PDA

View Full Version : ZOGBY POLL: 42% of Americans are ready for CHIMPEACHMENT!!

FORD
06-30-2005, 06:46 PM
Released: June 30, 2005

No Bounce: Bush Job Approval Unchanged by War Speech; Question on Impeachment Shows Polarization of Nation; Americans Tired of Divisiveness in Congress—Want Bi-Partisan Solutions—New Zogby Poll

President Bush’s televised address to the nation produced no noticeable bounce in his approval numbers, with his job approval rating slipping a point from a week ago, to 43%, in the latest Zogby International poll. And, in a sign of continuing polarization, more than two-in-five voters (42%) say they would favor impeachment proceedings if it is found the President misled the nation about his reasons for going to war with Iraq.

The Zogby America survey of 905 likely voters, conducted from June 27 through 29, 2005, has a margin of error of +/-3.3 percentage points.

Just one week ago, President Bush’s job approval stood at a previous low of 44%—but it has now slipped another point to 43%, despite a speech to the nation intended to build support for the Administration and the ongoing Iraq War effort. The Zogby America survey includes calls made both before and after the President’s address, and the results show no discernible “bump” in his job approval, with voter approval of his job performance at 45% in the final day of polling.

Where voters live has some impact on their perceptions. The President’s job rating remains relatively strong in the South, with 51% rating his performance favorably; in all other regions, those disapproving his performance are in the majority.

In a more significant sign of the weakness of the President’s numbers, more “Red State” voters—that is, voters living in the states that cast their ballots for the Bush-Cheney ticket in 2004—now rate his job performance unfavorably, with 50% holding a negative impression of the President’s handling of his duties, and 48% holding a favorable view. The President also gets negative marks from one-in-four (25%) Republicans—as well as 86% of Democrats and 58% of independents. (Bush nets favorable marks from 75% of Republicans, 13% of Democrats and 40% of independents.)

Impeachment Question Shows Bitterness of Divide

In a sign of the continuing partisan division of the nation, more than two-in-five (42%) voters say that, if it is found that President Bush did not tell the truth about his reasons for going to war with Iraq, Congress should hold him accountable through impeachment. While half (50%) of respondents do not hold this view, supporters of impeachment outweigh opponents in some parts of the country.

Among those living in the Western states, a 52% majority favors Congress using the impeachment mechanism while just 41% are opposed; in Eastern states, 49% are in favor and 45% opposed. In the South, meanwhile, impeachment is opposed by three-in-five voters (60%) and supported by just one-in-three (34%); in the Central/Great Lakes region, 52% are opposed and 38% in favor.

Impeachment is overwhelmingly rejected in the Red States—just 36% say they agree Congress should use it if the President is found to have lied on Iraq, while 55% reject this view; in the “Blue States” that voted for Massachusetts Democrat John Kerry in 2004, meanwhile, a plurality of 48% favors such proceedings while 45% are opposed.

A large majority of Democrats (59%) say they agree that the President should be impeached if he lied about Iraq, while just three-in-ten (30%) disagree. Among President Bush’s fellow Republicans, a full one-in-four (25%) indicate they would favor impeaching the President under these circumstances, while seven-in-ten (70%) do not. Independents are more closely divided, with 43% favoring impeachment and 49% opposed.

Americans Tiring of Partisan Division on Capital Hill

The same survey finds that a 55% majority of voters believe the two parties are too focused on their respective bases, and as a result, compromise—and results—have become impossible in Washington. Just 36% in the poll rejected that notion, saying the parties’ organization provides as broad a base as possible, and that compromise is occurring.

A follow-up question found that seven-in-ten (70%) voters believe the parties should be broad-based, and should pursue compromise—while less than one-in-four (23%) favored putting base issues first, even if it means nothing is accomplished.

These views are held by members of both major political parties, as well as independents, although Republicans, whose party controls both houses of Congress, are more likely to favor the parties focusing on the desires of their base than are Democrats and independents, with 31% of Republicans favoring this approach—more than the 20% of Democrats and 17% of independents who hold that view.

