PDA

View Full Version : Novak: " I will reveal all"

LoungeMachine
06-30-2005, 10:07 PM
Novak: 'I will reveal all'

Thursday, June 30, 2005; Posted: 4:21 p.m. EDT (20:21 GMT)

(CNN) -- Time Inc. announced Thursday it will turn over the subpoenaed records from journalist Matt Cooper regarding the leak of a CIA operative's name, following a decision by the U.S. Supreme Court not to hear an appeal in the case.

Cooper, Time's White House correspondent, and New York Times reporter Judith Miller are facing up to four months in jail for refusing to reveal their confidential sources in the matter to a grand jury.

Chicago Sun-Times columnist and CNN political analyst Bob Novak was the first to reveal the CIA employee's identity and CNN's Ed Henry spoke with Novak Wednesday about the ruling.

ED HENRY: Bob, first, what's your reaction to the Supreme Court saying they would not hear this case?

BOB NOVAK: Well, I deplore the thought of reporters -- I've been a reporter all my life -- going to jail for any period of time for not revealing sources, and there needs to be a federal shield law preventing that as there are shield laws in 49 out of 50 states. But, Ed, I -- my lawyer said I cannot answer any specific questions about this case until it is resolved, which I hope is very soon.

HENRY: In general, though, you believe in the principle of keeping the identity secret of confidential sources. Have you ever revealed the identity of one of your confidential sources?

NOVAK: Well, people know -- who have read my column know there have been special case[s] where I have. But the question of being coerced to by the government and being put in prison is, I think, something that should be protected by act of Congress.

HENRY: In general, have you cooperated with investigators in this case?

NOVAK: I can't answer any questions about this case at all.

HENRY: OK. Now, just in general about the principle at stake here -- William Safire, fellow conservative, wrote an op-ed in The New York Times saying that at the very least, he believes that you owe your readers, and in this case, your viewers, some explanation. He said, "Mr. Novak should finally write the column he owes readers and colleagues perhaps explaining how his two sources, who may have truthfully revealed themselves to investigators, managed to get the prosecutor off his back." I think that's the question. Why sit that there are two reporters out there who may go to jail, Bob, but it doesn't appear that you are going to go to jail?

NOVAK: Well, that's what I can't reveal until this case is finished. I hope it is finished soon. And when it does, I agree with Mr. Safire, I will reveal all in a column and on the air.

HENRY: Do you understand why in general there's frustration among fellow journalist[s] after 41 years of distinguished work, where you've always pushed and been a fierce advocate of the public's right to know, you're not letting the public know about such a critical case, and two people may go to jail.

NOVAK: Well, they are not going to jail because of me. Whether I answer your questions or not, it has nothing to do with that. That's very ridiculous to think that I am the cause of their going to jail. I don't think they should be going to jail.

HENRY: Yes. But I didn't say you were the cause. But there are some people...

NOVAK: Yes, you do did.

HENRY: No, but some people feel if you would come forward with the information that you have, that maybe they would not go to jail.

NOVAK: But you don't know -- Ed, you don't know anything about the case. And those people who say that don't know anything about the case. And unfortunately, as somebody who likes to write, I'd like to say a lot about the case, but because of my attorney's advice I can't. But I will. And there might be some surprising things.

HENRY: We'll all be waiting to hear that story finally told, Bob.

LoungeMachine
06-30-2005, 10:11 PM
Place your Bets

Scooter Libby?

KKKarl Rove?

Who's W's "deep throat"

LoungeMachine
06-30-2005, 10:12 PM
And I have feeling JimmyJeff GannonGuckert's name[s] are going to pop up in Novak's "details"

Grab the popcorn

academic punk
06-30-2005, 10:35 PM
I think this is a load of shit.

Because Novak is a piece of shit who's got his wn ulterior motives.

Probably tried to milk his source for some cash, and they couldn't come to terms, and now he's thinking about how lucrative a book deal could be.

Piece of shit.

Phil theStalker
06-30-2005, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Place your Bets

Scooter Libby?

KKKarl Rove?

Who's W's "deep throat"
His dog.

It can talk.

And it's telling Bush to KILL, KILL, KILL.

It talks t2o Bush just like the Son of Sam's neighbor's dog talked t2o him and told him the same thing.

Damn dogs.

true dat

:spank:

academic punk
06-30-2005, 10:41 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/01/politics/01leak.html?hp&ex=1120190400&en=2d19d998f944a0b5&ei=5094&partner=homepage

LoungeMachine
06-30-2005, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
I think this is a load of shit.

