PDA

View Full Version : Gay Mariage...

blonddgirl777
06-29-2005, 10:42 PM
I am proud to announce that WE, Canadians have just legalized Mariage between Gays and Lesbians...

I am glad that we've proved equality, openness of mind, and that our "freedom of speech" is not just something we brag about.

Of course, a lot of people like to control other's lives and are against that (eaven if it is none of their personnal business), but I think it is a great step to ensure our society's rights to FULL FREEDOM!!!

:rockit2:

Nitro Express
06-30-2005, 01:05 AM
So what you are saying is Robert can now screw Bob out of half his assets or Sue and Sally had great raunchy sex on the honeymoon but after 20 years of marriage sex has become boring.

blonddgirl777
06-30-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
So what you are saying is Robert can now screw Bob out of half his assets or Sue and Sally had great raunchy sex on the honeymoon but after 20 years of marriage sex has become boring.

Yep.!

It all boils down to the fact that EVERYBODY will be free to make te same decisions (mistake or not),
on their lives and destinies...

Shaun Ponsonby
06-30-2005, 10:14 AM
There you go, Jesterstar. Off to Canada to marry whichever man you desire.

m_dixon1984
06-30-2005, 11:20 AM
Congrats to limp wristed interior design fairies and german swim team bull dyke immigrants across our fabulous nation! Maybe they can honour the sanctity of marriage better than the violent drunk, can't-keep-it-in-their-pants, selfish, nagging, gained-40-pounds-and-no-longer-gives-head, heterosexual folks that account for the huge divorce rates in Canada.

How did this become a contentious issue? No one group should be able monopolize misery.

M

moose
06-30-2005, 11:43 AM
This fuckin pisses me off!! WE fookin canadians, what a bunch of wusses we are. I cannot believe that we have actually legalized "gay marriage" What the fuck has this world come to? This is the start of the downfall of humanity, we're all goin to hell in a handbasket.
Fuckin LIBERAL goverment.

moose
06-30-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
Yep.!

It all boils down to the fact that EVERYBODY will be free to make te same decisions (mistake or not),
on their lives and destinies...

Bullshit, this just opens the doors to fuckin disgraceful acts in public by the fuckin homosexual community. How are we, as parents, going to explain to our children that 2 men/women can get married and raise children, or why it's ok. Fuck it. Keep your fuckin sexual preferences behind a fuckin closed door, don't fuckin air it all over the GODDAMN place.
Fuck em all I hope they all burn in hell, faggots and lesbians alike.

zeronumber
06-30-2005, 11:55 AM
Sadly though...this is one of the few so called "Major accomplishments" of canada over the last 20 years.

thome
06-30-2005, 11:59 AM
I dont understand the homo thing i seam to understand the lezbo
thing a little . once a guy starts carring a purse then i think
its phycological and he should find some help I know a woman
who is so upset with gay guys and the over the top rep/ they do
its humiliating to the struggle women have gone thru and go thru
every day like carring a purse makes you a woman PLEASE.Or cutting
your co%k off find some help

blonddgirl777
06-30-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by moose
This is the start of the downfall of humanity, we're all goin to hell in a handbasket.
Fuckin LIBERAL goverment.

Speak for YOURSELF!

I am going straight to heaven, and being a humain being that has no hate at all towards any group of people will surely help...

blonddgirl777
06-30-2005, 03:33 PM
Bullshit, this just opens the doors to fuckin disgraceful acts in public by the fuckinhomosexual community.

Keep your fuckin sexual preferences behind a fuckin closed door, don't fuckin air it all over the GODDAMN place.

You really don't HAVE TO stare at them at all... Just mind your own business.

Just ignore them, since you hate them so much and quit bitchin'!

Vinnie Velvet
06-30-2005, 03:38 PM
Its not about hatred or prejudice.

Why can't gays and lesbians do WITHOUT marriage??

Because there are chruches and other sacred places that will no way in hell 'marry' two me or two women.

Why can't they call it something else instead of marriage?? Marriage has far too close ties to religion (afterall, why do we get married in churches or other sacred areas??)

Why can't they call it a "UNION" or something. They go to an office, get registered and sign the papers and that's it.

I'm sorry, but it should not be called "Marriage".

This is a sign that society is extremely fucked up.

blonddgirl777
06-30-2005, 03:38 PM
How are we, as parents, going to explain to our children that 2 men/women can get married and raise children, or why it's ok.

Just explain to your children that daddy is a homophobic and that he refuses to "live and let live"...

And make sure you teach them to NOT make the same mistakes that you make!

Teaching children to refuse reality, be closed minded and to hate people is sick!!!

FORD
06-30-2005, 03:43 PM

Fuck em all I hope they all burn in hell, faggots and lesbians alike.

When did Fred Phelps (http://www.godhatesfags.com) move to Canada? :confused:

FORD
06-30-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet

Because there are chruches and other sacred places that will no way in hell 'marry' two me or two women.

Why can't they call it something else instead of marriage?? Marriage has far too close ties to religion (afterall, why do we get married in churches or other sacred areas??)

Why can't they call it a "UNION" or something. They go to an office, get registered and sign the papers and that's it.

Calling it "marriage" is the best way to ensure that the LEGAL standing of the union is exactly equivalent to that of a hetero married couple.

Or they could call ALL legal decrees "civil unions" for that matter.

Church ceremonies should be left up to the churches. Some will do the ceremony without hesitation, others won't. And that should be left up to them to decide.

But religious beliefs should not be involved in legal policy.

Hardrock69
06-30-2005, 04:59 PM
Wow so now JizzyStool can marry himself!!!

I wonder how he will consummate the marriage though....

franksters
06-30-2005, 05:11 PM

it is not marriage it's a civil union and btw even the gays don't want to get married in a church...

what they really want is to benefit of the pension plan and heritage when their loved one past away, now they have it!

in the past if a gay guy would own buildings assets and money and he's been with the same man for 30 years, the homophobe family who disapprove is way of life would claim everything he had because they are the legal ones... not anymore..

and good for us, as long as we keep our distance from the u.s( like the legalisation of pot and heroin clinics, like not following the americans to a stupid war, like not having an embargo against cuba, like signing the kyoto accord and respecting it) we will keep our independence.

Keeyth
06-30-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by FORD
When did Fred Phelps (http://www.godhatesfags.com) move to Canada? :confused:

LMAO! I had actually never heard of that guy before about two weeks ago when I went on a trip out of town and couldn't get my regular radio stations. So I'm flipping through the channels and I come across this DJ interviewing this so called preacher who was so unbelievably insane I just couldn't turn the channel.

A caller asked why the DJ would have such a vile man on the radio and the DJ replied, "I'm not going to turn him away. This is one of those guys you want to keep close. (like an enemy) I would be more scared if I ignored him and didn't know what he was up to!"