Pollster John Zogby: “The nation continues to be split down the middle but there appears to be a deep and growing concern about how polarized we are. The President tried to address the situation on the ground in Iraq and hoped to allay the fears of the nation. It looks like that did not happen. Meanwhile, opposition to the war reveals that Americans are just as hostile and intense as they were the day after the 2004 election. The message seems to be pretty clear for Mr. Bush: lay off the partisan rhetoric and work to find compromise solutions.”

Zogby International conducted interviews of 905 likely voters chosen at random nationwide. All calls were made from Zogby International headquarters in Utica, N.Y., from June 27 to 29, 2005. The margin of error is +/- 3.3 percentage points. Slight weights were added to region, party, age, race, religion, and gender to more accurately reflect the voting population. Margins of error are higher in sub-groups.

(6/30/2005)

link (http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1007)

Guitar Shark
06-30-2005, 06:56 PM
ok -- "CHIMPEACHMENT" was funny. :D

Keeyth
06-30-2005, 06:57 PM
Impeachment! We can only hope to be so lucky!

Nickdfresh
06-30-2005, 07:05 PM
Some Republican Neo Cons may be ready for "chimpeachment" as well unfortunately...
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=488508
"Arrrh bitch...The insurgency is in it's last throws...GRRRRR...The United States of Halliburtan....FUCK YOU COCKSUCKER...daughter a dike, ack, fuck...."

Phil theStalker
06-30-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Some Republican Neo Cons may be ready for "chimpeachment" as well unfortunately...

"Arrrh bitch...The insurgency is in it's last throws...GRRRRR...The United States of Halliburtan....FUCK YOU COCKSUCKER...daughter a dike, ack, fuck...."
Why is justice "unfortunately," Nick.

don't understand dat o1ne

:spank:
ps CHIMPEACHMENT is big fat fakked up funny, FORD hahaahaa

academic punk
06-30-2005, 07:13 PM
In fairness, back in November Zogby called the elections for Kerry.

So what the fuck does he know.

Guitar Shark
06-30-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
So what the fuck does he know.

I'll tell you one thing he knows... and that is that JESTERSTAR ________________!!!!

academic punk
06-30-2005, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
I'll tell you one thing he knows... and that is that JESTERSTAR ________________!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!!!

shit, how'd I miss that one....

Phil theStalker
06-30-2005, 07:21 PM
The people want impeachment (42%), but the representatives who can do it won't.

Did you hear democrat Biden talk after Bush's speech. He was CUNTPLETELY on Bush's speech's side.

They're not going t2o do anything it takes to take back the country f4or THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

The government belongs to the banks and the corporations.

NOT the American people and their collective will.

There's probably going to be three countries here for the survivors of "WWIII in the Middle East" and the American civil war here. Maybe more.

The sparsely populated west, the red states, will probably be over run by Mexicans trying t2o beat the heat.

Nickdfresh
06-30-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Phil theStalker
Why is justice "unfortunately," Nick.

don't understand dat o1ne

ps CHIMPEACHMENT is big fat fakked up funny, FORD hahaahaa

It won't change anything PHIL. The point is that you have an even bigger delusional, corrupt asshole waiting in the wings in CHENEY. He's a fucking reptile. At least BUSH is semi-human.

Phil theStalker
06-30-2005, 07:51 PM
It won't change anything PHIL. The point is that you have an even bigger delusional, corrupt asshole waiting in the wings in CHENEY. He's a fucking reptile. At least BUSH is semi-human.
Cheney can only git in aff Bush dies in office.

And Cheney has dat bad, bad heart condition -- he won't even run because of it.

true dat

thome
06-30-2005, 07:53 PM
I f per chance you were elected to the highest office in the land
who would you choose to be your next in line Rosio Fats, Offrah
maybe Whitney Houston .Or a Big Balled Bastard Who took no
crap .I choose the Ohffera she is Satan in carnate she would have
nuked them by now.who do you think could do better after 911

Nickdfresh
06-30-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by thome

They were doing okay until they started talking about bombing IRAQ in retaliation. Fucking crooks.