Because Novak is a piece of shit who's got his wn ulterior motives.

Probably tried to milk his source for some cash, and they couldn't come to terms, and now he's thinking about how lucrative a book deal could be.

Piece of shit.

Joe Wilson deserves his revenge.

He once said he looked forward to seeing KKKarl being "frog-marched" in cuffs out of the west wing.

Novak's always been a tool. I hope he's blackballed for this.:cool:

LoungeMachine
06-30-2005, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by academic punk
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/01/politics/01leak.html?hp&ex=1120190400&en=2d19d998f944a0b5&ei=5094&partner=homepage

From a/p's link:

....Since Mr. Novak appears not to be facing jail time, he presumably supplied information to Mr. Fitzgerald. It is not clear why that did not conclude the investigation. Mr. Fitzgerald and Mr. Novak have consistently declined to discuss the matter. .......

:mad:

Phil theStalker
06-30-2005, 10:49 PM
Wot, noboody liked mmy talking dog joke?

SON-AFF-SAM in da White House.

Tit's no joke either.

I wonder aff da White House dog ever read War and Peace.

Someboody should ask dat dog.

He probably talks better than GW.

And...he has ESP.

Yeh, Bush just hears the dog talking t2o him IN HIS HEAD and he thinks it's HIS voice.

He should now it's not his voice in his head, because the dog doesn't studder.

Big Train
07-01-2005, 02:19 AM
I don't understand this and I admit to not following this as closely as I should. This guy Novak or one of these reporters actually NAMED a CIA undercover op? As in "Sally Jenkins, CIA op said this weekend in Panama..? Is that what happened?

If so, fry them. Jail them, no doubt. I have no problem if they want to play coy about where they got an accusation from or insider speculation. No problem. But once your in the realm of accessing confidential documents or naming names, fuck you. Your putting people at risk at that point to be a tough guy reporter.

Tell me if I am reading that incorrectly..

Phil theStalker
07-01-2005, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Big Train
I don't understand this and I admit to not following this as closely as I should. This guy Novak or one of these reporters actually NAMED a CIA undercover op? As in "Sally Jenkins, CIA op said this weekend in Panama..? Is that what happened?

If so, fry them. Jail them, no doubt. I have no problem if they want to play coy about where they got an accusation from or insider speculation. No problem. But once your in the realm of accessing confidential documents or naming names, fuck you. Your putting people at risk at that point to be a tough guy reporter.

Tell me if I am reading that incorrectly..
No, no, no, let me clear it up f4or you, Big Train.

The reporters didn't break any laws, but the people who gave the reporters the name of the woman broke the law.

And these reporters have "knowledge" of a person's name who broke the law by giving that name to the reporters.

So the reporters are going to jail, [U]because they havev "knowledge" of someo1ne who broke the law, and the courts decision is that these reporters can't shield a criminal and or criminal activites.

But wot aboot when a reporter is doing a story aboot crack dealers, the mafia, etc.. Those reporters have knowledge of people breaking the law, but the courts have never force a reporter to bear witness to a grand jury about big time, even Mafia, drug dealing and other crimes.

So it's a hypocritical court system.

O1ne of those reporters said t2oday that he will give the name of the White House "criminal" informant. That's going t2o open up a can-o-worms when that person's name comes out.

I hope it was Rice.

Then she can get canned and go to prison.

Bitch.

Big Train
07-01-2005, 10:04 AM
So who said the name? Did anyone say the name of the CIA person on air?

Phil theStalker
07-01-2005, 10:11 AM
No, they just published tit in their newspaper.

And then EVERYBOODY else said da name on da radio and TV.

Butt there's MORE.

There wuz a MOTIVE.

The woman who's name was leaked by da White HOuse was talking against da administration so THEY leaked her name t2o da press T2O HARM HER.

They're TRUE evil bastards in da White House t2oday.

Big Train
07-01-2005, 10:21 AM
ummm....print, TV or otherwise, ANYONE who makes the name public out to be doing jail time, regardless of how you feel about the administration.

Jesterstar
07-01-2005, 10:21 AM
Place your Bets

Scooter Libby?

KKKarl Rove?

Who's W's "deep throat"

Karl rove is the man behind the agenda. God your dense.