It was hilarious. That Phelps is seriously demented.:D

moose
06-30-2005, 06:31 PM
Speak for YOURSELF!

I am going straight to heaven, and being a humain being that has no hate at all towards any group of people will surely help...

Sorry BG777, I cannot stand these fuckers, the world is going to hell in a handbasket and this is the begining. I do not agree woth you or this gay marriage bullshit. Screw them all I say

moose
06-30-2005, 06:33 PM
You really don't HAVE TO stare at them at all... Just mind your own business.

Just ignore them, since you hate them so much and quit bitchin'!

How can you ignore this crap when everywherre you look there is a bunch of faggots and lezbos flaunting their shit. This is ridiculous. Bunch of fuckin queers on tv, radio, magazines, even fuckin parades for God's sake. Burn em at the stake I say!!!!

moose
06-30-2005, 06:37 PM
Just explain to your children that daddy is a homophobic and that he refuses to "live and let live"...

And make sure you teach them to NOT make the same mistakes that you make!

Teaching children to refuse reality, be closed minded and to hate people is sick!!!

I guess I'm sick trying to teach my children the true values of life, show them the right way and not the wrong, being upstanding citizens and showing them that a true couple is a man and a woman, not men and men-women and women. I honestly think that the people who are gay are sick.. there is iimbalance somewhere in their mental/physical make up.
Truth hurts. To bad so sad.
Sorry you took this the wrong way BG777.

UGS
06-30-2005, 07:47 PM
moose, what the fuck does it matter to you what other people do? I'd be more worried about my kids being exposed to the hate that you're spouting here than them being exposed to two women holding hands in a public place.

I mean, it's not anyone's forcing you to watch two guys suck each other off. It's just the government recognizing a type of marriage. Not even the churches, just the government.

blonddgirl777
06-30-2005, 07:55 PM
I guess I'm sick trying to teach my children the true values of life, show them the right way and not the wrong, being upstanding citizens and showing them that a true couple is a man and a woman, not men and men-women and women. I honestly think that the people who are gay are sick.. there is iimbalance somewhere in their mental/physical make up.
Truth hurts. To bad so sad.
Sorry you took this the wrong way BG777.

There is so much HATE coming out of your posts!
:(

Talking about heaven and hell...
Have you ever learned to at least accept everyone's differences?

Who put YOU in charge of deciding what "true values" and "right from wrong" are, for a whole society...
Especially for people with whom you obviously don't want to have anything to do ?
:confused:

Keeyth
06-30-2005, 07:57 PM
Um, it's called "homophobia". He's got it reeeaaal bad!

blonddgirl777
06-30-2005, 07:58 PM
How can you ignore this crap when everywherre you look there is a bunch of faggots and lezbos flaunting their shit. This is ridiculous. Bunch of fuckin queers on tv, radio, magazines, even fuckin parades for God's sake. Burn em at the stake I say!!!!

EVERYWHERE???
Where do you live?

It might be your imagination playing tricks on you?

thome
06-30-2005, 08:02 PM
What happens if a couple guys get all Dog Knotted Up and one of
em has to go to a job interview? Then what?

Mezro
06-30-2005, 08:05 PM
Love is love and marriage is an extension of true love. All people deserve this right.

Mezro...most people that gay bash are pretty much closeted or have zero confidence in their own sexuality...

blonddgirl777
06-30-2005, 08:08 PM

Why can't HERETOS. do without Mariage?

What is the fact of treating people differently because of sexual orientation, if NOT prejudice?

There are aspects of society that are FAR MORE fucked up then that...
EX: A pedofile getting away with only 2 years in prison, for ruining a child's life forever, and much more...

blonddgirl777
06-30-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
Love is love and marriage is an extension of true love. All people deserve this right.

Mezro...most people that gay bash are pretty much closeted or have zero confidence in their own sexuality...

Besides being very well said, this is a proven fact!

Mezro
06-30-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by thome
What happens if a couple guys get all Dog Knotted Up and one of
em has to go to a job interview? Then what?

Man, you really have to get out of Kansas City and spend some time in the real world.

Mezro...for 44 years old you are incredibly limited...what happens if an asshole like you shows up for a job interview?...

Mezro
06-30-2005, 08:13 PM
Besides being very well said, this is a proven fact!

I happen to have confidence in my own sexuality.

Mezro...hi...I'm Mezro...I'm fully shaved..and you:D...

thome
06-30-2005, 08:25 PM
Why does a sexual preferance deserve a Lobby on capital hill?

i have a few gay freinds and they think all this promotive BS is for
Gays to justify there behavior by convincing OTHERS that its
proper behavior Inherantly THEY are the ones who dont respect
themselves.Forceing people to tell them its ok
I personally dont care what poeple stick in what as long as its
Mutual .Ok it does creep me out. Is that ok or am i a hate crime

By the way these Lezzie girls love that joke... and me

moose
06-30-2005, 11:02 PM
EVERYWHERE???
Where do you live?

It might be your imagination playing tricks on you?

Come to Toronto, or better yet just watch tv after 10:00pm.
And I don't hate fags, I DESPISE THEM!

moose
06-30-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Mezro

Sorry I believe that marriage is sacred and should be kept that way.
Let them other folks live comman-law.

Wow this is gettin nasty. Even the mighty Mez has added his2 cents into this. Maybe coming from San Fran has something to do with it. These are my beliefs and I'm sticking to em'.

moose
06-30-2005, 11:29 PM

EX: A pedofile getting away with only 2 years in prison, for ruining a child's life forever, and much more...

Good point, again I say it's the goverments fault for not spending more time on issues like this, rather than worry about legalizing marriage for the gay community.
Whats more important in life, gays getting married or children starving, famine, war, pedophiles running loose in todays society,
HIV running rampant in South Africa, India, so is it a great day to be a Canadian, just because we legalized gay marriages or would it have been better if we announced that our judicial system has decided to tighten the screws to murders, pedophiles, rapists, murderes or that we have a cure for Aids/Cancer.
No it's not a great day!:(

blonddgirl777
07-01-2005, 03:01 PM
so is it a great day to be a Canadian, just because we legalized gay marriages or would it have been better if we announced that our judicial system has decided to tighten the screws to murders, pedophiles, rapists, murderes or that we have a cure for Aids/Cancer.
No it's not a great day!:(

Solving one problem doesn't prevent another one to be solved...
Come on!

It took few months to come up with this new law although, they've ("they", would be many countries) been reaserching on aids for decades!!!

IT IS a great day and I hope we'll see other ones like that soon...

blonddgirl777
07-01-2005, 03:03 PM
Come to Toronto, or better yet just watch tv after 10:00pm.
And I don't hate fags, I DESPISE THEM!

YOU would be better off to quit "WATCHING"...

blonddgirl777
07-01-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by thome

i have a few gay freinds...

