PDA

View Full Version : Votes

MAX
06-24-2005, 08:58 PM
First off, I apologize for bringing this shit up but I'm a vain fucker and I'm sick and fucking tired of obvious pathetic losers (who have nothing better to do with their sad lives) who keep registering here only to throw a certain group of us negative votes. So, I was wondering if is there any way that something can be set up so people cannot fucking vote unless they have a certain amount of posts or something? I know this may seem petty but there are a few of us around here that keep getting our user rating brought down by obvious aliases who just create them to give a very specific group of us negative votes. It's really pissing me off. I love negative votes if I piss off a legitimate poster on the board. Tis' kewl, well deserved and earned. :) Howeva, these fucking alias votes need to go. IMO

Case in point, I finally got back up to my five star status then over the course of one night I received a few votes from people who had just registered and had no posts. This has been going on for quite some time. However, it's obvious that whomever's doing it has a pathetic agenda cos it's the same group of people (including myself) who get said negative votes.

A few recent examples and all of these "people" threw negative votes to a specific group of us as they always seem to do. This is just the most recent wave and I'm fucking sick of this childish bullshit.

KISS KISS

swedishblond

Fab's tits

casa-in-point

StarJammer

Like I've said, I'm only now and finally bringing this shit up cos I know of four specific posters (once again, myself included) who all dropped from five to four stars after this wave of votes from these names.

Thanks and rant off.

thome
06-24-2005, 09:07 PM
I gave you a positive rating 5 if thats the way to vote i dont even understand everything about this site yet If what u said is true
its probably back to idiots on keyboards

DLR7884
06-24-2005, 09:09 PM
I love having 4 stars.

DLR7884
Fuck, I didn't even notice I have 100 votes now!

MAX
06-24-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
I love having 4 stars.

DLR7884

Bro, it's not the rating per-say that has me pissed off. Four stars, five stars, whateva. :) It's that an obvious and specific group of us keep getting our votes spammed by certain losers who have nothing better to do. It's just dumb. All I was saying is that maybe the voting thing shouldn't even be allowed unless someone has a certain amount of posts.

DLR7884
06-24-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Bro, it's not the rating per-say that has me pissed off. Four stars, five stars, whateva. :) It's that an obvious and specific group of us keep getting our votes spammed by certain losers who have nothing better to do. It's just dumb. All I was saying is that maybe the voting thing shouldn't even be allowed unless someone has a certain amount of posts.

I agree with that.

I also think that you need to have a certain # of posts or be here for a set time before you can start a thread.

DLR7884
How's those ideas sound to you?

MAX
06-24-2005, 10:26 PM
I agree with that.

I also think that you need to have a certain # of posts or be here for a set time before you can start a thread.

DLR7884

You're the Man in Main and having personally gone through the stuff prior myself, I completely agree.

rustoffa
06-24-2005, 10:29 PM
I agree with that.

DLR7884

Sounds good to me bro.

And then, after the first thread is offered up, it's automatically a poll in feedback where senior members either designate the postee "Summers Eve" or "Monistat 7" status.....or some shit.
:)

DLR7884
06-24-2005, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Sounds good to me bro.

And then, after the first thread is offered up, it's automatically a poll in feedback where senior members either designate the postee "Summers Eve" or "Monistat 7" status.....or some shit.

That would be great.

DLR7884
Also, I'm not the man in MAIN, and if I am it's because of my fellow mods and those who came before me ;)

Ally_Kat
06-24-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by MAX

KISS KISS

StarJammer

They voted for me, too.

academic punk
06-24-2005, 10:37 PM
I agree with that.

DLR7884

I actually have a devils advocate question regarding this: if someone has come to the site and is not looking to take part in a whole lot of gossip and whatnot (WHat? Gossip? here? Us??? NEVER!!!), they just have a specific question - or STATEMENT - to post, then they won't be able to do so.

Though this place is first and foremost a community, some folks just want to find out about a specific bootleg, or how to find a SkyScraper tour program, or to post that Roth was in their strip club over the weekend...

If they cannot start a thread till they've been here for a certain period of time, we all might miss out on something cool.

And if they have to have a certain # of posts before they can start a thread, we'll suddenly start seeing a lot of posts like this:

"fgkhfdsdsk"

"hdsfgdskjfgds"

":)"

Deal with the neg votes, I say. Because any solution is going to have loopholes.

And I'd hate to see this place to start getting a stick in its ass like the Links.

LoungeMachine
06-24-2005, 10:40 PM
I received the same votes recently as you Maxi

Same trolls/aliases

I brought up the vote / thread starting "moratorium" idea as well a few weeks back.

as usual, rustoffa nailed it

Loki
06-24-2005, 10:41 PM
put thine vanity aside. who wouldst place any stock in the popular vote?

academic punk
06-24-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Loki
put thine vanity aside. who wouldst place any stock in the popular vote?

The Norse God of Mischeif is right, you know.

It's the Electoral College that matters...

(FORD, would you like to add to this statement?)

Nickdfresh
06-24-2005, 11:01 PM
I love having 4 stars.