Phil theStalker
07-01-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Jesterstar
And da people who eva had dinner wit dis woman spy are DEAD.

dat's why da White House leaked her name.

t2o git people who TALK like her t2o git KILLED or her cuntacts git KILLED..

da White House wanTITed t2o send a MESSAGE t2o peeps like her

dis is a DIRTY evil White House

butt yoo alreedy know dat

LoungeMachine
07-01-2005, 10:28 AM

He is also suspected of being the leak, mensa.

Stay away, the grown ups are talking.

Don't you have 5 more guys to karate, and 20K of cheddar to spend:rolleyes:

cockmuncher

FORD
07-01-2005, 11:41 AM

Novakula did. And the CIA agent was Valerie Plame, wife of Joe Wilson. The whole thing was BCE retaliation against Wilson for exposing the Nigerian "yellowcake" scam, which was part of the BCE's bullshit "evidence" of Iraq's (non existent) WMD program.

I can't believe you haven't heard of this story :eek:

Guitar Shark
07-01-2005, 11:45 AM
Novak is one UGLY mofo.

FORD
07-01-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Novak is one UGLY mofo.

Yep. I think he and Richard "PNAC" Perle are brothers.

http://www.evote.com/evotepix/otherpeople/mediapress/novak1.jpg http://www.pbs.org/wnet/wideangle/shows/saddam/images/transcript_pic2.jpg

In any case, they are both criminal treasonous pieces of shit.

Jesterstar
07-01-2005, 12:13 PM
He is also suspected of being the leak, mensa.

Stay away, the grown ups are talking.

Don't you have 5 more guys to karate, and 20K of cheddar to spend:rolleyes:

cockmuncher

Then he must have pissed off someone in the order to get sold out. End of story. I know what's really going on, because my lover "Bulldog" tells me everything. You don't even have a clue how HUNGRY I AM FOR HIS COCK!!

Nickdfresh
07-01-2005, 01:15 PM
:D:p

LoungeMachine
07-02-2005, 08:23 AM
Saturday 2nd July 2005 (12h39) :

MSNBC Analyst Says Cooper Documents Reveal Karl Rove as Source in Plame Case
Published: July 01, 2005 11:30 PM ET

NEW YORK Now that Time Inc. has turned over documents to federal court, presumably revealing who its reporter, Matt Cooper, identified as his source in the Valerie Plame/CIA case, speculation runs rampant on the name of that source, and what might happen to him or her. Tonight, on the syndicated McLaughlin Group political talk show, Lawrence O’Donnell, senior MSNBC political analyst, claimed to know that name--and it is, according to him, top White House mastermind Karl Rove.

Here is the transcript of O’Donnell’s remarks:

"What we’re going to go to now in the next stage, when Matt Cooper’s e-mails, within Time Magazine, are handed over to the grand jury, the ultimate revelation, probably within the week of who his source is.

"And I know I’m going to get pulled into the grand jury for saying this but the source of...for Matt Cooper was Karl Rove, and that will be revealed in this document dump that Time magazine’s going to do with the grand jury."

Other panelists then joined in discussing whether, if true, this would suggest a perjury rap for Rove, if he told the grand jury he did not leak to Cooper.

http://www.mediainfo.com/eandp/news...

Nickdfresh
07-02-2005, 08:41 AM
KARL ROVE? Wow! Fucker! Off with his pumpkin head!

LoungeMachine
07-02-2005, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
KARL ROVE? Wow! Fucker! Off with his pumpkin head!

Perjury

Lying to a Grand Jury

Obstruction of Justice

KKKarl is about to feel some KKKarma :D

And he won't be able to step down for "family reasons" ala, Hughes, Ashcroft, Tenet, or Ridge either.......he has no family.

I hope he goes down like a drunken prom date.:cool:

LoungeMachine
07-02-2005, 08:50 AM

:D

FORD
07-02-2005, 02:41 PM
Even though Poppy Bush himself made it a felony to "out" an undercover agent, there's no way KKKarl will see a prison cell. He will be "forced" to officially step down as "White House Advisor" and be the Chimp's brain from long distance. But he will still be very much in charge. :mad:

LoungeMachine
07-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Even though Poppy Bush himself made it a felony to "out" an undercover agent, there's no way KKKarl will see a prison cell. He will be "forced" to officially step down as "White House Advisor" and be the Chimp's brain from long distance. But he will still be very much in charge. :mad:

At this point, I'd gladly settle for KKKarl having to step down and rule from Texastan

:cool:

Phil theStalker
07-02-2005, 03:28 PM
At this point, I'd gladly settle for KKKarl having to step down and rule from Texastan

:cool:
Or Mena, Arkansastan.