By the way these Lezzie girls love that joke... and me

YEA RRRRIGHT!!!!!
:rolleyes:

Mezro
07-01-2005, 03:11 PM
Usually when a person drops the "gay friend" line it is just a bullshit afterthought to try and soften their homophobia in a public forum.

I have friends: not gay friends or bi friends or transgender friends or asian friends...just friends.

Mezro...drop the cute little fucking identifiers...people are people...and love is love...

Rikk
07-02-2005, 12:48 AM
I can't believe there are still some strong homophobes. For Christ's sake, when will people realize civil rights issues when they see them? Practically all the same "justifications" for limiting civil rights for blacks in the early Twentieth Century are still being used by some folk for homosexuals.

What the fuck difference should it make to anyone if one person wants to marry another person? I hate to break it to all the churches of the world, but they do not own the definition of marriage...they only own their own definition of marriage. If the Catholic Church wants to say, "You can't get married in our Church", all power to 'em. But that doesn't mean they can limit what's declared in a courtroom.

Christ, I have friends that have married hosebeasts. Just because I wouldn't dream of marrying said hosebeasts doesn't mean I should disallow them from taking their vows.

Nitro Express
07-02-2005, 02:47 AM
Religion is the key point of the gay argument. Most traditional Christian religions view homosexuality as a sin. It's traditionally pointed out that one of the key reasons Soddom and Gomorah were destroyed by God was the rampant homosexuality going on.

The gay rights movement comes into direct clash with the traditional Christian beliefs many people believe in. In the United States, we are becoming a divided country over who believes in traditional Christian values and who does not. It's finally come down to the point of where you either have to accept the new concept of gay marriage or hold to the old beliefs and view it as sinful. There is no middle road on this issue. Never before have I ever seen so much hate on both sides of the fence. It's a seriouse matter and this issue and others is going to test the United States. Never before have I seen the political dissatisfaction to levels where sometimes I wonder if people are just going to get fed up to the point of organizing a dissention from the union. I'm sure my ultra conservative Mormon relatives in Alberta are loving the new Canadian law.

I'm an agnostic, I see it this way, if homosexuality is a sin and if Jesus is coming back soon, he's going to take care of it. He's going to add some chlorine to the gene pool and rapture the people worth saving.

If homosexuality is something people are indeed born with, the way we live as a community is going to be way different than it ever has been. From an intellectual standpoint, no community that has ever practiced open homosexuality lasts more than a few generations before it falls on it's ass.

My two cents worth is marriage is between and man and a woman. I don't think homosexuals should be able to adopt children because they cannot naturally produce them. I think the best thing for children is to have an adoptive situation where it mimics their natural family as close as possible. If gays want to enter into a contract where they receive some bennefits as a long term couple then this might be the best way to go.

For me, it's a state issue and not a federal govt. issue. The United States is too conservative as a whole to accept such a radical change in the concept of marriage. It might work at the local community level.

I for one would really like to see the federal govt. get out of our local politics more. I think the states should decide on this one. If you don't like the state politics, well, then you can move to where it better fits your lifestyle.

Rikk
07-02-2005, 03:24 AM
The thing is this...the only people being infringed upon with gay marriage is gay people. The reason I see it as one-sided and totally self-centered is because homosexuals aren't asking to be married in a Christian person's home where that Christian person can practice whatever the hell it is they want to. The gay person isn't infringing upon a Christian's life. A Christian can be a Christian but not be a Christian to the point of infringing upon other people's lives by imposing his beliefs and version of God on others. If a Christian person cannot tell me that I have to be in Church on Sunday, then he can't tell a homosexual that he can't get married in a non-religious court of law.

Nitro Express
07-03-2005, 02:10 AM
Many Christian faiths believe they are obligated to deffend their community against sinful things. These are the people who pressure video stores who rent porn to not to carry it or run them out of business. Many Christians believe that that government should be based on Christian values. In the past, that was no problem but the US is more diverse. Homosexuals view themselves as being discriminated against and use the diversity argument to promote their cause.

This isn't going to be Rodney King going, "Can't we all get along?". The chasm is going to widen and people are going to choose their sides and hunker down. We will see more anti-Christian or may I say anti-religiouse right hate and more homosexual hate. It will basically boil down to what group is better organized and who can buy the most politicians. The last election showed the religiouse right are a powerful lobby. How nasty is it going to get? If push comes to shove, it could get very nasty, expecially if the economy worsens to the point to where people need a scape goat.

Cathedral
07-03-2005, 03:18 AM
First of all, Christians need to get their own houses in order before they start marching against what they call blastphemy in the gay community.
Those that have gone public denouncing gays in the name of God are hypocrites because they themselves are not living entirely according to God's law.
A Christian cannot pick and choose what laws of God they must adhere to, the scripture requires that we submit wholly and totally to his will if we are to be redeamed. and since none of them i have seen parading about are doing that, they are hypocrites and they need to shut up and as i said, get their own house in order.

Jesus didn't hate gays, to him they were just another sinner in need of salvation. he wouldn't turn them away and would treat them as everyone else by teaching them the laws of the father.
If they chose not follow him, he'd dust the very sand from his feet as a testimony against them, as with anyone who turned away from Jesus.

Now me, I don't agree with it and i don't accept it as a valid lifestyle.
I have no friends that are gay and i don't plan on having gay people in my home.
But i don't disrespect them when i do meet them in the streets about town.
I treat everyone with respect until they disrespect me and then i remove that individual from my life completely.

What you do in your own home is between you and God, my thoughts and/or opinions don't count and i offer no comments about it.

But bring it to my home and we'll have an issue that prevents you from being welcome in my home.

I think homosexuality is a disgusting act to engage in.
And i don't care what any government rules on this issue, gays are not welcome in my home, period.
I do not accept that lifestyle, and that is that.

I would help anyone who needed help and i had the resources to do so, but i will in no way shape or form give them the impression that i approve of their way of life.
Civil Respect is all i am able to offer, acceptance? Not going to happen.

Ally_Kat
07-03-2005, 03:35 AM

I wish it was called civil union because that is what they are trying to obtain. Homosexuals can get married in many different faiths and can hold a marriage-type ceremony of their own. What they're trying to get is a legal civil union. When heteros get married, in a service other than the civil service, it's two different unions. It's the religious marriage and the civil union. The religious counts for the respected faith and the civil counts for gov't dealings. You can have a religious ceremony and be married within a faith without being legally married according to the gov't and you can have a civil union recognized by the gov't that is not seen as binding or blessed by a faith. Currently the religious marriages for homosexuals are not seen as legal to the gov't and hold no legal power with the gov't and that's what they want.

I've said it since the beginning -- call it civil unions and less people would be resistant because they would see if for what it is -- legal rights.

