome
06-24-2005, 06:38 PM
Ford ,you are a hard ass, i respect you for that .

FORD
06-24-2005, 06:42 PM
Well, it's like they say...

When life throws you apples, make hard cider.
©2005 FORDisms Inc., a division of FORD Country LLC.

Warham
06-24-2005, 06:50 PM
Durbin is in the Senate because the people of Illinois elected him.

It looks like the citizens of Illinois made an error in judgement.

Guitar Shark
06-24-2005, 06:51 PM

The chimp was elected twice my warped friend... ;)

FORD
06-24-2005, 06:54 PM
It looks like the citizens of Illinois made an error in judgement.

Yeah, sometimes I'm not sure about Obama either. But he beat the Hell out of Alan Keyes. Or Seven of Nine's pervert husband.

LoungeMachine
06-24-2005, 06:56 PM

I would take that Quid Pro Quo in a HEARTBEAT:cool:

Keeyth
06-24-2005, 07:10 PM

Uh.. ...WRONG!
http://www.toostupidtobepresident.com/shockwave/the_bush.htm

Keeyth
06-24-2005, 07:11 PM
And for part two:
http://www.toostupidtobepresident.com/shockwave/grinch2.htm

Nickdfresh
06-24-2005, 08:44 PM

Well, once-and-a-half anyways..;)

LoungeMachine
06-24-2005, 08:51 PM
White House Backs Rove Over Sept. 11 Comments
By JIM ABRAMS, AP

WASHINGTON (June 24) - The White House is defending presidential adviser Karl Rove against Democratic demands that he apologize or quit for implying that liberals are soft on the Sept. 11 attackers and other terrorists.

"Conservatives saw the savagery of 9/11 and the attacks and prepared for war. Liberals saw the savagery... and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding to our attackers."
-- Karl Rove, presidential adviser

"[Rove's comments were] a slap in the face to the unity that America achieved after Sept. 11, 2001."
-- Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y.

"[Rove] was... telling it like it is when it comes to the different approaches for winning the war on terrorism."
-- Scott McClellan, White House press secretary

AP"If the president really believed his own words of unity, then he should fire Karl Rove... [Rove] owes an apology to every one of those families who paid the ultimate price on Sept. 11."
-- Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass.
Sources: ABC News, AP, kerry.senate.gov

Congressional Republicans joined the White House in standing solidly behind Rove, saying he shouldn't apologize and that he was outlining a philosophical divide between a president who sought to win the war on terrorism by taking the fight to the enemy and Democrats who questioned that approach.

The controversy, fought out in hearings, floor speeches and news conferences Thursday on Capitol Hill, was the latest of several highly contentious battles that have soured the already highly partisan atmosphere.

Earlier this week Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., apologized after being hit with a chorus of attacks from Republicans about comments in which he compared detainee treatment at the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, to the actions of Nazis and other repressive regimes.

Rove, the architect behind President Bush's election victories, on Wednesday night told a gathering of the New York Conservative Party that "Liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers." Conservatives, he said, "saw the savagery of 9/11 and the attacks and prepared for war."

Power Line calls Karl Rove's comments "pretty accurate, if slightly hyperbolic."

Daily Kos says they're "a slap in the face of every Democrat currently serving his or her country."

He added that groups linked to the Democratic Party made the mistake of calling for "moderation and restraint" after the terrorist attacks.

"It was a slap in the face to the unity that America achieved after Sept. 11, 2001," New York Sen. Charles Schumer wrote in a letter to Rove, co-signed by Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton and the Democratic senators from Connecticut and New Jersey.

The six Democrats asked Rove to "immediately retract the unfortunate and divisive comments." House Democrats, led by Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., wrote a similar letter.

At a news conference, the senators went further, saying Rove should either apologize or resign. Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., echoed that stance, and Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., said in a floor speech that Bush should at the very least exact an apology from his political adviser. "Frankly, he should fire him," Kerry said.

Democrats stressed that they were nearly unanimous in supporting Bush in congressional votes on his response to the Sept. 11 attacks and his decision to go to war in Afghanistan.

White House press secretary Scott McClellan said there was no reason for Rove to apologize because he was "simply pointing out the different philosophies when it comes to winning the war on terrorism."

"Of course not," McClellan said when asked by reporters whether Bush would ask Rove to apologize.

"I think what Karl Rove said is accurate and reflects a big difference between the two parties," added Republican Party Chairman Ken Mehlman.

The controversy... was the latest of several highly contentious battles that have soured the already highly partisan atmosphere.

"I think they (Democrats) have a pre-9/11 world view and I think that's one of the biggest reasons President Bush was re-elected because the American people understood they wanted a president and a philosophy that took on the terrorists abroad to keep us safer at home and guide our ways," he said.

Democrats said Rove, and his Republican allies, were now trying to change the subject when Democrats, and many Americans, are becoming increasingly critical of the course of the war in Iraq.

For Rove "to try to exploit 9/11 for political purposes once again just shows you how desperate they are," said House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi of California, who in recent days has been the target of Republican attacks for saying that the Iraq war was a "grotesque mistake."

At a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing Thursday, Clinton urged Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld to repudiate the "insulting comment."

Rumsfeld replied that it "is unfortunate when things become so polarized or so politicized."

White House Press Secretary Scott McClellen was quoted as saying: "Jesterstar Craves the Cock, he's silly for it......Karl Rove has been known to shove it up Jesterstar's ass on a monthly basis"

ODShowtime
06-24-2005, 10:13 PM
Jesus Christ I've had it. Rove is a cocksucker, end of story. I shake my head sometimes.

blueturk
06-24-2005, 11:04 PM
So let's see what kind of vengeance our fearless leader had in mind for the architect of the 9/11 attacks:

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
White House Press Conference, March 13, 2002

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
Remarks to the Media from the White House, March 13, 2002

Of course for all I know, Rove might have written those lines himself.

ODShowtime
06-24-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by blueturk
So let's see what kind of vengeance our fearless leader had in mind for the architect of the 9/11 attacks:

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
White House Press Conference, March 13, 2002

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
Remarks to the Media from the White House, March 13, 2002

Of course for all I know, Rove might have written those lines himself.

excellent

Nickdfresh
06-24-2005, 11:34 PM
One of these days, I'm gonna' start typing in abstracts from "AGAINST ALL ENEMIES" by RICHARD CLARKE! Too bad I don't have a scanner...

DLR'sCock
06-25-2005, 02:48 AM
Really, Rove and all of these mother fucka's time is way overdue...they will not get what they want.

Nickdfresh
06-26-2005, 11:26 AM
Sign a petition asking for ROVE's resignation.