PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday USA!

rustoffa
06-30-2005, 11:33 PM
I sincerely hope this doesn't turn into some neo-fanatical fight thread. It's not about that. It's about the family get-togethers, bbq's, drunk-fests, or in my case:

FIREWORKS.

Thats right, light fuse and get away. I drive to Alabama every year and buy a bunch of stuff @ Phantom Fireworks. They're a nationwide outfit and there's a buy-one/get-one free deal there every year about this time. Like, you buy a 50 dollar aerial display and get another free. My personal fave product there is the "Pyrotechnic Motherlode", but I opted for the re-loadable mortars this year.

www.fireworks.com

Everything here is doubled, and in my possesion. I'm gonna light up the sky.
:cool:

fryingdutchman
07-01-2005, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
I sincerely hope this doesn't turn into some neo-fanatical fight thread. It's not about that. It's about the family get-togethers, bbq's, drunk-fests, or in my case:

FIREWORKS.

Fuck yeah! I'm comin' to your house! :D

I'll be doin' the barbecue thang....hangin' with the family...

Ridin' a big red truck in a parade!

DeadOrAlive
07-01-2005, 05:16 AM
Haha fireworks are a BIG tradition over here with my family... bunch of pyros in my clan...

diamondsgirl
07-01-2005, 12:55 PM
What?

Well let me roll up onto the sidewalk and take a look, yes.
Whoa! She's beautiful! I'm talkin 'bout a Yankee Rose
And she looks wild wild wild wild!

Are you ready for the new sensation
Well here's a shot heard round the world
All you backroom boys salute when her flag unfolds
Well, guess who's back in circulation
Now I don't know what you might have heard
But what I need right now's the original good time girl

She's a vision form coast to coast (Coast to coast)
Sea to shining sea (Sea to shining sea)
Hey, sister you're the perfect host (Make a toast)
Show me your bright lights - And your - City lights - All right
I'm talkin' about the Yankee Rose
Bright lights - And your - City lights - All right!

I'm talkin' about it

When she walks watch the sparks go flyin'
Firecrackin' on the 4th of July
No sad songs tonight, somethings in the air
Yeah, the feeling gets you
A real state of independence, so pretty when her rockets fly
Still provin' any night that her flag's still there

She's a vision form coast to coast (Coast to coast)...
I'm in love with the Yankee Rose

Oh, she's beautiful, alright Mmm, nothin' like her in the whole world. Yeah!

She's right on time, I'm on the case - Pick up the phone, no time to waste
She got the beat, and there's a little bit comin' your way

Oh, raise 'em up there. Let's see who salutes, baby
Little bit, little bit, little bit higher
Heres the mast, swing 'em from here
I wanna get a little bit of apple pie, man

Bright lights... city lights...

DeadOrAlive
07-01-2005, 12:56 PM
Gonna have to pull that one out on my guitar DG :D

diamondsgirl
07-01-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by DeadOrAlive
Gonna have to pull that one out on my guitar DG :D

You do that! :)

HELLVIS
07-02-2005, 12:06 AM
Having 30 or 40 people over for grillin', beers, margaritas, music, and a great fireworks show ( no machine-gun finale this year though ).
Check out this pic I took at last year's 4th party.

rustoffa
07-02-2005, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by HELLVIS

Dude, that blows my hundred and fifty bucks shit offa the planet!
:D

POJO_Risin
07-02-2005, 12:21 AM
Seriously here...happy 4th...

POJO_Risin
07-02-2005, 12:24 AM
And to the Yankee Rose...

tjvhou812
07-02-2005, 12:28 AM
light up the sky

madraoul
07-02-2005, 12:31 AM

Be careful! We don't want to hear about any repeats of the Great White fiasco. Live it up folks and God bless us, one and all.

HELLVIS
07-02-2005, 12:42 AM
Dude, that blows my hundred and fifty bucks shit offa the planet!
:D

I don't spend a dime on fireworks, but I was set back a few bucks buying a house with that view. Here's another.

POJO_Risin
07-02-2005, 01:06 AM
Oh...and one more thing...

madraoul
07-02-2005, 01:07 AM
I don't spend a dime on fireworks, but I was set back a few bucks buying a house with that view. Here's another.