Rikk
07-03-2005, 12:27 PM
There are some good points there. I've always maintained that religion is the jurisdiction of those with authority in the religion. But I feel there's no reason to not call it marriage. That's still infringement upon other people because someone doesn't agree with their lifestyle. The key is not compromise. When we're talking civil rights, there is no room for compromise. They're either allowed or they aren't. If a white judge ordered that a black man could eat in a white man's restaurant but had to sit in another section, that would be...well, in fact, that's exactly what happened. Civil rights aren't to be met halfway. They're to be met all the way. There is no logic in partially denying a right because it pisses a lot of people off that haven't brought their feelings into the 21st century yet. Rights aren't about appeasement.

But I will reiterate that I believe Catholic churches, Muslim churches, etc. can decide who gets married in their churches. A religion is like a club...you set your own rules.

The government is not a club.

Ally_Kat
07-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
. But I feel there's no reason to not call it marriage. That's still infringement upon other people because someone doesn't agree with their lifestyle.

I don't see that as the certificate would be proof of a civil union regardless of sexuality pairing.

Growing up, I rarely heard as someone having a civil service as having a wedding or getting married. It was always said, they went to see the judge or they had a civil service. Lately though, marriage has popped up more and more to replace the wording, which is weird for me because Matrimony has always been used in terms of religion -- be it Christian, Pagan, etc. I think the Wiccans call their matrimony ceremony Henfasting, also, or something similar.

HELLVIS
07-03-2005, 02:19 PM
Cool! Now the gay/lesbian community can partake in the joys of bitter divorces and all the other bullshit that goes with marriage. This reminds me of the U.S. army giving the indians blankets to keep them warm. Oh yeah, those blankets were infected with small pox. Be careful what you wish for. :D

blonddgirl777
07-03-2005, 09:09 PM
Governments and Religions should stay separated...
Acting side to side, they've proven being extremely destructive in the past.
... They still are!

It is time for that abuse of power to be over.

My husband and I are Pagans and didn't beleive in getting married in a Catholic church (as we where brought up).
We don't beleive that a priest, that knows absolutely NOTHING about relationships is the right person to marry a couple.

When someone asks me my status I answer (or check): "Married"... not "Clvilly United".

Whatever term you want to use is your own business and as far as I'm concerned, no religion will ever dictate me how to label my union.

Nitro Express
07-03-2005, 09:55 PM
It's easy to have sepparation of church and state when everyone in the country share the basic "public values". In the past nobody really questioned the 10 commandments or had a problem with them. The nasty stuff we do now was done then but in secrecy. Christianity was the major religion and nobody had a problem having a Christmas party at school or wishing people Merry Christmas!

Now public celebrations of Christmas and displays of the Ten Commandments is under fire. Homosexuality was tottaly underground with the exception of places like San Fransisco and other gay accepting communities.

When everyone shares the same general value system it's easy to say we don't want a theocracy, but when our values are coming under attack to the point to where we feel threatened, people change.

Many view homosexuality as a national threat and something that will ruin the country for their kids and grandchildren. They view it as the beginnings of Soddom and Gomorah and they will do what they have to do to eliminate the threat.

Saying there is sepparation of church and state is clearly accademic because we take our value system to the voting booth.

Hey, the Mormon prophet may no longer be the govenor of Utah but if you think the Mormons don't currently run the state of Utah, you're an idiot.

Wars have began under a difference in percieved values. If you think we live in an more enlightened day and age then Ha! Ha! Ha! Dream on! You can get shot for you beliefs now as easy as you could get killed for them several thousand years ago. The human race never changes. In the end, he with the biggest stick wins the philosophy argument.

Ally_Kat
07-03-2005, 09:58 PM

We don't beleive that a priest, that knows absolutely NOTHING about relationships is the right person to marry a couple.

Why not? In the Catholic Church, it is a sacrament and being a sacrament it is to be performed by a priest. Does this mean that justices of the peace, ministers, and other respected heads of faith who don't have a spouse can't perform services within their respected religions?

All the priest does is meet with you and tell you the requirements from the Doctrine to getting married within the Church. For those pre-cana and weekend encounters, you deal with a long-term married couple that talks to you about marriage and up-coming bumps in the road and ways of dealing with them.

The priest does nothing but perform the sacrament. That's like saying a priest can't perform Communion because he isn't the Lord Jesus Christ Himself.

Besides, just because a man went to the seminary and recieved the Sacrament of Holy Orders does not mean that he knows nothing about relationships. There are men who date throughout high school and then sometime afterwards there, or in college or whenever they hear their calling go on to study. It's not right to list them as ignorant to relationships all together because they decided they wanted this position within their faith. It's a common misinterpretation. You'd be surprise at how much they actually understand.

blonddgirl777
07-04-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Why not? In the Catholic Church, it is a sacrament and being a sacrament it is to be performed by a priest. Does this mean that justices of the peace, ministers, and other respected heads of faith who don't have a spouse can't perform services within their respected religions?

All the priest does is meet with you and tell you the requirements from the Doctrine to getting married within the Church. For those pre-cana and weekend encounters, you deal with a long-term married couple that talks to you about marriage and up-coming bumps in the road and ways of dealing with them.

The priest does nothing but perform the sacrament. That's like saying a priest can't perform Communion because he isn't the Lord Jesus Christ Himself.

Besides, just because a man went to the seminary and recieved the Sacrament of Holy Orders does not mean that he knows nothing about relationships. There are men who date throughout high school and then sometime afterwards there, or in college or whenever they hear their calling go on to study. It's not right to list them as ignorant to relationships all together because they decided they wanted this position within their faith. It's a common misinterpretation. You'd be surprise at how much they actually understand.

A Priest or a Minister can very well perform any sacrement for those who beleive in, and need that kind of blessing...

But like I said in my previous post: We are Pagans.
None of that « Church, Sacrements, Priests, Nuns, etc... » makes sens to us, so that’s why a Priest is not up to get involved in our lives.

After 12 years of Catholic School and Church (blessed by every sacrements), after witnessing a lot of stories and anecdotes related to comments and behaviors made « in the name of God », I decided that this Religion was not designed for me (or I was not designed for it).

Fortunately, I met a husband that shared the same opinions as I do and we just celebrated our 14th year last thursday.

No « pre-cana or week-end encounters » by the church etc... we made our own, being lucky enough to have good familie’s and friend’s inputs . And we beleive that if we are still together (and in love), it is all because of our common devotion to go through everything and to make things work. Trust me, we know what « thick and thin » means... we learned it in the school of « life as a couple ». And there are many couples that are like that, here.

I want to add that I do respect everyone's beleifs as long as they don't try to convert/convince, in any way (especially with war and violence). Religion is a very personnal thing that has to be lived within oneself and that can be passed on to one’s children.