LoungeMachine
06-30-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by thome

Parents hooked up at a family reunion, huh?

A little chlorine in your gene pool would do wonders:cool:

BigBadBrian
06-30-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Parents hooked up at a family reunion, huh?

A little chlorine in your gene pool would do wonders:cool:

Uhu uhu uhuhuh uhu huh that was mildly amusing. :D

superdave
06-30-2005, 09:36 PM
What percentage of Americans realize that....

JesterStar.....HE'S HUNGRY FOR THE COCK!!!!!!

Unchainme
06-30-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by superdave
What percentage of Americans realize that....

JesterStar.....HE'S HUNGRY FOR THE COCK!!!!!!

98%

LoungeMachine
06-30-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Uhu uhu uhuhuh uhu huh that was mildly amusing. :D

I don't have my "A" game today:(

Gimme a break:cool:

Phil theStalker
06-30-2005, 09:52 PM
They were doing okay until they started talking about bombing IRAQ in retaliation. Fucking crooks.
You're RIGHT again, Nick.

The mightiest miliarty force the world has EVER seen had the 9/11'ers TRAPPED IN TORA BORA.

Then they started all of this Irag-Saddam LIES.

And THEN this regime in the White House, these CIVILIANS (Rumsfeld NEVER served in the military), FLEW OUT THOUSAND OF THEM - THE "ENEMY" - ON U.S. HELICOPTERS TO PAKISTAN.

And the Pakistani in Washington D.C. meeting with the highest U.S. officials "wired to WTC hijacker Mohammed Atta...by Ahmad Umar Sheikh at the instanc of Gen. Mahumd."
Source f4or Nick: http://www1.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cms.dll/articleshow?catkey=2128936835&art_id=1454238160&sType=1

The U.S. didn't invade Pakistan.

17 of the 19 alleged hijackers were from Saudi Arabia.

The U.S. didn't invade Saudi Arabia.

You KNOW what that says about this regime in the White House, don't you. i.e., Bush, Rumsfeld, old Ashcroft, Wolfowitz, Perle, Tommy Franks, Rice (the flunkie - check her past work record before being "picked" by the White House for a job), etc., etc..

It says, "the war on terror is an INSIDE-JOB."

And do you know what that says about the American people?

It means they can be fooled to the Nth degree.

It's a sad rude awakening for the rest of us who know what's going down, who know the truth, who can connect the dots.

We live in a country of Hip-Hop'ers, footballers, beer pounders, and soccer mommies and daddies who are too involved with their lives to figure out what is going on.

And for that this greatest of nations will end up on the trash heap of history just like the great Soviet empire leaving COMMUNIST, POLICE STATE CHINA as the UN's model nation for "their" 21st century.

Say bye-bye to 230 years of the greatest, independent, free nation the history of the human race has ever seen.

And the world will NEVER see a free independent sovereign nation state AGAIN, like the good ol' U.S.A..

Get water, get food, get ready.

DLR'sCock
06-30-2005, 11:01 PM
You know Phil, sometimes, I wonder.....

Warham
06-30-2005, 11:05 PM
I wonder about Phil's sanity sometimes.

Phil theStalker
06-30-2005, 11:13 PM
I wonder when the next time I'm going t2o get a piece.

Where are the WHITE WOMEN?

Oh, I'm white.

Never mind.

Phil theStalker
06-30-2005, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Phil theStalker
[B]And the Pakistani in Washington D.C. meeting with the highest U.S. officials "wired to WTC hijacker Mohammed Atta...by Ahmad Umar Sheikh at the instanc of Gen. Mahumd."
Source f4or Nick: http://www1.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cms.dll/articleshow?catkey=2128936835&art_id=1454238160&sType=1
He wired $100,000 to Atta while he's meeting with our officials.

I somehow left dat out typing wit BIG capital LeTTers and underlineings.

