PDA

View Full Version : CDs you can`t find anywhere!

Mr Badguy
01-02-2004, 07:31 PM
Have you ever spent ages looking for a CD and can`t find it anywhere in the world?

I can`t find Vain`s "No respect" anywhere, unless I spend £50($75) in an auction.

No CD is worth that much.

I wish someone would reissue it as my vinyl copy is wearing out.

twonabomber
01-02-2004, 08:23 PM
i couldn't find a copy of Neil Young's "Everybody's Rockin" for the longest time...and then found an import at the local used CD joint. then i found out it wasn't very good to begin with.

Mr Walker
01-02-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
Have you ever spent ages looking for a CD and can`t find it anywhere in the world?

I can`t find Vain`s "No respect" anywhere, unless I spend £50($75) in an auction.

I can hook you up with an mp3 copy.
You know where to find me :)

Sarge
01-02-2004, 11:03 PM
why buy when you can download?
LOL
Well when I got ALAE scratched up awhile back it took forever to find a replacement..

PHOENIX
01-02-2004, 11:08 PM
I cant find Sinead O'Connor Live at the Hammersmith Odeon anywhere. I dunno why i'm looking for this i dont even like that skinhead bitch.:D

lionsfan
01-12-2004, 10:40 PM
Whitesnake: "Saints and Sinners." I've been all over the place...nothing, not a damn copy of this cd anywhere.

alexpgrimes
01-12-2004, 10:59 PM
I'm still looking for No rest for the wicked by Helix. I've wore out 2 tapes so far.

DLR7884
02-01-2004, 06:32 AM
Well I'm having a hard time finding 2 albums....both are out of print and I fucking refuse to pay 50 bucks for a CD.

The Rolling Stones-"Sucking In The Seventies"
and
The Travelling Wilburys-"Volume 1"

I am always try to find these at used CD stores.

Like I said I'm not gonna pay 50 bucks on ebay.

DLR7884
Anyone know where I can find these? (Besides ebay)

SilvioDante
02-01-2004, 06:44 AM
I have been trying to find Dweezil Zappa's "Having a Bad Day" for a long time know. I can actually find the LP, but on the CD.

Eyes of the Night
02-01-2004, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Sarge
Well when I got ALAE scratched up awhile back it took forever to find a replacement..

You know, that's the only Dave album I never got ... I think by then I was to much into Ed as you know growing up on Hagar as I did ...

Era's man, that's all you have specially when your talkin' bout gap's peeps could miss simply because they were wearing diapers when the Almighty =VH= came about ...

You see I always new there was dave, remember playing Yankee Rose in 86 in 6th grade during "reading time" through special priviliges you got when you rack up points for being the smartest kid in the class ...

In fact I technically knew DLR before Ed's version 3 years later in 89' ... First 3 albums where =VH= and after that Ou812 came out ...

:gulp:

Eyes of the Night
02-01-2004, 07:02 AM
Back to topic, I was gonna say Mudhoney mudhoney but throughout the malls n' shit you can't get em' ... Don't even think best buy has em ... and I don't do online purchasing ...

flappo
02-01-2004, 07:35 AM
..you never grew out of hagar , you cunt

Igosplut
02-01-2004, 09:13 AM
I hate......

Igosplut
Triple posts..... Sorta like computer hickups

Igosplut
The Rotters (LA) Pull it and yell

The Shades (local bands)
The neiboughoods
The Fools

Eyes of the Night
02-01-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by flappo
..you never grew out of hagar , you cunt

Wha? I'm apalled ...

simarillion
05-06-2010, 03:06 AM
I'm still looking for No rest for the wicked by Helix. I've wore out 2 tapes so far.

Whoah Helix. I only have that on record. BTW I love EEAS with Dave's face spinning around OOOO. Off topic

binnie
05-06-2010, 05:23 AM

Did you get the re-relase that was issued a couple of years after you started this thread?

What an outstanding record that is - what 'Cock Rock' could have been. If I was pushed, I would say that it is arguably the 'best' 'Hair Metal' record....

binnie
05-06-2010, 05:25 AM
I was hunting around for Love/Hate -Blackout in the Red Room for about a decade until it got re-released a couple of years ago.

The first Circus of Power CD is hard to come by, but I believe that's just been re-issued too.

One which I would kill to get my hands on is the first Face Down CD. Mid-90s metal, and a fucking outstanding record. I have it on cassette, but I've worn it down....

kissfan1976
05-06-2010, 08:48 AM

The first Circus of Power CD is hard to come by, but I believe that's just been re-issued too.

I still have my original first C.O.P. vinyl.
Great underrated late 80's hard rock album.
"Motor" ,"White Trash Queen"... Good Stuff!

Need to hunt that re-issued CD down.

Mushroom
05-06-2010, 12:00 PM
ALABAMA CD's like.... Roll On, Closer You Get, Mountain Music - the older classic stuff, unless I go to Amazon and buy the $75 version - WTF??

ace diamond
05-06-2010, 02:32 PM
dio:
"strange higways", "angry machines", and "magica"
and pretty much anything by Anvil.
the only Anvil cd's i have been able to locate are "hard n' heavy", "metal on metal", "backwaxed", and "this is 13".
i really want to complete my anvil and dio collections.
after that, i still want to complete my Scorpions collection.
some of their stuff is pretty tough to find as well.

Terry
05-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Plasmatics cd's are pretty tough to find, least round where I'm at.

The biggest problem is that there are very few stores that deal only in cds. It's all these FYE's, or stores like Borders / Barnes & Noble type places that want to sell magazines, books, cds and dvds. Even if they have a wide selection of bands, they tend to keep the greatest hits and the best selling albums of each band in stock and very little else.

One of the better chain ones was the Virgin Megastore in Orlando, if only because it was literally such a huge store that they, by default, had TONS of bands/artists/styles of every genre and virtually every album of said groups in stock. Sadly, that store bit the dust.

Golden AWe
05-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Most of Frank Zappa albums...