DLR7884

You know, you're right! It sorta' makes you feel like you're doing something, like pissing off the petty losers that can no longer really post here. I now take pride in my four-star rating!:D

Nickdfresh
06-24-2005, 11:02 PM
BTW, not all aliases are evil...;)

LoungeMachine
06-24-2005, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
BTW, not all aliases are evil...;)

Cetainly not Joe Thunder'sman:D

Just like JizzyStool........Joe's HUNGRY FOR THE COCK

:cool:

Nickdfresh
06-24-2005, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Cetainly not Joe Thunder'sman:D

Just like JizzyStool........Joe's HUNGRY FOR THE COCK

:cool:

Well, JOE THUNDER certainly is hungry for cock and jizz.

diamondsgirl
06-24-2005, 11:46 PM
The same idiots voted for me and lowered my average just recently.

If going through the trouble to register as an alias on a Roth board to give "diamondsgirl", "Max" and "Ally" a "1-vote" gets them off somehow... all the power to them. Nice life.

I don't give a shit, like DLR7884 said and like I have said to Max...I like 4 stars. :)

Dan
06-25-2005, 01:06 AM
As you Guys know I don't say much around here but if anyone gives me a bad vote I'm going to hunt you down and eat you Kiwi Style.
BTW..Have a nice day.

Va Beach VH Fan
06-25-2005, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by MAX
First off, I apologize for bringing this shit up but I'm a vain fucker and I'm sick and fucking tired of obvious pathetic losers (who have nothing better to do with their sad lives) who keep registering here only to throw a certain group of us negative votes.

Max, with all due respect, take some advice from me and don't waste your time and get spun up on this worthless stuff....

I might look at my totals every now and then, but I make absolutely NO effort in soliciting people to give me 5 stars....

And, to be honest, I still don't even know how to tell how many stars whoever gave me....

You said it yourself, you just have to resign yourself to the fact that there are immature, idiotic people that have nothing better to do than post stupid things on message boards, and that includes the votes....

I just concentrate on being a quality poster here and everywhere else where I post, and I don't sweat the bullshit...

Hope that helps....

Rikk
06-25-2005, 10:41 AM
My band listened to our new CD for the first time last night. We all got pretty drunk. In a reckless frenzy, we drove around the neighborhood giving random people 1-star votes. It was pretty cruel and pretty disgusting. One cop pulled us over and said that even though he wasn't arresting us, he thought we were fucking immature.

superdave
06-25-2005, 10:55 AM
I agree with that.

DLR7884

Great idea!

DLR7884
06-25-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
I actually have a devils advocate question regarding this: if someone has come to the site and is not looking to take part in a whole lot of gossip and whatnot (WHat? Gossip? here? Us??? NEVER!!!), they just have a specific question - or STATEMENT - to post, then they won't be able to do so.

Though this place is first and foremost a community, some folks just want to find out about a specific bootleg, or how to find a SkyScraper tour program, or to post that Roth was in their strip club over the weekend...

If they cannot start a thread till they've been here for a certain period of time, we all might miss out on something cool.

We could make it very clear that if they have any info, ?'s or anything that they may want to share they could PM another member and get it posted by them (or a Mod).

Granted, it wouldn't be a perfect system, but it would eliminate quite a few of the shit stirring douchebags that come here only to wreak havac on this site.

DLR7884
Just my thoughts.

superdave
06-25-2005, 03:42 PM
I also think that in order to rate someone, they should have X amount of posts (say 250-300)

DLR7884
06-25-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by superdave
I also think that in order to rate someone, they should have X amount of posts (say 250-300)

I agree that they should have a certain # of posts....

Maybe a lower number than you listed, though.

DLR7884
I'd so 50 or 100 posts before you can vote.

superdave
06-25-2005, 03:48 PM
I was just throwing out a number--

I always get a kick out of reading your responses to certain posts--Keep up the good work---

FORD
06-25-2005, 03:59 PM
The Norse God of Mischeif is right, you know.

It's the Electoral College that matters...

(FORD, would you like to add to this statement?)

Yeah.... FUCK THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE IN THE ASS WITH A DULL RUSTY CHAINSAW!!

No, seriously, I've probably gotten more bogus votes on this board than the entire states of Ohio and Florida combined, but what can you do? Hell, I've never really understood why we need the voting system here anyway. It reminds me too much of the "Karma" thing back at the Pasture Dump - except if that had been in the hands of the sheep, I would have been banned every other day! :D

I know who's "the shit" and who are the shitHEADS from reading the content of the posts, not from any fucking arbitrary number of stars.

Now having said that, I expect 5 from each and every one of you, goddamn it! :mad:

POJO_Risin
06-25-2005, 04:57 PM
Hmmm...I could go many...many places with this...

Max...I hear you...I do...and it is bullshit...let me reply with this...and we've talked to Sarge about it in the past.

Sarge wants this hack...he thinks it's as gay as the next person...but it's obviously a think that a lot of people lose...and even ask for...

the only way to CHANGE THIS hack would be to get rid of it. That's not a decision I'm going to make. Sarge likes it...it stays...