Steve Savicki
07-01-2005, 12:36 PM
If so, will this make Bush the first monkey... I mean president to be impeached?

Redballjets88
07-01-2005, 12:45 PM
clinton was impeached but it didnt do anything and so was andrew johnson

Phil theStalker
07-01-2005, 01:31 PM
A full impeachment can remove them from office. They only were able t2o go half way wit Clinton.

Um, there isn't enough will t2o launch a realistic impeachment, the economy is t2oo bad, there is an active war with men and women dying that he started, there are many reasons this won't happen, although it should and it could.

That leaves you guys with only the Second Amendment t2o right your country.

Good luck.

Kristy
07-01-2005, 01:31 PM
Never going to happen.

Besides, the only people who are going to impeach him are his own party and he's pretty much bought every one of them off.

Phil theStalker
07-01-2005, 01:35 PM
Kristy should post mmore.

knuckleboner
07-01-2005, 01:46 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Phil theStalker
[b]A full impeachment can remove them from office. They only were able t2o go half way wit Clinton.
[b][quote]

actually, to be technical, a full impeachment is just the trial. clinton (and andrew johnson) were both fully impeached.

both, however, were not convicted.

Phil theStalker
07-01-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
[quote]Originally posted by Phil theStalker
[b]A full impeachment can remove them from office. They only were able t2o go half way wit Clinton.
[b][quote]

actually, to be technical, a full impeachment is just the trial. clinton (and andrew johnson) were both fully impeached.

both, however, were not convicted.
You're arguing semantics on a message board?

Okay, TRIAL and remove from office.

sheesh

Thanks f4or the info

Phil theStalker
07-01-2005, 02:22 PM
Nobody, even Democrats who HATE Bush and Cheney and company, will participate in any impeachment procedures while troops are dying in a war.

Like I say, you guys, the PEOPLE, have the Second Amendment, so good luck.

DrMaddVibe
07-01-2005, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the laugh!

Phil theStalker
07-01-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Thanks for the laugh!
Tit's not a laff, I got mine. hehe:D

ODShowtime
07-01-2005, 03:26 PM
I was on another board and someone's sig read "someone please give bush a blowjob so we can impeach him!"

Pretty funny. It would probably work. I know Warham's opinion would be instantly affected.

bueno bob
07-01-2005, 03:35 PM
Well...I'm no big Bush fan, but as to whether or not to impeach him, I don't know...I don't like him, don't approve of what he's done since he's been in office, and in fact have been really pissed at him, but...I'm just holding my breath until his time's up, one way or another I guess.

Warham
07-01-2005, 04:20 PM
You're waiting for the next Republican President in '08? ;)

superdave
07-01-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Warham
I wonder about Phil's sanity sometimes.

Sometimes?? All the Time!!!

Phil theStalker
07-01-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by superdave
Sometimes?? All the Time!!!
I wuz waiting f4or o1ne aff yoo t2o say dat:D

Cathedral
07-02-2005, 07:18 AM
Dream On!
Bush is in absolutely no danger of being impeached during his term.
That is, not unless some serious charges are placed on the table with undeniable proof of all the allegations being made of him being true.

And that's the whole trick right there.
I have read countless articles that claim he has done this and done that, but where is the proof to nail his ass to the wall?

I certainly don't see it materializing and this idea that he is guilty until proven innocent, well, "That's Un-American".

Prove the man is a crook and take him down or shut the hell up about it.
Blowjobs? The things i've read are far more damning than any blow job, so what's the problem prosecutiing the man?

Where's the evidence, folks?
C'mon, out with it, take him down.
If you can prove all your conspiracies then i want him to get what he deserves.

But this is exactly where all this shit stalls, isn't it?

Well written articles by biased sources are not evidence, but it sure does a good job at spreading the shit out to all corners, don't it?

I don't like the man, but i can't understand why it's so hard to bring charges against him if you all are right on with your allegations.

