PDA

View Full Version : Ephedra ban

Steve Savicki
03-08-2004, 02:44 PM
I am happy with the U.S. banning Ephedra because I understand there was scientific proof of 150 heart attacks last year because of it.
An opposer gives a good argument:

"The government just took a freedom away from you... the freedom of choice. If you let the government decide what's right and what's wrong, soon only the government will decide what you can and cannot buy."

Great argument, but still, something causing heart attacks has no need to be on the market.

Sarge
03-08-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki

Great argument, but still, something causing heart attacks has no need to be on the market.

Umm then 1/2 of what they sell at the 7Eleven wouldn't be there.

The only time Ephedra has been unsafe is when it was used outside of the guidelines.
I like Ephedra.

rustoffa
03-08-2004, 10:36 PM
It's a joke.You can easily go enjoy a coronary on any number of over the counter offers.The knee-jerk reactionary machine just keeps turning."Oh,it says here one to two pills three times a day......hmmm,if I triple that I can really make some progress".It's basically land-locked walruses and overzealous couch potatoes causing this shit.

Steve Savicki
03-13-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
It's basically land-locked walruses and overzealous couch potatoes causing this shit.
The couch potatoes that want to lose weight via the fat burners? I know one thing... all body building shops in my area are advertising their ACE (Aspirin, Caffeine, Ephedera) stack fat burners before the shutdown in April. Didn't know there was a time limit before the official ban.
So how did ephedra get banned if it was safe within the guidelines? Come to think of it, I like Sudafed better than aspirin itself.

rustoffa
03-13-2004, 10:43 PM

So how did ephedra get banned if it was safe within the guidelines? Come to think of it, I like Sudafed better than aspirin itself.
I like sudafed too!:D

thebuldawg
03-14-2004, 09:11 AM

So how did ephedra get banned if it was safe within the guidelines?

Because a retarded baseball player died using it. All it would have taken is a little common sense. "Oh, hey, I've got a heart problem, but I'm going to take this anyway."

Whatever.
:rolleyes:

Steve Savicki
03-15-2004, 04:26 PM
I take that back - I guess I use Ibuprofin, not Sudafed. I sure hope there's nothing in Ibu that would warrant a ban. It sure beats aspirin.