So there's nothing we can do to change it, and I'm sure as shit not throwing to to Sarge while he's hiding in a dirthole in Iraq...

7884...c'mon man...if we made that rule with the thread starting...what the fuck job are you going to have to do in there?

Sarge and I actually talked about this thing 5 years ago when the site started...and we bantered it around again last year...what to do about the spammers...

and both times we all agreed..."That's what the mods are for...to hand them their asses..."

Unfortunately gang...part of the dealio with sites like this are spamming in many different forms...

There isn't a lower form of person on the fucking planet than one that's so internet pathetic...that they resort to 1 star voting people to "get back" at them...I mean...sit back...and think about what kind of person sits around at home...spending time to create new e-mail addresses...to create new usernames...that they can't use anyways...because they are banned...and 1 star vote people.

WHAT KIND OF FUCKING PERSON IS THAT? Seriously...What kind of mother, father...whatever...has the time to create unusuable users...and to fucking get 1 star votes...

wear it as a badge of honor...

LoungeMachine
06-25-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Now having said that, I expect 5 from each and every one of you, goddamn it! :mad:

I gave you a fiver ages ago:cool:

You've never reciprocated either

You just take from me;)

What about ME, dammit....what about MY needs:D

POJO_Risin
06-25-2005, 04:59 PM
And don't worry FORD...I gave you about 10 5 star votes when I was rooting around in FAB's cunt gash persona's last week...

I'll occasionally go in there and change the 1's to 5's...and throw 5's to a bunch of people that I know...

WTF...when I have time to kill...

LoungeMachine
06-25-2005, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin

wear it as a badge of honor...

I agree....

and on THAT note, here's a 1 for ya, Pojo;)

DLR7884
06-25-2005, 05:10 PM
7884...c'mon man...if we made that rule with the thread starting...what the fuck job are you going to have to do in there?

Point taken.

Now that I think of it, it would pretty much lower some of the fun experiences we all have here.

Nothing better than laying into some of the dumb fucks that have made it a point to come here and stir shit up.

As far as the votes go....I think it's gay that people create aliases to do shit like lower the rating of other posters.

If you think about it....when someone takes the time and effort to do that to you, you win.

DLR7884
At least we don't call it "karma." LOL.

Nickdfresh
06-25-2005, 05:55 PM
And don't worry FORD...I gave you about 10 5 star votes when I was rooting around in FAB's cunt gash persona's last week...

I'll occasionally go in there and change the 1's to 5's...and throw 5's to a bunch of people that I know...

WTF...when I have time to kill...

:D That's fucking great!:p

Matt White
06-25-2005, 06:03 PM
Yes, some aliases are friendly!!!:D

thome
06-25-2005, 06:03 PM
Everything about every poster here is covert. So you must expect
exagerated expressions of that Thing....... I Sent ya....Ja get it?

I slay Me !!!

superdave
06-25-2005, 06:04 PM
I must have just had bad luck with the bad aliases...

academic punk
06-25-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by FORD

No, seriously, I've probably gotten more bogus votes on this board than the entire states of Ohio and Florida combined,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!

academic punk
06-25-2005, 06:21 PM

Hey, Poj, I didn't know you work for Diebold!

LoungeMachine
06-25-2005, 07:06 PM

Where's your recipe for turtle soup you promised me:mad:

Rikk
06-25-2005, 07:11 PM
I like the "badge of honor" bit, actually. It's true...if any of us are getting these fucking votes from people that have nothing more to do with their time, then it gives me a certain sense of pride that I riled them up so much!:)

diamondsgirl
06-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Its like a battle wound you got, but you won the battle :D

POJO_Risin
06-25-2005, 08:28 PM

Only for important elections...lmfao...

POJO_Risin
06-25-2005, 08:29 PM
I don't care what anyone says...if y'all would have fucking ignored her WAY BACK IN THE BEGINNING...like I fucking said...

we wouldn't be talking about this...

academic punk
06-25-2005, 08:35 PM
I don't care what anyone says...if y'all would have fucking ignored her WAY BACK IN THE BEGINNING...like I fucking said...

we wouldn't be talking about this...

"If Woody had gone straight to the police, none of this would ever have happened."

LoungeMachine
06-25-2005, 09:06 PM
If George had been busted for coke, and never ran for Governor.....

MAX
06-25-2005, 09:28 PM
Max...I hear you...I do...and it is bullshit...let me reply with this...

Thanks Brother Poj. :cool:

Like I stated, my personal rating doesn't bother me at all. I could give a shit less. lol. It's just the same dickhead losers keep doing it to everyone at the same time and I just had to vent a bit.

Steve Savicki
06-25-2005, 10:12 PM
I'll occasionally go in there and change the 1's to 5's...and throw 5's to a bunch of people that I know..
Hope I'm one of them.:cool:

MAX
06-26-2005, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
I gave you a fiver ages ago:cool:

You've never reciprocated either

You just take from me;)

What about ME, dammit....what about MY needs:D

No shit regarding Ford.

Fuck, in fact he was prolly one of the first votes that I ever did the day the Army re-opened.