There are many groups of beleifs to chose from, and I just don't like the arrogance (or ignorance) of those who claim high and loud that THEIR's is THE ONE AND ONLY…

Mostly, Religion shouldn't be USED to defend or condone any society's and government's behaviors, as it is being done now, with Gay Mariages.

I think Religion is far from being the key to a peacefull society (history has spoken) but acceptance and tolerance towards each other is... since Loving everybody is totally impossible.

What I was trying to express by starting that thread, is that we would all « win » (at least inside) if we could just:
« Live and let Live »...

Nitro Express
07-05-2005, 03:43 AM
Paganism is basically idol worship. What pagan Gods do you worship Blondgirl777? Why paganism over being an agnostic or an athiest. For me, I really have no idea what or who God is. Since it's impossible to prove that God exists or doesn not exist, I certainly didn't want to become an athiest. Hey, getting a perfect ressurected body after I die and going to heaven sounds good to me. I have no idea what's going to happpen but I try and hedge things by trying to be a good person and try to treat people how I would like to be treated myself.

Seshmeister
07-05-2005, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
There are men who date throughout high school and then sometime afterwards there, or in college or whenever they hear their calling go on to study.

I think this 'calling' expression was/is actually a euphanism or codeword developed over the centuries for men that find that they are sexually attraced to children.

franksters
07-05-2005, 11:14 AM
one comment to moose and cathedral, I hope your kids don't turn out gay...

and that is usually what happens to gay haters father...

because you will suffer as much as you hate this lifestyle.

to me this is like prostitution, no one will ever be able to stop it, so legalize it a.s.a.p. so we can collectively move on to the next topic...

Seshmeister
07-05-2005, 12:31 PM
A Priest or a Minister can very well perform any sacrement for those who beleive in, and need that kind of blessing...

But like I said in my previous post: We are Pagans.

Do you dance about in circles up hills with your tits hanging out?

Do you spend a lot of time picking up pebbles and talking about how strong their energy source is?

Do you swing?

Cheers!

:gulp:

blonddgirl777
07-05-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Do you dance about in circles up hills with your tits hanging out?

Do you spend a lot of time picking up pebbles and talking about how strong their energy source is?

Do you swing?

Cheers!

Nice try... for the insults towards my beleifs!

I really hope it helps you feel better about the ignorant person that you are!

moose
07-05-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by franksters
one comment to moose and cathedral, I hope your kids don't turn out gay...

and that is usually what happens to gay haters father...

because you will suffer as much as you hate this lifestyle.

to me this is like prostitution, no one will ever be able to stop it, so legalize it a.s.a.p. so we can collectively move on to the next topic...

Frankster, no need to worry on my part. You have me misunderstood, what I'm tryin to say is that "do not call it a marriage" a "civil union" would better describe it. A person/s can do whatever they want behind closed doors, I really couldn't care less, but when you act like a bunch of idiots in public, being very promiscious and having no morals/ethics with your public conduct then of course I'm gonna say something. Just keep it behind closed doors. As for my kids, well they can judge for themselves, I do not show any hate towards any religion, ethnic, or sexual preference in front of them.
Todays children learn their predjudice feelings at school, where they are most vulnerable. My parents taught me how to be respectable, treat everyone fairly get a good education etc etc, they sure as fuck didn't teach me on how to hate. So forget about calling it "marriage" call it a "civil union".
If someone's gay well it's their loss for not enjoying one of GOD's greatest gifts to humanity.......
Pure unadulterated pleasures with the opposite sex.

blonddgirl777
07-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Paganism is basically idol worship. What pagan Gods do you worship Blondgirl777? Why paganism over being an agnostic or an athiest. ...

I have no idea what's going to happpen but I try and hedge things by trying to be a good person and try to treat people how I would like to be treated myself.

The term "Payen" (French for Pagan), was used by Catholics to insult those who didn't beleive in anything,
Re: THEIR God.
It means: "Beleives in Nothiong" and "Will be a Lost Soul" etc...

That's what I was called by many God worshipers that surrounded me, as I grew up (in French).

I don't idolise anything or anybody (except for Dave)... L.O.L.

Trying to be as good as I can be, treating people as I would like to be treated, along with respecting every living creature and the environment is also what I try to do.

You say that you have no idea of what's going to happen... well, this is humble of you to admitt that.
I don't know either and so far, no-one has been able to prove anything...

blonddgirl777
07-05-2005, 08:52 PM
... what I'm tryin to say is that "do not call it a marriage" a "civil union" would better describe it.
So forget about calling it "marriage" call it a "civil union".

No problem here!

In fact, I would be happier describing myself as: "Civily United" or some other term that could be adopted legally to describe that.
A term is just a term...

Anyway, what makes people stay together LOVING EACH OTHER is really not a paper (signed by whoever).
We all know that it is: Devotion, Tolerence, Respect, etc... etc...

Statistics about divorces??? :(

BigBadBrian
07-06-2005, 01:15 PM

There are many groups of beleifs to chose from, and I just don't like the arrogance (or ignorance) of those who claim high and loud that THEIR's is THE ONE AND ONLY…

WRONG!

All religious groups and affiliations believe theirs is the only way to believe...Christians, Jews, Muslims, Wiccans, etc.

If one believes in a particular faith but thinks that "hey, maybe this other religion is true also!" .... Well, then their original belief isn't worth a damn, is it?

Seshmeister
07-06-2005, 01:53 PM
The term "Payen" (French for Pagan), was used by Catholics to insult those who didn't beleive in anything,
Re: THEIR God.
It means: "Beleives in Nothiong" and "Will be a Lost Soul" etc...

That's what I was called by many God worshipers that surrounded me, as I grew up (in French).

I don't idolise anything or anybody (except for Dave)... L.O.L.

Trying to be as good as I can be, treating people as I would like to be treated, along with respecting every living creature and the environment is also what I try to do.

You say that you have no idea of what's going to happen... well, this is humble of you to admitt that.
I don't know either and so far, no-one has been able to prove anything...

Oh right sorry about that.

Usually means Druid/Wiccan here.

Cheers

Nickdfresh
07-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by HELLVIS
Cool! Now the gay/lesbian community can partake in the joys of bitter divorces and all the other bullshit that goes with marriage. This reminds me of the U.S. army giving the indians blankets to keep them warm. Oh yeah, those blankets were infected with small pox. Be careful what you wish for. :D

I've heard that that is already actually happening in some states like Vermont.:D

blonddgirl777
07-06-2005, 06:30 PM
Oh right sorry about that.

Usually means Druid/Wiccan here.

Cheers

I know, that term is ambiguous here too...
That's why I'd be better not to "label" myself at all.

blonddgirl777
07-06-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
WRONG!

All religious groups and affiliations believe theirs is the only way to believe...Christians, Jews, Muslims, Wiccans, etc.