It just doesn't make any sense to me how he can do all this stuff and get away with it.
Explain to me why it was so easy to put Clinton on the hot seat and impeach him for a blow job, yet all the serious crimes Bush is accused of cannot be prosecuted?

I don't get it................

ODShowtime
07-02-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
It just doesn't make any sense to me how he can do all this stuff and get away with it.
Explain to me why it was so easy to put Clinton on the hot seat and impeach him for a blow job, yet all the serious crimes Bush is accused of cannot be prosecuted?

I don't get it................

FEAR

Cathedral
07-02-2005, 03:41 PM
Fear?
Fear hasn't stopped the Democrats from banding together and throwing words like impeachment around.
That doesn't make any sense either.

Maybe it's as simple as there being no evidence to proceed formally?

Maybe the same Kool-Aid the Lib's accuse the Repub's of drinking is in their own glass, just a different flavor?

Fear of death is futile, death is inevitable for everyone and the only question one can ask themselves is, "Do i die fighting, wearing my boots, or do i die bootless cowering in a corner hoping the bad guys won't find me?"

If the man and his Administration is corrupt, he and it should be brought down without hesitation.
Accusations without proof is like sending a soldier to battle with a gun, but no ammo.

Ahhhh, who am i kidding?
One side is no better than the other in my opinion, they both only seek ultimate power for themselves with no more intentions than throwing crumbs to those who elected them.

This country was founded on better principles than that and i have yet to see any elected official on either side truly work for the people because it is simply the right thing to do.

But the problem isn't the politicians as much as it is a sub-par standard by the voters when selecting those who govern them.
We have a trash society because we haven't demanded better more efficient leaders to lead us.

So you see, the blame clearly isn't on either party, but rather that responsibility falls to the voters who decade after decade refuse to stand up and call "Bullshit", when a politician gets busted in a lie.
There are more people that seek having their party in power so much that they overlook the key signs that tells them to their face, This man is corrupt.

MonicaGate for example:
Everyone knew Clinton was lying when he shook his finger at the people and lied about his involvement with Ms. Lewinski.
He had to have known that people knew his actions with her were indeed inappropriate and the proof was there for all to see.
It isn't the fact that he got BJ's from her, it is the fact that he lied about it and shook his finger at the people as though he were a father saying, "Do as i say and not as i do", and basically scolded everyone watching him.
Should he have been impeached for it?
Not for the BJ's, but for telling a bold faced lie to save his own ass after he got busted and using word play to wiggle out of it, yes, he should have been impeached and he was although it was ineffective in the end.

I'm not bringing up Clinton to attack him for the sake of rehashing old news. I used him as an example to show just how the voter turns away from the dishonesty that is so deeply seeded in our political process.

Anyone who commits a crime should pay the penalty that goes with that crime, and i don't give a fuck if it is someone from my own party or not.
Having the left go at the right, and vice versa, does nothing but take the focus off of what is really going on behind the scenes.
The voter is used, abused, and at the point of total confusion, refused. and left so twisted by spin that on election day they have a simpletons mentallity that makes them vote blindly for their own party with no regard to exactly what type of person they are voting for.

Everyone, including myself, that posts to this forum and is a registered voter is the real reason we have such corruption in our government.
Let's face it, I can't remember an election where we had any kind of decent choice to choose from.
I believe the phrase used most often is "Lesser of two Evil's"...But i got a news flash for you, Evil is still evil and disaster is the special of every day in that scenario.

Sure, the BCE created Osama and Hussein, but the question i pose to all who read this post, Who created the US government?

It was us, the voters.............

Good Government begins in local elections, folks.
We have the opportunity to weed out the crooks by advancing good people to prominant positions long before they can set their sights on the Oval Office.
That means that those of you who only vote in Presidential Elections and don't bother to vote for your own communities issues are selling out your country.
And those that do take part in all elections in their localities, don't just vote straight party.
There is much more to the people running than if they are a Repub or Dem, learn their positions and do what is right for the people or be prepared to settle for what we have today.

It can change, there is still time, but it's the voters who have to act responsibly.