Doesn't that happen every day in "the deep South?"

HELLVIS
07-02-2005, 01:13 AM
Indeed!

rustoffa
07-02-2005, 01:39 AM

That's a helluva view!

I'm @ the bottom of a hill, and there's alot of trees and shit. It's probably a blessing in disguise when you start blowing stuff up.

Like last year, I always go around and let the neighbors know that I'm going to be shooting off fireworks before hand. A friend of mine played the Star Spangled Banner on an old Silvertone amp towards the end of the festivities....

Everything was well and good until folks started bitching about all the fireworks being gone. It just wore and tore, so I was like "ok, there's probably one more thing."

*DON'T DO THIS*

I grabbed a 55 gallon hefty trash bag and filled it with acetylene gas via my cutting torch....the properties of acetylene gas enable it to fill a trash bag kinda like helium would. The next step is ripping some shoestrings out of shoes and diesel-fueling 'em up. The comedic aspect of cuntinually re-lighting the shoestrings didn't exactly prepare the guests for the mother-of-all-buzzkills that was rapidly approaching.

Long story short, it was a really fucking loud explosion....people were saying shit like, "I hope you're satisfied." Car alarms....my own house alarm....all screaming.

That'll never happen agayn.

HELLVIS
07-02-2005, 02:14 AM
Last year, my younger brother had too much to drink, and when the fireworks were over, he decided to do his own finale by firing an automatic assault rifle in the air. This was NOT good. My wife ran him off. The comedy began at our next party, when my know-it-all dad ragged on my brother all day..."You know your gun wouldn't have jammed up if you hadn't used that cheap ammo.... You should have...If I were you I would...Hey did you see Rambo's gun jam on the 4th?..."

LoungeMachine
07-02-2005, 09:41 AM
Today = SEATTLE INTERNATIONAL BEER FESTIVAL at the Mural Amphitheater [ FORD should have his own booth]

Sunday = Kids have begged me to take them to Joan Osborne Concert in Redmond.

Monday = BBQ [ and yes, rikk's invited]

Have a safe weekend veryone. Enjoy.

moose
07-02-2005, 11:27 AM
At least our American brethren know how to hold a party. Look at the shit they do for their birthday. Unlike us Canucks, a couple of piddly ass fireworks at some fucked up amusement park, shit they can't even get their act together at Niagara Falls.
Happy B-Day to the good ole USA.

kentuckyklira
07-02-2005, 10:19 PM
Thanks G.W.

http://www.ctssar.org/images/flag_display_coffin.jpg

Ally_Kat
07-02-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by kentuckyklira
Thanks G.W.

http://www.ctssar.org/images/flag_display_coffin.jpg

FIREWORKS.

Cathedral
07-02-2005, 10:30 PM
Having 30 or 40 people over for grillin', beers, margaritas, music, and a great fireworks show ( no machine-gun finale this year though ).

That looks like a shot of Cincinnati, or Kentucky...But the skyline has changed so much i hardly recognize it anymore.
But the McDonald bridge in the shot is about all that says Cinci to me, lol.
Where was that pic taken?

For me, I have to work.
I have two trucks to paint by next weekend so i can collect my money.
A day off one job means a day at the other job for me.

But I'm all about capitalism in this strapped economic period.

But i will however be working on a severe drunk by nightfall and firing up the grill for a moonlight grillin'.
Got some steaks, taters, and some cheesy brats so i definately won't go hungry.

To all of you, have a safe and awesome 4th!

Ally_Kat
07-02-2005, 10:30 PM
Usually we go to my friend's place because she lives right next to the East River and the fireworks are in your face. But I don't think Dad's up to it, so we'll probably stay home. Might BBQ

rustoffa
07-02-2005, 10:41 PM
Anybody like home made ice cream?

Man, I sure as heck do and I got the rock salt to prove it. I forgot to mention that's also a regular deal....you gotta wait 'til people show up so they can enjoy cranking the bucket.

Throw in the strawberries and blueberries....mmm-mmm, red white and blue heaven!

HELLVIS
07-03-2005, 02:13 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cathedral
[B]That looks like a shot of Cincinnati, or Kentucky...But the skyline has changed so much i hardly recognize it anymore.
But the McDonald bridge in the shot is about all that says Cinci to me, lol.
Where was that pic taken?