If one believes in a particular faith but thinks that "hey, maybe this other religion is true also!" .... Well, then their original belief isn't worth a damn, is it?

You're absolutely right on that one.
If you're going to doubt, then you don't have enough faith...

I think that the big question is:
Should one have faith or,
Should one eknowledge the fact that no-one can prove God exists (in a realistic way)?

I said it, and I'll say it again...
The answer is hidden deep inside every individual and it should STAY THERE!

Seshmeister
07-07-2005, 07:10 AM
I know, that term is ambiguous here too...
That's why I'd be better not to "label" myself at all.

I use 'Fundamentalist Atheist' these days but even that annoys me.

There's no word for not believing in fairies and goblins so there shouldn't need to be a word for not believing in gods.

franksters
07-07-2005, 10:29 AM
for me the only TRUE BELIEVERS are the ones that actually don't beleive in anything, because they are 1000% certain that there is nothing out there and they will defend there point to the fullest.

so they are also believers, not to call them extremist!!! :)

Seshmeister
07-07-2005, 10:37 AM
That's why I use the word 'Fundamentalist'...:)

blonddgirl777
07-07-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by franksters

...so they are also believers, not to call them extremist!!! :)

"Extremists"... in what sense?

I never talk about religion, nor try to convince anybody.
I prefer to avoid the subject and certainly don't want to spend hours of my live explaining that I won't change my mind.

All the ones that are like me, tend to do the same...
We never start any verbal conflicts to make our point!

In general, the most EXTREMISTS acts come from those who are fanatics of religions...
Acting "in the name of A God"...
IE:
Burning "Witches", burning crosses, cruisading (killikg Natives), blowing abortion clinics, blowing towers etc... etc...

blonddgirl777
07-07-2005, 02:45 PM
I use 'Fundamentalist Atheist' these days but even that annoys me.

There's no word for not believing in fairies and goblins so there shouldn't need to be a word for not believing in gods.

Like I said, some names (like Payen) where only given to insult the non-beleivers...
They are worth what they are worth.

I say: call me what you want, I'm the one who knows exactly what I am worth inside.

franksters
07-08-2005, 11:26 PM
Extremist in their belief...

meaning they will never doubt that they might be wrong or could be wrong. because they are 1000000% sure there there is nothing and all these religion and spirituality is just a non-sense for them...

extrmist in a way that they absolutly never questions their beliefs.

so it makes them the best believers , since they never fear they could be wrong...

hopefully my toughts are clear!

zeronumber
07-09-2005, 04:45 AM
Funny, usually here at the roth army we do nothing but rip at each other calling each other fags, gaywads, and dirty sanchez's...but now were defending it....right....

Anyway, the way I feel about it is simple, whatever somebody does in their own lives and own buisness (i.e. not effecting me) is none of my concern.

Frankly I don't approve of homosexuality, unless it's with 2 hot women, showcasing various money shots, as they make sweet love to each other by the candle light.(you know how cheap porn is...)

And besides...It's canada. Now no offence to any canadian's reading this, but seriously, who the fuck cares about what canada does? Seriously, is the news days coming by so slow, that the world starts turning their eyes to a land that's known best for bordering the U.S.A?
This is a country that's literally known for NOTHING considering world affairs...hell, even in the wall street journal and new york times, you'll here more about Cambodia, East Timur, and various 3rd world countries about their contribution in Textiles, where as canada makes headlines for what? Gay marriages?

Seriously, who cares about what goes on in America Jr....I mean....Canada except those who live there? Nobody.

Rikk
07-09-2005, 07:53 PM
You're a fucking idiot.

Go put on some VAN HAGAR.:rolleyes:

MAX
07-09-2005, 08:26 PM
You're a fucking idiot.

Go put on some VAN HAGAR.:rolleyes:

Has this sheep been put in the Pen as of yet? If not, might I suggest....... ;)

Damn this punk for mixin' it up with both of my "personal" posse i.e. DG and yourself. Let's burn him at the stake. :mad:

Rikk
07-09-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Let's burn him at the stake.

Not before we send you to the SHEEP PEN Grammar School.;)

But seriously, yeah he's an idiot. But he's never bitched about Dave. Being a Dave-basher is the only way to get accomodation at the Pen.

ZeroInches is a fucking lowlife for sure, though.

MAX
07-09-2005, 09:19 PM
Not before we send you to the SHEEP PEN Grammar School.;)

But seriously, yeah he's an idiot. But he's never bitched about Dave. Being a Dave-basher is the only way to get accomodation at the Pen.

ZeroInches is a fucking lowlife for sure, though.

Oops,

I meant lettuce boin him at the steaks. :o :p

Rikk
07-09-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Oops,

I meant lettuce boin him at the steaks. :o :p

Soon your English will be as good as cockvanhalen69's.;)

academic punk
07-09-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by zeronumber
[B]hell, even in the wall street journal and new york times, you'll here more about Cambodia, East Timur, and various 3rd world countries about their contribution in Textiles, where as canada makes headlines for what? Gay marriages?
B]

So...let's see...these other countries, what makes headlines? Corporate and political corruption, the crime rate and pollution, the unemployment, the inhumane treatments of the poor, etc.

And Canada should feel shame for not being in the news more often???

One thing you'll learn as you get older, zero: NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS.

Rikk
07-09-2005, 09:26 PM
No shit. Yeah, us Canadian residents wish we had mass killings, starvation, beyond inept leadership and foreign policy fuck-ups...just so trailer trash like ZEROINCHES could read their papers and say: "Woo-hee. Look at that Canada in da news again. Pass me my moonshine and I'll start reading this and skip da hard words.":rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
07-09-2005, 09:34 PM
No shit. Yeah, us Canadian residents wish we had mass killings, starvation, beyond inept leadership and foreign policy fuck-ups...just so trailer trash like ZEROINCHES could read their papers and say: "Woo-hee. Look at that Canada in da news again. Pass me my moonshine and I'll start reading this and skip da hard words.":rolleyes:

ZEROBITCHES can read? I thought he got his news from sweaty meatheads.

MAX
07-09-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
ZEROBITCHES can read? I thought he got his news from sweaty meatheads.

Yo Nick,

Are you going to sign up at www.tommythayersucks.com or what bro?

Nickdfresh
07-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Yo Nick,

Are you going to sign up at www.tommythayersucks.com or what bro?

LOL Today's project was www.sammyhagar.net Mission Accomplished!

MAX
07-09-2005, 09:45 PM

Hahahahaha!!!

What, did you piss off all three braindead members?

Nickdfresh
07-09-2005, 09:50 PM

Just did, pending webbie approval. Holyshit KIZZ, does that bring back memories!:D

Nickdfresh
07-09-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Hahahahaha!!!

