PDA

View Full Version : Harry Nilsson

rustoffa
06-24-2005, 11:36 PM
I always get that fucker cuntfused with Jackson Browne for some reason, or Todd Rundgren.

I just heard that "Jump Into The Fire" song and realized it wasn't the other dipshits.

I dunno....maybe somebody knows somethin'.

Bill Lumbergh
06-25-2005, 12:43 AM
I know he got drunk with Lennon a lot during John's "lost weekend", but that's about it. He did that sappy ass "Without You" song.

Panamark
06-25-2005, 03:56 AM
That was a cool song until Mariah butchered it.. Can anyone name one
more hit song he had ??? (I fookin cant)

ICE0L8R
06-25-2005, 07:55 AM
Everybody's talking
Lime and Coconut

Bill Lumbergh
06-25-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by ICE0L8R
Everybody's talking
Lime and Coconut

Look at the big brain on Ice!

academic punk
06-25-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Can anyone name one
more hit song he had ??? (I fookin cant)

"I Guess the Lord Must Be in New York City". And - as Rustoffa mentioned - "Junp Into the Fire" (that's the tune in Goodfellas when Henry is driving around convinced that the feds are following him in a helicoptor). He also had another one....rrrrrr...can't remember the title, but it had a verse that went "You're breaking my heart/You're tearing it apart/So fuck you".

Harry Nillson is INCREDIBLE. Great voice. "Nilson Schmillson" or one of the3 greatest hits packages are well worth getting.

(Little back story: "Nillson Schmillson"s album art features a back cover of a fully stocked fridge. This was done b/c Harry was broke and hungry, and realized that if he got the record company to buy him groceries as part of the albums expenses, he could solve this problem.)

superdave
06-25-2005, 06:30 PM
I just knew him from his drinking/carousing days with Lennon

Jack68
06-25-2005, 08:16 PM
Brandy alexander

rustoffa
06-26-2005, 01:50 AM
Jackson Browne?

Get outta town!

You can climb a mountain
You can swim the sea
You can jump into the fire
But you'll never be free
You can shake me up
Or I can break you down
Whoa-o-o-o-, whoa-o-o-o-

We can make each other happy

You can jump into the fire

DLR_EngineRoom
06-26-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
I always get that fucker cuntfused with Jackson Browne for some reason, or Todd Rundgren.

I just heard that "Jump Into The Fire" song and realized it wasn't the other dipshits.

I dunno....maybe somebody knows somethin'.

By the way, can you or anyone else tell me if it was this 'Nilsson' that sang a song called 'Rainmaker' ???

I know that it was sung by 'Nilsson', but I'm not sure it was this guy.....

anyone?