You are correct sir! And you are ever so observant to notice the Daniel Carter Beard Bridge. I will drink a toast to you tonight.
The photos were taken from either one of my decks, my yard, or from one of my windows. I couldn't really say for sure. I take tons of pics from all over the place.

I will post some new ones later.

thome
07-03-2005, 02:37 PM
Rustoffa Bad news some friends of mine did that acetalene plastic
bag trick had 5 of them sittng together in the conner of the garage
didnt THINK wind slightly blowing them against each other could
create STATIC electricity between the bags BOOM blew the SH#t out
of them and the gar no one died but two came very close Ambulances
hosbitals Bad sceen
Everthing is allways lit dont lean over nuthin I know everyone knows
but it happens every year Be Safe Have a HAPPY 4th!!!!!!

blonddgirl777
07-03-2005, 09:24 PM
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY to all my fellow Americains!!!

I really wish I was there, with all my California friends to celebrate...

Regardless of all the BUSHitt that is going on, I still beleive the U-S is a great country to live in.

Nitro Express
07-03-2005, 09:37 PM
The biggest bennefit of living in the United States is our rights spelled out in the US Constitution and Bill of Rights. I've traveled all over the world and there are plenty of nice places to live but most of these places don't have as many rights spelled out in writing to hold the govt. to. I'm not so sure we as a people have done a good job of doing that because we have become increasingly passive. That latest ruling on real estate eviction by the US Supreme Court is clearly unconstitutional.

George W. Bush and his Patriot Act spits on our Constitutional rights as well. Bush has to be one of the most universally distrusted US presidents in some time. Fortunately our founding fathers knew giving the president too much power would lead to a dictatorship and the power of the president is limited. It will be nice to see that joker gone. Hopefully we will get someone better but sadly, there isn't much to pick from on the ballot these days.

guwapo_rocker
07-04-2005, 10:33 AM
Happy 4th of July!

FORD
07-04-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by thome
Rustoffa Bad news some friends of mine did that acetalene plastic
bag trick had 5 of them sittng together in the conner of the garage
didnt THINK wind slightly blowing them against each other could
create STATIC electricity between the bags BOOM blew the SH#t out
of them and the gar no one died but two came very close Ambulances
hosbitals Bad sceen

Even though nobody died, that should win a Darwin Award for the attempt alone.

canadiandlrgirl
07-04-2005, 03:59 PM
Happy Birthday USA :)

classicdude
07-04-2005, 04:49 PM
Well, this 4th is shaping up pretty damn lousy IMO. The weather here sucks big time....rainy, drizzly. Probably won't be any fireworks the way it's going. And I definitely don't feel like sitting on the deck getting soaked trying to keep the grill lit. :mad2: Ah, f*ck it....I'll just stay in tonight and get lit up.

HELLVIS
07-06-2005, 12:28 AM
Hope everyone had a great 4th. Mine may have been the best ever! Two of my cousins (who are career military) managed to make it. This was the first they have ever both been able to be at one of my parties, and having it happen on independence day made it even better. We also had nearly double the people we expected, but it was cool because most of them came with coolers full of beer. The alcohol flowed like a river, the food was good, the company was great, and the sights were spectacular! Oh, and late in the night there was a Wild Turkey toast to Cathedral.

check out this pillar of flame...

HELLVIS
07-06-2005, 12:28 AM
Hope everyone had a great 4th. Mine may have been the best ever! Two of my cousins (who are career military) managed to make it. This was the first they have ever both been able to be at one of my parties, and having it happen on independence day made it even better. We also had nearly double the people we expected, but it was cool because most of them came with coolers full of beer. The alcohol flowed like a river, the food was good, the company was great, and the sights were spectacular! Oh, and late in the night there was a Wild Turkey toast to Cathedral.

check out this pillar of flame...

HELLVIS
07-06-2005, 01:12 AM
Sorry 'bout the duplicate. Just went down. Fatal error.....
anyone have any other excuses for me to borrow?:D

HELLVIS
07-06-2005, 01:30 AM
Patriotic tech bombs anyone?