What, did you piss off all three braindead members?

They had to cut out half their website today.:D They still didn't ban me, stupid bastards!:D :cool:

MAX
07-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Nick,

Link me to the threads please? :)

Nickdfresh
07-09-2005, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Nick,

Link me to the threads please? :)

They're gone...

http://www.sammyhagar.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1426

http://www.sammyhagar.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1425

http://www.sammyhagar.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1423

blonddgirl777
07-11-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by zeronumber
Funny, usually here at the roth army we do nothing but rip at each other calling each other fags, gaywads, and dirty sanchez's...but now were defending it....right....

Anyway, the way I feel about it is simple, whatever somebody does in their own lives and own buisness (i.e. not effecting me) is none of my concern.

Frankly I don't approve of homosexuality, unless it's with 2 hot women, showcasing various money shots, as they make sweet love to each other by the candle light.(you know how cheap porn is...)

And besides...It's canada. Now no offence to any canadian's reading this, but seriously, who the fuck cares about what canada does? Seriously, is the news days coming by so slow, that the world starts turning their eyes to a land that's known best for bordering the U.S.A?
This is a country that's literally known for NOTHING considering world affairs...hell, even in the wall street journal and new york times, you'll here more about Cambodia, East Timur, and various 3rd world countries about their contribution in Textiles, where as canada makes headlines for what? Gay marriages?

Seriously, who cares about what goes on in America Jr....I mean....Canada except those who live there? Nobody.

Being IGNORANT is one thing, but PROUD of being it...?
It really takes an IDIOT who wants to stay an IDIOT.

No wonder why his name starts by "ZERO"!

zeronumber
07-11-2005, 12:19 PM
Wow..I guess the part of "No offense" probably means something different in canadian, I guess.

Oh we attack the grammar, and make nice paradoies of my name...which was funny at the nintendo forums when the members actually admited to being 14 year olds.

Anyway, sorry for stating the truth, I know it hurts, but hell, don't get offended by it, shit, I thought candians were supposed to be a lot more laid back and calm?

Listen, again, I got nothing against homosexuals. If somebody is a homosexual...hell, all the more power to them, I won't hate somebody just for being gay, but hell, that doesn't mean I have to approve or accept that act, I have my own beliefs as do others.

As for the canada...let's face it, when the world looks at you when you basically have done nothing but legalize something most other countries are against, does not in anyway make you special...Hmm...my watch seems to have stopped ticking...I guess your 15 minutes of fame about this issue are over canada.

And honestly, the only American's who truely give 2 shits about canada legalizing gay marriages, are liberal ass hippies, who bitch and moan about how america is unfair, and should be more about canada...unfortunately...It's usually all talk anyway.

Rikk
07-11-2005, 12:24 PM
For a guy that is pathetic enough to have Chris Katan in his avatar, methinks it's time to recheck your opinions and impulsive behavior.

Believe me, brother, as an American living in Canada, I can tell you that I have few Canadians that give two flying fucks what Americans think of this country. Do you really think impressing trailer trash such as yourself is the number one goal of a free society?

Anyway, I don't agree with all Canadian legislation pertaining to government spending or Canadian content laws, but I'm certainly proud that the social attitudes in this country are about 20 years ahead of many U.S. states' social legislation (or even more)...going right back to Canada (as various provinces) denouncing slavery and it being a normal part of the U.S. economy.

Trust me...an international viewpoint gives you greater wisdom than your narrow-minded US VS. THEM rhetoric.

No wonder your name is ZEROINCHES. It's made you very bitter.:rolleyes:

blonddgirl777
07-11-2005, 12:31 PM
For a guy that is pathetic enough to have Chris Katan in his avatar, methinks it's time to recheck your opinions and impulsive behavior.

Believe me, brother, as an American living in Canada, I can tell you that I have few Canadians that give two flying fucks what Americans think of this country. Do you really think impressing trailer trash such as yourself is the number one goal of a free society?

Anyway, I don't agree with all Canadian legislation pertaining to government spending or Canadian content laws, but I'm certainly proud that the social attitudes in this country are about 20 years ahead of many U.S. states' social legislation (or even more)...going right back to Canada (as various provinces) denouncing slavery and it being a normal part of the U.S. economy.

Trust me...an international viewpoint gives you greater wisdom than your narrow-minded US VS. THEM rhetoric.

No wonder your name is ZEROINCHES. It's made you very bitter.:rolleyes:

No Rikk,

If you want him/her? to understand... you have to use a "trailer trash" language
(one that you and I really don't have to learn)...

Rikk
07-11-2005, 12:41 PM
No Rikk,

If you want him/her? to understand... you have to use a "trailer trash" language

:D

You're right. When Chris Katan is this man's ambassador, talking to him at the modern-day SNL level is like asking to have a social lobotomy.

Anyway, it may interest ZEROINCHES to know that Quebec especially is truly a culture that has little interest in the United States, with its own self-sufficient television, film and music industry. The rest of Canada is definitely more obsessed with U.S. pop culture...but not to the level of actually admiring Chris Katan.

zeronumber
07-11-2005, 12:45 PM

Listen, I'm just stating the facts, seriously, when was the last time canadians made headlines for anything? And seriously, with war, aids, post live 8, the upcoming G8 summit, and hurricane season...have things settled down so much, that we now look to what canada does?

Hell, when somebody first told me about this, basically, the only thing I said was "And?" as did other americans. Now, if canada were to legalize pot, just like they did in Amsterdam...I could see that being a headline worth reading, and a reason to promote canadian tourism.

Exactly what internation viewpoint could give you the wisdom to say that legalizing gay marriages is still worth a headline? It's not even as though Canada is the first country to do it anyway, would you then say that canada's social policy is lagging that of western europeon countries, who lean more towards socialism, then concentrating on a strong competitive economy? Please.

[b]No wonder your name is ZEROINCHES. It's made you very bitter.:rolleyes:

Nice parody, how old are you again? Hell, telling somebody is ignorant and insenstive towards a situation, then state they shouldn't mock others is one thing; but when you go about making fun of americans as a defense, and cheap name calling...Well, that's sort of the whole "Pot calling the Kettle black" thing. Though you state intesting points, your view is skewered by your own blatent hypocricy.

Feel free though to mock my spelling, grammar, and my name though. Hell, lord knows not using the spell check function helps to level the perverbal playing feild of debates around here.

Once sombody says something you don't agree with, you exercise some good o' fashion Ad hominem, and duck away from having to really debate.

Best to luck with that.;)

zeronumber
07-11-2005, 12:49 PM

You're right. When Chris Katan is this man's ambassador, talking to him at the modern-day SNL level is like asking to have a social lobotomy.

Anyway, it may interest ZEROINCHES to know that Quebec especially is truly a culture that has little interest in the United States, with its own self-sufficient television, film and music industry. The rest of Canada is definitely more obsessed with U.S. pop culture...but not to the level of actually admiring Chris Katan.

