PDA

View Full Version : Bonds might play into '07 for record

Bob_R
06-24-2005, 10:23 AM
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Barry Bonds might play into the 2007 season if he's approaching Hank Aaron's home run record of 755, the Giants slugger told MLB.com.

The seven-time NL MVP, who turns 41 on July 24, hasn't played this season as he recovers from three operations on his right knee since Jan. 31. He is progressing in his rehab and still hopes to play before the end of the year.

He knows he might need to play beyond 2006 when his contract expires to reach Aaron's record, and he has said he hopes to retire with the Giants. Bonds has 703 career homers, 11 shy of Babe Ruth and 52 from tying Aaron's record.

"I've played all these scenarios over and over again in my head," Bonds was quoted as saying. "I've always thought it would take the better part of two seasons before I passed Hank. If I'm within striking distance in 2007, I plan to play. Who knows how important Hank's record is? But as long as I'm healthy, I want to give it a try. ... It might not be here. But I'd hope the Giants would still want me. I'd like to finish my career in this shirt."

Bonds batted .362 last season with 45 homers and 101 RBIs and walked a major league-record 232 times on the way to his record seventh MVP award. He has been upbeat lately and eager to rejoin his teammates and take the pressure off them.

He may be healthy enough to travel for next week's road trip to Arizona and San Diego.

Bill Lumbergh
06-24-2005, 01:10 PM
Great news!

POJO_Risin
06-24-2005, 01:56 PM
Does anyone care about this?...other than Lumbergh?....

Oh...and Bill...that fucking WARF quote is the fucking funniest thing I may have ever read...

Guitar Shark
06-24-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin

No. Fuck Bonds. He's a steroid-ridden, racist prick who is further tarnishing MLB's image at this point.

Bill Lumbergh
06-24-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
No. Fuck Bonds. He's a steroid-ridden, racist prick who is further tarnishing MLB's image at this point. But other than that, he's a helluva guy! GO BARRY!

Bill Lumbergh
06-24-2005, 07:00 PM

Oh...and Bill...that fucking WARF quote is the fucking funniest thing I may have ever read...

When he first posted that I just about fell off my chair...... I may never take that down!

DlocRoth
06-24-2005, 11:24 PM

I fucking care.

The lazy prick is collecting dust on my bench...

Play tomorrow you sonofabitch!!

blueturk
06-25-2005, 12:27 AM
I'm personally rooting for every pitcher who faces Bonds. Then again, his production may very well go drastically anyway without Better Hitting Through Chemistry. I sure as hell hope so.

Bill Lumbergh
06-25-2005, 12:48 AM
Yeah he SURE looks a lot smaller, huh? Funny how Sosa and all these other fuckers have lost MAJOR weight recently, yet Barry is the same fucking size..........hhmmmmmmmm.

DLR7884
06-25-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Yeah he SURE looks a lot smaller, huh? Funny how Sosa and all these other fuckers have lost MAJOR weight recently, yet Barry is the same fucking size..........hhmmmmmmmm.

No point in stating the obvious Bill....people hate Bonds no matter what yet they love PROVEN cheaters like McGwire and Sosa.

Very sheep like mentality when it comes to hating Barry Bonds.

DLR7884
Pretty fucking sad.

blueturk
06-25-2005, 09:00 PM
Maybe so many people despise Bonds because he's an asshole. Or maybe because he's a fucking crybaby. I know...it's because he's black!:rolleyes:

DLR7884
06-25-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by blueturk
Maybe so many people despise Bonds because he's an asshole. Or maybe because he's a fucking crybaby. I know...it's because he's black!:rolleyes:

LOL.

He is an asshole, no denying that.

Crybaby? I wouldn't call him that, but he is an asshole, no denying that.

He's black?

DLR7884
:confused:

superdave
06-25-2005, 09:15 PM
The black Archie Bunker

Bill Lumbergh
06-27-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by blueturk

Have I ever denied that the guy is a prick?! Crybaby? Most of your posts on this forum are spent bitching about something. Must be a Sosa fan.