PDA

View Full Version : Motley Crue- The Dirt

PHOENIX
01-02-2004, 07:58 PM
Anybody read this book. I got it for Christmas. I read it in 2 days. Fucking awesome book. I cant wait for the movie to come out.

These guys were the first Metal band i got into. I recently dug out my Decade of Decadence CD and let that one rip much to the dismay of the wife and kids.:D

Panamark
01-02-2004, 08:18 PM
No, I havent read it, but will add it to the list ! I can imagine it would be a cool book.

twonabomber
01-02-2004, 08:21 PM
only thing that scares me about the movie is that it's an MTV Production. that's the kiss of death any more.

Panamark
01-09-2004, 01:49 AM
Phoenix, I picked up my copy today, already up to the bit where Mick Mars and Nicky Sixx meet. Very amusing so far !

One Voice
01-09-2004, 08:34 AM
It's a great book, i did read an interview w/ the guy
Sixx was with in London when he said he od'd
and was thrown in the dumpster.
I cant remember the band the guy was in.
Anyway he said that at least that part was
seriously exagerated.
Overall it was a great book, finished it in about two days.

Mr Walker
01-09-2004, 08:40 AM
I liked the story about Dave bogarting his coke in the house that Motley Crue were renting when they were first starting out.

One Voice
01-09-2004, 08:41 AM
And the door falling on his head.
Classic

PHOENIX
01-09-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Phoenix, I picked up my copy today, already up to the bit where Mick Mars and Nicky Sixx meet. Very amusing so far !

Read on its unbelievable.:D

Panamark
01-21-2004, 07:02 AM
I read on !
Finished the fucker. Great read, willl be interesting to see how they portray the chicks in the cupboards in the movie. (Watch those brooms !) The kitty kat chick too..

This is a must read for any fan of Rock"n"Roll debauchery, if your a Crue fan or not. I loved it. 5 stars !

Mr Badguy
01-21-2004, 07:22 AM
I just picked their boxed-set "Music to crash your car to".

What a stupid title, after Vince Neil`s shenanigans with Hanoi rocks.

The music`s great, though.

Gmoney
01-21-2004, 01:33 PM
What's the chances of a full on Crue reunion?

I see that Vince Neil is on the Hagar diet!!

PHOENIX
01-21-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Gmoney
What's the chances of a full on Crue reunion?

I see that Vince Neil is on the Hagar diet!!

I saw him on 60 minutes last week. His face was really huge.

Mr Badguy
01-21-2004, 05:24 PM
Last I heard, they are going out this year.

Traci Guns will sub for Mick Mars if he is too ill to make it.

Pity, `cos I think Mick is a real good guitarist, which I know is not what everyone thinks.

PHOENIX
01-21-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
Last I heard, they are going out this year.

Traci Guns will sub for Mick Mars if he is too ill to make it.

Pity, `cos I think Mick is a real good guitarist, which I know is not what everyone thinks.

Steve Stevens once said he really liked playing Micks riffs live when he was in Vinces band.

twonabomber
01-21-2004, 06:53 PM
yeah, but compared to most of Steve's own stuff, Mick's riffs are rudimentary.

Golden AWe
01-29-2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by One Voice
It's a great book, i did read an interview w/ the guy
Sixx was with in London when he said he od'd
and was thrown in the dumpster.
I cant remember the band the guy was in.
Anyway he said that at least that part was
seriously exagerated.
Overall it was a great book, finished it in about two days.

That was the great guitar hero Andy McCoy from Hanoi Rocks...yeah, he has a different opinion on that...

Hanoi Rocks is back in action again, they released a great new album a little over a year ago...and he's got his own reality tv-show in Finland, with his wife, that Angela who used to date Izzy Stradlin...

Regarding to Andy, Izzy once offered him a million dollars to get Angela back...don't know about that ha ha...

Golden AWe
01-29-2004, 07:43 AM
Andy McCoy with his friend, 2003: :p

bighank66
01-29-2004, 08:01 AM
I thought the book was pretty cool aslo--a nice easy read
I won an autographed copy of it when it first came out.

Seshmeister
01-31-2004, 11:09 PM
The forums really let me down with the Hanoi rocks thing.

They played a mile away from me and I didn't hear about it until a week too late.

I remember Vince N saying in an interview at the time of the Razzle accident 'I'll not go to jail I've put money in all the right places."

The fuck didn't give a shit but went on a pre-emptive anti drink drive tour of schools.

Worse than OJ IMHO.

Cheers!

:gulp:

Seshmeister
01-31-2004, 11:10 PM
I've bought the book on Amazon though and should get it in the next day or so...

Gmoney
02-01-2004, 10:11 AM
Don't need to buy the book cuz I know how the story goes.....drugs, whores and more drugs!!!!

Golden AWe
02-01-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
The forums really let me down with the Hanoi rocks thing.

They played a mile away from me and I didn't hear about it until a week too late.

I remember Vince N saying in an interview at the time of the Razzle accident 'I'll not go to jail I've put money in all the right places."

The fuck didn't give a shit but went on a pre-emptive anti drink drive tour of schools.

Worse than OJ IMHO.

Cheers!

:gulp:

Yeah, I found out info about their few gigs around the world on their website...a little late to inform anybody...they also went to Japan for a few gigs last year, and Axl Rose wanted Hanoi Rocks to play on a different venue because he was afraid that Hanoi's would upstage the "GNR"...

vamp1227
02-01-2004, 02:14 PM
I am reading it now...