PDA

View Full Version : Saw Audioslave last night. Also: How to make an impression on the ladiesss...

Golden AWe
06-30-2005, 03:48 PM
GRATE!!!

Copy/pasteing this report I also posted at the DDLR to reach all...ha ha.

I went to see the band with two of my friends. We got in soon...didn't like the opening band, so I went to have 1,5 beers. We were standing in the beer area with my friend when all of a sudden this blonde grrrl, a rock/pop singer, a celebrity in Funland, pops in right next to us!

http://www.mediamusiikki.fi/nylonbeat/kuvat/demo-i8.jpg

She came there with some slim, foreign guy, maybe his boyfriend, don't know or care...anyway, she puts a cigarette on her lips and starts to look for her lighter...now before her boy-mate manages to move a muscle I'll offer her a light without saying a word...

She curtseyed (is that a real word?) a several times, thanked me and gave me a big, big smile...I don't even smoke much but gentlemen always have to have a light to offer to the ladies...ha ha.

Audioslave. It was a 95% full hockey arena and the crowd was noisy.

The good sides and the bad sides. Cornell's voice was in great shape. She sounded bad during some of the shows of the first Audioslave tour, but now she was GRATE. The sad thing in a way is, that his voice sounded the best in those few acoustic songs...when he's really singing, instead of this ball-bursting scream he's got in his songs for most of the time...not much wrong with that, though.

Couple of fillers on the setlist. The first cd included some amazing songs like "Cochise", "Set it off" and "Shadow on the sun"...but it also had some weaker, repetitive filler songs...and now, them having RATM and Soundgarden on the setlist too, it is easy to hear the weakness of some songs...

"Shadow on the sun". A Great song, but for some reason the band managed to fuck up the chorus, slowing down every on every chorus. Not the biggest crime in the world but...

Anyway, I shouldn't think too much. I had a fucking good time!!! Songs like "Set it off", "The Worm" and "Drown me slowly" were the most positive surprises, the sounded much better when played live. "The Worm" - Morello's guitar tone was MASSIVE. It fuckin' filled the arena!!! The RATM songs we're grate...I never got to hear them live back then...Cornell dealed with the superbly, it fitted perfectly. "Killing in the name of", "Cochise", "Spoonman", "Doesn't remind me" and especially the personal fav of mine, "Outshined"...I was fucking thrilled!!!

The encore started with the acoustic version of "Black hole sun"...I know, it was overplayed and still is, being a big hit, but you can hear the strength of the song when played acoustic...it still sounds so dark...like it's the end of the world for real.

The setlist last night in Helsinki...

Show me how to live
Your time has come
Spoonman
The Worm
Like a Stone
Doesn't remind me
Out of exile
Be yourself
Bulls on parade (instrumental)
Sleep now in the fire
Gasoline
Drown me slowly
Light my way
Shadow on the sun
Outshined

Black hole sun (Acoustic)
Call me a dog (Acoustic)
I am the highway (Started acoustic, but the rest of the band joined Cornell to finish the song)
Set it off
Killing in the name of
Cochise

After the gig we walked to the centre of Helsinki...had some quick beers and shots at a bar called PRAHA (PRAGUE in Finnish) before taking the bus back to my town...I'm glad I had a day off today, my friend who lives in Tampere, had to wake up at six...he's an assistant manager at a construction site...a former classmate of mine.

The second album, "Out of Exile". It is not one of the best rock albums ever, like Cornell mentioned...but it's much better overall than the first one...and in my opinion you can sense that we're going into a right direction...we're getting there!

Long live the Audioslave!!!

Golden AWe
06-30-2005, 03:58 PM
http://www.hifilehti.fi/PublicFiles/0125.jpg

Golden AWe
06-30-2005, 04:50 PM
oy oy oy oy oy