First I don't admire chris Katan, I just like his paradoy of Dave.
Anyway, of Course Quebec has little to no interest in the united states...this is a part of canada that prides themselfs on being french!!! LOL. Hell, in true fashion they want to break away from canada and become a french state. Wow, way to state the obvious rikk, thankyou.

zeronumber
07-11-2005, 12:54 PM
No Rikk,

I can see why you're too scared to debate, You got nothing to say. After all, this topic started off, and went on about how canada is better than america because of this, and I post a counter argument to that viewpoint. Now, it's deemed that I'm not worth talking to. I guess you like the sound of your own voice, and your own reassurance with your fellow canadians. I guess firmly standing by the new so called "open minded" views, and "mature" social policies, is out of the question, since you feel the need to immaturely ride off the debate that "ew...he's trailer trash...na na na na" mentality. So nice way of ducking the conversation, I guess you're not really proud of this decesion of legislation, now are you?

Rikk
07-11-2005, 12:55 PM
You are missing the entire point. You keep arguing something that I have already dismissed, but you are maybe too stupid to spot that.

Did you ever put through the realization that the world isn't one big show for the masses? Many Amerians really think the entire world cries at every American disaster and puts America at the top of some heap of social normality. Believe me, it's quite the opposite in many parts of the world.

But here's the real point that I'll state once more...see if you can catch it this time: the objective of a free nation is not to get headlines in other countries. That is maybe the last thing a country gives a fuck about unless it's searching for financial aid. Canada passes its legislation based on whether or not it thinks it's best for the country. Gay marriage legislation wasn't passed for an idiot like yourself to read it in the papers. It was passed because legislators felt this was another way to improve human rights in the country.

And frankly, if world image was really what made a country good, I guess negative press wouldn't be a good thing right? Because I believe the statistics are that the U.S. has its worst international image in its entire history right now. The United States is, sadly, the most hated country in the world right now. It's image is really (and I'm not saying this is an accurate image) one of backwards rednecks that love their guns, enjoy stomping on other countries for oil, resources and extremely premature defense, etc.

Believe me, gay marriage legislation has nothing to do with impressing Johnny Arkansas. And world image means diddly-shit if the country is fairly self-sufficient.

Have a nice day, ZEROINCHES.

zeronumber
07-11-2005, 01:16 PM
Wow..again childish namecalling... I guess the whole mature look towards homosexuality has gone out of the window.

Anyway, my point goes beyond just headlines...Quite frankly, it doesn't matter what canada does to try to impress the world...IN a society that is mostly about who has the best military, economy, and accomplishments, This quitefrankly bearly qualifies as news. Seriously, if this is to be looked at by other countries as an example toward true "freedom", it should be something fairly new, which it's not. As for something that's right? Right to who? Homosexuals? Which make up bearly a 1/10 of the population in the world, let alone canada? That's like making laws to benifit those who wear glasses or are left handed. And really, is this something a good portion of the world wants, or sees? Basically prideing yourself as a country that basically shoves homosexuality as a rightful act, going against all laws, and religious beliefs, weither you like or not. Is that freedom then?

This isn't just about making news...News is doing something new, and doing something that is new and worth talking about. You legalized gay marriage. Good for you. What about solving a failing health care plan? Or solving the problem of funding socialist ideas, while still having a strong economy? Has canada done that? No. That would be news.

And that's the point...This isn't news...this is just another country, going yet one more step towards a socialist belief, that is already practiced in western euorpean states.

Now, Britian getting the olympics....that's news. Legalizing gay marriage is a minor accomplishment.

Rikk
07-11-2005, 01:21 PM
Once again, idiot, this isn't about news. You really are psychotic, aren't you? You really can't read or understand what legislation is about, can you?

1) Canada's economy is in far better shape than the United States' economy.

2) Health care? Don't talk to Canada about health care!:rolleyes:

3) Legislation isn't about majority benefit. The majority of the world would benefit if all the money of the wealthy went to the poor. But would that be good legislation just because it benefitted the majority? Fuck no. It would be unjust and go against the classic ideals of capitalism that keep this world turning. Making gay marriage legal isn't about benefitting a majority. Just as providing civil rights to black people wasn't about benefitting the majority. And once again, though you keep ignoring this point as if you're too stupid to read it, passing the gay marriage legislation wasn't about following other countries. Did you ever think it was because the legislators felt it was just? And if you want to talk about majority, maybe the fact that the majority of Canadians support it speaks volumes? But even that is irrelevant.

You argue in circles. It's rather sad to watch.

Bill Lumbergh
07-11-2005, 01:22 PM
Toys, toys, toys, in the attic............

blonddgirl777
07-11-2005, 06:09 PM
Wow...
That "Zero" thing is really an IGNORANT!

Quebec voted NO (more than once) to separation,

If you would have been around and knew how to read, you would know that I am quite able to debate...
WITH WORTHED PEOPLE,

And YES, I am proud of my FRENCH heritage!
At least I have a good reason to misspell...

How many languages do YOU understand (if any)?

blonddgirl777
07-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Toys, toys, toys, in the attic............

And a "boy" that should remain in the closet (where he belongs)!

Keeyth
07-11-2005, 06:30 PM
And a "boy" that should remain in the closet (where he belongs)!

So I guess you're saying he doesn't 'rub you the right way' ...eh? :D

blonddgirl777
07-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Keeyth
So I guess you're saying he doesn't 'rub you the right way' ...eh? :D

Me and all other Canadians that are "takin' it personnally"...

Keeyth
07-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Ah, forget him. C'mere, I'll give ya a back rub...
...see if I can rub ya the right way! :D

blonddgirl777
07-11-2005, 07:51 PM
You know Keeyth,

I lived in California (L-A & S-F) for 8 years and NEVER heard such B.S. from anyone there!

I keep on explaining to "everyone" here, that not ALL Americans are created equal... L.O.L.

Where in beautiful California, are you from (may I ask)?

Keeyth
07-11-2005, 07:54 PM
You know Keeyth,

I lived in California (L-A & S-F) for 8 years and NEVER heard such B.S. from anyone there!

I keep on explaining to "everyone" here, that not ALL Americans are created equal... L.O.L.

Where in beautiful California, are you from (may I ask)?

Cupertino... ...it's right between Sunnyvale and Santa Clara, about 40 minutes south of SF.

Keeyth
07-11-2005, 08:01 PM
My parents actually came over here from England via Montreal back in the 60's. They say it's beautiful there too.

blonddgirl777
07-11-2005, 09:14 PM
Yes, beautiful but the weather sucks compared to where you are...

I know exactly where you live (I mean, the city).
I miss S-F so much!
You are very lucky to be there...