PDA

View Full Version : I might Flamed For This But...

Nickdfresh
06-23-2005, 11:01 PM
Discuss...

Anybody even like RADIOHEAD here?

Rikk
06-23-2005, 11:27 PM
I fucking love RADIOHEAD. You know, my guitar player and I are always talking about how RADIOHEAD is basically the modern FLOYD. I consider O.K. COMPUTER the 90s equivalent of DARK SIDE...just a perfect album. I also really liked the last one, and AMNESIAC was also great. Basically, I love OK COMPUTER and on...also like some of the songs off THE BENDS. The only album they did that I'm not big on is the debut. But they are great. They're doing a new album now, so I can't wait to finally see them live when they tour.

sammysucks65
06-24-2005, 11:56 AM
oh i though you said motorhead..radiohead i only know one of their songs..creep.....thats it

Bill Lumbergh
06-24-2005, 12:00 PM
Fags.

Rikk
06-24-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Fags.

Oh go put on your WHAM box set.

academic punk
06-24-2005, 12:21 PM
I'm one of the vocal minorites who believe KID A is the best album they've ever done.

(Individual songs: Fake Plastic Trees, Lucky, Airbag, High and Dry, Optimistic, Knives Out)

Seshmeister
06-24-2005, 12:21 PM
Actually 'depressed fags' is more accurate...:D

Rikk
06-24-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
I'm one of the vocal minorites who believe KID A is the best album they've ever done.

(Individual songs: Fake Plastic Trees, Lucky, Airbag, High and Dry, Optimistic, Knives Out)

Don't forget NATIONAL ANTHEM.

It is good, but for some reason, I prefer AMNESIAC...it has the better version of MORNING BELL, for one.

Rikk
06-24-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Actually 'depressed fags' is more accurate...:D

Oh, go fuck one of your stuffed rabbits.

Matt White
06-24-2005, 01:42 PM
HAve had OK Computer for ages. Excellent cd.

Not a huge fan...but give 'em mad props for flyin' the rock flag in the face of the "boy band" bullshit of the late 90's. Very innovative Kats!

Soul Reaper
06-24-2005, 02:04 PM
Radiohead bore me. Never really liked them.

Anyone who has a problem with that (Rikk) can go listen to Village People CDs!

:D

Nickdfresh
06-24-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
I fucking love RADIOHEAD. You know, my guitar player and I are always talking about how RADIOHEAD is basically the modern FLOYD. I consider O.K. COMPUTER the 90s equivalent of DARK SIDE...just a perfect album. I also really liked the last one, and AMNESIAC was also great. Basically, I love OK COMPUTER and on...also like some of the songs off THE BENDS. The only album they did that I'm not big on is the debut. But they are great. They're doing a new album now, so I can't wait to finally see them live when they tour.

I just made a killer lossless, composite bootleg from (mostly) radio feeds.

Nickdfresh
06-24-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
HAve had OK Computer for ages. Excellent cd.

Not a huge fan...but give 'em mad props for flyin' the rock flag in the face of the "boy band" bullshit of the late 90's. Very innovative Kats!

I agree, but it seems the rap on RADIOHEAD is that they intentionally alienated newer fans after "OK COMPUTER" to avoid the dreaded "follow-up."

Still a great band though. They may not be quite of PINK FLOYD caliber, but they give them a run for the money and are better than 90% of the shit out there masquerading as rock.

Shaun Ponsonby
06-26-2005, 07:59 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about Radiohead, I like some songs, but hate others.

I wouldn't exactly say they were the new Pink Floyd...I would say that was Porcupine Tree. Sometimes, Steve Wilson sounds exactly like David Gilmour on guitar.

Get the latest 'Deadwing', thats great, or 2001s 'In Absentia', and listen to 'Blackest Eyes', thats a classic, or, also on 'In Absentia', 'Trains'.

Rikk
06-26-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
Radiohead bore me. Never really liked them.

Anyone who has a problem with that (Rikk) can go listen to Village People CDs!

:D

Live short and don't prosper.;)

Shaun Ponsonby
06-26-2005, 08:10 PM
And perhaps, Reap, you could tell us what exactly is WRONG with the Village People?!?!?!?!

YMCA? Definately has the amount of time and energy put into is=t as 'Dark Side of The Moon' or 'Brain Salad Surgery'. Without a doubt.

Seshmeister
06-26-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
And perhaps, Reap, you could tell us what exactly is WRONG with the Village People?!?!?!?!

Have you ever been to a wedding reception?

Shaun Ponsonby
06-26-2005, 08:16 PM
No, I live alone, because if I ever see another human being, then the universe will impload.

Dave's Bitch
06-26-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
Oh go put on your WHAM box set.

LOL,i remember WHAM.WHAM suck

Dave's Bitch
06-26-2005, 09:03 PM
i think that radiohead can be ok in small doses,i find if i listen to more than 2 of there songs i start feeling down,its the singers voice.its so depressing sometimes

Soul Reaper
06-27-2005, 03:44 PM

YMCA? Definately has the amount of time and energy put into is=t as 'Dark Side of The Moon' or 'Brain Salad Surgery'. Without a doubt.

what is RIGHT with the Village People??!!

Bill Lumbergh
06-27-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Sammy's Bitch
i think that radiohead can be ok in small doses,i find if i listen to more than 2 of there songs i start feeling down,its the singers voice.its so depressing sometimes

It's that whole early 90's mentality........."Mommy didnt buy me that bike I wanted...........Boo fuckin hoo, my Dad beat the shit outta me when I walked in on him fucking Mom..........WAH I'm making millions touring the world, getting blow jobs left and right, yet I'm still gonna bitch and moan".

Golden AWe
06-27-2005, 04:54 PM
I wouldn't compare them to Pink Floyd...but I do think they have managed to create a sound of their own...I really enjoy all of their stuff, though I haven't listened to their latest album for ages now...

favorite tracks:
- Optimistic
- Lucky
- You and whose army?
- Paranoid android
- Bends
- PLANET TELEX!!!
- Just
- There there
- We suck young blood
- Anyone can play guitar

I do enjoy most of their albums as a whole...

Rikk
06-27-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
It's that whole early 90's mentality........."Mommy didnt buy me that bike I wanted...........Boo fuckin hoo, my Dad beat the shit outta me when I walked in on him fucking Mom..........WAH I'm making millions touring the world, getting blow jobs left and right, yet I'm still gonna bitch and moan".

Shut up, old man.:D

tydhurst
06-28-2005, 12:23 AM
i never really liked either. so i can't really comment. Sorry

Shaun Ponsonby
06-28-2005, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
what is RIGHT with the Village People??!!

Their musical ability is beyond the ability that ANYONE can imagine.

The way you all talk about them you'd think they were just thrown together to make a couple of cheap hit singles whilst disco was popular.

Dave's Bitch
06-28-2005, 11:45 AM
Their musical ability is beyond the ability that ANYONE can imagine.

The way you all talk about them you'd think they were just thrown together to make a couple of cheap hit singles whilst disco was popular.

LOL now that is typical english sarcasm

Shaun Ponsonby
06-28-2005, 04:42 PM
I see you are getting the hang of that!

Dave's Bitch
06-28-2005, 05:24 PM
I see you are getting the hang of that!

hehe :D

superdave
06-28-2005, 05:26 PM
My oldest thinks they are the greatest band in the world, I have only heard 'Creep'